Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Par

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:Cullen was pretty frank and open about his struggles and Britney kinda skated around her issues a lot, and gave Cullen space to talk. I want to hear Britney open up like Cullen has.........
Sorry, I can’t say Cullen “opened up” until he actually does so on Twitter and in the vlogs. Remember when he “opened up” about their marriage struggles and his unhappiness and Katie basically buried that info right away? He opened up on a podcast that very few of his followers listen to. It doesn’t seem genuine.

Also, I’m glad he’s supposedly gotten help, but I’m still going to side eye all that drinking happening around the kids every night. Katie also cant be all that anti drugs if Cullen has a history of experimenting. She picked him knowing he was a party boy. She was probably a party girl too. This isn’t far in the past, he’s talking like it was very much post-kids. I definitely have an opinion on that. At any point Katie could have protected her kids and refined to work. They allowed the vlogs to suffer, and have now landed themselves in a position with a ton of debt, and a channel that is dying. Katie cleaning up get closet better be a metaphor for her cleaning up her life. It was definitely a mess. Those poor kids didn’t ask to be brought into that stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Cullen was pretty frank and open about his struggles and Britney kinda skated around her issues a lot, and gave Cullen space to talk. I want to hear Britney open up like Cullen has.........
Sorry, I can’t say Cullen “opened up” until he actually does so on Twitter and in the vlogs. Remember when he “opened up” about their marriage struggles and his unhappiness and Katie basically buried that info right away? He opened up on a podcast that very few of his followers listen to. It doesn’t seem genuine.

Also, I’m glad he’s supposedly gotten help, but I’m still going to side eye all that drinking happening around the kids every night. Katie also cant be all that anti drugs if Cullen has a history of experimenting. She picked him knowing he was a party boy. She was probably a party girl too. This isn’t far in the past, he’s talking like it was very much post-kids. I definitely have an opinion on that. At any point Katie could have protected her kids and refined to work. They allowed the vlogs to suffer, and have now landed themselves in a position with a ton of debt, and a channel that is dying. Katie cleaning up get closet better be a metaphor for her cleaning up her life. It was definitely a mess. Those poor kids didn’t ask to be brought into that stress.

He did open up on twitter, people just didn't think he was being legit. He talks at length during the podcast that he's not sure how much he should talk about on the vlogs bc they have put this image out there and that he feels the need to keep it up. He knows that seems disingenuous but he also talks about how the podcasts have a much more adult following than the vlogs and that these discussions might be better suited for DTM listeners. Which i get that. Nothing wrong with wanting to discuss certain things with an adult audience.

I don't ever want anyone to think that i thought it was ok that they were drinking so much around the kids. That was never my intent. I was just trying to give a synopsis of the podcast here for those who didn't want to watch. I completely agree that they don't deserve that at all. ON the topic of katie and the drug use, she almost left him bc of it more than once, and he went to great lengths to hide it from her. He states that if it wasn't for her being so anti drugs he would have been in a much much worse place than he is now, and that she "saved his life" bc he ultimately chose her over the drugs. He says many many times that she drank like a fish just like him, but was never one to do drugs of any sort.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Thank you Playsinrain for the summary of the podcast!
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Thank you Playsinrain for the summary of the podcast!
You're welcome!! This will only be about the 2nd one i've ever listened too, but when i saw the topic i knew i wanted the tea.. lol!! It was an hour long and i know some don't have or want to take the time to listen too it, but also want to know what was said. The first, well almost half of it was uneventful and i'm slowwwwwwwww at work today so it was a time killer for me as well. lol! (and i did leave some things out, and just summarized the parts i thought were the most interesting. Britney is pro-weed and living in a legal state really opened her eyes to how it can be used medicinally... they talk a lot about smoking weed and how he used to have to shower after he smoked to hide it from Katie. A lot of talk about how addiction has been a long standing problem in their family. His dad was an alcoholic, and was so addicted to cigarettes that he was still smoking after his cancer diagnosis...)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Don't Tell Mom is worth the listen (so far anyway) The "good" part doesn't start till about 23ish mins in (unless you want to hear baby room planning talk from Brit.) I'm at 35 mins in and Cullen has flat out admitted he is an addict, he and Katie both actually. The tweet wasn't about something silly, he was being legit. Say's he and Katie were heavy drinkers in college (not a surprise) and he was smoking pot on the regular (although it sounds like Katie is NOT ok with the weed smoking, hasn't come out yet, if he currently partakes) Also he has said that he and Katie both were recently drinking pretty heavily every night. Started out with a glass of wine before bed, then it turned into 2 then a few mixed drinks, up until a point where his mom came in one night and he had a 32 oz mixed drink he was drinking. Say's they haven't stopped drinking completely, but they only drink on the weekends and not nearly as much as they used too. Said it was the best thing that has ever happened to their marriage. He also says his dad was an alcoholic as was his grandfather. Berry has always tired to keep his drinking in check bc she worries about alcoholism in his family. He stated too that it "wasn't just drinking" but hasn't elaborated on that yet.
Britney also admitted to being an addict and being in NA and AA for years, but she hasn't admitted the prison stint.. yet anyway. Cullen is still sharing his end of it.. i'll post more as i listen.
Defensiveness doesn’t go along with accountability and acceptance. He was definitely defensive in that Tweet.

