Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by Popcorn »

Completely unrelated to the topics of the day but oh my god, if I have to hear Corbin say to June ONE more time, "Are you so say-ad?" may-ad, day-ad, bay-ad, or any other variation, I'm going to be one of those "crazy comments" that get his panties in a bunch.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Popcorn wrote:Completely unrelated to the topics of the day but oh my god, if I have to hear Corbin say to June ONE more time, "Are you so say-ad?" may-ad, day-ad, bay-ad, or any other variation, I'm going to be one of those "crazy comments" that get his panties in a bunch.
"So say-ad-UH, may-ad-UH"

gag.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

They didn't get any family photos when that professional photog FLEW all the way to Portland to take pictures??? I wonder if this is actually a "work" photo shoot - for headshots, professional profile images, photos for marketing, etc. - and I wonder if they hired someone to take the photos. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been advised to do this to up their YT subs, views now that YT is obviously their career. I think Corbin actually quit his job because he's no longer listed on the church's current website as an employee.
pampam1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pampam1 »

I can't stand them going on and on and on about how much of a little wanderer June is, or how much she "loves adventure". She's a couple months old. She literally has no idea that she's going on an adventure. I wish they would just shut up about it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

pampam1 wrote:I can't stand them going on and on and on about how much of a little wanderer June is, or how much she "loves adventure". She's a couple months old. She literally has no idea that she's going on an adventure. I wish they would just shut up about it.
Me too. Makes me irrationally angry.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

pampam1 wrote:I can't stand them going on and on and on about how much of a little wanderer June is, or how much she "loves adventure". She's a couple months old. She literally has no idea that she's going on an adventure. I wish they would just shut up about it.
They also think she's the most unique and advanced baby ever. I get it, parents usually feel like their baby is the best thing in the world, but they think June is the only baby that does certain things, like waking up in a new place and being calm. Do they seriously think every other baby screams incessantly in that circumstance and special snowflake June is just so amazing!? It shows again how clueless and immature they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:They didn't get any family photos when that professional photog FLEW all the way to Portland to take pictures??? I wonder if this is actually a "work" photo shoot - for headshots, professional profile images, photos for marketing, etc.
They probably think it's normal to do this many photoshoots because the Lannings do 4+ per year.

I guess the newborn pics were mostly for them personally and these are more for channel promotion. It's not a bad idea, but they could have combined the two. June's looks are changing very quickly now, so the pictures are going to look very outdated in a few months.
pohtahtoh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pohtahtoh »

THANK YOU! This is driving me nuts.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:They didn't get any family photos when that professional photog FLEW all the way to Portland to take pictures??? I wonder if this is actually a "work" photo shoot - for headshots, professional profile images, photos for marketing, etc. - and I wonder if they hired someone to take the photos. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been advised to do this to up their YT subs, views now that YT is obviously their career. I think Corbin actually quit his job because he's no longer listed on the church's current website as an employee.
This prompted me to check the website again and you're right, he's no longer listed as the communications coordinator. I don't think he could handle YouTube, a newborn, babysitting Kelsey, and a part-time job. *Eyeroll*

I predicted that this would be the case after the baby was born. I thought for sure Kelsey wouldn't be able to handle being a full-time caregiver and would need a lot of hand holding and head pats.
Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

If the photoshoot was for channel promotion, I know it sounds silly that they didn't just have Crystal take some for that, but I used to work in a photography studio as a writer and if someone wanted to use photos for promotion instead of personal use, it would have been more expensive to get the permissions to use them without a logo on them. So that's a possibility with Crystal or whoever it was. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to take their own so they didn't have to deal with that stuff, it gets complicated.

EDIT Because I just watched June's 2 month update: Did you guys know that June is so amazing that strangers on the sidewalk "fall madly in love with her"?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Was that a 2-month update or a 2-year update?? June seems to be the most advanced 2-month-old EVER! Already standing and chatting??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Seriously, Kelsey, you don't need to do these boring Mommy Mondays - you sound stupid and you're grasping for things to say. Just stick with the vlogs.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Uhh anyone else seen a two month old shake their arms like she does around 2:10 I feel like that's a newborn thing!

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

webbygurl626 wrote:Uhh anyone else seen a two month old shake their arms like she does around 2:10 I feel like that's a newborn thing!

That's normal. They're still getting used to controlling their limbs.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:Uhh anyone else seen a two month old shake their arms like she does around 2:10 I feel like that's a newborn thing!

That's normal. They're still getting used to controlling their limbs.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
It's just weird how Kelsey grabbed her arms when she did that, and I've never seen a two month old still doing it, does it seem like she never gets tummy time we never see her exploring on her own on her tummy!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I like that they aren't scared to get her out of the house and are exposing her to a lot of different things, and experiences BUT... she still a lump of potatoes who can barely focus on something 2 feet in front of her. Just say she loves getting out of the house and is a good traveler, the whole She loves the zoo! she loves the forest! She's such an adventurer!! is so dumb sounding. Please keep taking her to do things, but don't act like shes going to go home and write her memoir about her trip to the zoo at 6 weeks weeks old! Annoying.
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

Well, her not minding car rides is pretty good. Lots of babies hate it. So I'll give them that one. But yeah, being content in your carseat does not an adventurer make.

I had to laugh at Kelsey seeming so excited about all of June's little normal milestones at 2 months. Of course you should think your baby is the cutest and very special. Because your their parent. But she's not any more advanced than any other 2 month old. That standing thing, it's a reflex. Pretty much all babies do it around that age.

Do they do any tummy time with her?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Playsinrain wrote:
I like that they aren't scared to get her out of the house and are exposing her to a lot of different things, and experiences BUT... she still a lump of potatoes who can barely focus on something 2 feet in front of her. Just say she loves getting out of the house and is a good traveler, the whole She loves the zoo! she loves the forest! She's such an adventurer!! is so dumb sounding. Please keep taking her to do things, but don't act like shes going to go home and write her memoir about her trip to the zoo at 6 weeks weeks old! Annoying.
YES. This is really the reason I'm annoyed when they take June out to crazy things. They act like it's for her, that she can see everything, that she loves it, that she's so impressed, that she can react...but she can't :roll: They seriously seem to think that months = years.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Yikes, their daily average views are steadily dropping. They're below 50k views a day now. Strange time to quite your job. Maybe they think that they can correct the nose dive if Corbin focuses on YouTube and not his side job? They are really setting themselves up for a rude financial awakening by putting all their eggs in the YouTube basket.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Did you notice he made sure he showed her doing tummy time after it was questioned here if they ever do it.
I don't think they're going to be able to
stop the viewer decline. Just too boring. Plus Corbin is just too annoying. Better start looking for
a job now.

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

janem wrote:Did you notice he made sure he showed her doing tummy time after it was questioned here if they ever do it.
I don't think they're going to be able to
stop the viewer decline. Just too boring. Plus Corbin is just too annoying. Better start looking for
a job now.

Maybe he didn't quit.... they could have fired him

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”