C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Whotiesyourshoes wrote:I’m sure I’ll ge a lot of hate from this. From specific people on here to be exact. Don’t get me wrong. I love c&k and watch th every day, but in my honest opinion, going back to when I first started watching them, my opinion is Cullen is lazy as hell and Katie is bored as hell. Their marriage is as good as done if they stay in this sane path. I called it before she was pregnant with Brooks and it’s proving true now. Cullen doesn’t want to work. He wants to lay around all day. That’s all he’s ever wanted to do. When he was let go from his job before Gaines, he saw that as an opportunity to not have to work. Once YouTube actually became work, he got bored with it and the content started going down. Katie is complete opposite. After the newborn phase wore off and she quit her job she got bored and depressed. It’s only got worse since brooks was born. She acts stuck. She’s not the type to lay at home all day. She needs to work out of the house. You can tell for awhile now the love is lost. They need to get back to their roots if they want to save their marriage. I wouldn’t be suprised if a lot of tension isn’t stemed from Katie wanting to go back to work but Cullen saying no because he doesn’t want the responsibility of brooks and Gaines

I agree with everything you said, apart from Katie wanting to work. I really think she would be happy if Cullen had a job outside the home, a standard 9-5. She wouldnt feel like she was doing everything, because she is working just as much as he is filming and replying to emails, he just edits. If Katie had the stay at home mom gig her sister has I think she would be happy.
I'm not sure. I think she _thinks_ she would be happy. But a lot of her issues would still be the same. I still think she's bored and not as happy as she thought she would be staying at home. But, like I said before, I could totally be projecting, because that is what happened to me. I wanted to stay home when we were in Washington, and I went cuckoo. Not literally cuckoo, but I was definitely bored and unhappy. So it's quite possible that I am projecting. I just think that if I had a doctorate, and my life was spent dealing with small children and a manchild, I would be crabby.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sarai wrote:Perhaps they should take couples therapy if there's no emotional connection in their marriage, as they said. Things must be pretty bad if they're willing to cut back on income (daily vlogs) to work on their marriage. This isn't the first time Katie has said Cullen only gives her affection on camera either. I hope things work out for them, I'd hate to see them end up like the Nulls or Butlers.
Exactly. Maybe couples counselling through their church isn't the best option. If it's group counselling I'm sure the other couples don't want to hear them monopolize the conversation with YT problems.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by freshbalsam »

madi_b_123 wrote:I know this is a gossip site and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I just feel like they can't win for losing. I am about to graduate with a degree in social work so maybe that skews my thinking, but everyone has struggles and it's OKAY to talk about them. It's actually healthy! You may be a single mom who has 10 kids and lives in public housing and works 2 jobs and you have struggles that should be validated. You may be a four person family with 2 working parents who live paycheck to paycheck and you have struggles that should be validated. You may be the queen of England but you have struggles that should be validated. It doesn't matter if someone chose the life they have or not, but we all react to situations differently. Saying that just because people have it worse means you shouldn't struggle is a dangerous way of thinking. With the prevalence of social media these days, everyone is comparing their lives to one another but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It's so important to understand that it's OK to talk about your emotions and your struggles because everyone (LITERALLY EVERYONE) deals with stuff that we don't know about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely! I don't think there's a problem with talking about it.. but maybe they shouldn't complain about their jobs to the people who are supporting their career. They can keep those conversations to their friends, family, and maybe their work friends. I see it like this: a teacher going to work and talking about how stressful their job is to their students, or a doctor working with a patient and complaining about his/her job, etc

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

I want to know why Katie is so insecure? Why is she questioning Cullen's intentions? Does anyone else find that completely odd?! I can't help but wonder if their was an incident of an emotional affair with Cullen or something like that? Why would Katie feel like Cullen doesn't really want to show her affection?

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I don't think they are complaining that their life is hard. I believe they are confused why they are finding life hard. I think they have so many balls in the air they have lost focus. I don't think Brooks is so much of a mess as they like to portray. He is a typical toddler. I do see Gaines, as cute as she is, being the difficult one. She demands constant attention. They have stopped with the arm touching when she has something to say. I wish they could step back and re-evaluate their lives. Figure out what their you tube, family, couple, and individual goals are. Once they do that then they have a focus, and everything else falls into place. Right now they seem to run in way too many directions and are chaotic which I don't think is Katie's personality.
I wish they would vlog retaking control of their lives. They are stuck in a rut and are complacent. I would almost say they are bored. They need to step up and make a change.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
Sarai wrote:Perhaps they should take couples therapy if there's no emotional connection in their marriage, as they said. Things must be pretty bad if they're willing to cut back on income (daily vlogs) to work on their marriage. This isn't the first time Katie has said Cullen only gives her affection on camera either. I hope things work out for them, I'd hate to see them end up like the Nulls or Butlers.
REAL couples therapy. Not some class through their church that just tells you to serve each other, and pray more. Katie's a psychologist, she should know the benefit of therapy.
maybe attending the classes at church have made them realize they should seek out one on one REAL therapy. Or at least i hope that it will.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

