8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

4444Dddd
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Unread post by 4444Dddd »

rulatows000 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:00 pm I wondered about that, too. Kesley is really the only girl they've paired him with on the vlogs and he was practically 15, I think, when it was going on, unless it was some other secret relationship. I just can't see Ruby not having filmed it or mentioned something about him having a 'girlfriend' or a 'crush', though, so almost positive it had to be Kesley. I never really thought about it, but maybe it could be part of what got him sent Anasazi. Things did seem to just kind of abruptly end between them. I don't remember really any explanation for what happened. If something did happen, though, I'd say the blame is on Ruby for forcing the relationship on those kids for content and views. However, we also have to remember how sheltered these kids are and that Abby thought sneaking out was leaving her bed at night. So when Chad says 'physical relationship' he could mean something as light as a hug or holding hands.
Thanks for linking the video @KattinessEverdeen

I kind of interpreted it as him dating the girl based on physical attraction and then not knowing how to communicate with her. Not that they did ‘physical’ stuff. Just based on how nonchalant the conversation was. But hey, you never know with this people and it could just be holding hands which to them could be a huge deal.

But the way Chad was talking... so odd. Almost as if he was brainwashed or something. There is really nothing abnormal about having a crush and dating someone before 16. He makes it sound like he was a depraved pervert at 15 and now he’s all better and repentant. Newsflash: that relationship did not work out because that is what happens to most teenage relationships as you figure things out about yourself. Odds are that this new one won’t work out either but that’s okay.

Gosh, they’ve really programmed him well. Anasazi did its job. No way he is going to be the rebel Franke now.
Audrey3196
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Audrey3196 »

Ruby’s “mental fitness” coaching sounds so completely tone deaf. It’s been taken to a point of blaming people for those with mental illness. Yes traditional therapy teaches people ways to cope with their mental illness — because there is no cure. Learning how to cope does not mean you cannot live a full life, it means you’ve learned ways to not let your mental illness completely take over so you don’t feel like you’re drowning. I’d much rather treat my anxiety with a therapist who is actually trained in psychology and has an actual degree from an accredited institution, not some program that doesn’t use actual science and looks an awful lot like a Mormon funded pyramid scheme.

The fact that my brain doesn’t produce enough serotonin which causes my anxiety will not be cured by people with no formal training in psychology and the science of mental illness.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

I know this is out of the blue, but I just came across the Dad Challenge collab with SL04n from August, where SL04n mentions how he cannot legally talk about 8passengers because of a letter their lawyers sent him. Like... Ruby and Kevin literally bullied the people who were talking about them and had the most people listening out of talking about them by using lawyers, got away with it, and now they get to go on with their channel like everything is fine and some of these channels who were covering their abuse and problems can't say shit. I dunno. I'm just really disgusted that they got to walk away from the controversy seemingly fine, and had the nerve to continue the channel like nothing happened. It absolutely horrifies me that people still watch their videos as fans. These types of channels absolutely should not exist, they're a complete stain on society and I wish they'd lose it all tomorrow.
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

imoverit wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:17 pm I know this is out of the blue, but I just came across the Dad Challenge collab with SL04n from August, where SL04n mentions how he cannot legally talk about 8passengers because of a letter their lawyers sent him. Like... Ruby and Kevin literally bullied the people who were talking about them and had the most people listening out of talking about them by using lawyers, got away with it, and now they get to go on with their channel like everything is fine and some of these channels who were covering their abuse and problems can't say shit. I dunno. I'm just really disgusted that they got to walk away from the controversy seemingly fine, and had the nerve to continue the channel like nothing happened. It absolutely horrifies me that people still watch their videos as fans. These types of channels absolutely should not exist, they're a complete stain on society and I wish they'd lose it all tomorrow.
That is awful and just plain stupid. They purposefully post their entire lives on the internet - but people aren't allowed to talk about them??? What do you expect when you post publicly on the internet that your son slept on the floor of 7 months, that you let your five year old daughter go hungry for a whole day and ignored her teacher's request to bring her food, and that your kids have no friends? There are consequences for your actions and there is a price to pay for posting your lives on Youtube. But, no, they want to exploit their kids on the internet, make millions, and not have anyone say a word against them. Also, I just have to ask, what are they so scared of? Seems awful guilty to me to go as far as to hire a lawyer to shut people up who are talking about you.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:Hell has frozen over. Ruby finally realized she is simply doing and saying everything her parents said and did, on autopilot. She decided to let Chad train to be a lifeguard, despite being told Griffiths couldn't lifeguard her whole life. If only this trend could continue and they could stop the cycle of mindless Griffiths disfunction. Imagine if every family was so selfish, refusing to ever serve in a life saving role because it might be hard on them if they see someone die? No lifeguards, no EMTs, no doctors, no police....

