8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

yoyo16
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by yoyo16 »

ohnogurl wrote:I usually stick up for Shari but she was just being a complete brat to Julie in the vlog from today. Also, that doctor gives me a weird vibe.
He didn't seem weird, he's a children's doctor. If anything, I think it's weird that someone would video their child's well visit. I hope ruby isn't filming him without consent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

Shari has become increasingly rude lately. First the comment about her team mates sucking, the fighting with Julie and then the free clothes comment rubbed me the wrong way. She is getting that entitled attitude Youtubers do expecting a bunch of free studf

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Maybe shari has learned that she can pretty much say whatever she wants as long as she is performing for the camera.

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Kjr123 wrote:Shari is entering those awful teenage years where they are just brats and everyone is wrong while they are always right. She needs parenting! My mom would have sent me straight to my room with a smack on the mouth if I ever talked to her the way Shari talks to Ruby. Maybe it's rebelling against Ruby, but she has been increasingly more rude and bratty the last couple vlogs. Not cute.

I get we have all been there, but none of our moms broadcasted it to the entire world.
In all fairness to Shari l am no expert but it seems that Ruby makes their relationship like a friendship. She appears to approach Shari like she's trying to get buddy buddy with her and almost win Shari over rather than aproaching her like a parent conversing with her child. I have a daughter close to Shari in age and l have noticed l get far less kick back from her when l am buddy buddy with her, but on the other hand l have noticed my daughter gets nervy and starts correcting me and commenting on my fashion etc. like Shari does wirh Ruby. I quickly have to reestablish our roles and she's back to being respectful. Admittedly when l reestablish my authority l get more flack but l dont mind dealing.with it. That's my job. Kids usually have plenty of friends but only 1 Mother. I can see the dance between Shari and Ruby and l get why Ruby wants to avoid "the storm" parenting a teenage girl can bring. I think it's worth it in the long run. I am not saying it has to be a constant battlefield but l do think Shari sees her and Ruby on a level playing field. My understanding from a few Moms l respect that are far ahead of me in the game is the "friendship" part comes later when they need less parenting and comes out of respect for you. Shari is only 13 and is far from not needing authority in her life to guide her.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kjr123 wrote:Shari is entering those awful teenage years where they are just brats and everyone is wrong while they are always right. She needs parenting! My mom would have sent me straight to my room with a smack on the mouth if I ever talked to her the way Shari talks to Ruby. Maybe it's rebelling against Ruby, but she has been increasingly more rude and bratty the last couple vlogs. Not cute.

I get we have all been there, but none of our moms broadcasted it to the entire world.
No kidding. My mom had already been through it a few times by the time she got to me, and just shrugged and said "I don't like you either. Go to your room". I was lucky -- my daughter's stepmom got all the grief my daughter had to give! But my daughter spent a lot of time in her room at her dad's house.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

I was checking out Shari's IG. Where does she get her weird body shape from? And where do her and Eve get those big heads from?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

missparzival wrote:Shari has become increasingly rude lately. First the comment about her team mates sucking, the fighting with Julie and then the free clothes comment rubbed me the wrong way. She is getting that entitled attitude Youtubers do expecting a bunch of free studf

I felt sorry for Julie,when she took her candy!

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

lmmomSD wrote:

No kidding. My mom had already been through it a few times by the time she got to me, and just shrugged and said "I don't like you either. Go to your room". I was lucky -- my daughter's stepmom got all the grief my daughter had to give! But my daughter spent a lot of time in her room at her dad's house.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
My MIL's go to response when her kids were teenagers and went through the "I hate you" stage was "Well hate me from your room!"
I can't wait until my kids are teenagers ImageImage my 3yo is hard enough work now Image
mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

zipadeedodah wrote:
Vincere wrote:The description in the latest vlog:
Eve and Julie will not have anymore fighting at night.
Is this proper English?
Sounds odd and I am not native.
no. She could've said eve and Julie will no longer fight at night. But she's a griffiths and they have horrific grammar!
i would just say "julie and eve won't fight anymore at night..."
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I really don't understand why film your kid while getting a vaccine and crying?
And then post it on the Internet!
Who wants to remember their children suffering and then use it to make a cheap buck?
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I wouldn't really call getting a shot "suffering".

I guess unlike some vloggers who create an image of their family, she just shows us what they do on a daily basis. She used to have themes and advice, things such as, "how to shop for a family of 8" or "motivating kids to practice instruments", "coping with miscarriages", but now it's just a look into their daily lives including embarrassing stuff.

I liked the old style better.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:I was checking out Shari's IG. Where does she get her weird body shape from? And where do her and Eve get those big heads from?

I don't mean this is an insulting way toward Little People or Shari, but I've noticed she kind of looks like a taller version of a little person.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

actuallydear wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:I was checking out Shari's IG. Where does she get her weird body shape from? And where do her and Eve get those big heads from?

