Tannerites/YAWI

ChelseaB1126
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites/YAWI

Unread post by ChelseaB1126 »

I rarely comment on here, but today's vlog pissed me off so much I had to say something. First of all, if these parents should be pressuring Branson into doing anything at this point, it should be getting a job and/or going to school. Last time I checked, dating at 20, or even dating at all wasn't a life requirement. If it happens, that's great, but it shouldn't be someone's "job," like Johnny joked about! And ugh, don't even get me started on that comment about the girl being "baby worthy." Is that really the ultimate thing that's on these people's minds, marriage and babies? I mean, I don't like to be judgmental and I try to understand why other people hold the values they do, but even if Johnny and Sarah feel that way they shouldn't push that kind of lifestyle on to their kids if that's not what they want, or maybe even just don't want at this particular time.

I also hate the insinuation that just because someone is over 18 that they're an adult. Legally they are, but the law is a social construct and has nothing to do with biological reality or individual maturity. Everyone develops at their own pace. Still, I can't really blame the parents for calling Branson that, because it's a concept that's so deeply ingrained into our society, it's hard to get people to see beyond the brainwashing. It's a struggle for me every day to get folks to see another point of view. Branson should only be encouraged to date if that's what he genuinely wants to do, and he should only be called an adult if he feels like one and wants to be called one.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

ChelseaB1126 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:08 pm I rarely comment on here, but today's vlog pissed me off so much I had to say something. First of all, if these parents should be pressuring Branson into doing anything at this point, it should be getting a job and/or going to school. Last time I checked, dating at 20, or even dating at all wasn't a life requirement. If it happens, that's great, but it shouldn't be someone's "job," like Johnny joked about! And ugh, don't even get me started on that comment about the girl being "baby worthy." Is that really the ultimate thing that's on these people's minds, marriage and babies? I mean, I don't like to be judgmental and I try to understand why other people hold the values they do, but even if Johnny and Sarah feel that way they shouldn't push that kind of lifestyle on to their kids if that's not what they want, or maybe even just don't want at this particular time.

I also hate the insinuation that just because someone is over 18 that they're an adult. Legally they are, but the law is a social construct and has nothing to do with biological reality or individual maturity. Everyone develops at their own pace. Still, I can't really blame the parents for calling Branson that, because it's a concept that's so deeply ingrained into our society, it's hard to get people to see beyond the brainwashing. It's a struggle for me every day to get folks to see another point of view. Branson should only be encouraged to date if that's what he genuinely wants to do, and he should only be called an adult if he feels like one and wants to be called one.
That "baby worthy" comment nearly knocked the wind out of me. Can you imagine being the girl who spoke to a guy for 5 min at church, finding a YouTube video of his parents forcing him to ask out any random stranger he meets that day.....and still requests an evaluation of your "worthiness" of being impregnated? I hope someone alerts her, so she can run far and fast. Even Branson seemed horrified by Johnny. I am going to be so pissed if they pressured them into vlogging the date. He clearly doesn't want to. He might not want to even date at all.

i wonder if they only moved (to where nobody knows them) in order to get Branson and Allie married off in the next 12 months. Also, once you are forced into the "Singles Ward" is that sort of a mark of desperation for Mormons, or do all kids 18+ have to go there to be paired off?
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

ChelseaB1126 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:08 pm I rarely comment on here, but today's vlog pissed me off so much I had to say something. First of all, if these parents should be pressuring Branson into doing anything at this point, it should be getting a job and/or going to school. Last time I checked, dating at 20, or even dating at all wasn't a life requirement. If it happens, that's great, but it shouldn't be someone's "job," like Johnny joked about! And ugh, don't even get me started on that comment about the girl being "baby worthy." Is that really the ultimate thing that's on these people's minds, marriage and babies? I mean, I don't like to be judgmental and I try to understand why other people hold the values they do, but even if Johnny and Sarah feel that way they shouldn't push that kind of lifestyle on to their kids if that's not what they want, or maybe even just don't want at this particular time.

