Ellie & Jared: Righteous Ellie wants designer baby! | Part #126

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: Righteous Ellie wants designer baby! | Part #126

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:16 am
ba1006 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 am I thought they were downsizing but this new plan looks like it's even bigger than their previous house. YouTube must have been very good to them.
The house is bigger and it needs to be in order to fit into this neighborhood. I didn't hear them say they were downsizing, but some, like myself, might have felt they would be because they had stopped uploading vlogs. What on earth do they do to afford this house. :-o
It is a 6+ bedroom home (some of the bedrooms were on the small side) and I see instead of a three car garage, they have an area for Jared leading into the garage. That part seems strange, but perhaps he wants this room in order to work without being interrupted? Jared's Man Cave looks like he has a kitchen set up and bathroom. Is he moving in there? ;) Also, I'm surprised there is only one bathroom on the second floor?
Regarding Jared's office having a kitchenette, they mention it is for when the grandparents come to visit. Ellie says it's an office and they will have 2, the one with kitchenette will be done against code (Jared even says they may not want the county to know this). Single family homes cannot be set up with a kitchen as it is a 2 family dwelling then, probably not allowed in that development. Good Christians to be so sneaky and deceitful.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

I saw the plans and immediately thought oh they are separating and this is Jared's home but it could have been a grandparents suite.

I can't help but watch how happy and NOT ILL Ellie is through this process and help but think that this is a train wreck. Jared is a moron if he is banking on making a lot of money to support this lavish lifestyle freelancing.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:07 am
YTIG60 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:16 am The house is bigger and it needs to be in order to fit into this neighborhood. I didn't hear them say they were downsizing, but some, like myself, might have felt they would be because they had stopped uploading vlogs. What on earth do they do to afford this house. :-o
It is a 6+ bedroom home (some of the bedrooms were on the small side) and I see instead of a three car garage, they have an area for Jared leading into the garage. That part seems strange, but perhaps he wants this room in order to work without being interrupted? Jared's Man Cave looks like he has a kitchen set up and bathroom. Is he moving in there? ;) Also, I'm surprised there is only one bathroom on the second floor?
Regarding Jared's office having a kitchenette, they mention it is for when the grandparents come to visit. Ellie says it's an office and they will have 2, the one with kitchenette will be done against code (Jared even says they may not want the county to know this). Single family homes cannot be set up with a kitchen as it is a 2 family dwelling then, probably not allowed in that development. Good Christians to be so sneaky and deceitful.
Not very sneaky and deceitful when they tell everybody on YouTube though. Goes to show you how dumb they really are. If I'm understanding right, there are 2 bedrooms on the main level, 4 bedrooms on the second floor and possibly another bedroom for the in-laws off the garage? All this and they still have a craft room and a huge play area? Yikes
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Todays drama »

gopedjane wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:19 am I saw the plans and immediately thought oh they are separating and this is Jared's home but it could have been a grandparents suite.

I can't help but watch how happy and NOT ILL Ellie is through this process and help but think that this is a train wreck. Jared is a moron if he is banking on making a lot of money to support this lavish lifestyle freelancing.
Wow, just finished watching the House Plans video. I guess they were making more from YouTube than I thought. Yes, they were pulling in viewers big time for a while. But I was under the impression that building the Ice Palace, all the backyard boulders, helping Jareds parents, the Tesla, vacations, Bollie and the useless property, etc. that a good portion of the money would be gone. So buying property and making plans for a $900,000 home, why is Jared not going through with a hip replacement? Surely they have money to burn. I would think this would be on top of the list to be taken care of since Jared is in his early 30's and in bad pain. Since Ellie is talking future family, you know she'll be pregnant before that house is finished, Jared is going to have to work multiple Consultant jobs to support all the extras Ellie will be wanting. Gotta be bigger and better than the Jones in that Exclusive Neighborhood.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie & Jared: Righteous Ellie wants designer baby! | Part #126

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I guess I’m alone but I don’t think they have money to burn just because they are building a crazy house. I think they are in denial about their current situation and just still trying to keep up with the Joneses like C&K.

Even if they had a million in the bank, spending $900k is a bad investment. Their higher earning years are now behind them, their income is uncertain and they are going to need to adjust to a normal lifestyle. Even with a paid off house (which I don’t think this will be, I think they’ll have at least a $600k mortgage on it), then they will still have a lot of the upkeep costs on a giant home, and higher than average property taxes. This won’t save a lot of room for retirement savings. Fast forward 20 years and Jared and Ellie will be downgrading their home like Jared’s parents did.

