E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

And during the month when they were happier than ever, they still made a point of keeping their siblings' channel names blocked.

Maybe everyone else sees "the old Ellie and Jared", but I don't. The old E&J were just as fake as they are now, they just didn't have reason to think they were better than anyone else yet.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by BadWolf »

It seems that far too many of us can relate to E&J's losses. I'm sorry for all of them, even E&J's :(

As someone else mentioned, I really doubt their worry about something going wrong. I think this was just something they were saying, but didn't really believe. I unfortunately have had too many viability ultrasounds go wrong, and I definitely wasn't planning announcement videos for afterwards. I would take time off from work to go to the appointment, and would make sure the rest of my day was free to grieve. Ellie and Jared didn't believe anything would go wrong, and that tells me they had never experienced a loss before. Really, this tells me they have never experienced LOSING before, or at least not in a long time. They always get what they want.

But yeah, having a photoshoot for the same day just makes no sense to me. Ellie had a tweet while in California about it lifting her spirits so I really do wonder if they messed with the timeline because they had that meetup scheduled. It just doesn't make sense to me.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

JVK19 wrote:Regarding why she is only happy when pregnant......I love hating on them as much as all of you. But I really do understand Ellie. My goal in life has always been to be a mom. On career day at school I couldn't care less because I wanted to be a Mom and that's it! I found Ellie and Jared because I was ttc around the same time as them with Jackson and I also have pcos. I've since had two boys (5 & 1) and both were clomid and femara babies. I recently (like in the past few months) realized I've been suffering from depression because of infertility. I never recognized it in myself but when I was pregnant it seemed to go away because I was SO happy. Same as Ellie. Soon after my second son was born, the depression slowly came back and I started to feel depressed again. Even though I've "beat" infertility, I still have jealous feelings of people who get pregnant so easily. It's complicated and I don't quite understand it myself but I know I'm not alone. Anyways, I take medication now and feel SO much better. I think Ellie would too if she was allowed to. Infertility really screws with your mind but it seems like maybe Ellie has her pcos under control since she became pregnant on her own. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I totally get why she's only happy when she's pregnant. It's sad for sure

Also I have to admit I cried hard watching this video. In between my two boys I had a molar pregnancy. I was 11 weeks and went to the ultrasound by myself thinking everything was fine and had to receive the horrible news I was not expecting. Being blindsided is hard. I get that they brought the boys because they thought it would be fine (don't you always want to believe the best? I do). I'm so sad for them. Anyways, just wanted to share a different perspective. I have a soft spot for them regarding the ttc stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With each of my losses I wanted to believe the best, but knew I couldn't trust my body. Ellie and Jared were stupid for bringing the boys when they could have easily left them with Grandma Mecham.

But that wouldn't have made for as perfect of a scene would it?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:And during the month when they were happier than ever, they still made a point of keeping their siblings' channel names blocked.

Maybe everyone else sees "the old Ellie and Jared", but I don't. The old E&J were just as fake as they are now, they just didn't have reason to think they were better than anyone else yet.

Slow claps.... this is 100% the truth. They are still assholes underneath that happy facade.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Im not going to watch.. Im only here for the train wreck.
Olivia wasn't even shown at her bday in their own vlog that day at her bday. Imagine Bonnie doing that to a precious Mecham girl.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Does anyone else find it weird that instead of comforting his wife (as she cried at the drs office) Jared just kept vlogging
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I know some are pissed at Ellie for dragging the boys to the doctors, but I think it should be on Jared more... at the appointment she said "this is why I didn't want to bring the boys" that lead me to believe that it was Jareds idea to bring the boys?

Also I think the reason why Jackson was able to figure it out was because when the cameras were off it's probably all they talked about... so they pretty much told him with all the talk, without sitting him down and telling him.

PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

I may not be a huge fan of E+J, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
But this pretty much confirms that the last miscarriage wasn't real. It was all in Ellie's head and Jared (the whole family really) was very disconnected from it. How they are acting this time is how I would have expected them to act last time. I hope that at the very least Ellie and Jared can support each other through this difficult time, and Ellie won't lock herself away again.

