Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by Sickandtired »

ba1006 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:02 pm
OldHag wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:10 pm Poor anxious and secretly mean Boston. I think he's going to have some issues.
I can't imagine how a camera in their face all the time affects young children. It can't be good. I remember watching a documentary about children who are child actors and many of them grow up to have serious issues.
Look at all the Nickelodeon and Disney child actors. Majority of them grew up with issues. Aka Miley Cyrus, Amanda bynes, Demi lavato, Selena Gomez etc...
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Sickandtired wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:18 pm
ba1006 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:02 pm
OldHag wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:10 pm Poor anxious and secretly mean Boston. I think he's going to have some issues.
I can't imagine how a camera in their face all the time affects young children. It can't be good. I remember watching a documentary about children who are child actors and many of them grow up to have serious issues.
Look at all the Nickelodeon and Disney child actors. Majority of them grew up with issues. Aka Miley Cyrus, Amanda bynes, Demi lavato, Selena Gomez etc...
And these young actors had child labor laws to help protect them and they still had issues. Child labor laws offer some protections including work time limits and their earnings are placed in a special trust funds. These YT kids have nothing and it appears many of these parents are spending the YT earnings that would never happen without their children on camera. Add to this the exposure to unbalanced viewers isn't good as seen with the Earls Family Vlogs channel.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And being talked to through the camera. Some of these kids it seems, never see their parents faces.
And the line about "vlogging for memories" is BS. It takes them out of the moment because they're thinking about content. The dad from Gardner Quad Squad was yammering at Disneyland about how blessed he was to be able to create memories with his kids. Meanwhile, one of the quads were standing there saying "Daddy! Daddy!" And he was completely ignoring her. And they make them say "I love you" to strangers on the internet. That's gotta mess with their heads.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Does anyone know why Bonnie was crying with dry tears? I've missed some of their vlogs so I wonder if something happened earlier?
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Lincoln has a sleep over. With the dog. In her crate... on the bed. I’m appalled.
This is NOT a healthy way of crate training. That poor dog will never potty train because they never take her out of the cage long enough to be normal l, and then they stuff her back in the cage because she isn’t potty trained. It makes sick.
danalocs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by danalocs »

queenc13 wrote:Lincoln has a sleep over. With the dog. In her crate... on the bed. I’m appalled.
This is NOT a healthy way of crate training. That poor dog will never potty train because they never take her out of the cage long enough to be normal l, and then they stuff her back in the cage because she isn’t potty trained. It makes sick.
When I saw that poor dog in the crate, on the bed..

This is the final straw for me. They don't even let her be a dog. I hope they realize that they are not dog people and give her to a family or person that will actually allow her to become a normal dog. Like, wtf are they even doing?

Let her wander, explore, eat and drink and poop when she needs to! Sleep on a kids bed! And to not be helicoptered over every damn second, either. Idiots!

If she were a big dog, they'd chain her in the yard all day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Namm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:33 pm Does anyone know why Bonnie was crying with dry tears? I've missed some of their vlogs so I wonder if something happened earlier?
She really didn't say. All she blabbed about was that she hopes her kids and family member's kids know how much she loves them. Something probably happened but she didn't share that part. She's a mess.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

danalocs wrote:
queenc13 wrote:Lincoln has a sleep over. With the dog. In her crate... on the bed. I’m appalled.
When I saw that poor dog in the crate, on the bed..

This is the final straw for me. They don't even let her be a dog. I hope they realize that they are not dog people and give her to a family or person that will actually allow her to become a normal dog. Like, wtf are they even doing?

Let her wander, explore, eat and drink and poop when she needs to! Sleep on a kids bed! And to not be helicoptered over every damn second, either. Idiots!

