Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by lucycat732 »

Theirmom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
And what is up with taking pictures every day Ollie goes to school? How long is that going to last?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There was a thing going around Facebook around back to school time about taking a photo of your kids every morning in case they went missing, so you could give the cops an up to date picture with what the kid is wearing. I don't know if that's why Missy is doing it.
And they're probably especially worried about kidnapping because Ollie is just so famous. Did you guys know he gets swarmed by fans wherever he goes? :roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

cat9480 wrote:I think one of the reasons they go through friends so quickly is that they spend such an excessive amount of time together. They are all vloggers with too much time on their hands and they are just together all day every day. Seems counterintuitive, but most adults don't see their friends or even family on a daily basis for hours at a time. I really think part of the issue is that they are all under-stimulated (no jobs, hobbies, etc. to talk about - I'm sure they end up sitting around and whining to each other all day) and they just get bored with each other.

Is Missy really putting Finn in a net?! THAT'S the best solution she can come up with?! Just get the kid a toddler bed Image

Their reaction to the scorpion thing convinces me 100% that the baby rat that magically appeared on their counter was a set up.

Rat: Oh look how cute it is! Maybe we should break out a Lysol wipe and casually let the pest control guy know the next time we see him.

Scorpions: OMG THERE'S SCORPIONS IN OUR HOUSE! Let's tear the whole living room apart, vacuum thoroughly, and get the exterminator on the phone asap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She doesn't want finn in a toddler bed bc then he can just get out of it when he wants too and he's learned how to open the door to his room. If he's in the toddler bed Missy cant force him to stay in there for "naps" like she loves to do. The net is strictly for her convenience, nothing to do with Finn and his readiness for a toddler bed. She's such a shit mother.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Why don't they try doing some fall activities with the kids instead of buying them candy and costumes every day of October! Like going to an actual pumpkin patch instead of creating one in their backyard?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why don't they try doing some fall activities with the kids instead of buying them candy and costumes every day of October! Like going to an actual pumpkin patch instead of creating one in their backyard?
Bc that would require the kids to actually have peer interaction lol
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:
cat9480 wrote:I think one of the reasons they go through friends so quickly is that they spend such an excessive amount of time together. They are all vloggers with too much time on their hands and they are just together all day every day. Seems counterintuitive, but most adults don't see their friends or even family on a daily basis for hours at a time. I really think part of the issue is that they are all under-stimulated (no jobs, hobbies, etc. to talk about - I'm sure they end up sitting around and whining to each other all day) and they just get bored with each other.

Is Missy really putting Finn in a net?! THAT'S the best solution she can come up with?! Just get the kid a toddler bed Image

Their reaction to the scorpion thing convinces me 100% that the baby rat that magically appeared on their counter was a set up.

Rat: Oh look how cute it is! Maybe we should break out a Lysol wipe and casually let the pest control guy know the next time we see him.

Scorpions: OMG THERE'S SCORPIONS IN OUR HOUSE! Let's tear the whole living room apart, vacuum thoroughly, and get the exterminator on the phone asap!!!

She doesn't want finn in a toddler bed bc then he can just get out of it when he wants too and he's learned how to open the door to his room. If he's in the toddler bed Missy cant force him to stay in there for "naps" like she loves to do. The net is strictly for her convenience, nothing to do with Finn and his readiness for a toddler bed. She's such a shit mother.
We just stuck a child safety knob on our kids doors when they started trying to leave their rooms in the middle of the night. It's way safer to put them in a toddler bed and lock them in than risk them falling trying to climb out. If they childproof his room so that he's safe to roam freely in there, there is no reason why he shouldn't be in a real bed.
Also, some kids just don't need afternoon naps. If he's sleeping 12-13 hours at night, he likely just doesn't need to sleep in the afternoon.
:roll:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

There's a trend right now about taking a picture f your kid everyday and compiling them into a video when older. I think that's all they are doing. Missy is too lazy for that though, and will undoubtedly lose interest soon.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Theirmom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

We just stuck a child safety knob on our kids doors when they started trying to leave their rooms in the middle of the night. It's way safer to put them in a toddler bed and lock them in than risk them falling trying to climb out. If they childproof his room so that he's safe to roam freely in there, there is no reason why he shouldn't be in a real bed.
Also, some kids just don't need afternoon naps. If he's sleeping 12-13 hours at night, he likely just doesn't need to sleep in the afternoon.
I don't have kids and am certainly inexperienced with this, but that's what I was thinking. Childproof the bedroom, get him a bed, and stick a safety knob on the door. If he wakes up, he can play quietly in his room and hopefully fall back asleep if he needs to. Might be a bit of adjustment for him at first, but he would eventually learn some self-soothing mechanisms to get himself back to sleep. And if he doesn't need a nap that day, he could just have some quiet down time in his room to rest. I feel like this isn't the saga that Missy is making it out to be with her lowered mattress and nets Image If she can't handle Finn getting up when she's not ready, what is she going to do when the real tough parenting stuff comes along?!

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Agree with everyone annoyed with the Halloween themed vlogs. It's Halloween for goodness sakes, not Christmas. And buying new Halloween costumes every day is like buying a new Christmas tree every day in my opinion. Completely OTT.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

How long does she plan on keeping him in a crib? Until ollie gives the okay that Finn can share his room

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:
lucycat732 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:I watched 20 seconds of the vlog and said “wtf” ... this Halloween BS is getting old. & don’t get me wrong Halloween is my absolute FAVROITE! and I think the 1st of October is kewl to start decorating but I would NEVER dress up my kid EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY of October.

