8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

tebbyvines
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Unread post by tebbyvines »

It's Shari's 18th birthday today. You know what that means. Ruby and Kevin kick her out and don't welcome her back!

But considering how Shari behaves towards her siblings. Will she really be missed around the house? Probably not. They can eat in peace now without her scoffing at them about their portion sizes.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

I can't get over how they were ENCOURAGING Chad to act during Abby's zoom cooking class. I am a teacher who is teaching virtually right now, and that teacher must have some serious self control because no WAY would I allow that in my class, she'd get booted off the call (I know it wasn't Abby's fault, but I wouldn't tolerate it anyway). Ruby is a garbage mother for thinking that is okay and encouraging it by laughing and filming. Chad is a teenage boy and a bit of a class clown so it was Ruby's responsibility there to shut that down.

Shari will not be kicked out of the house on her 18th birthday. Once she moves out for college, or maybe even this summer before college, *then* she won't be welcome back. I'm sure of that - but if I'm wrong, then things are about to get interesting lol.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

tebbyvines wrote:It's Shari's 18th birthday today. You know what that means. Ruby and Kevin kick her out and don't welcome her back!

But considering how Shari behaves towards her siblings. Will she really be missed around the house? Probably not. They can eat in peace now without her scoffing at them about their portion sizes.

Since she is the favorite child she won't be kicked out like everyone else will be or who else will ruby have to tattle on the kids when they aren't following the rules.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

boychik0830 wrote:
tebbyvines wrote:It's Shari's 18th birthday today. You know what that means. Ruby and Kevin kick her out and don't welcome her back!

Since she is the favorite child she won't be kicked out like everyone else will be or who else will ruby have to tattle on the kids when they aren't following the rules.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
And she is a surrogate parent. Ruby relies on her to not only tattle, but to take care of the kids too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

golden12345f wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 am Is Ruby actually stupid? She really thought Chad was that fast and was that far ahead of the other guy. Does she not understand how it works when people are staggered? Also this might just be me, but I found it a bit rude when she was shouting "he's catching on you!", referring to the other kid. I understand parents want to support their kids which I 100% support and I understand it's a competition, but I just felt like her shouting that came off a bit rude, but idk could just be me
It wasn't just you. I thought it was extremely rude. I turned it off actually because I couldn't stand it.
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

Glad to see Eve and Russell have made some friends. What about Abby and Julie, though? When was the last time we saw or heard about them hanging out with friends or having friends over? They are so isolated. All we ever see is them cooking/baking in the kitchen lately, which is fine since they enjoy it, but would also like to see them out with friends and doing things tween/teen girls do.
SamPatel99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SamPatel99 »

Shari leaving the house for college could possibly be the worst possible thing to happen to Ruby and the kids right now!

Who else is going to help eve do her own laundry and drive the other kids to prestigious private school (when they get sick of rubys unschooling and want a real education again) and go grocery shopping for the kids because ruby forgot to before she left them for vacation and cook the dinner on the days julie/abby dont, and manage all the siblings cleaning schedules/snitch on them when they don't (i.e. the memed car scene with chad) and get them ready for school and help with homework and decorate the house for holidays (because ruby is a self proclaimed and publicly disagreed upon minimalist and also "hates decorating for Christmas") and help her reinforce her weird ass rules when shes angry once about something and then never again?!?! THATS RIGHT! No one! Now would ruby really want to kick out or ban the only real parent in that house?

How would she get to go on all those vacations from being burnt out that lead shari to going grocery shopping because the parents never planned if SHARI ISNT THERE?!?

They know that chad isn't here for any of it even after wildnerness camp, LOL the only thing thats changed is that he seems to understand how to behave to his parents until hes 18 so he can finally start living his life...and besides Shari enjoys being the snitch who selectively listens to Rubys rules when they dont affect her and then talk back when they do (i.e. the throwing homework out rule, the "we take things away for 6 months" rule etc that are spontaneously said in vlogs & openly debated by shari to let fake momma ruby know that shes the real powerful mother in that house).

I think Shari is not like ruby in a lot of ways but obviously she defends her mom a lot because at the end of the day even if you disagree, thats your parent. Shari does call ruby out on her BS from time to time, shes 80919890248909x more responsible, punctual and clean than ruby. Shes more attentive to her family and their preferences or likes and dislikes (as seen from julies birthday vlog), and i think a part of her ignorance to her health (as many have mentioned before) is because shes probably had to manage it since such a young age. I bet Ruby never even thought about having her kids pay for their own ANYTHING until she realized she could do it to Shari when shari started making/saving from her channel and then had the genius idea to use her as a precedent for the other kids even though they don't do the same - just another one of her spontaneous ill thought upon rules.