JVK19 wrote:I want to know why Katie is so insecure? Why is she questioning Cullen's intentions? Does anyone else find that completely odd?! I can't help but wonder if their was an incident of an emotional affair with Cullen or something like that? Why would Katie feel like Cullen doesn't really want to show her affection?

Self confidence issues can really put bad thoughts in your head and i think that may be part of it. I don't question weather they love one another, their relationship comes off as the most genuine of any of the vloggers i watch and Cullen has been vocal in the past about how he thinks cheaters are pretty scummy, so i don't think there is an issue like that. I have been married to my husband for nearly 15 years and there has never been any concern of affairs of any type between us, but i also struggle greatly with self confidence. There are days where i worry that i'm not good enough for him, or why would he ever want to be with me.. even though i know in my heart that he loves me unconditionally. So in my own head it's not odd to me at all bc i can understand those feelings of not being worthy or attractive enough for your spouse even after years of marriage. It's hard to not be comfortable in your own skin.
I don't think cullen shows her physical affection as often as she would like (and i don't mean sex, i mean hugs, kisses, hell..a slap on the ass lol) bc she has voiced that before, so this is an issue that has been going on for some time. I don't think that he means anything by it, or does it to make her feel insecure, I think they just have different love languages (as cliche as that is lol) and that he needs to work more on showing her physical affection bc she needs it. I don't think that he's not attracted too her, he has made comments to her in the recent past when she has brought up her body assuring her that he loves the way she looks...i just think that he doesn't realize that he's not showing her in the ways that mean the most to her. this is for sure something that therapy and counseling could help them with.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't think that Katie will be returning to work anytime soon (unless something happens and she has no choice..) she and cullen both seemed quite adamant that she didn't have any desire to be back in her old job.
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Whotiesyourshoes wrote:I’m sure I’ll ge a lot of hate from this. From specific people on here to be exact. Don’t get me wrong. I love c&k and watch th every day, but in my honest opinion, going back to when I first started watching them, my opinion is Cullen is lazy as hell and Katie is bored as hell. Their marriage is as good as done if they stay in this sane path. I called it before she was pregnant with Brooks and it’s proving true now. Cullen doesn’t want to work. He wants to lay around all day. That’s all he’s ever wanted to do. When he was let go from his job before Gaines, he saw that as an opportunity to not have to work. Once YouTube actually became work, he got bored with it and the content started going down. Katie is complete opposite. After the newborn phase wore off and she quit her job she got bored and depressed. It’s only got worse since brooks was born. She acts stuck. She’s not the type to lay at home all day. She needs to work out of the house. You can tell for awhile now the love is lost. They need to get back to their roots if they want to save their marriage. I wouldn’t be suprised if a lot of tension isn’t stemed from Katie wanting to go back to work but Cullen saying no because he doesn’t want the responsibility of brooks and Gaines

I agree with everything you said, apart from Katie wanting to work. I really think she would be happy if Cullen had a job outside the home, a standard 9-5. She wouldnt feel like she was doing everything, because she is working just as much as he is filming and replying to emails, he just edits. If Katie had the stay at home mom gig her sister has I think she would be happy.
I'm not sure. I think she _thinks_ she would be happy. But a lot of her issues would still be the same. I still think she's bored and not as happy as she thought she would be staying at home. But, like I said before, I could totally be projecting, because that is what happened to me. I wanted to stay home when we were in Washington, and I went cuckoo. Not literally cuckoo, but I was definitely bored and unhappy. So it's quite possible that I am projecting. I just think that if I had a doctorate, and my life was spent dealing with small children and a manchild, I would be crabby.