It’s not entertaining at all & it’s going to make dressing up for Halloween less special because by the time it’s the 31st the boys are going to be FED UP. I hope they stop soon
Exactly! And it takes away from the excitement of the actual day of Halloween. I remember staring at my costume hanging in the closet, just counting down the days until October 31st. This costume-a-day nonsense is just the Lannings being their typical excessive selves. And these kids are going to have no idea what patience or appreciation is if every day is treated like a holiday (with a constant turnover of new toys to boot).
Exactly!!! My mom wouldn’t even let us put our costumes on before Halloween so we wouldn’t risk damaging them and it made Halloween soooo much more fun..... if this is how they’re treating Halloween I think we can expect some real BS for Christmas this year
Me too! No wearing of the costume before Halloween, to avoid making it dirty or ruined. And it was so exciting to finally put it on!
Once again they are making fun things boring AF for vlog footage, and making their kids jaded before they're even 5.

PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

onbreak wrote:How long does she plan on keeping him in a crib? Until ollie gives the okay that Finn can share his room

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Poor Finn will be in a crib forever if that's the case!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Theirmom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
And what is up with taking pictures every day Ollie goes to school? How long is that going to last?

There was a thing going around Facebook around back to school time about taking a photo of your kids every morning in case they went missing, so you could give the cops an up to date picture with what the kid is wearing. I don't know if that's why Missy is doing it.
But that kid is photographed SO much. They have plenty of up to date pictures of him. I think it's just typical Lanning overkill.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

My youngest son is Finns age, call me lazy but if he started climbing out I would definitely put a net over his crib and do anything I could to keep him contained. (A much loved blogger named Bonnie hoellien did it and didn't get shit about it from anyone)

My son has an older brother and I can't imagine the kind of mischief they would get into if little brother escaped. I'm dreading the day actually...missy probably has the same fears. It is dangerous for not even two year olds to wander around the house by themselves.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:My youngest son is Finns age, call me lazy but if he started climbing out I would definitely put a net over his crib and do anything I could to keep him contained. (A much loved blogger named Bonnie hoellien did it and didn't get shit about it from anyone)

My son has an older brother and I can't imagine the kind of mischief they would get into if little brother escaped. I'm dreading the day actually...missy probably has the same fears. It is dangerous for not even two year olds to wander around the house by themselves.

Nah, Bonnie got ton of shit for it too. She just wasn't ready to give up the crib yet and it wasn't about sticking him in there extended hours so she didn't have to deal with him.

I don't judge Missy wanting to use the nets either, but locking him in his room whether it's a toddler bed or netting while he's awake just because she's lazy I do side eye for sure.
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

Oh, I have a suggestion, Missy! Get the child a toddler bed! He'll be 2 this month! At this point he probably feels trapped, especially with that net!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:My youngest son is Finns age, call me lazy but if he started climbing out I would definitely put a net over his crib and do anything I could to keep him contained. (A much loved blogger named Bonnie hoellien did it and didn't get shit about it from anyone)

Nah, Bonnie got ton of shit for it too. She just wasn't ready to give up the crib yet and it wasn't about sticking him in there extended hours so she didn't have to deal with him.

I don't judge Missy wanting to use the nets either, but locking him in his room whether it's a toddler bed or netting while he's awake just because she's lazy I do side eye for sure.
She's obsessed with him napping and sleeping in as long as she thinks he should. Ollie napped A LOT. Maybe Finn just doesn't need as much sleep as Ollie did. We were all stunned at how much Ollie napped back when he was Finn's age. It's not Finn's safety she's concerned about. He wanders off and they "find" him in all kinds of places (like the garage-- WTF?) and think it's "funny" or "cute". She doesn't want him up because she doesn't want to deal with him.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Speaking of sleep... has anyone else noticed that ever since we speculated that they might be dosing Ollie to make him sleep so heavy (or that it could be a side effect of actual medication he needs) that they stopped showing that sort of thing? Hmmmmmm......
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

Playsinrain wrote:Speaking of sleep... has anyone else noticed that ever since we speculated that they might be dosing Ollie to make him sleep so heavy (or that it could be a side effect of actual medication he needs) that they stopped showing that sort of thing? Hmmmmmm......
All of the sweets lately have probabaly kept him up!
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Completely off topic.

It took them no time at all to start half-asking their Facebook show. It was supposed to be them reacting to old vlogs, but they only dud that for the first two episodes. Now it's just taking clips from old vlogs and adding "fun facts" in pop up graphics.

I'm surprised that this isn't a breach of the contract they signed. They're being paid to do react videos, not just repackage old content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Theirmom wrote:Completely off topic.

It took them no time at all to start half-asking their Facebook show. It was supposed to be them reacting to old vlogs, but they only dud that for the first two episodes. Now it's just taking clips from old vlogs and adding "fun facts" in pop up graphics.

I'm surprised that this isn't a breach of the contract they signed. They're being paid to do react videos, not just repackage old content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Who says they signed a contract at all? They weren't on the list of names I saw if FB
produced content. I assumed they were just jumping on the new fad.

Return to “Daily Bumps”