AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 7

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Thank you :) and I wish lol
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

Happy birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

Out of curiosity what do you ladies think of almond milk? Like what are the benefits you like about it? I'm totally against it but I'd like to hear why people like it and don't worry I'm not going to argue just shut my mouth and listen lol

whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

It tastes better, imo. And SO is lactose intolerant. You just get used to it after a while.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I don't like it by itself and I don't give it to my kids. I used to like about a tablespoon of milk in my coffee but started replacing it with almond milk and I like that better.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Oh I made the switch because the calories are lower. I also like it in smoothies. But only plain unsweetened. Vanilla is gross. Sweetened is too sweet. I do like the reduced sweetener one tho and it's only 10 more calories per 8 oz than unsweetened and I only use about a tablespoon.
#FreeBen
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I don't drink almond milk because almonds are not sustainable and are contributing to a drought. However, I do like alternative milk like soy milk, coconut milk, etc.
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

Medic wrote:Out of curiosity what do you ladies think of almond milk? Like what are the benefits you like about it? I'm totally against it but I'd like to hear why people like it and don't worry I'm not going to argue just shut my mouth and listen lol

Tastes like shit and made me feel sick every time I tried it. It took me a while to work out why I was feeling nauseous after I'd have a smoothie and I just thought I was "over-eating" but I wasn't, it was the almond milk (unsweetened - I've never had any other kind). I have no sensitivity to lactose and I'm not a big dairy person so I don't feel inclined to make the switch to a milk alternative.
Medic

Off Topic Banter Part 7

Unread post by Medic »

Thanks ladies one part I forgot to ask was say you had a child that was all done formula feeding or breast feeding would you give them almond milk over cow milk? Like jessica does for her kids. Again I just like hearing both sides of what people think :)

hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Medic wrote:Thanks ladies one part I forgot to ask was say you had a child that was all done formula feeding or breast feeding would you give them almond milk over cow milk? Like jessica does for her kids. Again I just like hearing both sides of what people think :)

I breastfeed my son and am trying to wean him. He hates regular milk! His grandpa gave him a drink and he spit it out. The next day I gave him a cup with some and he took a drink, made a disgusted face and took the cup and put it on his grandpa's chair. It was so funny, like he knew grandpa only drank that crap. But I've been giving him really watered down almond milk and he drinks it. I think it's because it has a sweeter taste.
Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Littlewaltz »

I don't have children but I have done a lot of research on the topic, I will not be giving my children cows milk at all. It is full of hormones and proteins designed to plump up a calf, not to benefit a human baby. I will be using/trying Almond, rice, soy etc etc until I find one that works. I use almond milk myself and I have been for so long I don't even remember what the difference is between it and cows milk.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am and my attitude depends on who you are.

briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

My family doesn't drink a lot of milk or eat a lot of dairy products so I don't need to worry about a milk alternative right now thankfully. But for my next child when they wean I'm going to try a milk alternative. Maybe almond, hemp, coconut, not sure. Whatever works for them and whatever they like. And I more than likely will attempt to make it.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Most likely, my child will have a dairy sensitivity. I had no issues before pregnancy, and during the first 22 weeks every time I ate anything remotely dairy related I became super ill.
Its just started calming down but I still tend to stay away from it.

SO has no problems with almond or soy milk, so that is most likely what we will have in our home.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

If I have a child he/she will be vegan (at least at home and until they can make the choice themselves). But I don't understand the need to give a weaned baby any liquids except water and the occasional treat of juice or a smoothie. Calcium is best attained from leafy greens, so they will eat a lot of spinach and other greens. I make some humongous salads. That is where I attain my calcium and probably most of my iron.
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

Thanks everyone :)

MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

I've never actually tried soy or almond milk. I wouldn't mind giving it a go. I don't use a lot of milk, just a dash in four or five cups of tea a day. I eat quite a bit of cheese though, we go though quite a big block of cheddar a week in this house!
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

I'm the opposite I drink anywhere between 1.5-2 liters a day of milk! I'm addicted. The farmers market milk is REALLY a good but I can't afford it lol.

I wish there was some sort of drink I could just chug and have all this motivation. So much work to do but just absolutely no motivation [THUMBS DOWN SIGN]

hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Haha omg this made me laugh. Hope it makes someone else laugh too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

So when I get super bored I like to watch makeup videos on YouTube. I was looking up makeup collections and omfg this girl has over 2 hours of video of her collection! Who need that much makeup? Who can freaking afford that much makeup? I have like 5 high end makeup products and feel lucky having that lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mumma2one

Unread post by mumma2one »

hjl226 wrote:Haha omg this made me laugh. Hope it makes someone else laugh too

Omg! !!!!! Hahahaha THAT IS HILARIOUS! !!!!

I'd honestly hate to be that woman though :-/

Return to “Off Topic Archive”