Shari is the reason julie and abby are probably only doing the large amount they currently are for the house and not even more, comparing himself to her is probably the only reason chad got to learn how to drive and her busy schedule/them going to different schools. She is the reason eve gets help with a lot of her chores since Ruby refuses to. She does take care of the siblings and on occasion did nice and fun things with them on her vlogs that they actually seem to enjoy filiming (i.e. trying fries from different places, making cakes and waffles, sharing stories about jewelry with the girls etc) vs the content ruby makes them put out AND she probably helps make it easier for her siblings to stand up to Ruby whenever she disagrees with rubys opinion because shes independent enough that ruby doesn't have leverage on her to make her follow the rules so the other kids get some breathing space (i.e. clothing choices, dinners, the homework thing, no one liking cream of wheat etc).

As much as she is turning into mini Ruby, and does not great things to her siblings, with her gone everyones going to have to do a lot more around the house probably because it seems like none of them except julie maybe have the drive for things that shari did so Ruby will make them all try to fill this large hole she has left for the house duties (THAT RUBY PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW SHE DID BECAUSE SHE THINKS SHE DOES IT ALL ON HER OWN) lol ruby probably made that blitz cleaning video to compensate for the fact that she knows the internet knows shari manages all of that most of the time (especially seen in all the edits on youtube lately).

Anyways, yeah I think the other kids will get more freedom to actually talk and share their opinions, eat without judgement as much etc, but lol what if ruby thinks with shari gone they can make less food and we already know rubys idea of 1 persons portion of food is 0.25 a normal person and her alleged excellent math skills are all made up, she might take out 2 whole peoples food portions since shari isnt there anymore, yikes.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Am I the only one who doesn't actually think Shari has been doing as much around the house as she usually was expected to do? Yes she used to babysit all the time and have to be on "the kids" about everything, but these days she is one of the only ones going to school, she has sports, dates, youtube, etc. Whereas Abby and Julie are trapped home all day and more likely expected to do more of the cleaning and childcare. I don't think Ruby relies on Shari as much as she used to, which would be good if those responsibilities weren't now falling on other children.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

imoverit wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:53 am Am I the only one who doesn't actually think Shari has been doing as much around the house as she usually was expected to do? Yes she used to babysit all the time and have to be on "the kids" about everything, but these days she is one of the only ones going to school, she has sports, dates, youtube, etc. Whereas Abby and Julie are trapped home all day and more likely expected to do more of the cleaning and childcare. I don't think Ruby relies on Shari as much as she used to, which would be good if those responsibilities weren't now falling on other children.
No, I agree. Although I think Shari likes to take the credit, but not do the work (just like Ruby). She simply bosses around her siblings and rats them out if they don't follow her orders. The only time we saw her pretend to do the work, was on her own videos. On Ruby's videos it was usually Julie and Abby taking care of the kids and cleaning the house, even taking care of Shari's responsibilities, like the hedgehog. Kevin once chastised Shari for yelling at the girls about being lazy, after they cleaned her hedgehog's cage for her.

There are times where she was left alone with the kids and shouldn't have been (i.e. the pandemic vacation), but she hasn't really been seen actually taking care of them in many years. Ruby and Kevin even left for a trip with Julie and Abby in charge of Russell and Eve before, I assume because they were the ones caring for them regularly. Per other Mormon vlogger videos, we see Shari hiding in the basement watching tv alone while Julie and Abby dealt with the "intruders". Shari herself says she hides from her family while she is home. I do think it is good that she is learning how to interact with other people finally, even if she only figured it out that last semester of school. All the kids seem to be a little happier these days, seen with friends, or finally allowed activities.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

I find it interesting the lack of birthday shout outs for shari from the griffiths.... still trying to figure out what the rift between ruby and her parents/siblings is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SamPatel99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SamPatel99 »

Okay, you guys make fair points, but I do still think that with Shari being gone Ruby is going to loathe the responsibilities she thinks she will getting back not to mention she will actually have to take her kids to school, go grocery shopping etc...

I just hope that whatever they think Shari is doing right now doesn’t fall even more onto the younger girls than it already did before covid

On another note; has anyone noticed how much more Chad is taking to science, math and school in general now that he’s at a school he likes (he’s even more dedicated to his religion because he got knighted or w.e). Seems like the choice of school was always the real issue not entirely just his behaviour (which weve all known forever) but will Kevin and Ruby ever see it that way? Take responsibility for their actions? Never!
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Didn't Kevin just have major knee surgery? Why on earth are they going to Boston to look at college we all know Shari will not attend??!! Sheesh. Any excuse for a vacation for them.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

CognitiveDissonance wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:33 pm Didn't Kevin just have major knee surgery? Why on earth are they going to Boston to look at college we all know Shari will not attend??!! Sheesh. Any excuse for a vacation for them.
Oh thank you! I forgot about the college video. So strange. She didn't visit before she applied, but is visiting just before she gets a rejection/acceptance letter? While her father is recovering from surgery and she tells us she is going through a serious medical crisis herself.