I agree with everything you said apart from someone should only be called an adult if they feel like one and want to be called one. That is how 30yr old people are still living at home and doing nothing for themselves. Unless there is an actual reason such as intellectual delay, a person IS an adult at 18. Once they complete senior year at school, they should be able to live their lives how they please as long as they follow the house rules. Branson is totally an adult....just an immature one who hasn't been taught how to work and has shitty role models in his parents.
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

That "is she baby worthy" comment from Johnny in the vlog the other day... He deserves a good kick in the n*** for that comment. What a scumbag. Are young women viewed as nothing but baby makers in the LDS religion? Coming from a young woman who doesn't see herself having children in the future because of other plans for my life, this makes me sad. I am free to choose if I want to have children or not, these young girls seem destined to be born, live long enough to have/raise 5+ children and be a housewife until they die. What a life.
ChelseaB1126
Amateur
Amateur

Bekkaz wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:24 am

I agree with everything you said apart from someone should only be called an adult if they feel like one and want to be called one. That is how 30yr old people are still living at home and doing nothing for themselves. Unless there is an actual reason such as intellectual delay, a person IS an adult at 18. Once they complete senior year at school, they should be able to live their lives how they please as long as they follow the house rules. Branson is totally an adult....just an immature one who hasn't been taught how to work and has shitty role models in his parents.
Nope. You don’t get to tell me or anyone else what we are or are not. Taking on certain societal obligations isn’t necessarily what makes one an adult. Besides, we all mature at different paces. I think the important thing is that wherever we are in life we’re always striving to be better, whether that’s as far as career is concerned, family, hobbies, health (physical or mental), fitness, etc. I don’t knock people who are living at home at 30, as you apparently do, as long as they’re at least doing what they can to progress in life. There can be so many different reasons people lag “behind” the general population. I’d probably be considered one of those people, thanks to my mental health issues, and it honestly breaks me down and makes me feel worthless when people suggest that because I’m not living up to my prescribed “adult” role in society that I’m somehow lazy or scummy. Even if someone DOESN’T have a disability that still doesn’t mean they should be called adults if they are uncomfortable with it. I hate how everyone assumes shirking the title of adult = shirking any sort of responsibility in life. I have a job, I’m in college, but (about to get a bit vulnerable here) the primary reason I don’t consider myself an adult and get so hurt when other people call me that is because I don’t want to be viewed as a potential sex object or romantic interest. Minors are automatically protected from that stuff, and my heart still really wants and needs that protection. I just want to be viewed as a somewhat vulnerable (but not totally helpless) little girl who needs friends, mentors, and protectors, NOT love interests.

As far as Branson being able to make his own choices, yes, I agree that at 20 he can generally choose to do what he wants, but that doesn’t mean he still couldn’t benefit from some guidance. What I hated about this vlog is how Johnny seemed to push dating on him like it was some sort of OBLIGATION.
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

iiarch wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am That "is she baby worthy" comment from Johnny in the vlog the other day... He deserves a good kick in the n*** for that comment. What a scumbag. Are young women viewed as nothing but baby makers in the LDS religion? Coming from a young woman who doesn't see herself having children in the future because of other plans for my life, this makes me sad. I am free to choose if I want to have children or not, these young girls seem destined to be born, live long enough to have/raise 5+ children and be a housewife until they die. What a life.
Yes they are only considered wives and mothers. They prep them in young women's group.
bluebutterfly_05
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bluebutterfly_05 »

Exactly!! He is no where near ready to be a husband and father. What does he currently have to offer a girlfriend/wife? Is she just going to move in and share Bransons tiny room and live off his parents?!

ctx2002 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:36 pm The part in today's vlog where they were essentially putting pressure on Branson to find a girlfriend/future wife was kind of gross. How about focusing on him getting settled into a job or college before worrying about a wife and kids? Plenty of young people these days don't have kids until their late 20's or early 30's. Also, I imagine if he was in college it'd be easier for him to find a girl.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

bluebutterfly_05 wrote:Exactly!! He is no where near ready to be a husband and father. What does he currently have to offer a girlfriend/wife? Is she just going to move in and share Bransons tiny room and live off his parents?!

ctx2002 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:36 pm The part in today's vlog where they were essentially putting pressure on Branson to find a girlfriend/future wife was kind of gross. How about focusing on him getting settled into a job or college before worrying about a wife and kids? Plenty of young people these days don't have kids until their late 20's or early 30's. Also, I imagine if he was in college it'd be easier for him to find a girl.

