E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

IceCreamCone wrote:If the first miscarriage was faked, then I think we may be seeing karma at work. Unfortunately I don't think E&J are going to learn whatever lesson it is life (or God) might be sending them.

No way does Ellie take time off to process before trying again. For most women that have miscarriages getting pregnant again can become all consuming and we know Ellie is already an obsessive person. We won't see it, but it's likely she'll be consumed with testing and trying from this point on.

For those that didn't understand what the doctor was saying, Ellie had a missed miscarriage. Just important to note going forward if they start telling everyone they had an 8 week loss. Technically, it sounded like things didn't ever really develop (no baby, no heartbeat) and that it was just taking awhile for her body to figure it out.

And the first miscarriage was totally faked because if the doctor's office had told her she had a loss, then they would have recognized this history when she called them and would have probably been doing bloodwork every 48 hrs until her numbers got high enough. If they only tested for her progesterone, then they weren't concerned about a history of miscarriage. This would have given her a "heads up" that something was wrong though so she wasn't blindsided at her ultrasound.
This is very true. And they only tested for progesterone at Ellie's insistance. Not because she had a previous miscarriage. Jared's reaction this time was exactly what I would expect from him in a true miscarriage, and I was also shocked that ice cold Ellie had an emotional reaction at the Drs. office (poor jackson and calvin though). There is NO way that first miscarriage was true. Ellie might have convinced herself she was pregnant but she never was.
I do feel bad for them this time, so far they seem to be handling it pretty well. And Im willing to bet the second she gets the next BFP the Drs office gets her on progesterone ASAP and all will end well.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Pency »

Her family and the Utah Mormon society she lives in is so freaking insistent on girls getting pregnant early and often, and combined with Ellie's "I want it NOW" take on life, it's no wonder she's only happy when she's pregnant. I'd love it if she could just relax (NOT saying relaxing will help her get knocked up, I'm IF and that sends me in a rage tailspin hah) and enjoy her boys for a bit without that pressure. It'd do her a world of good.
kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

IceCreamCone wrote:If the first miscarriage was faked, then I think we may be seeing karma at work. Unfortunately I don't think E&J are going to learn whatever lesson it is life (or God) might be sending them.

No way does Ellie take time off to process before trying again. For most women that have miscarriages getting pregnant again can become all consuming and we know Ellie is already an obsessive person. We won't see it, but it's likely she'll be consumed with testing and trying from this point on.

For those that didn't understand what the doctor was saying, Ellie had a missed miscarriage. Just important to note going forward if they start telling everyone they had an 8 week loss. Technically, it sounded like things didn't ever really develop (no baby, no heartbeat) and that it was just taking awhile for her body to figure it out.

And the first miscarriage was totally faked because if the doctor's office had told her she had a loss, then they would have recognized this history when she called them and would have probably been doing bloodwork every 48 hrs until her numbers got high enough. If they only tested for her progesterone, then they weren't concerned about a history of miscarriage. This would have given her a "heads up" that something was wrong though so she wasn't blindsided at her ultrasound.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I do think it's important to remind that even 'Missed miscarriages' are still losses, still difficult and I think you do tend to say you lost at X weeks rather than "I lost an X week old baby".

I mean this kindly, it's a really sensitive topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

We have few details, but there's one that doesn't make any sense to me.

They KNEW her progesterone was low and supposedly had a history of miscarriage right? Who schedules their photoshoot for the same day as their viability scan? As a loss mom, this makes no sense to me. I mean, it's not like they don't have a flexible schedule.

If we hadn't seen they were in CA I would totally think they had played around with the dates given that Bonnie's vlog is from a few days ago too.
kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

My heart goes out to them. I thought the video was done very tastefully and sensibly (unlike the last one they did).

jillvstheworld
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jillvstheworld »

I know I give Ellie crap (as do most of us here), but man. I would never, ever wish this kind of pain on anyone. My heart goes out to them today. And as a lot of you said, this one felt so much more real than the last one. It was refreshing to see them like this again: open, honest, down to earth, and positive (but not overwhelmingly so). This past month, like they said, they seemed so much happier. It makes me yearn for the old Ellie and Jared that I fell in love with.

