Julie Deru: Part One

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by shortstop »

Is Julie doing Invisalign?? It’s seems like in the last couple of vlogs she’s been talking differently?? Maybe I’ve missed something.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

shortstop wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:45 pm Is Julie doing Invisalign?? It’s seems like in the last couple of vlogs she’s been talking differently?? Maybe I’ve missed something.
Must have been a Griffith Girl deal. I've been wondering about Bonnie too because in a couple vlogs it's looked like something is on her teeth and she talks different too, and it's not the lisp either.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Julie’s view numbers appear lower than in the past. A year ago, they weren’t doing too bad with the baby and the help of 8 passengers. I don’t see the number of brand deals either. I also don’t know how they improve vlog content with everyone at home, but it is likely their only income for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nikki20031
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nikki20031 »

I think Julie is doing a good job of homeschooling and keeping her kids on a schedule. A lot better than some of her siblings attempts.

p.s Don't Beau and Emily homeschool?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

nikki20031 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:57 am I think Julie is doing a good job of homeschooling and keeping her kids on a schedule. A lot better than some of her siblings attempts.

p.s Don't Beau and Emily homeschool?
I think Julie is doing a pretty good job homeschooling too. Emily does homeschool and she has shown some of her children's work and they seem to be doing well. The house Beau and Emily recently purchased they are updating is very nice. It is in the same area as her parents, Ellie and Bonnie. Emily seems like a sweet mom and recently did a nice video with a friend on children's books she recommends. I didn't see Jared's children books ones Emily and her friend showcased in this vlog.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I see they haven't looked at their survival packs items for a while that was put together as early as 2013. I hope she tossed the 2013 can goods out since this is a health risk and are not good beyond the expiration date. She should probably rotate can goods and other foods every year to keep them safe to eat and not waste it. The survival bag ideas - what to pack were good.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I'm sorry, a license nurse that acknowledges her very short nursing career in a IG message. This for me, is infuriating. She has never never never faced a virus like COVID-19. I really wonder what type of nurse she was?

From Juile's IG: I have been there, and know what it is like to wear masks and eye shields to protect myself from various diseases. Although I am not currently working as a nurse, I will never forget what it’s like to help those who are sick.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIG60 wrote:I'm sorry, a license nurse that acknowledges her very short nursing career in a IG message. This for me, is infuriating. She has never never never faced a virus like COVID-19. I really wonder what type of nurse she was?

From Juile's IG: I have been there, and know what it is like to wear masks and eye shields to protect myself from various diseases. Although I am not currently working as a nurse, I will never forget what it’s like to help those who are sick.
She has (according to others here) complained about patients in nursing forums. Everyone complains sometimes, but it just doesn't seem right to go bitching about patients online.
She claims to "love nursing". I still call BS. Someone who "loves nursing" finds a way to do it still. She could have been working part time and bringing in a good income all this time before the virus. She could have worked at a school, or doing telephone triage.
And now, when the country is desperate, she makes some meaningless post on IG, rather than offering her services.
When I was working, I used to say I would still be a nurse for free, because I loved it that much. My license isn't active anymore, but if it was, I would be so out there helping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I found Julie's description of her nursing day(s). Looking at her blog entry, not only is her blog entry unprofessional, she is close to HIPAA violations. It sounds like she worked in a Step-Down unit or Tele unit. Also, CNA's are my favorite people in life. Honestly, this blog entry, doesn't describe a good nurse with the lack of compassion needed when giving care. Jen's response was unbelievable- "this made me cry. You are amazing!"
http://derulifeinmo.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... areer.html

FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2013
My Nursing Career
I don't know where to even begin. Mckay-Dee Hospital has been my little home for 5 years now. I started out as a CNA (with Landon) and worked my way up the ladder to an LPN then a Registered Nurse! Going through school, precepting, residency program, EKG course and ICU critical care course was not easy. Landon and I can not thank our parents enough for all the help they have given us; meals, babysitting and encouragement.

