Sarah Therese/Young Mama Vlogs

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Sarah Therese/Young Mama Vlogs

Unread post by imoverit »

I struggle with this channel, because her videos actually really interest me, but her personality is excruciating. She definitely has a superiority complex as mentioned, big time. She really tries hard to put a specific image of herself out there which I get that everyone does but hers is so... controlled? I find she drops a lot of suggestions that motherhood is so easy for her and she has so much time to do everything, implying that if you struggle with it then it's something wrong with you that she can't relate to. Like when she talks about how motivation/inspiration aren't real and it's all about "discipline." I'm glad that works for her but stop making other moms feel inferior just because you put out an edited & perfected glimpse of your life.
But again, I seem to not be able to stop watching her videos. The topics really do draw me in and she is nice to watch (until her personality shows).
mina_lv
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mina_lv »

imoverit wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:48 am I struggle with this channel, because her videos actually really interest me, but her personality is excruciating. She definitely has a superiority complex as mentioned, big time. She really tries hard to put a specific image of herself out there which I get that everyone does but hers is so... controlled? I find she drops a lot of suggestions that motherhood is so easy for her and she has so much time to do everything, implying that if you struggle with it then it's something wrong with you that she can't relate to. Like when she talks about how motivation/inspiration aren't real and it's all about "discipline." I'm glad that works for her but stop making other moms feel inferior just because you put out an edited & perfected glimpse of your life.
But again, I seem to not be able to stop watching her videos. The topics really do draw me in and she is nice to watch (until her personality shows).
Same here. I think her videos are well made but I cannot stand her. So entitled... She lost me at the Abortion video, I thought that video was extremely insensitive and the points she made were not facts. And then the latest one where she talked about “things she will never address “ OF COURSE she mentions “whether or not she vaccinated her kids... I know I’m super judgmental but you can tell by listening to how she talks that she’s part of the “vaccines cause autism” clan - and that’s her right - but it was so sketchy how she just mentioned that and the entire comment section was basically like “her silence says it all” - I also hate the way she pronounces the word “mama” it’s very irritating. I find her unnecessarily problematic
frizzzx86
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by frizzzx86 »

i dont watch her but caught her life update video and OMG how is her husband not gay? reminds me of the oprah episode where the husband turned out to be gay and the wife admits shes gay too...
westcoastblonde
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by westcoastblonde »

she's all up in her Instagram stories today saying that the #BLM movement isn't legit because black women have abortions and how dare black women have abortions.

Prior to saying these aghastly things she crticisized public school because at home school her mom taught her so much more about black history then anyone was taught in school and she's astounded that people don't know as much about black history as her.

Then she says the societal projection of a double standard towards black people is made up and the real statistics are what people need to read.

Then she laughs after saying George Floyd's murder "really sucked".

How does this woman never get called out? I swear, once a month, maybe twice, I'll check on her and I always regret it because she's so infuriating.

"George Floyd's murder really sucked..." as she laughs.

Okay, Sarah....
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

westcoastblonde wrote:she's all up in her Instagram stories today saying that the #BLM movement isn't legit because black women have abortions and how dare black women have abortions.

Prior to saying these aghastly things she crticisized public school because at home school her mom taught her so much more about black history then anyone was taught in school and she's astounded that people don't know as much about black history as her.

Then she says the societal projection of a double standard towards black people is made up and the real statistics are what people need to read.

Then she laughs after saying George Floyd's murder "really sucked".

How does this woman never get called out? I swear, once a month, maybe twice, I'll check on her and I always regret it because she's so infuriating.

"George Floyd's murder really sucked..." as she laughs.

Okay, Sarah....
I think most people who can't stand her just unfollow. I honestly forgot about her until I saw her thread just now. I find her so infuriating that I can't even hate watch. She's an entitled, ignorant piece of shit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sobinski
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sobinski »

"Some people see a bracelet on a jewelry stand for $10.99 and just buy it like that, but not me. I'm better than you, I need to blow $150 on one so I can brag about it on YouTube."
Sobinski
Informer
Informer

her last video was her trying to rationalize putting her kids in a toothpaste commercial after saying she doesn't exploit her kids on youtube. apparently it's okay if she only does it "once in a while"
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

Is she pregnant again? I kind of watched the Not Adopting vlog and at the beginning she says something about getting pregnant but nobody is talking about it.
ABCeasyas123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ABCeasyas123 »