Just because you can get the credit for something, it doesn’t mean you can afford it. People like Ellie spend themselves into poverty to keep up with the Joneses because it works. People see ridiculous spending and assume you have money to burn. In all actuality it’s usually people with money to burn that are actually frugal and more wise with their money. Never judge someone off what you see them buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 am I guess I’m alone but o don’t think they have money to burn just because they are building a crazy house. I think they are in denial about their current situation and just still trying to keep up with the Joneses like C&K.
I don't think you're alone with the idea they don't have money to burn and are in denial. I feel like they've gone off the deep end based off of their present businesses situations (Bollie, YouTube, not for sure consulting job. :|
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Building a new house brings in tons of views on YouTube. Maybe they're counting on that to help with the expenses and free/discounted stuff in exchange for advertising. Ever notice how Ellie talks about her parents visiting but never says anything about Jared's parents? This happened the other day too. I know his mother was at the house babysitting but otherwise you don't hear or see them much. IDK, maybe that's how they like it. Glad Ellie isn't my daughter-in-law.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don’t know how much money the house build will bring in with how E&J did the last one. Their content got so boring they actually lost a lot of viewers. Ellie likes to show off her purchases, but not the process.

Plus Ellie says they are planning on putting two videos out a week. If YT was so lucrative for them, you would think they would be vlogging more instead of Jared going to awkward interviews.

The whole thing seems sudden and manic. Most people would rent for a bit and try it out. Or rent out their home in Logan for extra revenue. They needed to sell the house to be able to move. This house may be bigger and better, but it will also have a much bigger loan.

Ellie used to get annoyed that family events weren’t held at her house and that the grandparents would stay over at Bonnie’s instead of her place. I wonder if moving away is a weird attempt to be the sister with the lifestyle that stands out. She’s the one with the pool.

I also wonder if the kitchenette room is going to be a rental suite to supplement income. Ellie is going to hate that!

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

When they were at their peak if they were smart and were making money hand over fist they invested it. If they did they may have the income to build a new home. Especially if they had a small mortgage on the other home and got a substantial payout from it. We don’t know how they invested their money they’ve never really discussed it substantially and they were not obligated to do so. I doubt what I’m saying is the case, but we really can’t be certain one way or the other.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202007 ... aeb472.jpg[/IMG]

Neither of them look genuinely excited to me. Their eyes both look sad or worried.

Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I was being a little sarcastic by saying " They have money to burn". If they are putting most of the money from the sale of the Ice Palace down on the new home, how does the bank give them a loan for say $500,000? Banks require a job and a great work record to prove you are good to repay that loan. Unless Jared has been working a good job on the side, a podcast, IG Accounts, Twitter accounts and 1 or 2 youtube videos are not considered reliable income for that amount of loan. And we know they are paying rent for the time being. 5 years down the road, they will be in the same boat as Cullen and Katie, trying to explain why they want to move without embarrassing themselves.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

All I see is two perverts that pulled down baby Lincoln's diaper to rub on Jared's closely shaven face.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

If they can purchase this lot and home, just think what they must be tithing to the church. :?
Last edited by YTIG60 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

PirateWench8 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:43 am When they were at their peak if they were smart and were making money hand over fist they invested it. If they did they may have the income to build a new home. Especially if they had a small mortgage on the other home and got a substantial payout from it. We don’t know how they invested their money they’ve never really discussed it substantially and they were not obligated to do so. I doubt what I’m saying is the case, but we really can’t be certain one way or the other.

I agree
mollybaby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mollybaby »

Ellie seems to be fixated on her childhood experiences and making sure to recreate them for her own children because as we know, Ellie is all about herself. She’s repeating everything she did last time they built their home. Even when she talks about how she remembers being with her mom when she built her house and bringing the builders donuts. Didn’t she tell this exact story last time they were building? Their kids will never get to experience their own childhood or anything new because Ellie is always trying to relive her own.

I also don’t think they can afford to build this house. Jared will go to great lengths to please Ellie no matter what the cost is. If he doesn’t, she acts like she’s sick and helpless but when he gives in, she’s energetic and happy. What happened to her need for afternoon naps and her eyes being so tired and painful? The headaches? Did her anxiety disappear? When Ellie gets what she wants, all of her “aches and pains” magically vanish. I guess the cure for anxiety and migraines is to build a house. Who knew?!

