Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Of course they'll end up getting the Subaru because they live in Portland and they won't be considered true Oregonians if they drive anything else.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Watching the vlog. They are actually getting a car! But they claim they won't use it much...and every car is too small to them. You just need to fit a car seat!
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Sorry for all the posts, but how's about some positivity? I don't think June was the cutest baby (she's better now, so it was likely just the newborn stages), but she's just so tiny! And her hair is so cute. Makes me want a baby to hold LOL
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

tintin15 wrote:So was the vlog today clickbait? I knew Gaston and Mary Sue wouldn't give in and get a car. Not when the haterzzzz are the ones insisting they need one.
Title is just for Keyword Search. They alienated so many viewers among their targeted demographics and a lot of current and former viewers figured out their lies, they have to venture out to get new subscribers. The problem is that they never seem to learn from their mistakes. They are now trying to portray themselves as marathon runners and adventure seekers but they are neither. Watching them is like watching a pair of really bad con men.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

There's no way I would want my husband in the room while I got an IUD.
But I think that's just the type of person I am. I also wouldn't want him seeing me on the toilet, and I don't want my closet friends and family in the room when I give birth. There are some people who wouldn't mind any of that, so I don't think it's the weirdest thing ever.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

fossilfinger wrote:Of course they'll end up getting the Subaru because they live in Portland and they won't be considered true Oregonians if they drive anything else.
I think a car is still a ways off. They weren't even actually at a car dealership, but some random car auction place pretty far from town. If they are looking for all the specifics Corbin mentioned - but don't have even $10,000 to spend - it's going to be tough. Their old car was literally a piece of junk, and I doubt the Wander Wagon - also a big piece of junk - cost very much.

Cars are expensive and buying a used car can be really risky - like Carlie Butler and her Mercedes SUV fiasco just about a month ago. I wonder if they could even qualify for a used car loan or if they are just paying cash??

I think they really WANT a car, but they are still not raking in enough money to afford one without more debt. They really should have thought more about renting a cheaper place and getting a car before the baby was born. They said they rented their current apartment BECAUSE they'd never need a car - obviously they were 100% wrong!!
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I think the real reason they want to travel is just so they don't have to pay rent.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ja14 wrote:I think the real reason they want to travel is just so they don't have to pay rent.
Well, then they shouldn't have signed a 12-month lease for a $1500+/mo. apartment the size of a shoebox.

They would have been better off ending the van trip, sucking up their pride and moving in with family in Idaho to SAVE money while June was still this small. Free rent, family and friends to help out and probably free access to a car. Corbin's pompous, know-it-all attitude isn't working for them or their channel - and cute YT babies don't bring in the $$$ forever! And now June has baby competition from 2 new Butler babies and Roman Atwood's baby is almost here too! Plus, Ellie and Missy will likely pregnant soon. C&K are too small (and awkward) of channel to really compete.

I hope Corbin has a Plan B now that Kelsey got that IUD!!!! :lol:
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ja14 wrote:I think the real reason they want to travel is just so they don't have to pay rent.
Well, then they shouldn't have signed a 12-month lease for a $1500+/mo. apartment the size of a shoebox.

They would have been better off ending the van trip, sucking up their pride and moving in with family in Idaho to SAVE money while June was still this small. Free rent, family and friends to help out and probably free access to a car. Corbin's pompous, know-it-all attitude isn't working for them or their channel - and cute YT babies don't bring in the $$$ forever! And now June has baby competition from 2 new Butler babies and Roman Atwood's baby is almost here too! Plus, Ellie and Missy will likely pregnant soon. C&K are too small (and awkward) of channel to really compete.

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

ewokfan11 wrote:

OMG, $1500/month for that awful place?! I had no idea rent was so much higher out west! When we were first married, we spent our first 3 years in a 2 bedroom apartment for $550/month, and it was 3 times bigger than their current place. Granted this is in SC, but still. Our current mortgage is $850. I don't understand these two. They make odd life choices.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

The one thing I can say about these two is unlike missy who needs her mommy and daddy around 24/7 these two are doing it by themselves.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Strawberry26 wrote:The one thing I can say about these two is unlike missy who needs her mommy and daddy around 24/7 these two are doing it by themselves.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Lol that's because they don't really do anything. They wouldn't even eat if it weren't for food trucks & local take-out.

Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

They are always sabotaging June's sleep.