I was so glad to see that sweet moment in the kitchen with Chad and Eve where she pops up through his arms at the counter. I was worried that Ruby was going to destroy their relationship after her hard work gaslighting them, getting Eve to believe that Chad didn't love her and didn't want her in the family.

ETA: Knowing they have an ER nurse in the family makes me even angrier about how Bonnie has treated them in the past.
Somehow I got unsubscribed. So sorry for the late response.
What ER nurse? Bonnie was never a nurse. She may have been an EMT, but she has edited her work history so much it's hard to tell exactly what she did with that certification. And I don't think Julie worked in the ER.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

golden12345f wrote:Couldn't help but laugh when Ruby said it's hard to get into byu. I'm not even from the US and even I know it's easy. Just out of curiosity, I looked up where byu ranked globally among all universities, and besides the fact that it doesn't even make the times higher education list (which I didn't even think was possible), according to QS world university rankings it's simply ranked at 1001+, which really isn't great as they only give scores to the first 1000, and then the rest are 1001+.
Madi Bingham got into BYU, and they tried to spin some narrative that "BYU is really hard to get into"
Sure, Jan.
I hope Shari isn't driving with her field of vision decreased. It almost looked like she was driving herself to the ER.
And she certainly didn't look miserable in the pictures she was posting. I don't get migraines very often. But when I do, the last thing on my mind is posting on IG. I've had a couple of non covid trips to the ER in the past year, and I did NOT want to take selfies...

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:26 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote:Hell has frozen over. Ruby finally realized she is simply doing and saying everything her parents said and did, on autopilot. She decided to let Chad train to be a lifeguard, despite being told Griffiths couldn't lifeguard her whole life. If only this trend could continue and they could stop the cycle of mindless Griffiths disfunction. Imagine if every family was so selfish, refusing to ever serve in a life saving role because it might be hard on them if they see someone die? No lifeguards, no EMTs, no doctors, no police....

I was so glad to see that sweet moment in the kitchen with Chad and Eve where she pops up through his arms at the counter. I was worried that Ruby was going to destroy their relationship after her hard work gaslighting them, getting Eve to believe that Chad didn't love her and didn't want her in the family.

ETA: Knowing they have an ER nurse in the family makes me even angrier about how Bonnie has treated them in the past.
Somehow I got unsubscribed. So sorry for the late response.
What ER nurse? Bonnie was never a nurse. She may have been an EMT, but she has edited her work history so much it's hard to tell exactly what she did with that certification. And I don't think Julie worked in the ER.

They had an uncle who was a lifeguard and then an ER nurse. He was the cautionary tale in the family that led to the ban on Griffiths being lifeguards when someone drowned on his shift.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks, Katniss.

