This Is How We Buy Stuff, Baby | This Is How We Bingham | Part 5

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: This Is How We Buy Stuff, Baby | This Is How We Bingham | Part 5

Unread post by MervelllaB »

My 19 yr old daughter is a Kpop fan. She absolutely refuses to “stan” any of the stats who are younger than her, because she says it’s weird. She likes them and thinks they are cute but she fussing feel it is right to have them as her favourites - even though they are celebrities.
Karina, if you happen to read this. There is nothing wrong with liking Youtube families. You have to understand though, that at your age - 15 - it does look a little strange to be so obsessed about an 8 yr old boy. I say this as a mum who is pretty chilled about most things. I’ve stood outside concert venues in the pouring rain with my daughters when they were a similar age to you, trying to catch a glimpse of their favourite groups etc.
Brexsen is just a little boy. You are attaching significance to a little boy that he isn’t even mature - more than that, you’re not giving him any choice about it.
If he finds it embarrassing, he doesn’t have any say in it - he doesn’t have social media to be able to object.
I know what you’re doing is innocent but it’s unfair. I’m sorry if this seems harsh. I really dint mean it to be. Sweetheart, these guys are just a family who happened to strike it lucky on Facebook. They’re not inspirational. They don’t even make good decisions most of the time. They dint value education; they promote stereotypical gender roles; I can guarantee they don’t have a lot of respect for cultural or religious diversity. They are probably nice people but there are much better people to be inspired by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MervelllaB wrote:My 19 yr old daughter is a Kpop fan. She absolutely refuses to “stan” any of the stats who are younger than her, because she says it’s weird. She likes them and thinks they are cute but she fussing feel it is right to have them as her favourites - even though they are celebrities.
Karina, if you happen to read this. There is nothing wrong with liking Youtube families. You have to understand though, that at your age - 15 - it does look a little strange to be so obsessed about an 8 yr old boy. I say this as a mum who is pretty chilled about most things. I’ve stood outside concert venues in the pouring rain with my daughters when they were a similar age to you, trying to catch a glimpse of their favourite groups etc.
Brexsen is just a little boy. You are attaching significance to a little boy that he isn’t even mature - more than that, you’re not giving him any choice about it.
If he finds it embarrassing, he doesn’t have any say in it - he doesn’t have social media to be able to object.
I know what you’re doing is innocent but it’s unfair. I’m sorry if this seems harsh. I really dint mean it to be. Sweetheart, these guys are just a family who happened to strike it lucky on Facebook. They’re not inspirational. They don’t even make good decisions most of the time. They dint value education; they promote stereotypical gender roles; I can guarantee they don’t have a lot of respect for cultural or religious diversity. They are probably nice people but there are much better people to be inspired by.

THIS!!
Most of us don't "hate" any of these YT families. I question a lot of their decisions because they seem to value money and YT "fame" over the privacy of their children, and most of them are spending the money their children earn like there's no tomorrow rather than saving it for them.
And they promote shallow values. They show off all the things they buy with the money that filming their children gets them. Most people can't live like they do, and it's misleading to the children who watch them.
And it can't be said enough: you don't know them. This time, with this family, it turned out ok. But if you trust people based on the image they project in edited videos, you could be setting yourself up for a really dangerous situation. And your parents need to pay more attention to what you are doing online.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Diamondgal
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Diamondgal »

karina maurovich wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:21 am
Diamondgal wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:52 pm Something really bothers me about this supposed picture. I dont think the Bingham invited her to lunch, I think it was just for a photo op. Plus what kind of parent would let their child meet someone they liked online? I know my kids would never be meeting anyone they watched out of their safety...plus it sounds kinda creepy and stalkerish to know where they go all the time. If I had a channel and someone I know would pop in all the time I would make sure my kids were safe and get them out of that environment. I wish these people would understand that. This world is NOT a safe place
you don’t get it no one on this account does cause everyone on this account are haters you find every possible way to hate on a family doing nothing wrong also they did invite me and I have the messages to prove it but ok whatever you say and it’s not like I was alone my mom was with me lmao y’all need to chill out and stop hating on YouTube families it’s so annoying especially when they are not doing anything wrong like yes you can have opinions on them but don’t post them online you don’t know what people are going through
You are a sad little girl and thats what you are. You do not know this family just like they dont know you. You may know them by name and where they live but knowing them is on a whole other level. You are also very naive into thinking its okay to reach out and say how much you love an 8 year old boy, which is honestly disturbing. If Brex was my kid I would make sure we had a restraining order on you and your family because this is not healthy or okay behavior
SweetiePie60
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SweetiePie60 »