I wonder if BU paid her to come for publicity? Sort of like how Baylor used Brooklyn & Bailey for promo. It makes no sense otherwise. Although Shari doesn't have the reach they do, so I don't know why BU would need her promo. So odd. And why isn't she visiting the other two schools if she is making the effort to fly all the way over there? Why just BU? She hasn't even gotten in....

-------------------------------------
So....can we talk about all the Shari content now that she is an adult, or is she still off limits on this board? If she is off limits, is it possible to formally request a Shari thread? I find her ongoing medical mysteries fascinating and would like to discuss it with like minded people. Many thanks!
Gigi7
Talker
Talker

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying!

Unread post by Gigi7 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:00 pm
CognitiveDissonance wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:33 pm Didn't Kevin just have major knee surgery? Why on earth are they going to Boston to look at college we all know Shari will not attend??!! Sheesh. Any excuse for a vacation for them.
Oh thank you! I forgot about the college video. So strange. She didn't visit before she applied, but is visiting just before she gets a rejection/acceptance letter? While her father is recovering from surgery and she tells us she is going through a serious medical crisis herself.

I wonder if BU paid her to come for publicity? Sort of like how Baylor used Brooklyn & Bailey for promo. It makes no sense otherwise. Although Shari doesn't have the reach they do, so I don't know why BU would need her promo. So odd. And why isn't she visiting the other two schools if she is making the effort to fly all the way over there? Why just BU? She hasn't even gotten in....

-------------------------------------
So....can we talk about all the Shari content now that she is an adult, or is she still off limits on this board? If she is off limits, is it possible to formally request a Shari thread? I find her ongoing medical mysteries fascinating and would like to discuss it with like minded people. Many thanks!
I have a theory on why Shari is visiting BU, it’s for content.
She might be trying to build an audience of future college freshman people because possibly her content will be about college stuff.

I think she is definitely going to BYU. No surprises there. And she will get in,
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Kevin's knee surgery was a week ago, and he said he was supposed to do the "knee-bendy" machine for 6 hrs a day for 6 weeks. So I'm pretty sure he's not walking around Boston right now.

I'm assuming they are messing with the timeline of either Kevin's surgery or their trip to Boston. Maybe Boston was a while ago and they didn't want more attention for traveling during the pandemic. It does seem very strange to be traveling there now. Unless she actually did get in and they want to show off and act like she might go there. I agree with everyone who's said she'll go to byu no matter what.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ICantEven wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:02 pm Kevin's knee surgery was a week ago, and he said he was supposed to do the "knee-bendy" machine for 6 hrs a day for 6 weeks. So I'm pretty sure he's not walking around Boston right now.

I'm assuming they are messing with the timeline of either Kevin's surgery or their trip to Boston. Maybe Boston was a while ago and they didn't want more attention for traveling during the pandemic. It does seem very strange to be traveling there now. Unless she actually did get in and they want to show off and act like she might go there. I agree with everyone who's said she'll go to byu no matter what.
I don't think BU has sent out any acceptance letters, so if she knows, it is likely some pre-arranged agreement.
WindnSea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by WindnSea »

Has Shari's health scare been addressed here? She goes into detail on her channel.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

WindnSea wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:23 pm Has Shari's health scare been addressed here? She goes into detail on her channel.
It has been discussed a bit if you read back, but some board members thought it inappropriate to discuss her content so I backed off.

On a related note, nobody mentioned that Kevin, Ruby and Shari all went on a trip to Boston. Did they leave Chad in charge of the kids without any transportation?!? Or is Grandma Griff back in their life now? This whole thing makes no sense. This has to be an old trip before the surgery and the ER visits right?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ruby makes a point of delaying posting when they're out of town, "for safety" which is such a joke because she doesn't really hide where they live or that the kids are sometimes gone for hours without her having any idea where they are. So this trip probably happened before Kevin's knee surgery.

CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:44 pm Ruby makes a point of delaying posting when they're out of town, "for safety" which is such a joke because she doesn't really hide where they live or that the kids are sometimes gone for hours without her having any idea where they are. So this trip probably happened before Kevin's knee surgery.

They have been posting asking for recommendations on things to do in Boston on IG. Pretty devious if it already took place. Nothing surprises me, I guess.

Return to “8 Passengers”