For my records I want to remember how a typical day went on IMC
0500: Get report from the off going nurse
0530-0730: Introduce myself to my 3 pt's, do an assessment (Ask them about pain, nausea, listen to heart/lungs/stomach, neuro checks etc...), run a tele strip (the heart monitors), look up all the am labs and CHART on the computer.
0730-1100: Pass out am medications, Dr.'s start coming in to write orders, help CNA's with AM cares, ambulate pt's in the halls, assist with Physical Therapists, make sure the Dr.'s orders have been verified and done.
1100-1400: Start my second assessment for the day and Chart. Help with lunch, eat my lunch. Continue to assess pain and nausea. Treat blood sugars before meals.
1400-1700: Wrap things up for the day, do education to pt's and family.
1700-1730: Give report to the oncoming nurse.

Now that doesn't sound to bad but.....
- Discharge a pt to either a homeless shelter on the bus, Nursing facility (requires social work needs), home, home with home health care, a pt dies.
- Admit a pt from the ER or whats worse is a Direct Admit (from like a Dr. Office), get a transfer from another unit (usually from ICU).
- A pt pulls out an IV and you have to restart one, or whats worse is a feeding tube.
- A pt is confused and you have to frequently re-orient them.
- Transport isn't available and I have to take my pt down to Radiology for tests.
- Give my pt a golytely prep for a Colonoscopy
- I have a lazy CNA who can't even take vital signs, doesn't chart a thing, isn't proactive about getting the pt up to the chair for meals, or I can never find them for help.
- Titrate drips (Heparin, Insulin, Pressors).
- Alcoholic who is withdrawing and on a CIWA protocol
- Agitated/upset pt who is out of control. Call Security
- Give blood, antibiotics, fluid boluses
- Monitor trends, urine outputs, vital signs, neuro status, 02 requirements
- Communicating with Pharmacy, Social Workers, Dr's, RT/ PT/OT/ST (different Therapists), dialysis techs, wound care & family
-Clean up code browns (big adult poo messes)

IMC has a lot of really great nurses, they have taught me so much. There is a lot to know and I felt like I was learning something new everyday. Leaving this Unit isn't easy, but I am so excited to not wake up at 0400 or try and stay awake all night. I am also excited to eventually get a different job and learn a whole new side of nursing. Most importantly, I am excited to stay at home with my family!
Posted by Julie and Landon at 7:50 PM
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I was also coming here to comment on Julie's short-lived nursing "career". Becoming a nurse is such hard work and dedication. I can't imagine going through nursing school (and spending that money) to only work as a nurse for a few years (if that)? No hate towards stay-at-home moms, however she knew she wanted to be a mom so I'm kind of confused as to why she chose this path, especially if she is never going to use her degree again. Strange to me.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:00 pm I was also coming here to comment on Julie's short-lived nursing "career". Becoming a nurse is such hard work and dedication. I can't imagine going through nursing school (and spending that money) to only work as a nurse for a few years (if that)? No hate towards stay-at-home moms, however she knew she wanted to be a mom so I'm kind of confused as to why she chose this path, especially if she is never going to use her degree again. Strange to me.
I will take this further and say not one adult in this household is working right now with the exception of two vlogs per week. With Landon home, they could try to increase the number of vlogs they upload, but they haven't. Her YouTube channel is small and recently Bonnie said they are being paying less for views, so how do they make it during these times. Brand deals are down now too. If you choose not to work, and for them it is a choice, I would like to ask who is paying for your healthcare and perhaps other parts of your life.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Don’t know how it is in Utah, but many places have a nurse shortage right now as well as doctors. I am sure she would be welcomed with open arms if she decided to return and help out.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:08 pm Don’t know how it is in Utah, but many places have a nurse shortage right now as well as doctors. I am sure she would be welcomed with open arms if she decided to return and help out.
After reading her now that doesn't sound too bad list but... which was disrespectful to her coworkers (lazy CNA) and patients (clean up code browns is never used as nursing terminology), nursing might not be her calling.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIG60 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:08 pm Don’t know how it is in Utah, but many places have a nurse shortage right now as well as doctors. I am sure she would be welcomed with open arms if she decided to return and help out.
After reading her now that doesn't sound too bad list but... which was disrespectful to her coworkers (lazy CNA) and patients (clean up code browns is never used as nursing terminology), nursing might not be her calling.
It definitely isn't. Like I said before, she claims to "love" nursing. I actually loved it, and have lots of friends who do. Even on bad days, and we definitely had some, and even in this crisis, that love still comes through.
She just says she loves nursing because I think she feels people expect her to. I think she is afraid that if she said "I'm not working as an RN anymore because it really doesn't make me happy, and although it paid the bills, I don't like it", people would judge her. I wouldn't. Nursing is hard, and it's not for everyone. I judge her more for lying about it. Although to be fair, maybe she's not self aware enough to know she's lying.
Edit: I do know nurses who refer to code browns, but we wouldn't in mixed company.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