Diamondgal wrote:
karina maurovich wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:21 am
Diamondgal wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:52 pm Something really bothers me about this supposed picture. I dont think the Bingham invited her to lunch, I think it was just for a photo op. Plus what kind of parent would let their child meet someone they liked online? I know my kids would never be meeting anyone they watched out of their safety...plus it sounds kinda creepy and stalkerish to know where they go all the time. If I had a channel and someone I know would pop in all the time I would make sure my kids were safe and get them out of that environment. I wish these people would understand that. This world is NOT a safe place
you don’t get it no one on this account does cause everyone on this account are haters you find every possible way to hate on a family doing nothing wrong also they did invite me and I have the messages to prove it but ok whatever you say and it’s not like I was alone my mom was with me lmao y’all need to chill out and stop hating on YouTube families it’s so annoying especially when they are not doing anything wrong like yes you can have opinions on them but don’t post them online you don’t know what people are going through
You are a sad little girl and thats what you are. You do not know this family just like they dont know you. You may know them by name and where they live but knowing them is on a whole other level. You are also very naive into thinking its okay to reach out and say how much you love an 8 year old boy, which is honestly disturbing. If Brex was my kid I would make sure we had a restraining order on you and your family because this is not healthy or okay behavior
She obsessed with the family especially Brex. If I were them, I would get a restraining order on her. I just saw all her Instagrams on the family. I believe she has made all of them and has commented on her own photos to look like it was them. She needs a mental evaluation about this. Im actually concerned for the Binghams.

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I know I addressed the girl in question directly but I tried to do so respectfully.

Can we just remember we are talking to a child here, please.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

MervelllaB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:57 pm I know I addressed the girl in question directly but I tried to do so respectfully.

I think that people are gobsmacked by the failings of the parents on both sides of the equation. The parent of the 15 year old should not be supporting or condoning the fixation on an 8 year old child (and should definitely not allowed any meetings to go ahead). The Binghams should put boundaries in place to protect their children and should never at any point allow meetings like that (and certainly should not be inviting 'fans' into their home). An 8 year old cannot make informed decisions around things like that - it is their job to protect him and the whole thing borders on emotional abuse of the 8 year old. Hopefully by coming to this forum, the 15 year old can reflect on some different points of view and have some discussions with their parent about it (and come to the ultimate realisation that what has been happening is neither healthy or appropriate).
SweetiePie60
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SweetiePie60 »

Yes...I might have been a little harsh so I apologize for that. I just find her Instagrams upsetting especially for a 15 year old. You can have a crush on someone but posting all over social media is not a good idea. There are a lot of creeps out there in the social media realm. She’s has to be careful or someone with authority(hopefully her mother) has to help her explain how dangerous it is.

Diamondgal
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Diamondgal »

MervelllaB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:57 pm I know I addressed the girl in question directly but I tried to do so respectfully.

Here's the thing, I believe I was respectful but the way she is talking here is out of complete disrespect so I am the type of woman that doesn't allow disrespect of any kind. Also the behavior of this person is criminal and she claims to be 15 going after her obsession of Brex. Im sorry, you seem like a sweet gentle person on here but when its regarding the safety of a child I will not apologize for making a stand for the child, I really hope you understand. And quite frankly she just says she is 15 and the girl in the photo but with the internet is she really all she claims?
carolinagurl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by carolinagurl »

MervelllaB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:18 am My 19 yr old daughter is a Kpop fan. She absolutely refuses to “stan” any of the stats who are younger than her, because she says it’s weird. She likes them and thinks they are cute but she fussing feel it is right to have them as her favourites - even though they are celebrities.