Sorry, I’m not buying it. I think he’s saying he’s better for the viewers and his mom who are putting pressure on him. He doesn’t seem better.

I’ve watched Katie’s vlogs and IG lives. The whole life change screams fake and temporary.

he talks about that tweet on the podcast as well and admits that it put him in defensive mode. But in all honesty i think i would have responded the same way. He was being legit when he said he was an addict and admission is the first step.

He never says he's better, and says that he is struggling and that seeing how much Katie was getting out of her lifestyle changes really put things in perspective and makes him want to change for the better.

If in a few weeks Katie is back to her old ways and Cullen has completely shut down the addiction talk and we can tell he's still drinking heavily on a regular basis, then yeah, I'll call it fake. But i don't have it in me to give someone hell for wanting to make life changes and starting somewhere. We have wanted them to try things like this for years, but then when they start and seem to be enjoying it, people say it's fake and all for views. Katie looks great and her lifestyle changes are really showing in a positive way. I don't think you can fake that.

I just feel like anyone who steps up and admits they have a problem and want help should be given credit. If he is really serious about it, well time will tell.. but i have to give him props for taking the first step.
If you're really ready for help, someone saying that they have seen your addiction playing out in your life doesn't really put you on the defensive like that.
Maybe he's coming around slowly-- I would like to give him credit for that. But from my own experiences, and those of my friends, when you say you're an addict and someone else says that they could tell because they could see it, you don't generally come back with "what do you think you know?" It's hard to explain if you haven't been there. But genuine acceptance means acceptance that other people have seen your behavior for what it was. Especially when there's video evidence of you being wasted on a regular basis.
Edited to add: he was sortof "open" on Twitter. He made one tweet and then got all defensive when someone said they could tell. That's not "being open" to me. Elaborating a little and saying that he was serious and serious about getting help would qualify as "being open" to me.
And "looking at different meetings" isn't the same as getting help. You start going. You keep going until you find one where you're comfortable. And you stop drinking. Completely.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
You're welcome!! This will only be about the 2nd one i've ever listened too, but when i saw the topic i knew i wanted the tea.. lol!! It was an hour long and i know some don't have or want to take the time to listen too it, but also want to know what was said. The first, well almost half of it was uneventful and i'm slowwwwwwwww at work today so it was a time killer for me as well. lol! (and i did leave some things out, and just summarized the parts i thought were the most interesting. Britney is pro-weed and living in a legal state really opened her eyes to how it can be used medicinally... they talk a lot about smoking weed and how he used to have to shower after he smoked to hide it from Katie. A lot of talk about how addiction has been a long standing problem in their family. His dad was an alcoholic, and was so addicted to cigarettes that he was still smoking after his cancer diagnosis...)
I doubt the shower really hid it from her. We saw the bloodshot eyes and “high” behaviour. She had to have seen it too.

With all these secrets, I’m starting to think more and more that he could easily cheat on Katie. He doesn’t seem in control of his life and choices.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Defensiveness doesn’t go along with accountability and acceptance. He was definitely defensive in that Tweet.

Sorry, I’m not buying it. I think he’s saying he’s better for the viewers and his mom who are putting pressure on him. He doesn’t seem better.

I’ve watched Katie’s vlogs and IG lives. The whole life change screams fake and temporary.

he talks about that tweet on the podcast as well and admits that it put him in defensive mode. But in all honesty i think i would have responded the same way. He was being legit when he said he was an addict and admission is the first step.

He never says he's better, and says that he is struggling and that seeing how much Katie was getting out of her lifestyle changes really put things in perspective and makes him want to change for the better.

If in a few weeks Katie is back to her old ways and Cullen has completely shut down the addiction talk and we can tell he's still drinking heavily on a regular basis, then yeah, I'll call it fake. But i don't have it in me to give someone hell for wanting to make life changes and starting somewhere. We have wanted them to try things like this for years, but then when they start and seem to be enjoying it, people say it's fake and all for views. Katie looks great and her lifestyle changes are really showing in a positive way. I don't think you can fake that.