I do worry about Ellie's mental health though.. the difference in her mood when she's pregnant vs. not pregnant is remarkable. She could really benefit from talking to a therapist and possibly taking medication if she's depressed, but unfortunately I can't see that happening any time soon. It's sad that they have to live their lives always acting like everything is okay, even if it's not.
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

I don't know how many are actually familiar with mormonism, but mormon women's self worth is tied up into how many kids they can have, they believe that they are supposed to give a physical body to as many spirit children as possible. in mormon heaven "spirit children" wait for a body. that's the truth. The women are told their place is in the home to raise children. They are viewed almost as 2nd class with no other value outside the home. so having a miscarriage is a huge deal to mormons. there is no official mormon doctorine about miscarriages.

someone also mentioned ellie and her depression. Depression is very widespread within mormonism. They are pushed to be perfect. The level of perfection cannot be obtained, but they still spend their lives trying. The are given callings that they must do even if they are so busy as it is. sometimes they are given more callings on top of callings. They must live their lives as perfect so they can get their temple recommend. They want to be worthy to enter the temple, so they try to live their lives as appearing perfect.

I really feel for ellie and Jared and their families.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

avabrooke1226 wrote:Does anyone else find it weird that instead of comforting his wife (as she cried at the drs office) Jared just kept vlogging

YES! And you could hear Jackson talking in the background. Ellie's reaction would have freaked the boys out Im sure but you dont hear Jared talking to them either. He seriously would have just been standing there like a camera man. If you hadnt known better you would have thought Ellie was there alone and left the camera rolling.

I wonder how much of Ellie's coldness is in response to Jared being checked out/only worried about filming.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

PumpkinHead wrote:Image I may not be a huge fan of E+J, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
But this pretty much confirms that the last miscarriage wasn't real. It was all in Ellie's head and Jared (the whole family really) was very disconnected from it. How they are acting this time is how I would have expected them to act last time. I hope that at the very least Ellie and Jared can support each other through this difficult time, and Ellie won't lock herself away again.

I do worry about Ellie's mental health though.. the difference in her mood when she's pregnant vs. not pregnant is remarkable. She could really benefit from talking to a therapist and possibly taking medication if she's depressed, but unfortunately I can't see that happening any time soon. It's sad that they have to live their lives always acting like everything is okay, even if it's not.
I agree, Ellie has a lot of issues that Jared works very hard to hide from viewers imo. She needs to work on herself and her health before having more children.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Where I am from it's "frowned upon" to bring your kids to an ultrasound, especially toddlers. I had my 8 week us last week and had no desire to bring my 2 year old.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

callie73 wrote:I don't know how many are actually familiar with mormonism, but mormon women's self worth is tied up into how many kids they can have, they believe that they are supposed to give a physical body to as many spirit children as possible. in mormon heaven "spirit children" wait for a body. that's the truth. The women are told their place is in the home to raise children. They are viewed almost as 2nd class with no other value outside the home. so having a miscarriage is a huge deal to mormons. there is no official mormon doctorine about miscarriages.

someone also mentioned ellie and her depression. Depression is very widespread within mormonism. They are pushed to be perfect. The level of perfection cannot be obtained, but they still spend their lives trying. The are given callings that they must do even if they are so busy as it is. sometimes they are given more callings on top of callings. They must live their lives as perfect so they can get their temple recommend. They want to be worthy to enter the temple, so they try to live their lives as appearing perfect.

I really feel for ellie and Jared and their families.

I am a mormon actually. I am not viewed as 2nd class, nor do I have children. A miscarriage is a huge deal to most, regardless of their religion, Ive had multiple myself and have never felt any worse about it because Im a mormon, if anything my knowledge of Christ and the after life is a HUGE comfort during my miscarriages. Mormon women have value outside the home, many run successful business, myself included.
Also, depression isnt any more common in mormonism then it is umong the rest of the world. We are not pushed to be perfect, infact we KNOW we arent perfect, and that we cant be perfect.
We are asked if we would like a calling, we are given the option to say no.
We do try to live worthy of the temple, but that does not equal living perfect.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

gymchick43 wrote:Where I am from it's "frowned upon" to bring your kids to an ultrasound, especially toddlers. I had my 8 week us last week and had no desire to bring my 2 year old.