[quote=lmmomSD post_id=1596130 time=1586229
She just says she loves nursing because I think she feels people expect her to. I think she is afraid that if she said "I'm not working as an RN anymore because it really doesn't make me happy, and although it paid the bills, I don't like it", people would judge her. I wouldn't. Nursing is hard, and it's not for everyone. I judge her more for lying about it. Although to be fair, maybe she's not self aware enough to know she's lying.
[/quote]
Yes, to say it isn't for you would be better. She could be aware of her real feelings about being a nurse resulting in not finding a job. Logically, she likely recognizes her income would help their family at this time with Landon's decision to remain a student for two decades.
If you look at Julie's blog entry, you don't see her state how patients impact a nurse's life in many wonderful ways. :D Her IG/blog entry speaks volume about Julie, but moving on....
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: After reading her now that doesn't sound too bad list but... which was disrespectful to her coworkers (lazy CNA) and patients (clean up code browns is never used as nursing terminology), nursing might not be her calling.
It definitely isn't. Like I said before, she claims to "love" nursing. I actually loved it, and have lots of friends who do. Even on bad days, and we definitely had some, and even in this crisis, that love still comes through.
Edit: I do know nurses who refer to code browns, but we wouldn't in mixed company.
I was not joking about nurse shortage, but I know Julie is a Griffith, so I was being snarky saying she could jump back into nursing to help during the pandemic.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Julie doesn't necessarily have to be lying about enjoying nursing, but I don't think she ever saw it as a career or calling. Being from the Griffiths family, I'm sure she has always planned to have more kids than she can afford and be a stay at home mom. Knowing what we know about the family, it's surprising that she actually continued working nights after having kids, and I'm sure that was only because Landon was in med school with zero income. Now that she can bring in a decent income from YT and IG while staying home with the kids, it doesn't surprise me at all that she wouldn't return to nursing. Even if she sincerely did "love" it in the past.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ICantEven wrote:Julie doesn't necessarily have to be lying about enjoying nursing, but I don't think she ever saw it as a career or calling. Being from the Griffiths family, I'm sure she has always planned to have more kids than she can afford and be a stay at home mom. Knowing what we know about the family, it's surprising that she actually continued working nights after having kids, and I'm sure that was only because Landon was in med school with zero income. Now that she can bring in a decent income from YT and IG while staying home with the kids, it doesn't surprise me at all that she wouldn't return to nursing. Even if she sincerely did "love" it in the past.
To clarify, I don't think she is consciously lying. I think she is saying what she thinks she's supposed to, and not really examining her feelings. That post about her day didn't talk about the joy of helping people, dealing with their families, or any of that. When she mentioned discharge, she didn't say anything about how great it is when someone who was sick enough to need telemetry gets to go home. None of the things that make the scut work and sometimes drudergy worthwhile. It was all task oriented.
I couldn't handle being a SAHM. We could afford it, and I worked anyway. I was a SAHM for 2 years when my ex was deployed a lot, and we lived in a small town in Washington state. I went crazy. As soon as we moved back to San Diego, I called my old boss. If I had a choice between helping my family with income and benefits, and staying home with that big brood she has, I would be at the hospital in a flash, lol.
I have immense respect for SAHMs who do it well. Y'all rock.

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:55 am That post about her day didn't talk about the joy of helping people, dealing with their families, or any of that. When she mentioned discharge, she didn't say anything about how great it is when someone who was sick enough to need telemetry gets to go home. None of the things that make the scut work and sometimes drudergy worthwhile. It was all task oriented.
I see what you're saying. I guess I was taking into account that Julie is a Griffiths and it never even crossed my mind to expect that kind of empathy from her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ICantEven wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:55 am That post about her day didn't talk about the joy of helping people, dealing with their families, or any of that. When she mentioned discharge, she didn't say anything about how great it is when someone who was sick enough to need telemetry gets to go home. None of the things that make the scut work and sometimes drudergy worthwhile. It was all task oriented.
I see what you're saying. I guess I was taking into account that Julie is a Griffiths and it never even crossed my mind to expect that kind of empathy from her.
LMAO. Too true.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”