I have to commend Ellie, though. I was very proud to hear that she was getting on progesterone considering what happened last time. They were cautious this time around, which was good, and I hope they will continue to be in the future.

Also, I can't believe Jackson figured it out on his own. He's such a clever little kid. I hope this whole ordeal isn't taking too big of a hit on him.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:We have few details, but there's one that doesn't make any sense to me.

They KNEW her progesterone was low and supposedly had a history of miscarriage right? Who schedules their photoshoot for the same day as their viability scan? As a loss mom, this makes no sense to me. I mean, it's not like they don't have a flexible schedule.

If we hadn't seen they were in CA I would totally think they had played around with the dates given that Bonnie's vlog is from a few days ago too.
Could be that their photographer is booked well in advance and the photoshoot was already booked before they even knew she was pregnant and bad luck (karma) landed the two on the same day.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

kaymaroff wrote:

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I do think it's important to remind that even 'Missed miscarriages' are still losses, still difficult and I think you do tend to say you lost at X weeks rather than "I lost an X week old baby".

I mean this kindly, it's a really sensitive topic.

I don't think they were intending to dismiss early losses, but pointing out that Ellie has now (possibly) had two miscarriages at the same point in development. From a developmental standpoint, there is a difference between a heartbeat that is lost, and a failure to develop to that point in the first place.

If she truly has PCOS, then I suspect they will start her on Metformin if they feel it's been a contributing factor.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

...also, more evidence of the last "miscarriage" probably not being real is the sheer amount of different kinds of tests she took this time. Last time it was just that ONE blue dye test that is notorious for being misread.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Pency wrote:...also, more evidence of the last "miscarriage" probably not being real is the sheer amount of different kinds of tests she took this time. Last time it was just that ONE blue dye test that is notorious for being misread.
Very true...no digital test last time either. Just the one brand of test they partnered with.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ I'm sure this is what you are all getting at, but I'm sure she tested more and just didn't get any other positives.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

Interestingly I did not see one crappy clearblue test in that bunch...not even the digital. Makes it seem like the last one was staged for their partnership.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ I'm sure this is what you are all getting at, but I'm sure she tested more and just didn't get any other positives.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. This time we saw 5-6 different tests, including a digital, all clearly positive. Last time all WE got to see was that one blue dye test which only looked positive in the edited thumbnail. I still think she STRONGLY believed she was pregnant.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LittleRus wrote:Interestingly I did not see one crappy clearblue test in that bunch...not even the digital. Makes it seem like the last one was staged for their partnership.
Why would CB team up with a couple that has known fertility issues though?

Unless the announcement wasn't time sensitive as far as they were concerned (multiple months trying means multiple monthly mentions) but Jared pushed the announcement to hit Mother's Day?
lindseytssmcgs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lindseytssmcgs »

You all were right!!! I totally thought it was all speculation and just trying to find something going on but I was wrong. I really do feel for them after watching that video.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Pency wrote:...also, more evidence of the last "miscarriage" probably not being real is the sheer amount of different kinds of tests she took this time. Last time it was just that ONE blue dye test that is notorious for being misread.
i was going to bring this up too. She had a MOUNTAIN of tests (on the throw blanket, i didn't want to snark but ugh.. they gross me out with the lack of hygiene) this time and last time we got 2 (? maybe only 1?) CBE tests and thats it..

Seeing this SCREAMS that the last time was totally a set up for a sponsor. They were probably pressured into a mother's day announcement by CBE for more money and bingo, fake pregnancy. As much as i hate they are going through a real loss this time, this whole shady set up from last time just makes me dislike them even more. And they are telling on themselves this time around...

Karma.... just sayin..
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

After seeing what Jared posted on his Twitter earlier, I thought maybe a pregnancy announcement was coming today. I have to say I was pretty shocked and saddened to see that they've actually miscarried.

