Bonnie Hoellein: Busy As A Bri | Part 55

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Busy As A Bri | Part 55

Unread post by ICantEven »

B: Joel, how many years ago was it that we met today?
J: If you look at the balloons you would know.
B: I know, but I can't comprehend it. What do the balloons say?
J: 21

So ridiculous and so sad.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

MommaLindsey2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:02 am
i_am_person wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am Sorry for so many posts but why does it look like Bonnie is missing her bottom teeth? I haven’t seen them since her surgery and she has that weird lisp now. Maybe it’s just the way she holds her mouth when she talks. I looked back on an older video right before surgery and I could see her bottom teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're right. It really seems like her bottom teeth are gone. It makes sense with the lisp she's developed, and I can't see any glimpse of white.
I am only saying this because I’ve been around my grandmother a lot and Bonnie talks exactly like she does when her teeth are out!

Fascinating observation, and from watching as much as I could stomach of today's video, I definitely agree. I wonder what's going on! I can't imagine she got her teeth pulled...
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

YUCK.

In her Instagram story currently “swipe up to see how spastic I am”

Is it just my Australian misunderstanding? Here it is not socially acceptable to use that word or r/tarded. As someone who works with children with disabilities and unfortunately still hears these slurs from time to time, it breaks my heart to see her use it as a joke on a social media platform..... I shouldn’t even be surprised though.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

aral12 wrote:YUCK.

Is it just my Australian misunderstanding? Here it is not socially acceptable to use that word or r/tarded. As someone who works with children with disabilities and unfortunately still hears these slurs from time to time, it breaks my heart to see her use it as a joke on a social media platform..... I shouldn’t even be surprised though.

The r word is definitely frowned upon here but people use the term spastic all the time, it isn’t derogatory they use it for people that are being goofy/silly.

cringeworthy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cringeworthy »

ICantEven wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:30 am
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:02 am
i_am_person wrote:
I think you're right. It really seems like her bottom teeth are gone. It makes sense with the lisp she's developed, and I can't see any glimpse of white.
I am only saying this because I’ve been around my grandmother a lot and Bonnie talks exactly like she does when her teeth are out!

Fascinating observation, and from watching as much as I could stomach of today's video, I definitely agree. I wonder what's going on! I can't imagine she got her teeth pulled...
I too agree... I just spent way too much time looking at her mouth, but there are no visible teeth on the bottom at all. And if you watch her tongue placement as she talks it seems as if there are not bottom teeth! Would this be a requirement for her chin reshaping or whatever it was she had done to her chin and face?!

Unread post by Guest »

aral12 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:44 am YUCK.

Here in the UK, spastic is an insult/derogatory term for disabled people. It totally threw me when G-pa Griffiths called Aunt Linda retarded in one of their videos. He justified calling her that bc that’s what the doctors called children who were ‘slow’ back in the day but I’m sure he knows that it’s unacceptable to use that word now?!
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Lo5o5 wrote:Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 am
YTIG60 wrote:Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:37 am What you describe is not a healthy relationship. You could pick out a few signs of codependency with Joel, but this is from reading an article and I'm not an expert.
It just struck me as a bizarre thing to say. Not ‘I want to show her I love her’ but rather “I need to give her reason to love me.” 🤨
This is because both Bonnie and Joel really believe that he should consider himself lucky to have her. She has mentioned in the past that she "chose" him because he treated her the best. Joel must have no self-esteem to feel like he's beneath her. Why doesn't he realize she's no prize?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lo5o5 wrote:
araldelete2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:44 am YUCK.

Here in the UK, spastic is an insult/derogatory term for disabled people. It totally threw me when G-pa Griffiths called Aunt Linda retarded in one of their videos. He justified calling her that bc that’s what the doctors called children who were ‘slow’ back in the day but I’m sure he knows that it’s unacceptable to use that word now?!
He should definitely know better but it is what we used to call mentally disabled people. My grandmother would call my uncle the r word when I was little to explain how he acted to me.

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Holy moly!! Bonnie is so animated in the ring vlog. If I did not know better, I would think I was watching a very young girl at a slumber party interacting with her friends. To be expected of young girls, but not cute on Bonnie at her age...clearly, it's the pills talking. Better to leave her odd behavior off the vlogs for now, Joel. smh.

Watching all of her vlogs during her pain management is similar to watching the late Anna Nicole Smith during her pregnancy and after, when she was clearly high on drugs. So sad and scary to witness. Poor Hoellein children to have to be around this 24 hours a day and putting on a show for YouTube as well. As an adult, I'm uncomfortable being around intoxicated people knowing they are not in their right mind. I can only imagine how those kids feel since they have probably never been around someone drinking before, well, mom's behavior is pretty similar.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

aral12 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:44 am YUCK.

They should be aware they have international viewers and this is an easy way to lose them. I don't see that word or words used in our area of the U.S. anymore. At one time, Bonnie had a large following from Australia. Do you think this is still true?
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I also was taking a look a Bonnie as she spoke today. It looks as if her tongue and bottom lip/chin area may still be a little numb. I also saw no bottom teeth. But I can tell you, it has NO EFFECT on her ability to screech LOUD!!!
I have a feeling that ring is real, not a CZ. They must have been looking, she said a 2 karat is $40,000. The way they spend on themselves, thats nothing. And Joel needs her to Love him, what better way than to drop $40,000 on her?

