Tannerites/YAWI

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Tannerites

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Why is the mom so obsessed with periods? She's always going on about the girls and their periods and cramps. Is it because now they can physically have children, so they can make more little Tannerites?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

More about periods! Jeez will this woman never shut up? Poor daughter has her first day of middle school. Mom says to the camera: "She started her period and middle school in the same week!" I would have been mortified if my mom did something like that to me in middle school.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They showed the kids getting ready to go to school. Mom was helping fix lunch. She packs an applesauce pouch for a middle schooler, fruit snacks, a couple of granola bars, and a bag of Doritos.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Tiger27 »

The period stuff is just too much...I love that they are being open about it but its one thing to do that with your family and a whole different thing to do that for the entire internet. The oldest is 16 right??! Poor girl is being dragged in to these period videos and her mom is acting like she's 11 or 12. Even though she was a bit of a late bloomer, I highly doubt she needs to be taught essentials at this point. The mom is just doing it because they tweens eat it up and the poor daughters get dragged in to it. Just looking at their comments..."my mom would never talk about periods, I'm so glad you all do", "give me tips on xyz", "how do I tell my mom i started?!?" It goes on and on and the mom seems to have take it upon herself to be the queen period educator of youtube, all at her children's expense. She's got the Ohana adventure mom doing the same thing now (except in a less educated, more perpetuated stereotypes type of way). I wonder if they were sponsored by the summer's eve cleansing wipes (both them and ohana adventure mentioned them by name in their nearly identical period kit videos)...That's a completely unnecessary item for most people, along with perfumes and sprays like they both promoted. Periods shouldn't smell (the woman might notice it herself, but no one else should) if you're cleaning and changing properly. Now there are going to be hoards of pre-teen girls thinking they need all the extra stuff and probably irritating themselves trying to spray stuff up there to get rid of a "smell" they think they have.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That is ridiculous. I was fortunate to have a mom who was open about it. I remember seeing an ad for a douche once, and my mom was just like "No-- you're clean. You don't need that stuff". Nobody needs "special soap" for their vagina. So these girls watching are probably messing with their pH and setting themselves up for yeast infections so these YouTube moms can buy more crap.

tankap26
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tankap26 »

lmmomSD wrote:They showed the kids getting ready to go to school. Mom was helping fix lunch. She packs an applesauce pouch for a middle schooler, fruit snacks, a couple of granola bars, and a bag of Doritos.

I cringed at that! Not a great assortment for any growing child!

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Amy's dress was pretty but too small. Like 3 inches too short too. They have money, why must their kids dress like poverty? Also the lunch the mom packed for Aly was a shit ton of mayo, ONE slice of ham and cheese...im thinking maybe their lack of nutrition is the reason Aly is going through puberty so late. She's 16, just got her period and is barely developing

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

This is the first family vlog I ever encountered on YT. Found them while indulging my rather disturbing need to see every earwax-flushing video YT has to offer. I could NOT understand how on Earth they paid the mortgage or fed their family, but the dad was super unlikable and the kids seemed... rowdy.
Bernie_anna
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bernie_anna »

It's quite strange how immature the kids are, I'm shocked to discover that Allie is 16!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They are the most awful parents. Going through their son's phone when he goes on his mission, using their daughter's cramps for views, arrrrgh. The mom almost seems joyful talking about her daughter's cramps.
And I don't get why the girls have nice, old fashioned "normal" names, and the boys all have weird ones. "Azbury"? What, are they, big Springsteen fans?
I am so glad more people are here to snark. My daughter likes to hate watch them.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, and tannerite? It's an explosive. I wonder if they thought of that when they made their channel name.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bernie_anna wrote:It's quite strange how immature the kids are, I'm shocked to discover that Allie is 16!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! Didn't she get Lego sets and Disney stuff for Christmas? I remember getting clothes, makeup, you know.. Teenage stuff

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:They are the most awful parents. Going through their son's phone when he goes on his mission, using their daughter's cramps for views, arrrrgh. The mom almost seems joyful talking about her daughter's cramps.
And I don't get why the girls have nice, old fashioned "normal" names, and the boys all have weird ones. "Azbury"? What, are they, big Springsteen fans?
I am so glad more people are here to snark. My daughter likes to hate watch them.

They went through Bransons phone?? What vlog was that?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They are the most awful parents. Going through their son's phone when he goes on his mission, using their daughter's cramps for views, arrrrgh. The mom almost seems joyful talking about her daughter's cramps.

They went through Bransons phone?? What vlog was that?

I will find out.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Here:

Maybe they like to name the boys after cities-- Branson, Azbury, etc...

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

lmmomSD wrote:Oh, and tannerite? It's an explosive. I wonder if they thought of that when they made their channel name.

I'm willing to bet that's why they chose the name.
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

I feel like "the most awful parents" is a bit extreme. I'm not a minion or anything, I definitely side-eye some of the things they do but the kids do seem like nice kids and Sarah and Johnny clearly love them. I was impressed with how patient he was with Allie driving, and I don't know I personally like them more than dislike. "Awful" to me is more like neglectful and abusive...but each to their own opinion, it's all good.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

AutumnLeaves3 wrote:I feel like "the most awful parents" is a bit extreme. I'm not a minion or anything, I definitely side-eye some of the things they do but the kids do seem like nice kids and Sarah and Johnny clearly love them. I was impressed with how patient he was with Allie driving, and I don't know I personally like them more than dislike. "Awful" to me is more like neglectful and abusive...but each to their own opinion, it's all good.
Perhaps "awful" is an exaggeration. But I just think gleefully exploiting your children's privacy on the internet for money is pretty despicable. Those kids have no choice. When she's going on about cramps, her daughters look like they wish the couch would just swallow them up. And for the record, I think that 99% of family vloggers are also bad parents. Just the choice to put your child on the internet and expose their potty training accidents, illnesses, acne, periods, first relationships/crushes, etc to scrutiny by thousands of people so that you can have a nice car, and not have to work a regular job, is pretty rotten. And most of them are earning way beyond what they would normally be able to make.
I'll get off my soapbox now. Just thought I'd explain what I meant.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

These tools took their kids out of school to celebrate getting subscribers... I couldn't miss school if I had a cough!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Oh I so agree with you about his face. I also don't find the youngest 2 boys to be cute children either. I never brought it up here before because you can't help the way you look, but he was definitely what turned me off of the vlogs.

Return to “Q-Z”