She was ASLEEP when they laid her in the crib, and instead of waking away, they had to stand crib side and VLOG. The "tour" Kelsey gave June clearly woke her up, and then Corbin is shown messing around the crib as well. No shit she didn't nap.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote: I think they really WANT a car, but they are still not raking in enough money to afford one without more debt. They really should have thought more about renting a cheaper place and getting a car before the baby was born. They said they rented their current apartment BECAUSE they'd never need a car - obviously they were 100% wrong!!
What I find totally weird is that the actually could afford a decent used car inside of a year tops if they just...stopped throwing cash away on useless amenities? I want to say by the way that I'm NOT off the attitude that people who are poor or have little money should never treat themselves* but they just do it constantly constantly constantly. Like all of the expensive food truck stuff they eat, Paris being in doggy daycare at least 3 times a week (why?! they never go anywhere!) and their super expensive apartment that they chose because of the neighborhood/amenities which they don't even use. If they just looked for a cheaper place - they could probably get a bigger one than they have now in a less trendy area -, took Paris to the park so they could get out and he could socialize (which it wouldn't kill K and C to do either), and just ate the food they get literally for free from Hello Fresh they could save so much money!

*Because the whole argument about 'well if moms on wellfare can afford to get their nails done once every 3 months they should get off assistance!' is stupid because a) everyone deserves to feel like a human and have a little treat once in a while and b) you can be poor and have cash because assets which require $$$ are the only way to ACTUALLY have any money. end of econ lecture :D .
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I hope Corbin has a Plan B now that Kelsey got that IUD!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Oh my god they paid HOW much?! I live in a major US city so I know how crazy real estate can be but I'm also not an idiot. I would have taken a look at the pile of the things we'd already bought for our newborn and said 'hell no' to a space that small. I agree I think they'd have been better at least moving somewhere cheaper than Portland, where they know no one and have no support system, while they get the hang of being adults and parents. If DB has a girl anytime soon they're going to lose interest in June really quickly and they'll stop pushing Steps to Wander so hard which would be a disaster for them. It seems like a lot of their consistent viewers are hardcore DB fans who feel like it's their 'duty' to watch C and K because DB promote their channel?

I get the impression that they (read: Corbin) loved the young hipstery vibe there until they had a baby and then HOW DARE ANYONE SMOKE OR DRINK OR BE AN ADULT MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS AROUND HIS PRECIOUS FOREST PRINCESS?! DON'T YOU KNOW THEY NAMED HER AFTER A TREEEE AND SHE NEEDS TO BE IN A TOTALLY NATURALISTIC ENVIRONMENT AT ALL TIMES?! YOU'RE ALL SPREADING TOXINS EVERYWHERE!!! Uuuuuugh. People who want the entire world to change just because their kids are in it are the worst.

ETA: Thanks for choosing my title!
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I hope Corbin has a Plan B now that Kelsey got that IUD!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Oh my god they paid HOW much?! I live in a major US city so I know how crazy real estate can be but I'm also not an idiot. I would have taken a look at the pile of the things we'd already bought for our newborn and said 'hell no' to a space that small. I agree I think they'd have been better at least moving somewhere cheaper than Portland, where they know no one and have no support system, while they get the hang of being adults and parents. If DB has a girl anytime soon they're going to lose interest in June really quickly and they'll stop pushing Steps to Wander so hard which would be a disaster for them. It seems like a lot of their consistent viewers are hardcore DB fans who feel like it's their 'duty' to watch C and K because DB promote their channel?

I get the impression that they (read: Corbin) loved the young hipstery vibe there until they had a baby and then HOW DARE ANYONE SMOKE OR DRINK OR BE AN ADULT MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS AROUND HIS PRECIOUS FOREST PRINCESS?! DON'T YOU KNOW THEY NAMED HER AFTER A TREEEE AND SHE NEEDS TO BE IN A TOTALLY NATURALISTIC ENVIRONMENT AT ALL TIMES?! YOU'RE ALL SPREADING TOXINS EVERYWHERE!!! Uuuuuugh. People who want the entire world to change just because their kids are in it are the worst.

ETA: Thanks for choosing my title!
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luci417 wrote:HOW DARE ANYONE SMOKE OR DRINK OR BE AN ADULT MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS AROUND HIS PRECIOUS FOREST PRINCESS?! DON'T YOU KNOW THEY NAMED HER AFTER A TREEEE AND SHE NEEDS TO BE IN A TOTALLY NATURALISTIC ENVIRONMENT AT ALL TIMES?! YOU'RE ALL SPREADING TOXINS EVERYWHERE!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So true!
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I still cant believe they paid that much for that space. I live in university housing (which is tiny and deplorable) and my itty bitty apartment is bigger than theirs and we pay university prices (about 900-1000 a month if gou divide it out). I love small spaces, but i love them for the price. A small space is not worth renting for 1500 a month. Also they cram so much crap into that apartment it makes me feel claustrophobic. Do you need thay piano? As in do you use it at least weekly? That big tub of "tools" could be organized better to make more space. All the baby stuff everywhere (a crib, a cradle, a rock n play, and a doc a tot). It is just too much stuff.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Is Kelsey holding tea bags pretending they're condoms in the thumbnail for the new video? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Also, their birth vlog popped up as recommended and I didn't mention it before, but...man, is that thumbnail unfortunate! Kelsey is a pretty girl, but Corbin had to pick the most terrible face for that thumbnail.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”