On E&J, Jared says to Ellie, that she married down by marrying him. He says he married UP by marrying her. Ugh, please. She was weeding all day whilst the kids played with chalk on the driveway. Then E&J are sitting on the porch, no Tommy all video. I guess the babysitter was watching him
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YTIG60 wrote:
They should be aware they have international viewers and this is an easy way to lose them. I don't see that word or words used in our area of the U.S. anymore. At one time, Bonnie had a large following from Australia. Do you think this is still true?
I don’t think you can expect You Tubers to know the language/terminology of every country just because they have international viewers. We can absolutely expect them to be politically correct and sensitive about common knowledge issues close to them, but we can’t expect them to know everything.

Words have different meanings in different countries. I mean, Brits have a slang term for cigarettes that is offensive in North America. No one expects them to not use it.

queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Lo5o5 wrote:Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am

It is not a derogatory word until it’s used in that context. From a medical standpoint, the word retarded is used for many different circumstances.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Lo5o5 wrote:Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am

It is not a derogatory word until it’s used in that context. From a medical standpoint, the word retarded is used for many different circumstances.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 am I don’t think you can expect You Tubers to know the language/terminology of every country just because they have international viewers. We can absolutely expect them to be politically correct and sensitive about common knowledge issues close to them, but we can’t expect them to know everything.

Words have different meanings in different countries. I mean, Brits have a slang term for cigarettes that is offensive in North America. No one expects them to not use it.

A good explanation with why I'm am wrong.

Unread post by Guest »

Todays drama wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am I also was taking a look a Bonnie as she spoke today. It looks as if her tongue and bottom lip/chin area may still be a little numb. I also saw no bottom teeth. But I can tell you, it has NO EFFECT on her ability to screech LOUD!!!
I have a feeling that ring is real, not a CZ. They must have been looking, she said a 2 karat is $40,000. The way they spend on themselves, thats nothing. And Joel needs her to Love him, what better way than to drop $40,000 on her?

I looked back at older vlogs to see if she talks the same way & she does. It’s hard to see her bottom teeth in videos before the surgery. I doubt she would’ve had teeth taken out then just not mention it at all since it would be so glaringly obvious in the vlogs? 🤔

Can you really imagine Bonnie being so humble that she would lie all throughout a vlog about a ring? LOL she would be shouting it from the rooftops if it was a real diamond! She’s always showing off her new spends. Also, it would mean she & Joel would’ve had to pre-discuss lying for the cameras sake. I don’t think they’re that good at acting & do you really they would let Boston play with a $40k+ ring like that? 🥵
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 am
YTIG60 wrote:
I don’t think you can expect You Tubers to know the language/terminology of every country just because they have international viewers. We can absolutely expect them to be politically correct and sensitive about common knowledge issues close to them, but we can’t expect them to know everything.

I'm with you Hello-I don't expect them to know what the terms in every country. In the US, spastic means what another person posted-acting crazy and wired. Remember these folks have trouble with spelling words in their own language!

I thought maybe folks were exaggerating, but wow today was crazy! Did they really think this should have been uploaded? Plus like someone said, this must be out of order unless they skipped some days after Lady's surgery before this was videoed!

Unread post by Guest »

Long time lurker- first post.
The ring vlog really encompasses why family vlogging channels are steadily losing their following on youtube:
A) Just a random gift for no reason (or at least one most people consider valid)
B) The comments about Bonnie wanting it being replaced by a diamond and Joel getting a razor really just show the disconnect they have with their auidence. Nothing about it is relatable.
C) Self absorption. Bonnie telling the kids to be quiet so she can yell about her ring and then calling them "Joels in training" makes her seem so self centered and like she truly believes that other people in her life(at least her family) are there to cater to her.
Early vlogs about her struggling with three little ones as a SAHM were so relatable and raw that her flaws were simply apart of the struggle of getting by, but now her vlogs are unrelatable and her flaws are too. I still think there's relatable content in there, but intstead they are taking cues from channels who are now also struggling.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I watched the ring opening and oh my...

All I could think of was - well, these children are going to be made cherish this memory of their mom getting such a gift that they'll speak so lovingly about it to their own families when they're grown up. Just like the rest of the Griffiths do.

It's like a Grandma Griff story coming to life.

"We didn't have much, and we had to share a coat but it was so sweet to see my dad scrimp and save to buy my mom a big diamond ring. We all sat around when mom opened it up and we were so lucky to share that moment"

Close your eyes. You can almost hear it.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:I watched the ring opening and oh my...

All I could think of was - well, these children are going to be made cherish this memory of their mom getting such a gift that they'll speak so lovingly about it to their own families when they're grown up. Just like the rest of the Griffiths do.

It's like a Grandma Griff story coming to life.

"We didn't have much, and we had to share a coat but it was so sweet to see my dad scrimp and save to buy my mom a big diamond ring. We all sat around when mom opened it up and we were so lucky to share that moment"

Close your eyes. You can almost hear it.
It’s really sad those kids really don’t have that many toys or clothes but their parents get whatever they want right away from expensive plastic surgery, hair plugs, and $500 worth of lush products. Meanwhile the kids have stinky shoes with holes in them. Image

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”