Seriously! What does Branson have to offer? Nothing!
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Lolislol26 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:02 pm
bluebutterfly_05 wrote:Exactly!! He is no where near ready to be a husband and father. What does he currently have to offer a girlfriend/wife? Is she just going to move in and share Bransons tiny room and live off his parents?!

I think Branson is rather... unfortunate looking. I am saying this as nice as I can... He has the worst of both of his parents looks. The huge moles from his father, and his mom's huge teeth. Plus his lack of ambition to actually find a real job or go to college to better himself, even online college... why is he not doing that???? What does he have to offer a woman? Like you said, nothing... Sure, he could change his YT channel to not be aimed towards children, so that way he could make it on YT.... but, YT most likely won't be around forever... then what? He has nothing to fall back on! He'll be crying to Mommy and Daddy "Mommy Daddy, I have a wife and 8 children, because you told me to get married to someone who was baby worthy... and now I have nothing! Help me!" But, they'll have nothing, because YT will be gone!
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

They should be pushing Branson to go to college or get a job, find a passion, experience life and find his own path. He is still so young and he is clearly not mature enough to handle a wife and kids yet and there is nothing wrong with that!
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I feel like they are just trolling everyone at this point. Manufactured drama with clickbait titles, often capitalizing on things viewers love to hate on, like Johnny's "getting rid of the dog" videos. I guess negative attention is better than no attention on YT.

I am sort of glad to see that Branson is responsible for Az's schooling, and probably more of the kids as well. At least he has responsibilities not linked to impregnating a girl as quickly as possible. Normally I'd hate on the lazy parents, but this might be a better situation all around. Sarah didn't even know Az had a science book. She also saw the huge mess Canyon made, and just said "careful dude, okay?". No consequence at all, not even being told he would have to help clean it up. Why is a 5 yr old doing "preschool" glued to a computer screen most of the day? If that kid ever manages to be half as mature and adjusted as Branson is now, I will be amazed.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Lolislol26 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:02 pm

What does he have to offer?! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle t-shirts, a cool new record player (with no records), Nerf darts to clog up the vacuum, endless jokes designed to entertain small children ("do you like see-food?"), and daily creature trappings! Plus any lucky girl will likely score a coveted position as volunteer nanny/school teacher, until she proves her own fertility.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Title suggestion... YAWI: Johnny Isolating And Intimidating His Wife & Children
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I see homeschool is going well.
Lizzie: "I found a nickel."
Savannah: "You are 10 cents richer."
Sarah: "a=mc^2"

I did feel bad for Lizzie. Turning 10 is a big birthday for a kid and all they were going to do is have her wear tiara at breakfast and make her do a lame scavenger hunt that led to a candy bar. They go on vacation to Disneyland to celebrate the first day of school, but make her sit at a desk all day on her birthday because it's "just like any other day". I'd be disappointed too if my parents set that kind of precedent. At least at school you are surrounded by friends.
ChelseaB1126
Amateur
Amateur

Allie: "Even though I'm going to be 18 I'm still a child."

Nope, Allie, sorry. You're not. You heard your dad–overnight you'll magically turn from a child to an adult, and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't like it, too bad. Just remember, society and lawmakers know you and what's best for you, even though they've never met you in your life and don't know at thing about your personality or maturity level. No room for variation in OUR beautiful nation! Don't you dare try thinking for yourself and labeling yourself as you choose, lest you be deemed a deadbeat, stupid, lazy, worthless, and so on.