I don't mean this is an insulting way toward Little People or Shari, but I've noticed she kind of looks like a taller version of a little person.
Hahahahaha I totally see that.

kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

actuallydear wrote:

I totally see that. When I first read this I thought you meant like the Little People toys. And the image in my head was fantastic.

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Hi! I get that this is a gossip board. And I love to gossip. But I would like to suggest that we stop talking about Shari's body type/shape, something that she didn't choose for herself and that she cannot change (not suggesting she'd want to or that she should). She is a young teen. The last thing she needs is to bump into a message board that will make her question whether her body is weird. No good can come out of that. Teenage girls are pretty good about doing that unprompted, and I'm sure she'd getting ugly comments on her IG and on youtube. Being thrust into the the public eye was something that her parents did to her, and that she is too young to consent to with a full understanding of the consequences. I have no problem with commenting on the looks/style choices of the adults involved, or with the fact that Shari is acting bratty. Even when they are not coming from an ugly place these comments can do immense damage to a teen's self worth.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I was blown away by Julie figuring out how to play Angels we have heard on high on the piano. I just have such a soft spot for her.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

sasperillo wrote:Hi! I get that this is a gossip board. And I love to gossip. But I would like to suggest that we stop talking about Shari's body type/shape, something that she didn't choose for herself and that she cannot change (not suggesting she'd want to or that she should). She is a young teen. The last thing she needs is to bump into a message board that will make her question whether her body is weird. No good can come out of that. Teenage girls are pretty good about doing that unprompted, and I'm sure she'd getting ugly comments on her IG and on youtube. Being thrust into the the public eye was something that her parents did to her, and that she is too young to consent to with a full understanding of the consequences. I have no problem with commenting on the looks/style choices of the adults involved, or with the fact that Shari is acting bratty. Even when they are not coming from an ugly place these comments can do immense damage to a teen's self worth.
Adults on the internet saying the most horrible things about a teenagers appearance. yet people will criticise youtubers attitude because they are oh so horrible! imagine if Ruby ever criticise anyone physical appearance on the vlog let alone a teenager who never created a youtube channel but its completely fine for them to do so.
i hope you all look like victoria secret models and your kids are going to win miss usa. Dont forget Karma is a bitch...
if you have never suffered from anyone bullying you on your physical appearance when you are in the most vulnerable stage in your life, i hope you remember your posts on here when your daughter or son tell you about it one day. Good day :) :love2:
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

Pency wrote:I was blown away by Julie figuring out how to play Angels we have heard on high on the piano. I just have such a soft spot for her.
she is really charming. i hope she get to develop her talent a lot more <3
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Personally, I think Shari is a pretty girl, and I agree that young teens can find plenty of things to hate about their bodies all by themselves without criticism from the internet. Ruby mentioned several months ago that Shari was restricting sugar from her diet, so my guess is she's already hyper aware of her appearance and any perceived flaws. We don't know what is said or done at home when the camera is off, but I would be pretty self-conscious as a young teen on YouTube, getting all sorts of comments, in contrast with my naturally thin mom and aunts.

Also, I feel like Shari's intellect is well above average. It is an extremely weird thing to finally realize, as a child, that you are intellectually superior to your mom. Add in the level of demands placed on Shari (largely in an effort by Ruby to out-Griffiths her own mother, IMO) with chores, responsibilities, and being a second mother to the younger children... It's a recipe for creating a teen who feels she is equal to (or better than) her mother.

The comments about her peers using apps for school work, the volleyball comment, etc... I can overlook them because I understand them, I suppose. At some point in her life, her Jenga tower of superiority will tumble to the ground. She will learn that being smarter than others doesn't make you better than them, and doesn't always get you where you want to be. There is also always going to be someone smarter. But intelligence isn't the trump card she might imagine it to be. Other qualities matter, and if you want to be successful in life, you need to be likeable and relatable. Unfortunately, that's a lesson you have to learn the hard way.

I don't really expect a 13 yr old girl to have a perfected social media persona. If I had been on YouTube at 13... Everyone would have hated me. I can't think of any 13 year olds that are flawless. If, by any chance, Ruby or her family reads here, I'd like to suggest that in the future, any criticisms of Shari's peers (or any of the "kidses" peers) get edited out of the vlog.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

I didn't notice anyone on here saying "the most horrible things" about Shari. I too have wondered about her body type. Her dad is tall and thin and Ruby is pretty leggy for her height. Maybe she takes after someone on her dad's side bc Grandpa Griff is a beanpole. She is still a pretty girl with a cute figure.

I don't blame her for resenting Ruby either. I'd be pissed about being vlogged, having to help raise five siblings, and being made to live Ruby's bizarro version of a minimalist lifestyle. At 13, I either wanted to hang out with friends or, because I was an overachiever like Shari, be left in peace to read, etc. Shari is expected to care for four younger siblings with zero privacy. Even Chad was expected to look after Eve when Ruby dumped all the kids on random family members while she and Kevin took a vaca to St. Louis.

Return to “8 Passengers”