If she were a big dog, they'd chain her in the yard all day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It shouldn’t take this long to potty train a dog. I resisted to crate training method (like the real one, not the Hoellein way) for a while but as soon as I just did it, she was basically trained in a week, maybe two. They’re probably keeping her in there too long so she pees in the crate because she has no other choice. I have also noticed a lot of smaller dog owners end up with pee pads in some corner of their house because they give up on training too easily. They’re just like bigger dogs, they need to go out side every hour or two for the first couple days and at most 4 hours in the crate for at least a couple months. And they should have plenty of free/out of confinement time (even out of the little play yard.) She should be able to run freely around the house or yard when they’re home/supervising.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Isn't she just wonderful to give away stuff that companies sent to her for free. You know they were products she didn't want or she would have kept them for herself. I don't see her giving away custom Bollie crap to her loyal followers.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

ba1006 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:32 am Isn't she just wonderful to give away stuff that companies sent to her for free. You know they were products she didn't want or she would have kept them for herself. I don't see her giving away custom Bollie crap to her loyal followers.
Exactly what I was thinking. The earrings that Ellie got for their ad vlog yesterday that she will never wear can join that! :D
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

ba1006 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:32 am Isn't she just wonderful to give away stuff that companies sent to her for free. You know they were products she didn't want or she would have kept them for herself. I don't see her giving away custom Bollie crap to her loyal followers.
Bonnie might being doing these giveaways to help retain viewers. Of the many perks they would miss if their YT channel doesn't do well and companies decrease the amount of free items sent to them, this is one both Bonnie and Ellie would miss. I believe they get a lot of free merchandise and one of the nicest freebies Bonnie received was her luggage. I wonder if Jared might try to find a way to receive free luggage too (their luggage handle broke in a recent IG) just like he has with cameras.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YTIG60 wrote:
Bonnie might being doing these giveaways to help retain viewers. Of the many perks they would miss if their YT channel doesn't do well and companies decrease the amount of free items sent to them, this is one both Bonnie and Ellie would miss. I believe they get a lot of free merchandise and one of the nicest freebies Bonnie received was her luggage. I wonder if Jared might try to find a way to receive free luggage too (their luggage handle broke in a recent IG) just like he has with cameras.
Jared definitely hinted he needed new luggage. Ellie said she wanted some for Christmas, but if she hasn’t ordered some already I’ll be shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:52 pm And being talked to through the camera. Some of these kids it seems, never see their parents faces.
And the line about "vlogging for memories" is BS. It takes them out of the moment because they're thinking about content. The dad from Gardner Quad Squad was yammering at Disneyland about how blessed he was to be able to create memories with his kids. Meanwhile, one of the quads were standing there saying "Daddy! Daddy!" And he was completely ignoring her. And they make them say "I love you" to strangers on the internet. That's gotta mess with their heads.
Honestly I don't know if it can be overstated how much living in the Truman Show their entire childhood could fuck a person up. Having to basically act out your own life and know certain events were staged and then grow up to see footage that might be a totally warped version of certain events would be scarring for most people. Not to mention how it would affect your relationships with your parents and the money aspect.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It is going to be very interesting (and I think sad) to see what happens to some of these kids who have been on YouTube since the first ultrasound shows them moving around. Gender reveal, name reveal, birth vlogs and then every day of their lives, from diaper blowouts, first steps, and so on. Nobody knows what the long-term effects are going to be. The Truman Show is exactly what it is.
There's a channel my daughter used to watch until they got just too awful-- Smelly Belly TV. Their youngest was 3 when they started the channel. They call their subscribers "Bellyans", and she used to talk as if she thought there were little creatures called Bellyans in the camera. She would say things like "I wanna show the Bellyans my new toy". It was so weird.
There are no laws protecting these kids like child actors have. For the most part, the parents are squandering the income that the kids are bringing in. Some people argue that buying the nice big house with the pool, and going on lots of vacations gives the kids a better life than they would otherwise have. But I wonder if they will be angry later that their childhoods were sold out for that "better life". They can't consent. I truly hope I'm wrong and that the parents are putting something aside for them. They're going to need it for therapy.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:33 pm It is going to be very interesting (and I think sad) to see what happens to some of these kids who have been on YouTube since the first ultrasound shows them moving around. Gender reveal, name reveal, birth vlogs and then every day of their lives, from diaper blowouts, first steps, and so on. Nobody knows what the long-term effects are going to be. The Truman Show is exactly what it is.
There's a channel my daughter used to watch until they got just too awful-- Smelly Belly TV. Their youngest was 3 when they started the channel. They call their subscribers "Bellyans", and she used to talk as if she thought there were little creatures called Bellyans in the camera. She would say things like "I wanna show the Bellyans my new toy". It was so weird.
There are no laws protecting these kids like child actors have. For the most part, the parents are squandering the income that the kids are bringing in. Some people argue that buying the nice big house with the pool, and going on lots of vacations gives the kids a better life than they would otherwise have. But I wonder if they will be angry later that their childhoods were sold out for that "better life". They can't consent. I truly hope I'm wrong and that the parents are putting something aside for them. They're going to need it for therapy.