Take it from someone who still considers herself a kid at (almost) 24 and has been hearing this bull for years now.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:I see homeschool is going well.
Lizzie: "I found a nickel."
Savannah: "You are 10 cents richer."
Sarah: "a=mc^2"

I did feel bad for Lizzie. Turning 10 is a big birthday for a kid and all they were going to do is have her wear tiara at breakfast and make her do a lame scavenger hunt that led to a candy bar. They go on vacation to Disneyland to celebrate the first day of school, but make her sit at a desk all day on her birthday because it's "just like any other day". I'd be disappointed too if my parents set that kind of precedent. At least at school you are surrounded by friends.

The saddest part about the move to me is that the kids don’t even have any opportunities to meet new friends. It’s not like once her home school and public school was done for the day her friends could have came over for a movie and pizza. They are all so isolated; it’s really sad.

Remember the little boy who always car pooled home with Az and then sometimes they had a play date? He was Az’s best friend. Now Az is stuck with bully Canyon and Branson who has the maturity level of Canyon.
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

Why did they actually move to this place? Sure, the Bennetts (Ohana Adventure) live in the same town, but otherwise? Did they ever mentioned a reason?

And yes, the homeschool situation is truly a joke. Don't understand me wrong, homeschooling is fine when the adults are able to manage it, but the Tanner parents' goal seems to be to keep the kids at home so they can do hide-and-seek and challenge videos and provide the family income instead of getting an education. This is so shortsighted and wrong, poor kids.

What the hell is Branson doing? As a parent I would declare a clear ultimatum: We love you but you're out by 21, son. Get a job. And no, driving your siblings to junk food places isn't a job. - But If your' not able to leave the house soon, atleast grab a shovel and start digging in the garden so we can have that pool next summer. - You dig from 8 to 5. It's called work.

Same with Allie. She's 18, but as with her brother she seems to have no plan, apart from that unrealistic 12yo-forever naive Disney-Princess nonsense. Girl is churchy-shy, looks homely and can't dance. Good luck with that CV down there in Florida young lady. - You better put on lipstick and show some cleavage so one of the local repressed mormon dorks gets giddy and marrys you off. - Otherwise there is a second shovel in the garage, and we can have an even bigger pool...
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lip wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 am Why did they actually move to this place? Sure, the Bennetts (Ohana Adventure) live in the same town, but otherwise? Did they ever mentioned a reason?
They were pretty squirrelly about the reason for the move, but my interpretation of Johnny's verbal diarrhea is that it was primarily to give their children the best educational opportunities, and secondarily for "work-life balance". That is why the schooling disaster was that much more confusing. They could have homeschooled from anywhere, and they didn't even take that seriously. Unless "work-life balance" means that isolating their kids makes it easier to vlog, I have no idea what they were even getting at. I am still highly suspicious about the whole thing. It feels like they are running away from something and it wasn't planned.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

My guess is that they are trying to rip the kids away from their schools and social lives in order to improve vlog content. If they stayed put, it is pretty unlikely that Allie and possibly some of the younger kids would choose to homeschool over seeing their friends at school. But vlogs of Branson and Canyon running around like toddlers aren’t nearly as entertaining as shoving the camera in some of the other kids faces.

They clearly knew they were going to homeschool long before they announced the move. Sarah had already picked up home preschool materials for canyon. If all of the kids were going to traditional schools, it wouldn’t make as much sense for canyon to do preschool at home. That kid needs structure more than any of them.

I don’t know why the move came so quickly though. I’m suspicious of johnnys motives for sure. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the drama surrounding the court case and his criminal record. There never seemed to be a conclusion to all of that drama...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

MelE wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:53 pm .

I don’t know why the move came so quickly though. I’m suspicious of johnnys motives for sure. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the drama surrounding the court case and his criminal record. There never seemed to be a conclusion to all of that drama...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What happened? Why does he have a criminal record & what was the court case about?

Return to “Q-Z”