It's probably the norm in Utah, though.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Just a thought. I dont like Ellie, and I do believe she has a lot of issues she needs help with before she gets pregnant again. But what if Jared is the source of her issues?
Ellie has changed a ton over the years since Jared has been home vlogging, she appeared much happier before they spent all their time together. Ellie might be a different person if she was a stay at home mom and her husband worked outside the home.
Also, many (myself included) have speculated on Jared's sexual preference. What if there is some truth to that? Ellie knows Jared doesnt really want to be with her but feels he has to, that would make anyones life pretty miserable...Jared seems pretty controlling to me, I dont think I could live with him and be happy.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

O my goodness, here we go again. I literally could not believe what I was seeing, the vlog was legit surreal. Let me just start and end with 2 facts. There was no baby in her belly. And the sac was EMPTY. Also, another proof of using every footage they want for vlogs and not necessarily from the day before.

IF the dates they gave us are true:

July 30 - ovulation: egg jumps to freedom and travels for 3 days to the womb [Where is ovulation test if they are so eager to proof being pregnant with all these tests?]
Aug 9 - first pregnancy test (10 days after ovulation) [9 Aug at best, on 11 Aug she says: a couple of days ago]
Aug 10 - 2nd pregnancy test (11 days after ovulation)
Aug 11 - 3rd pregnancy test & announcement pregnancy (12 days after ovulation) and "in about a couple of days an ultrasound" [Where is proof it was 11 Aug, Jared?]
Aug 13/14/15??????? - ultrasound: no baby to be seen, SAC EMPTY (14,15,16 DAYS AFTER OVULATION = SAC EMPTY = NO PREGNANCY)
Aug 13/14/15/Sept ????? - "are going to miscarry"/"are in the process of miscarrying". [When, when, vague, vague???] [Although by editing it was suggested it was right after coming home from ultrasound.]

Sept 10 - ultrasound? They can't post the next day for it would be 9/11
Sept 11 - what did they do? what happened? We don't know because the next day wouldn't be about today. Or would it?
Sept 12 - uploading vlog with 2 messages in 1 video: baby in belly & baby died. O poor us. How convenient for another episode of attention seeking.
[Why TODAY, how come? Was the ultrasound yesterday? When were Ellie's emotions filmed, happiness and sadness alike? Ellie's emotions were real.]

Sept 13 - will there be footage from Sept 11, and we think it's from the 12th? Etc. [fill in miscellaneous dates of footage for miscellaneous dates of vlogs]

Even if I take the latest possible date, 12 Sept, and the earliest possible date for getting pregnant, 30 July, which are both unrealistic, their pregnancy would have been: 44 days = 6 weeks max. While they claim to have been pregnant 7 weeks.

Body thought for a moment it might be pregnant and prepared to be sure, because of principle in nature: better mistake in one direction than in another direction, in this case: better prepare for nothing (costs a little energy for hormone plus tissue making, max) than invalidly not supporting potential future life with tissue and nice cushion for the baby to cozy nestle. Jared's sperm cells were too late for they prefer to be hugged by Bryan.

= FAILED PREGNANCY. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH MILLIONS OF WOMEN AROUND THE WORLD, EVERY DAY, EVERY SECOND. ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF NATURE IN THE UNIVERSE this is called "failed pregnancy". In fact, every single woman ever existed on the face of the earth has experienced this, 99.9% unknowingly. Listen, "pregnancy" in "failed pregnancy" sounds misleading. It means: NOT pregnant, this month. Try again next month. Pregnancy failed. Try again another time. Inherent to trying-to-get-pregnant process. Nothing special. Not pregnant. Pregnancy no.
Last edited by lovingthisforum on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ophelia11 »

Shit. I'm genuinly heartbroken for them. And I think you guys are right, this will have a really negative affect on Ellie's mental health. I've been enjoying the vlogs the past couple of weeks, there was def a change in Ellie. She was like how she used to be. That must've been because of the pregnancy. I'm sad for her, she seemed genuinly happy and even though it's sad that it was only because of the pregnancy, I wish it could've lasted.
asv0204
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by asv0204 »

You can hate on me but I truly feel sorry for them. Especially for Ellie. She needs help now more than ever and I'm not saying this in a mean way. I know how it is to feel how she's probably feeling so my thoughts about her behavior and all the things we're constantly talking about in here are changing. I don't know, maybe I'm just totally wrong but my heart really is heavy right now.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lovingthisforum wrote:O my goodness, here we go again. I literally could not believe what I was seeing, the vlog was legit surreal. Let me just start and end with 2 facts. There was no baby in her belly. And the sac was EMPTY. Also, another proof of using every footage they want for vlogs and not necessarily from the day before.