That’s what I was getting at. I was recently off work for six months due to a car accident. While it was great in the beginning that I didn’t have to get up and be anywhere besides getting my daughter off to school halfway through I got very bored and depressed. I think this is where Katie is at now. She has no place to outsource. Going back to the earlier vlogs before Gaines and right after she was born, Katie seem to thrive off of structure. Cullen has always been aloof and lacked any motivation career wise I personally just don’t see Katie being happy being a stay at home mom. It may be a bit of a stretch but I think why she is struggling so much with Brooks right now is because she feels she is stuck
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen can say he thinks cheaters are scummy, but he's been suggestive while "joking around" with Ellie. That has to be embarrassing to Katie and isn't exactly respectful, even if she pretends it's funny.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Playsinrain wrote:
JVK19 wrote:I want to know why Katie is so insecure? Why is she questioning Cullen's intentions? Does anyone else find that completely odd?! I can't help but wonder if their was an incident of an emotional affair with Cullen or something like that? Why would Katie feel like Cullen doesn't really want to show her affection?

Self confidence issues can really put bad thoughts in your head and i think that may be part of it. I don't question weather they love one another, their relationship comes off as the most genuine of any of the vloggers i watch and Cullen has been vocal in the past about how he thinks cheaters are pretty scummy, so i don't think there is an issue like that. I have been married to my husband for nearly 15 years and there has never been any concern of affairs of any type between us, but i also struggle greatly with self confidence. There are days where i worry that i'm not good enough for him, or why would he ever want to be with me.. even though i know in my heart that he loves me unconditionally. So in my own head it's not odd to me at all bc i can understand those feelings of not being worthy or attractive enough for your spouse even after years of marriage. It's hard to not be comfortable in your own skin.
I don't think cullen shows her physical affection as often as she would like (and i don't mean sex, i mean hugs, kisses, hell..a slap on the ass lol) bc she has voiced that before, so this is an issue that has been going on for some time. I don't think that he means anything by it, or does it to make her feel insecure, I think they just have different love languages (as cliche as that is lol) and that he needs to work more on showing her physical affection bc she needs it. I don't think that he's not attracted too her, he has made comments to her in the recent past when she has brought up her body assuring her that he loves the way she looks...i just think that he doesn't realize that he's not showing her in the ways that mean the most to her. this is for sure something that therapy and counseling could help them with.

So true, I remember her being insecure even before being pregnant with Gaines. She was an average weight and she was still always making comments about not wanting to try on clothes and not liking where she was at with her weight. So, I am sure now it is really hard for her.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Cullen can say he thinks cheaters are scummy, but he's been suggestive while "joking around" with Ellie. That has to be embarrassing to Katie and isn't exactly respectful, even if she pretends it's funny.
Katie throws it right back at him with Jared though.. I highly HIGHLY doubt Cullen has the hots for Ellie, as much as Ellie wishes (and thinks, bc we all know Ellie thinks Ellie is the best thing ever). I think it's just a long running joke. I remember not too long ago Katie got a text while they were vlogging and she was like "Oh that's just Jared.." and Cullen asked her what it was about and she was just like"i can't really discuss that with you.." or something suggesting it was a more than just friendly text convo. They both laughed about it. I'm sure she was just kidding, but she does throw it back at him.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FitMom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

So true, I remember her being insecure even before being pregnant with Gaines. She was an average weight and she was still always making comments about not wanting to try on clothes and not liking where she was at with her weight. So, I am sure now it is really hard for her.
I see a lot of myself in Katie in those regards, I have always related to her in that sense and got the impression she has never been very confidant. I don't think i will ever have great self esteem not matter what my size was or how good anyone else told me i looked.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

You can tell how unhappy Katie is. I think they should go in an entirely different direction and take their channel to the health and fitness journey. They both need to get healthy again and what a great journey to follow as they include their whole family in the process. From cooking healthy, activities to promote health, maybe a spa vacation with just C&K. The older adults are all about health and fitness and there is a huge 30-40 crowd that they could capture too. Anyways C&K if you are reading it is just an idea. Either way they need to put their marriage and family first or they are going to end up divorced. Wishing them all the luck in the world.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Cullen can say he thinks cheaters are scummy, but he's been suggestive while "joking around" with Ellie. That has to be embarrassing to Katie and isn't exactly respectful, even if she pretends it's funny.
Katie throws it right back at him with Jared though.. I highly HIGHLY doubt Cullen has the hots for Ellie, as much as Ellie wishes (and thinks, bc we all know Ellie thinks Ellie is the best thing ever). I think it's just a long running joke. I remember not too long ago Katie got a text while they were vlogging and she was like "Oh that's just Jared.." and Cullen asked her what it was about and she was just like"i can't really discuss that with you.." or something suggesting it was a more than just friendly text convo. They both laughed about it. I'm sure she was just kidding, but she does throw it back at him.
I don't know. If Katie is at all insecure, then I can think of one IG story in particular that could have hurt. He and Ellie were alone Kate at night during one vacay and she's dancing in front of the fire while he films. It felt more than just funny.