This time was a lot different than the last, which makes me think they've learned from a lot of their mistakes. I just wish they hadn't told Jackson or involved the boys until a little bit later in the pregnancy. I wonder if they would choose to do that next time around?

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

Regarding why she is only happy when pregnant......I love hating on them as much as all of you. But I really do understand Ellie. My goal in life has always been to be a mom. On career day at school I couldn't care less because I wanted to be a Mom and that's it! I found Ellie and Jared because I was ttc around the same time as them with Jackson and I also have pcos. I've since had two boys (5 & 1) and both were clomid and femara babies. I recently (like in the past few months) realized I've been suffering from depression because of infertility. I never recognized it in myself but when I was pregnant it seemed to go away because I was SO happy. Same as Ellie. Soon after my second son was born, the depression slowly came back and I started to feel depressed again. Even though I've "beat" infertility, I still have jealous feelings of people who get pregnant so easily. It's complicated and I don't quite understand it myself but I know I'm not alone. Anyways, I take medication now and feel SO much better. I think Ellie would too if she was allowed to. Infertility really screws with your mind but it seems like maybe Ellie has her pcos under control since she became pregnant on her own. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I totally get why she's only happy when she's pregnant. It's sad for sure

Also I have to admit I cried hard watching this video. In between my two boys I had a molar pregnancy. I was 11 weeks and went to the ultrasound by myself thinking everything was fine and had to receive the horrible news I was not expecting. Being blindsided is hard. I get that they brought the boys because they thought it would be fine (don't you always want to believe the best? I do). I'm so sad for them. Anyways, just wanted to share a different perspective. I have a soft spot for them regarding the ttc stuff

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

JVK19 wrote:Regarding why she is only happy when pregnant......I love hating on them as much as all of you. But I really do understand Ellie. My goal in life has always been to be a mom. On career day at school I couldn't care less because I wanted to be a Mom and that's it! I found Ellie and Jared because I was ttc around the same time as them with Jackson and I also have pcos. I've since had two boys (5 & 1) and both were clomid and femara babies. I recently (like in the past few months) realized I've been suffering from depression because of infertility. I never recognized it in myself but when I was pregnant it seemed to go away because I was SO happy. Same as Ellie. Soon after my second son was born, the depression slowly came back and I started to feel depressed again. Even though I've "beat" infertility, I still have jealous feelings of people who get pregnant so easily. It's complicated and I don't quite understand it myself but I know I'm not alone. Anyways, I take medication now and feel SO much better. I think Ellie would too if she was allowed to. Infertility really screws with your mind but it seems like maybe Ellie has her pcos under control since she became pregnant on her own. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I totally get why she's only happy when she's pregnant. It's sad for sure

Also I have to admit I cried hard watching this video. In between my two boys I had a molar pregnancy. I was 11 weeks and went to the ultrasound by myself thinking everything was fine and had to receive the horrible news I was not expecting. Being blindsided is hard. I get that they brought the boys because they thought it would be fine (don't you always want to believe the best? I do). I'm so sad for them. Anyways, just wanted to share a different perspective. I have a soft spot for them regarding the ttc stuff

I think the concern is mainly in the fact that Ellie can't and won't seek medical help with her depression. She will suffer the rest of her life with this bc they think smiling and buying a coffee for someone cures clinical depression. You did the rational thing and sought out help and took it. Ellie wont ever do that and will never get out of this cycle bc of it.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

I do feel so sad for Ellie and Jared but the only thing that really bothers me is that they know this video will get a lot of views that will result in a higher income. They kept the pregnancy quiet up to this point. I think the video was real with real emotions and it is the first time in a long time that it feels like we are watching the old Ellie and Jared. It just makes me mad that there is a paycheck attached to all those emotions. I don't know. I don't mean to be overly critical regarding their pain but it just bothers me. I wonder if Ellie or Jared's family feels that way too?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”