About Chad dating, I have NEVER understood the "you can't date before 16, but you can have a boyfriend/girlfriend" bit that these people put their kids through. They especially can have boyfriends and girlfriends if mom can use them for views. Ruby was using Shari's boyfriend for views for a couple of years, and then Shari dumped him the minute she turned 16 and could actually _date_. Kesley and Chad were "boyfriend/girlfriend", and she has Brock Mikesell as a boyfriend, but she wasn't "dating" him until she turned 16. I just know that as a parent, I would rather have my kids "dating", doing group dates or even one on one but not seriously, than having a one on one relationship.

madewitty
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by madewitty »

"you can't date until you're 16 but you can get married 18 bc why not" mormon ideologies really are something else.
pgn14
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by pgn14 »

Hi everyone!!

Long time lurker, first time commenter here :) I normally try to understand others perspectives and ways to see situations due to their own upbringing but the video that Shari uploaded about the ER visit.... She is completely uneducated on medical issues and still she is deciding to not check herself for very serious conditions because she thinks she is smarter than everyone else.... I can't with this family.... and then she is like "I thought it was anaemia because both of my parents are anaemic" mmm anaemia (in most cases) can be fixed with proper nutrition or small supplements, so why are they not fixing? She is sooo sheltered and out of touch with reality it is ridiculous.

Also, on previously commented topics, using Chad and their toxic views on relationships for clickbait is just simply twisted....Look how bad my teen is for liking a girl I have to send him into a abusive camp (God forbid a 15 yo liking someone for their physical appearance... ridiculous) but hey if he is 16 he can date and if he is 18, well then he is completely ready to not only marry but start a family.....wtf

I really hope at some point Chad and the younger kids get influenced by someone that can help them build themselves up and love whoever they become without any toxic values or ideas pressuring them into something they don't want. I even hope Shari gets there at some point tbh but I see that more difficult.

I also wanted to mention that I think Ruby's and Kevin's complete lack of interest on helping their kids develop to their fullest and facing any challenges they have as early as possible is going to make a huge disservice to those kids, specially Russel.

(PD. thank you for always keeping me entertained, forgive me for any spelling mistakes because English is not my first language)
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

What did you all think of Shari's video about her ER visit? I just skipped through it, didn't seem like there was anything different than what she shared on Instagram. Sounds kind of concerning to me, though, and doesn't seem like they found anything conclusive. She mentioned that Kevin had two cousins on his side of the family who had brain tumors before 35. That's scary, especially considering Chad was getting debilitating headaches awhile ago, too. Kevin is also anemic - isn't that kind of uncommon in men? Lots of health issues, it seems, I just hope they're taking it seriously and not just using at it as vlog content.

Ruby posted on Instagram about Shari turning 18. She said when Shari was little she would tell her that it 'wasn't ok to be mad, sad, angry, irritated'. It's funny how she is acting like she's changed, but that seems to summarize exactly how she treats her kids now. They are not allowed to be bored, not allowed to be forgetful, not allowed to be emotional. Like, what are they allowed to be? She wants her kids to be emotionless robots like she is. How awful to be a child and to be told by your mother that you can't be sad... No wonder it took Shari 17 years to learn what empathy was.
SamPatel99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SamPatel99 »

madewitty wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:20 pm "you can't date until you're 16 but you can get married 18 bc why not" mormon ideologies really are something else.
"You cant date until you're 16 but you can get married at 18 but you should be dating multiple people and not be tied down to one right away (according to shari regarding their schools pamphlets/stances on dating at 16) bc why not" is more like it but LOL youre right, their thinking regarding certain topics is questionable to those out of their faith

Also found this little piece on the LDS church site when I searched up "mormon no dating at 16":

"For the Strength of Youth says, “Dating can help you develop lasting friendships and eventually find an eternal companion” ([2001], 24). Your ultimate goal is to spend eternity with Heavenly Father, and in His kingdom we will live as eternal families. So the ultimate goal of dating is to find an eternal companion you can make and keep temple covenants with."

"What is considered dating? How is it defined?
Dating is when two people of the opposite sex arrange to pair up with each other and participate in an activity. Some teens use the word dating to describe a couple that has decided to be exclusive, but this is not the kind of dating you should be doing in your teens."