YESS!!! Karina, you shouldn't be donating yours/your parents hard earned money to a family who is more than well off. Hundreds of dollars thrown out on lives just for shout outs? You shouldn't be paying for their attention. Especially because that money is going to be spent very irresponsibly. That money could be used to save for college or in a savings account in case things go sour. Going to Utah during a pandemic and taking your mask off is extremely irresponsible. Im 19, trust me when I say you'll regret your decisions sooner or later.

Let's not even start on how the Binghams shouldn't even be taking money from people on lives. It's naive and leeches off of people who 9/10 do not make nearly as much money as them. Their ego is through the roof because of the support they're getting. The borderline psychotic fan pages, the money, the drink named after them and their logo as a sponsor at Utah events. I wish they would put their energy into forming normal friendships and relationships rather than the meaningless clout.

I hope the others don't turn out like them but in all honesty, it seems like that's happening. I live in North Carolina so I cannot wrap my head around the Utah specifically bubble but these people make it seem like a cess pool of ignorance.
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Hyacinth wrote:

I think that people are gobsmacked by the failings of the parents on both sides of the equation. The parent of the 15 year old should not be supporting or condoning the fixation on an 8 year old child (and should definitely not allowed any meetings to go ahead). The Binghams should put boundaries in place to protect their children and should never at any point allow meetings like that (and certainly should not be inviting 'fans' into their home). An 8 year old cannot make informed decisions around things like that - it is their job to protect him and the whole thing borders on emotional abuse of the 8 year old. Hopefully by coming to this forum, the 15 year old can reflect on some different points of view and have some discussions with their parent about it (and come to the ultimate realisation that what has been happening is neither healthy or appropriate).
You are absolutely right and I completely understand and share all of those concerns, which is why I addressed the girl too.
I just wouldn’t want the young girl or her family to go away with the impression anyone here was being unkind to her.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

MervelllaB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:17 pm
Hyacinth wrote:

You are absolutely right and I completely understand and share all of those concerns, which is why I addressed the girl too.
I just wouldn’t want the young girl or her family to go away with the impression anyone here was being unkind to her.

This may well be a snark site, however in all of the snark I get a sense of people genuinely caring about what is going on and the impact on kids lives as well though. Yes the 15 year old is still a child and they need protected (this should be done by their parent), but the 8 year old is a much younger child than them, and therein lies the problem. Given that the 15 year old's parent doesn't see an issue, the 15 year old needs to be made aware of protecting themselves. Are young people considered adults at 18 in the US? In three years time if an 18 year old is fixated on an 11 year old, the 18 year old could open themselves up to some very serious accusations (as innocent as their intentions are). It's one of the many reasons why the adults should have never allowed the situation to start, and should be stopping the situation right now.
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

SweetiePie60 wrote:Yes...I might have been a little harsh so I apologize for that. I just find her Instagrams upsetting especially for a 15 year old. You can have a crush on someone but posting all over social media is not a good idea. There are a lot of creeps out there in the social media realm. She’s has to be careful or someone with authority(hopefully her mother) has to help her explain how dangerous it is.

I think the problem is that we as adults, see things very differently to the younger generation.
Strange as it making edits etc may seem, I don’t really think she is making edits of Brexsen because she has a crush on him.
I think the younger generation today, very much see youtubers as celebrities. They make edits of these kids because they see them as celebrities. However, as children themselves, they don’t really see that it could be inappropriate.
I think this girl thinks that Brexsen is a cute kid but as I tried to explain to her, she doesn’t understand that she’s invading his privacy by editing pics of him. She’s not giving him any choice about whether he wants someone to do that. He’s not a celebrity. He’s just a kid. He hasn’t made the decision to put himself in the public domain. His parents have put him there.
Youtube has blurred the lines between celebrities who choose to be in the public eye and people who are there because someone else has put them there.
The Binghams are responsible for putting their children in this position. They are also responsible for their interactions with young fans and need to learn to be more responsible.