Ugh I struggle with this channel so much. I respect that she doesn't show her kids a lot and that she doesn't invade their spaces on YouTube. But sometimes I leave videos feeling bad about myself almost...like there is an air like if you're not doing what she's doing then you're wrong or bad. She never outright says it, its just the vibe I get. I really like her decluttering videos though. and the Everlane hauls, definitely my fav brand. I need to know how the heck she has enough discipline to go to bed at 8 or 9 every night and wake up at 5 am!? was she doing this when her kids were teeny babies too? I would love to be able to do it but by the time my daughter is fully down for the night its like midnight, takes me an hour to fall asleep and by that point there's no way I can wake up at 5! Maybe someday when my daughter is older lol
Sobinski
Informer
Informer

She’s pregnant again. Time for 9 months of her bragging about how she’s better at being pregnant than anyone else
Shensness
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shensness »

ABCeasyas123 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:02 pm Ugh I struggle with this channel so much. I respect that she doesn't show her kids a lot and that she doesn't invade their spaces on YouTube. But sometimes I leave videos feeling bad about myself almost...like there is an air like if you're not doing what she's doing then you're wrong or bad. She never outright says it, its just the vibe I get. I really like her decluttering videos though. and the Everlane hauls, definitely my fav brand. I need to know how the heck she has enough discipline to go to bed at 8 or 9 every night and wake up at 5 am!? was she doing this when her kids were teeny babies too? I would love to be able to do it but by the time my daughter is fully down for the night its like midnight, takes me an hour to fall asleep and by that point there's no way I can wake up at 5! Maybe someday when my daughter is older lol
I usually can’t watch stand to watch her vlogs but the baby #4 video popped into my suggestions... yikes. That’s a lotta babies running around!

Please don’t feel bad about yourself! Remember that her husband has no job and stays home to do whatever she tells him to do all the time. While she is making another know-it-all vlog or waking up at 5am to do exercises, he is there to watch the kids. Most of us don’t have that kind of support because our spouse works outside of the home, or even we do too!
Shensness
Amateur
Amateur

If she gives birth to baby #4 at home in the bathtub again I’ll watch. That was such an incredible birth and I give her all respect. It’s probably the only video of hers I truly like, because it’s real and humble unlike most other things I’ve seen her post.
Sobinski
Informer
Informer

Brags about how she doesn’t show her kids to protect their privacy but then literally posts a whole story on Instagram detailing her kids potty training stories and then shows a clip of her daughters bare ass while eating lunch.
Blah00
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Blah00 »

It really bothered me that she looked directly at the camera after she caught her baby, instead of..you know the baby she just had...She's so narcissitic.
Shensness
Amateur
Amateur

Blah00 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 am It really bothered me that she looked directly at the camera after she caught her baby, instead of..you know the baby she just had...She's so narcissitic.
I didn’t notice that the first time I watched it, but this time I did. Eek! :|
cali_mama
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by cali_mama »

I honestly found her inspirational and loved her main channel and her other vlogging channel. But ever since Keiran started having such a huge say in her channel it all kind of went downhill for me from there. I used to love her vlogs but now, she won't show the kids, or their rooms, and it's all about her her her, her acne, her hair, like it's so superficial and borring.
Her videos are not relatable anymore, she just comes off as a know-it-all and honestly like she's better than any other mom out there because she wakes up so early, and because her kids are well-behaved and because this and because that... It's just annoying, like we get it, you are SOOO disciplined and it's cool, but that doesn't mean you're better. Just because you don't know why people use nursing bras when they are nursing, like just bleh. Sure, you don't use a nursing bra, but then you have all this other unnecessary stuff that others don't have, like to each their own, it's ok, it doesn't mean you're better!
cali_mama
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by cali_mama »

Also whatever happened to her and Bethany Fontaine's friendship? They used to be besties, and now they are both pregnant, and neither one ever says anything about the other. What went down?
Sobinski
Informer
Informer

She doesn't use a nursing bra probably because she has tiny boobs. I don't know why she needs to act like she's the second coming because she's too small for nursing bras. It's a real talent to find a way to be condescending about bras.
sjmama2018
Discord name: sjmama2018

Unread post by sjmama2018 »

Shensness wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:23 pm
Blah00 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 am It really bothered me that she looked directly at the camera after she caught her baby, instead of..you know the baby she just had...She's so narcissitic.
I didn’t notice that the first time I watched it, but this time I did. Eek! :|
Just watched her new birth vlog and she did the same thing. Its really intense and obvious how much she is staring into the camera.

Return to “Q-Z”