I used to really love Cullen too, ans would often defend him, but he has been very "off" lately. I don't think we can say doe certain he'd never cheat anymore. I bet if asked Shay and Austin hated cheaters too. It's not something a married man is going to admittedly be in favour of.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I've LONG thought Cullen would be the next YT husband/father to be outed for having an affair. It's obvious he's no long into Katie and he's extremely flirtatious with other women. There is definitely something up between them. I honestly thought this vlog was their announcement of a separation.

Did today's vlog HAVE to be almost 20 minutes of complaining and not really explaining what's really going on?? They could have summed that all up in less than 5!!!

Sorry, another thing that bugged me is that vloggers ALL say "you only see 10 minutes of our day," so why are they complaining they are a slave to pulling out the camera?? They obvious don't really film all day!!

I don't even watch them anymore, so they can take weeks (or forever) off for all I care. I find Cullen to be a CHILD and NOT FUNNY and completely LAZY. They were much more interesting when they were BOTH working.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

It's funny how different some of us took the video. I took it as they are just in a rougher patch in their life and trying to figure things out and vlogging is one of them. I took Katie's comments about complaining as someone is always going to have it worse than you and they are appreciative of their life. I hope they look at things and realize they don't have to do every trip or fly across country for a dumb ass Lanninng pool party or go to every convention. I also think what she was saying about the hug (as someone mentioned it) was that she was wondering if he was hugging her just to vlog it. I know I have had these patches with my husband and we've been married longer than they have. I think their class is a married couple's bible study and it's maybe opening their eyes to how they want to change things for the better. I think that's awesome and they work on it.

Like a few others have said, I have found it very ironic how people find it acceptable for them to complain about their struggles and others can't complain about theirs. I think a lot of people think Katie thinks she's entitled to a certain lifestyle just because of how she grew up. I see no indication in that at all. I have always thought she was very down to Earth. It's funny the assumptions people come up with.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I can see why Katie would feel insecure. She's got a lot to live up to, her mom is a very classy lady, her sister is seeming to follow in that footstep. And nobody wants to be that sister who is frumpy, married to a man child and living in a starter home.

And I am in no way saying IF Cullen is cheating or anything of that sort that it's ok but Katie doesn't look the same as she did when they got married. And I know, people change, looks shouldn't matter when you're married, but all I'm saying is if she's already feeling uncomfortable with her weight then I am SURE she wonders what Cullen thinks. It doesn't matter how much he tells her he's into her or how physical he is with her, there is definitely a part of her wondering if he still thinks she is as hot as when they got married because I can promise you she doesn't feel that hot. Add to that Cullen's obvious appreciation for smaller body types and "friendly" flirting no wonder she is feeling like he doesn't want her. And that's all without him having actually cheated or having a porn addiction.

I still want to know what happened the other day. They didn't not have a vlog because of stress. Something specific happened.
daffodilz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daffodilz »

I appreciate that they made an effort to address why they didn't post a vlog Wednesday, but Katie was on the verge of being condescending, which made it hard for me to watch. The bottom line for me is this....they are not happy and until they work out their marriage and find happiness again, their channel will continue to lose views.

They need to take a few weeks off or longer if needed and concentrate on their marriage first and foremost....clear their heads, decide a new direction their channel needs to take or if it's even worth it. If so, come up with a new game plan; perhaps ask for feedback. I'm grasping here, I know...lol. It's just that they have been around for a long time and I want them to succeed.
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I can see why Katie would feel insecure. She's got a lot to live up to, her mom is a very classy lady, her sister is seeming to follow in that footstep. And nobody wants to be that sister who is frumpy, married to a man child and living in a starter home.

And I am in no way saying IF Cullen is cheating or anything of that sort that it's ok but Katie doesn't look the same as she did when they got married. And I know, people change, looks shouldn't matter when you're married, but all I'm saying is if she's already feeling uncomfortable with her weight then I am SURE she wonders what Cullen thinks. It doesn't matter how much he tells her he's into her or how physical he is with her, there is definitely a part of her wondering if he still thinks she is as hot as when they got married because I can promise you she doesn't feel that hot. Add to that Cullen's obvious appreciation for smaller body types and "friendly" flirting no wonder she is feeling like he doesn't want her. And that's all without him having actually cheated or having a porn addiction.

I still want to know what happened the other day. They didn't not have a vlog because of stress. Something specific happened.
I agree with you that I think there was a specific reason why they didn’t blog Wednesday. It wasn’t just because they had nothing to say. Something happened. We will probably never know what though

Return to “Cullen and Katie”