July 30 - ovulation: egg jumps to freedom and travels for 3 days to the womb [Where is ovulation test if they are so eager to proof being pregnant with all these tests?]
Aug 9 - first pregnancy test (10 days after ovulation) [9 Aug at best, on 11 Aug she says: a couple of days ago]
Aug 11 - 3rd pregnancy test & announcement pregnancy (12 days after ovulation) and "in about a couple of days an ultrasound" [Where is proof it was 11 Aug, Jared?]
Aug 13/14/15??????? - ultrasound: no baby to be seen, SAC EMPTY (14,15,16 DAYS AFTER OVULATION = SAC EMPTY = NO PREGNANCY)
Aug 13/14/15/Sept ????? - "are going to miscarry"/"are in the process of miscarrying". [When, when, vague, vague???] [Although by editing it was suggested it was right after coming home from ultrasound.]

Sept 11 - what did they do? what happened? We don't know because the next day wouldn't be about today. Or would it?
Sept 12 - uploading vlog with 2 messages in 1 video: baby in belly & baby died. O poor us. How convenient for another episode of attention seeking.
[Why TODAY, how come? Was the ultrasound yesterday? When were Ellie's emotions filmed, happiness and sadness alike? Ellie's emotions were real.]

Sept 13 - will there be footage from Sept 11, and we think it's from the 12th? Etc. [fill in miscellaneous dates of footage for miscellaneous dates of vlogs]

Even if I take the latest possible date, 12 Sept, and the earliest possible date for getting pregnant, 30 July, which are both unrealistic, their pregnancy would have been: 44 days = 6 weeks max. While they claim to have been pregnant 7 weeks.

Body thought for a moment it might be pregnant and prepared to be sure, because of principle in nature: better mistake in one direction than in another direction, in this case: better prepare for nothing (costs a little energy for hormone plus tissue making, max) than invalidly not supporting potential future life with tissue and nice cushion for the baby to cozy nestle. Jared's sperm cells were too late for they prefer to be hugged by Bryan.

= FAILED PREGNANCY. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH MILLIONS OF WOMEN AROUND THE WORLD, EVERY DAY, EVERY SECOND. ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF NATURE IN THE UNIVERSE this is called "failed pregnancy". In fact, every single woman ever existed on the face of the earth has experienced this, 99.9% unknowingly. Listen, "pregnancy" in "failed pregnancy" sounds misleading. It means: NOT pregnant, this month. Try again next month. Pregnancy failed. Try again another time. Inherent to trying-to-get-pregnant process. Nothing special. Not pregnant. Pregnancy no.
They did have an appointment before the ultrasound though. And they did have the blood work done to test her progesterone levels. I do believe she was pregnant this time.
I dont know if I believe their timeline, but this time is drastically different from the last, I dont believe she was pregnant last time or they would have shown all of this then as well.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lovingthisforum wrote:O my goodness, here we go again. I literally could not believe what I was seeing, the vlog was legit surreal. Let me just start and end with 2 facts. There was no baby in her belly. And the sac was EMPTY. Also, another proof of using every footage they want for vlogs and not necessarily from the day before.

The timeline is weird and off and was jumping around so much that i couldn't figure out what was present and what was past other than the color change in Ellie's hair. Thats the first thing i thought, was damn this is so confusing, when did all this happen. It's like he threw all the video footage of this pregnancy, threw it in a hat and just randomly inserted it into one video.

I have to say though, as much as i believe that Ellie wasn't pregnant at all last time, i do think she was this time. If this whole situation had happened to you, would you say that you were pregnant, but lost the baby, or would you be able to be that disconnected to your emotions? She had a million positive tests, a positive blood test (even though they wanted her on meds bc something looked off, she still had that positive blood work which is more than she got last time) and then the baby failed to grow... while technically, there was no baby which = no pregnancy, if i was in her shoes i would still classify myself as pregnant up until the time i found out my baby was not growing. I don't think that their is a magic switch in a mother's brain that switches the sadness of a loss off if she finds out it was a "failed pregnancy" and not a "REAL" miscarriage. To the mother that was still a lost baby and she has every right to grieve. I'm NEVER a fan of Ellie's, but for once, i think i would have been just as upset as she was over this... (unlike last time, when everyone under the sun tried to tell her she wasn't really pregnant but she was too stubborn to realize it until she got her period.)

Also... lets see if Ellie is in white pants riding a bike the day after she starts miscarrying... (bc i assume that hasn't started yet...)

Return to “Ellie and Jared”