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Hyacinth wrote:
MervelllaB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:17 pm
Hyacinth wrote: I think that people are gobsmacked by the failings of the parents on both sides of the equation. The parent of the 15 year old should not be supporting or condoning the fixation on an 8 year old child (and should definitely not allowed any meetings to go ahead). The Binghams should put boundaries in place to protect their children and should never at any point allow meetings like that (and certainly should not be inviting 'fans' into their home). An 8 year old cannot make informed decisions around things like that - it is their job to protect him and the whole thing borders on emotional abuse of the 8 year old. Hopefully by coming to this forum, the 15 year old can reflect on some different points of view and have some discussions with their parent about it (and come to the ultimate realisation that what has been happening is neither healthy or appropriate).

This may well be a snark site, however in all of the snark I get a sense of people genuinely caring about what is going on and the impact on kids lives as well though. Yes the 15 year old is still a child and they need protected (this should be done by their parent), but the 8 year old is a much younger child than them, and therein lies the problem. Given that the 15 year old's parent doesn't see an issue, the 15 year old needs to be made aware of protecting themselves. Are young people considered adults at 18 in the US? In three years time if an 18 year old is fixated on an 11 year old, the 18 year old could open themselves up to some very serious accusations (as innocent as their intentions are). It's one of the many reasons why the adults should have never allowed the situation to start, and should be stopping the situation right now.
I absolutely agree with you.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

MervelllaB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:34 pm
SweetiePie60 wrote:Yes...I might have been a little harsh so I apologize for that. I just find her Instagrams upsetting especially for a 15 year old. You can have a crush on someone but posting all over social media is not a good idea. There are a lot of creeps out there in the social media realm. She’s has to be careful or someone with authority(hopefully her mother) has to help her explain how dangerous it is.

I think the problem is that we as adults, see things very differently to the younger generation.
Strange as it making edits etc may seem, I don’t really think she is making edits of Brexsen because she has a crush on him.
I think the younger generation today, very much see youtubers as celebrities. They make edits of these kids because they see them as celebrities. However, as children themselves, they don’t really see that it could be inappropriate.
I think this girl thinks that Brexsen is a cute kid but as I tried to explain to her, she doesn’t understand that she’s invading his privacy by editing pics of him. She’s not giving him any choice about whether he wants someone to do that. He’s not a celebrity. He’s just a kid. He hasn’t made the decision to put himself in the public domain. His parents have put him there.
Youtube has blurred the lines between celebrities who choose to be in the public eye and people who are there because someone else has put them there.
The Binghams are responsible for putting their children in this position. They are also responsible for their interactions with young fans and need to learn to be more responsible.

You've absolutely hit the nail on the head with everything that you've said here.
Alexandra4dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Alexandra4dreams »

Paranoid mom here....this girl is 15, so within a year she could be driving. She already knows where they live and it looks like Brex is somewhat comfortable around her. I'm sure she knows where he goes to school. This while situation is uncomfortable. I'm appalled. There are no words. I'm sure this girl is a nice young lady, but who is protecting Brex? Surely not his parents. It's not ok to be this obsessed with a young boy and have access to him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lananaoum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lananaoum »

Just scrolling ... I’m pretty sure Brex’s birth isn’t on YouTube ... but that’s just creepy. 15 loving someone who’s 8 (half their age)

lananaoum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lananaoum »

The problem is they insta story everywhere they go - the fans who live in Utah can easily go to them

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

lananaoum wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:10 pm Image
Just scrolling ... I’m pretty sure Brex’s birth isn’t on YouTube ... but that’s just creepy. 15 loving someone who’s 8 (half their age)

I think that the intent is innocent, but the 15 year old just doesn't realise how inappropriate that it is - they are being let down by their parent allowing it to happen, and the Binghams are also being negligent in their duty of care to their children and to the young people who follow their channel in allowing it to happen.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And calling him "my baby" is odd. He's not. He's Mindy and Branden's baby. Or am I totally misunderstanding and it's just a re-post of Mindy's post?
I don't mean to be mean to a young woman. But it's not normal to be this fixated on someone.
And I totally agree with everyone who said that this isn't fair to Brexsen because he didn't choose to be put online.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bm15
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bm15 »

Did Branden really just make a suicide joke over pretzels.. on a YouTube channel mostly watched by kids?
Also, if the Binghams appreciate this girl so much why did they vlog the entire day and she doesn't even show up?

Return to “Q-Z”