I doubt they are putting money aside for their children since they spend an awful lot on themselves - liposuction, hair transplants, trucks, trips, etc.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

So if YouTube ends, Bollie is the business they'll depend on to provide for their families. They must be seeing something more with YouTube for Bonnie to talk about big changes and I wonder if AdSense is decreasing earnings or it is simply their numbers are not what they use to be. Anyway you look at it, their YouTube checks are getting smaller. If all of it fails, Joel and Jared are back working at their former jobs.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

YTIG60 wrote:So if YouTube ends, Bollie is the business they'll depend on to provide for their families. They must be seeing something more with YouTube for Bonnie to talk about big changes and I wonder if AdSense is decreasing earnings or it is simply their numbers are not what they use to be. Anyway you look at it, their YouTube checks are getting smaller. If all of it fails, Joel and Jared are back working at their former jobs.
They are delusional if they really think non viewers are going to buy their merch line Bollie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Arabelle
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Arabelle »

What happened to we vlog for memories blah blah blah now that they don’t get the large amounts of free cash now it’s we will see what we will do! She will never leave youtube even if it provides her little! Free money and influencers are just too lucrative to turn away! It sounds more like a threat towards Youtube rather than informing us! And your channel was not put in danger Bonnie Youtube clearly explained to you that you were exploiting your children for money!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIG60 wrote:So if YouTube ends, Bollie is the business they'll depend on to provide for their families. They must be seeing something more with YouTube for Bonnie to talk about big changes and I wonder if AdSense is decreasing earnings or it is simply their numbers are not what they use to be. Anyway you look at it, their YouTube checks are getting smaller. If all of it fails, Joel and Jared are back working at their former jobs.
But how is Bollie going to support them if they don't have a following from the vlogs? If their channels tank, Bollie will follow. Or are you saying that _they_ believe that Bollie is going to save them from having to get real jobs?
Bonnie is pushing the cookbook a lot in her instastories lately too.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

YTIG60 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:13 am So if YouTube ends, Bollie is the business they'll depend on to provide for their families. They must be seeing something more with YouTube for Bonnie to talk about big changes and I wonder if AdSense is decreasing earnings or it is simply their numbers are not what they use to be. Anyway you look at it, their YouTube checks are getting smaller. If all of it fails, Joel and Jared are back working at their former jobs.
There is a family channel called Meet the Millers and they are from Logan, UT also. The husband still works full time so YT is not their main income-it's a pretty small channel. Anyway Bri (I think that is correct) was explaining in a vlog last week that YT is really starting to crack down on family channels that feature children. Now I want to stress that Bri wasn't complaining about what YT was doing-she was explaining why her husband was doing a little spin off channel. Big difference is YT isn't their only source of income! That is what is going on with Bonnie IMO. I think that is why she made the comment about having her channel having the problems being demonetized in the past.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”