I just feel like anyone who steps up and admits they have a problem and want help should be given credit. If he is really serious about it, well time will tell.. but i have to give him props for taking the first step.
If you're really ready for help, someone saying that they have seen your addiction playing out in your life doesn't really put you on the defensive like that.
Maybe he's coming around slowly-- I would like to give him credit for that. But from my own experiences, and those of my friends, when you say you're an addict and someone else says that they could tell because they could see it, you don't generally come back with "what do you think you know?" It's hard to explain if you haven't been there. But genuine acceptance means acceptance that other people have seen your behavior for what it was. Especially when there's video evidence of you being wasted on a regular basis.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I agree with that as well. I don't think he knows what REAL acceptance is, and admits that he hasn't been to a meeting or anything yet, but that he is looking at different programs in his area. Maybe in his mind just putting it out there in the public eye is acceptance, but is still defensive bc he hasn't gotten to that point yet. My hope for him is that he REALLY gets in a program. Katie as well. I can understand "shopping around" to find what is the best fit for you when it comes to those things, but i hope he doesn't use that as an excuse as to why he isn't in a program in the coming future. At least he has this out there, that he is admitting he has a problem and that he wants help, and someone can use it to hold him accountable.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
I doubt the shower really hid it from her. We saw the bloodshot eyes and “high” behaviour. She had to have seen it too. Also i can't tell if the pot smoking stories were all from college days or if he was admitting using in the recent past. He kept saying things that made it sound like his current issues were alcohol and other "substances", but he never flat out admitted to smoking recently. He openly admitted to it in his younger years and talked about smoking at length, so i don't think he was really embarrassed by it. He never mentioned what other drugs he was on, but you could for sure tell that he and Britney both were dabbling in something harder than booze and weed when they were younger. She even said something to the effect of the drugs taking control of her life more than Cullen and that he was "lucky". We know she was messing around with meth and whatnot, so i assume that's what he was dabbling in as well.

With all these secrets, I’m starting to think more and more that he could easily cheat on Katie. He doesn’t seem in control of his life and choices.

Oh hell no it didn't hide it from her, and the way he talks, she called him out on it too.

I can't say he flat out wouldn't cheat on her, but he pretty much attributed their relationship as what kept him out of prison (or worse) with his sister. Not saying that would keep him from cheating, but he seems to be very thankful for katie keeping him on the straight and narrow. He's always been pretty vocal about not being ok with cheaters, and sure there is that whole "guilty dog barks first" scenario as well, but they do seem to have a genuine love for each other, even when things were really at a low point between them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ i messed that all up, ... wasn't supposed to post like that.. oops!! I'm gonna redo all that bc i accidentally put all that into your quote HS!! SORRY!!!!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: You're welcome!! This will only be about the 2nd one i've ever listened too, but when i saw the topic i knew i wanted the tea.. lol!! It was an hour long and i know some don't have or want to take the time to listen too it, but also want to know what was said. The first, well almost half of it was uneventful and i'm slowwwwwwwww at work today so it was a time killer for me as well. lol! (and i did leave some things out, and just summarized the parts i thought were the most interesting. Britney is pro-weed and living in a legal state really opened her eyes to how it can be used medicinally... they talk a lot about smoking weed and how he used to have to shower after he smoked to hide it from Katie. A lot of talk about how addiction has been a long standing problem in their family. His dad was an alcoholic, and was so addicted to cigarettes that he was still smoking after his cancer diagnosis...)
I doubt the shower really hid it from her. We saw the bloodshot eyes and “high” behaviour. She had to have seen it too.

Oh hell no it didn't hide it from her, and the way he talks, she called him out on it too.

I can't say he flat out wouldn't cheat on her, but he pretty much attributed their relationship as what kept him out of prison (or worse) with his sister. Not saying that would keep him from cheating, but he seems to be very thankful for katie keeping him on the straight and narrow. He's always been pretty vocal about not being ok with cheaters, and sure there is that whole "guilty dog barks first" scenario as well, but they do seem to have a genuine love for each other, even when things were really at a low point between them.
I meant to add this to my post but accidentally added to HS's post instead... let me try this again...
Also i can't tell if the pot smoking stories were all from college days or if he was admitting using in the recent past. He kept saying things that made it sound like his current issues were alcohol and other "substances", but he never flat out admitted to smoking recently. He openly admitted to it in his younger years and talked about smoking at length, so i don't think he was really embarrassed by it. He never mentioned what other drugs he was on, but you could for sure tell that he and Britney both were dabbling in something harder than booze and weed when they were younger. She even said something to the effect of the drugs taking control of her life more than Cullen and that he was "lucky". We know she was messing around with meth and whatnot, so i assume that's what he was dabbling in as well.
woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

