Bonnie Hoellein: Do As I Say, Not As I Vlog | Part 61

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Do As I Say, Not As I Vlog | Part 61

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ohnonotme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Bryan Lanning CAN cook decent meals. He doesn’t all the time, and people like to hate on him, but he does actually know how to grill a well balanced meal.

His wife can bake cookies Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know who they are through E&J’s vlogs, but I don’t watch them. Think I tried once a long time ago, but didn’t grab me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh they are LONG past being interesting.

They are the ones who basically handed E&J their initial audience. If you want to see another perfect example of how YT changes people, watch one of their oldest vlogs (2011/2012) and then watch a more recent one.

The change is insane.

Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Bryan Lanning CAN cook decent meals. He doesn’t all the time, and people like to hate on him, but he does actually know how to grill a well balanced meal.

I know who they are through E&J’s vlogs, but I don’t watch them. Think I tried once a long time ago, but didn’t grab me.

They are the ones who basically handed E&J their initial audience. If you want to see another perfect example of how YT changes people, watch one of their oldest vlogs (2011/2012) and then watch a more recent one.

The change is insane.

So many of these YouTubers remind me of a line from Joe Walsh’s song, “Life’s Been Good” -

“It’s hard to handle this fortune and fame.
Everybody’s so different, I haven’t changed.”

Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote:

The change is insane.

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ohnonotme wrote:

The change is insane.

So many of these YouTubers remind me of a line from Joe Walsh’s song, “Life’s Been Good” -

“It’s hard to handle this fortune and fame.
Everybody’s so different, I haven’t changed.”

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bryan used to do most of the cooking, back when they lived in the rental when their heads were just starting to swell. He would grill, and do vlogs about meals he was making, and Missy would turn her nose up at any vegetable except green beans or corn (both slathered in butter). He even made chicken gnocchi soup because Missy liked it at Olive Garden. She called it chicken "no key" soup. And when they had Chris Ballinger over for dinner one night, he adapted it to be vegetarian.
The entire Griffiths family owe their YT $$ to Bryan. He took Jared under his wing and gave him all kinds of tips. Cullen and Katie too, as I recall.
It's insane how the money and the sycophants change these people. You have to be self absorbed to begin with to believe that people are going to be interested in watching you walking around narrating your life. And as they get more subscribers, and money starts rolling in, and people start defending them from "haters", they start to believe they really are as wonderful as their most rabid fans swear they are. They delete even constructive criticism because they say they want to "spread positivity" (Bryan actually said that), but it's perfectly okay for their defenders to tell people that they should just die, or call them horrible names (I was actually called a dried up c*nt by some vlogger's crazed fan).
Bonnie used to be enjoyable to watch. I even liked her, and I loathe most family vloggers. Joel was hard-working and decent, and helped out neighbors and his parents and their ward. It's been really sad to see them change the way they have.
Sorry for the novel.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the US!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

If Olivia was exposed to covid and is supposed to quarantine, how are the other kids allowed to go to school? Maybe if Olivia was isolating from the rest of the family, but she's not and she isn't even wearing a mask. I guess this is why Utah's numbers are so high.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

YTIG60 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:52 pm
Ohnonotme wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:51 pm Again, not to make the quote tree stupidly long. The fact that she made that awful meal doesn’t mean we are exonerating Joel from cooking. It’s not his fault she chose to cook this, and I can’t see why because he didn’t cook dinner that night, it’s somehow his fault she made what she did. We aren’t the ones enforcing gender roles in their household. They are. I do most of the cooking in our household, but it doesn’t mean my husband is a sexist pig. He does so many other things that I don’t touch. Most couples fall into some sort of domestic routine, and they are no different. Apart from being far more lazier than most of us

I can’t remember anyone jumping up and down that Bonnie never pushed a lawnmower, or helped rake up leaves when Joel did lawn days. She doesn’t do anything too physical at the meth house either, so there is that.

It could be argued that the real money makers are the kids. God knows she’s not putting in any real hard work into her channel. And while I don’t want to dismiss any of the anxiety she’s feeling, she really does need a break from social media and get herself mentally healthy.

Lawnmowing and raking leaves are Joel's domain so not a great example. He lived one whole summer obsessed with redoing his lawn more than once. I get the kids are part of their channel, but we've focused on Joel's and Bonnie's work ethics and providing for the family.
Bonnie can't take a break from YouTube, Bollie, or brand deals since her husband Joel is no longer providing for the family. Joel, at one time, filmed more, but you barely see him pick up a camera anymore except for one recent trip. Joel started his own channel 8 months ago and to this day I don't believe he used his IG account to upload and he has made 35 vlogs.

To me, Bonnie has an unhealthy relationship with food and it is reflected in her meals. Name one vlogger that cooks decent meals. I can't think of one except for perhaps Julie.
April of April & Davey makes an effort to cook decent meals. And there always seems to be plenty of fresh fruit for the kids to snack on too.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 pm They delete even constructive criticism because they say they want to "spread positivity" (Bryan actually said that), but it's perfectly okay for their defenders to tell people that they should just die, or call them horrible names (I was actually called a dried up c*nt by some vlogger's crazed fan).
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You just refreshed my memory about the comment sections where viewers were brutal if you said anything negative about their beloved YouTuber. ;)

Does anyone think Bonnie going on about Joel working every day was a coincidence? I'm thinking this is the one and only flip project.
I think she's playing with us with the comment about Bri off this week and how she cleaned etc.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

They’ve spend almost an eye watering $5.5K on tap ware for the ensuite and kitchen sink. The rap for the bathtub is nearly half of the total. I guess over capatilising is something neither of them have ever-heard of.

And good for you Bonnie. Managing to do all the things on your own. What a trooper. It’s also telling that the kids didn’t think dad worked until he started this project. What a distorted view of life most YouTube kids will grow up with.

Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

sparkle lemon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:06 pm Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links!
Bonnie Hoellein: Whining and crying 'cos my channel is dying
Bonnie Hoellein: Losing Bri is so hard for MEEEEEEEEE!
The "Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links!" is golden! It describes Bonnie to a T!
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

New thread ladies!! viewtopic.php?f=232&t=16530

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”