I bet when Ellie brought up the initial idea of moving, Jared expressed his concerns regarding money, being away from family, etc. and Ellie probably hit back with “what would you do if you weren’t afraid?” and convinced him to leave everything behind. Being afraid and being realistic are NOT the same thing. She knows how to play Jared very well. I also think she probably agreed to vlog again and it was most likely Jared’s one stipulation.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIG60 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 am I guess I’m alone but o don’t think they have money to burn just because they are building a crazy house. I think they are in denial about their current situation and just still trying to keep up with the Joneses like C&K.
I don't think you're alone with the idea they don't have money to burn and are in denial. I feel like they've gone off the deep end based off of their present businesses situations (Bollie, YouTube, not for sure consulting job. :|
You're definitely not alone. I think it's a matter of what Ellie wants, Ellie gets. If Jared is in pain, who cares? Ellie needs a $900K house with a pool. He's going to work himself into an early grave. Hope he has lots of life insurance. Because not every guy with the money to support Ellie in the style to which she wants to be accustomed is going to want to marry a mid 30's overgrown princess with (probably) 4 kids. People keep saying she would remarry-- but that's assuming that eligible guys would want her over a younger childless trophy wife. Eating disorders (assuming, not diagnosing)and back to back pregnancies are aging her. It's messed up, but it's true.
And air conditioning that behemoth is going to be way expensive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"Their kids will never get to experience their own childhood or anything new because Ellie is always trying to relive her own."
She does it with her childhood toys too! Remember she had those toys that St. Jennifer had put away for her, and she "gave" them to Jackson (meaning she let him play with them)? Her favorite was a little toy cash register with a toy credit card processor (which I find very telling) and Jackson really liked a little toy gun. And Ellie was actually annoyed that he wasn't as enamored of the toy cash register.
Her sisters are obsessed with their childhoods as well. They seem determined to make sure everyone believes it was perfect, even though their behavior and treatment of their own children makes it quite apparent that dysfunction was rampant.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sorry-- another post. Notice that they say it's a house plan "we are looking at"
Doesn't mean it's the one they are going to get.
On another note, if Jared is in so much pain, why does he keep doing idiotic things like piggybacking Ellie and dipping her just for Instagram posts?
And these children do not look happy. Jackson looks over it ALL, Calvin is making a face, and Tommy doesn't look as though he is enjoying the affection from Ellie. Maybe her legendary bad breath is bothering him? ImageImage

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I loved 'ice palace'. What are we going to name this new place?
AuntieAgape
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AuntieAgape »

Kylielou wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:53 pm
Again, how do you do that?? I’m not particularly bothered about where the Mechams live; I have no idea where their ‘old’ house is beyond Utah, but I’ve been bedbound by illness for a few days and I’m bored...I wouldn’t even know where to start a search.

I feel so old :(
[/quote]

Try googling the county you are looking for (or the city) and "parcel map" in your google search. Many counties have searchable, interactive parcel maps that hold public record info. Its really helpful when you are looking for land or properties to buy because if you see a building lot you like you can pull up the public record and see who owns it. Its GIS based so there are often layers that you can pull up that show floodplains, contours and things like that. Every county's parcel map is done differently so it can take some time play on it and figure it out and do searches on it. You can often pull up a plat that is associated with the property and see what easements are on the property. Its oddly specific. For example, I can pull up my parents parcel of land and see what they paid on property taxes for the past several years. I use it most when I'm looking at buying land or a property and it can answer questions if I don't want to bother my realtor about it. For example a few years ago we found a for sale by owner building lot we liked but hadn't contacted a realtor about it and we were considering making an offer without a realtor. I was able to pull up several years of taxes on it going back to the year they purchased it. It gave me a close ballpark of what they likely paid for the parcel. Its not as easy to do that once a house is on it because tax valuations are often lower than fair market value. I use it mostly for work purposes. But its kind of fun to use and see who owns what around your neighborhood.
[/quote]

Thank you! The system is completely different here in the UK, I had never heard the term ‘parcel map’ before, so this is educational information.

We can look on sites like Zillow to see a house’s sale and purchase history but we don’t have anything like your white pages here, at least, not for free. And there are no names attached to any of it, just years of sale/purchase and the purchase price at that time. It seems that there’s a lot more information available on the internet about pretty much everything in America than there is here. Can you opt out of the white pages stuff for privacy purposes?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”