I'm still listening to the podcast so bare with me . I think cullens current addiction is with pills along with alcohol. (No proof just an idea) it would be "easy" for him to hide from Katie. I think it has all come to a head again. It seems she gave him another choice. Her or his addiction. I hope everything goes well for him and he can get clean. As it goes for drinking with the kids at home. My mom has had a alcohol addiction as long as I can remember. When I was a child I never noticed. I had a very happy childhood and have not one complaint. So I HOPE it has not negatively effected Gaines and Brooks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

woahnow wrote:I'm still listening to the podcast so bare with me . I think cullens current addiction is with pills along with alcohol. (No proof just an idea) it would be "easy" for him to hide from Katie. I think it has all come to a head again. It seems she gave him another choice. Her or his addiction. I hope everything goes well for him and he can get clean. As it goes for drinking with the kids at home. My mom has had a alcohol addiction as long as I can remember. When I was a child I never noticed. I had a very happy childhood and have not one complaint. So I HOPE it has not negatively effected Gaines and Brooks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm thinking pills too.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I actually think that Katie's attempts to make changes are genuine. All of those self help books about living with an addict making sense now. I don't really understand her drinking with him if she knows if he is an addict. I do think she is using her life changes to her advantage to rebrand her channel, which is a good idea especially if they split. I feel like there is a lot of fighting in that house and I feel bad for the kids. I hope he gets help.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Katie’s IG..I don’t think Brooks and Gaines look anything like Bennett and Emily. Brooks looks like grandoc and Gaines looks like Cullen. Bennett and Emily look like Jay. What do you think? Am I crazy?
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Catface2 wrote:Katie’s IG..I don’t think Brooks and Gaines look anything like Bennett and Emily. Brooks looks like grandoc and Gaines looks like Cullen. Bennett and Emily look like Jay. What do you think? Am I crazy?
I agree, all three of the JK kids look more like Jay, Brooks & Gaines look nothing like them.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
darlingyep6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by darlingyep6 »

Catface2 wrote:Katie’s IG..I don’t think Brooks and Gaines look anything like Bennett and Emily. Brooks looks like grandoc and Gaines looks like Cullen. Bennett and Emily look like Jay. What do you think? Am I crazy?
Agree. Personally, I don’t think Brooks looks like Doc, maybe it’s the droopy eyes, but those 2 kids are allllll Cullen. JK Today kids are all Jay, the Walker sisters don’t have the strongest genes!

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I wonder if Katie knows that Cullen outed her on her drinking habits.

I, too, think her recent changes seem more genuine than anything she’s done in the past. She’s actually looking better than she has in a while. We will have to see how she keeps up with waking up and decluttering.

I thought it was gross and weird that she doesn’t wash her face or take her make up off before bed. I’m guilty every once and a while of not washing my face, but I definitely use a make up wipe if I don’t fully wash it. Doesn’t her pillow case get dirty? How does she sleep with a face full of makeup? I would think she’d break out a lot more .. genuinely wondering how that’s not something that doesn’t bother her lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

freshbalsam wrote:I wonder if Katie knows that Cullen outed her on her drinking habits.

I, too, think her recent changes seem more genuine than anything she’s done in the past. She’s actually looking better than she has in a while. We will have to see how she keeps up with waking up and decluttering.

I thought it was gross and weird that she doesn’t wash her face or take her make up off before bed. I’m guilty every once and a while of not washing my face, but I definitely use a make up wipe if I don’t fully wash it. Doesn’t her pillow case get dirty? How does she sleep with a face full of makeup? I would think she’d break out a lot more .. genuinely wondering how that’s not something that doesn’t bother her lol
Either her makeup is very smudge proof, or she also then gets up and washes her face/does her makeup right away. When she IGs in the morning she always has her makeup on. It looks too good to be from the night before, but who wants to wash their face in the morning and then re-apply makeup right away?

Is it possible it’s so she looks good all the time for Cullen?

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:I wonder if Katie knows that Cullen outed her on her drinking habits.

Either her makeup is very smudge proof, or she also then gets up and washes her face/does her makeup right away. When she IGs in the morning she always has her makeup on. It looks too good to be from the night before, but who wants to wash their face in the morning and then re-apply makeup right away?

Is it possible it’s so she looks good all the time for Cullen?

My uncle has never seen his wife without makeup. It’s crazy, but some women feel they have to always look good. Since we have seen Katie without make up I doubt this is the case. I feel it’s just laziness. She does look better these days.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by wishes »

Dang, everyone's liked post count has been reset. Lamesauce.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”