So they're too immature to date before this age then theyre mature but too immature to be in a committed relationship and SHOULD be dating around? Isnt that frowned upon if there was even the slightest physical aspect to a relationship i bet theyd automatically start shaming... Not to mention it seems like relationships and dating to them is just a method of spending the time between being sexually mature and death with someone so your physical needs can be met until youre with the lord, exactly like that transactional relationship ruby was talking about in the marriage Q/A, ngl it seems like her thinking might not be entirely her fault...
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Why does Ruby encourage Chad being a show-off and obnoxious on Abby's zoom class, what a distraction! How do you not have cheese in your house is this not a staple, maybe not? But you would think Ruby would have freeze-dried some, lol. Also, you have kids, including guests, sitting at the table still eating, while some Franke kids are in the kitchen doing exercises on the counter, smh. Ruby, teach your children some manners, beginning with Shari who still uses her fork like a toddler.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Sounds like Shari’s doctors should’ve been more proactive when she first went in about the fuzzy vision in her eye OR that Shari should take medical advice from medical professionals and not use her google degree to decide.

I hope this experience shows her that it doesn’t matter how “healthy” you appear or how young you are, health issues don’t discriminate.

Also how does someone narrow down a diagnosis to 2 possibilities, both of which are considered “rare” with less than 200,000 cases per year.
4444Dddd
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 4444Dddd »

I am not surprised about Kevin being anemic. The portion sizes and quality of food in that household is appalling. But it really makes me worry for the children, especially the girls. If Kevin is anaemic and it is diet-related, they must feel like shit all the time. Anemia makes you so tired. Poor kids.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

4444Dddd wrote:I am not surprised about Kevin being anemic. The portion sizes and quality of food in that household is appalling. But it really makes me worry for the children, especially the girls. If Kevin is anaemic and it is diet-related, they must feel like shit all the time. Anemia makes you so tired. Poor kids.
Maybe that's why they feed them so poorly. They want them tired so they are out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't care how Ruby and Kevin spin it that they are not neglectful with their children. Shari is describing the incident with her symptoms and states she didn't want to get the MRI partly because of the cost. What parent does not encourage their child/insist even, they do what their doctor recommends. Shari makes her own appointments, and no doubt now, she pays her own medical bills. I'll say it again, Ruby and Kevin are pathetic parents. Their wealth is disgusting and misused on Ruby's current hobby and self.

As far as the anemia in Ruby and Kevin, both of them adults and probably having more food than what they allow their children. They need to be getting their kids checked for the same. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Griffith clan suffers with this. Many of the little kids look pale and sickly on a regular basis.
Herroyaldorkness
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Herroyaldorkness »

Oh boy. Check out "What's Under the Rug" IG stories. They are babbling on about motives and questions you need to ask yourself before getting a haircut!! It is so ridiculous. Can a haircut just be about hygiene? The really ironic part is she goes on and on in these stories with completely flat greasy hair 🤮
golden12345f
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by golden12345f »

Is Ruby actually stupid? She really thought Chad was that fast and was that far ahead of the other guy. Does she not understand how it works when people are staggered? Also this might just be me, but I found it a bit rude when she was shouting "he's catching on you!", referring to the other kid. I understand parents want to support their kids which I 100% support and I understand it's a competition, but I just felt like her shouting that came off a bit rude, but idk could just be me
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

golden12345f wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 am Is Ruby actually stupid? She really thought Chad was that fast and was that far ahead of the other guy. Does she not understand how it works when people are staggered? Also this might just be me, but I found it a bit rude when she was shouting "he's catching on you!", referring to the other kid. I understand parents want to support their kids which I 100% support and I understand it's a competition, but I just felt like her shouting that came off a bit rude, but idk could just be me
It's all for show on the vlog, I'm sure. Ruby can't be bothered to go to swim meets and recitals, her current interest is growing views from Chad. Therefore, she should just keep her cheering quiet.

Return to “8 Passengers”