Off-Topic Banter Part 2

ClutchthePearls
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by ClutchthePearls »

I see no issue with TTCing if you and your man are on the same page. Definitely talk in depth about it and take time to think about it before you decide 100%. The best advice I ever had was "never make a permanent decision based on temporary feelings". Being a parent is amazing and I love it but its not for everyone. But like I said if you guys feel ready and make that decision together I see no problem with people who are stable and ready for it becoming parents.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by gypsophila »

Marriage is on another level of commitment compared to living together. Why wouldn't you want to be married first? That's rhetorical btw. The thing is, relationships come and go. If you have a baby and no true commitment, it's pretty easy for a guy to just walk away. Then you're a single mom with a baby (or two?), and an income of $20k a year, trying to finish college and get your career launched. You won't be travelling anywhere at that point. Have kids in your 20's if that's what you want. But you're setting yourself up for a fall by not finishing working on your future first. Finish college, get your career going at least. What's a couple more years?
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Speaking of marriage. For the married ladies out there how did you know your husband was the one? Engaged women as well.
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

I'm not saying it's someone here who did the meme, but it's a bit more than a coincidence as the creator knew Allyshia has two children. So it's someone who at least at one point, has followed her.

The difference between the meme thread here is that it's got a joking tone to it and much smaller audience. The meme posted on that fb fan page is like by 1mil+.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

subject99 wrote:Speaking of marriage. For the married ladies out there how did you know your husband was the one? Engaged women as well.

I've been with my guy for almost 3 years. I was dating another guy when I met him. The other guy was very mentally abusive. I had a horrific childhood and it resulted in me being constantly depressed. I self harmed and eventually attempted suicide. The other guy used to tell me it was "normal" and that I needed to "get over" myself.
I met my fiancé my junior year of high school, and I immediately caught feelings for him. And he had them for me.
It took me about 6 months to end my other relationship after about 2 years of dating.
I waited about 2 weeks to start dating Caleb.
I don't regret jumping into this relationship because we'd know each other for almost a year at that point.

He and I actually knew each other in elementary school and were in the same band class. I hated him, lol.

I knew he was the one when he first told me he loved me. I waited like 5 months to actually say it back.
And he told me... Probably... 2 months into our real relationship. He had loved me for a really long time and could never tell me because of the other guy.
So when I said it back, he cried. He was so happy. :)

I love him so much and would 100% not be alive if it wasn't for him. He helped me through so much and even though we don't have a perfect relationship, he's the only person I'm ever going to want.
He's quite literally my soulmate.

/dries tears, lol.
ClutchthePearls
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ClutchthePearls »

I do agree why not get married and enjoy each other for while first ? You may think you don't want to have that time together right now but it is really a special time with each other. My hubby and I got married and pregnant on our honeymoon so we never got the "newlywed" time and sometimes I wish we had. I would never trade our daughter for the world but she is 4 now and its so hard to find time for just us. I would say really think about it before doing it.

As far as knowing he was the one. I knew from the moment I met him. I doubt I can describe it but I just knew from the moment I met him(literally) that I had to have him. I met him my first day of work at a new job and he was my boss and even though we weren't supposed to date a few months later it just got to hard to try to fight our feelings for each other !! I swear I love that man so much :love2: .
thelittlefamilyof3
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by thelittlefamilyof3 »

I've been away recovering from surgery the last few days!! Missed all you betches :love2: :love2: :love2: What the fresh hell is going on up in here?!
http://fattypcosnomore.blogspot.com/
littlewallflower
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by littlewallflower »

thelittlefamilyof3 wrote:I've been away recovering from surgery the last few days!! Missed all you betches :love2: :love2: :love2: What the fresh hell is going on up in here?!
OMG, the gif in your siggy is cracking me up! :lol:
Hope you are recovering well!
PrettyGirl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyGirl »

Aren't you pregnant? I didn't know you could have surgery while you were! Forgive me if I'm wrong though.
thelittlefamilyof3
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by thelittlefamilyof3 »

PrettyGirl wrote:Aren't you pregnant? I didn't know you could have surgery while you were! Forgive me if I'm wrong though.
Ummm...Where did you see that I was pregnant? LOL.

And actually you can have surgery while pregnant, it's just not always best.

I had 1 herniated disc removed in my back and 2 moved back into place. Major ouch.
http://fattypcosnomore.blogspot.com/
Kierstenalexis
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kierstenalexis »

subject99 wrote:Speaking of marriage. For the married ladies out there how did you know your husband was the one? Engaged women as well.
Well me and Devan met my freshman year through mutual friends. We stayed close and began hanging out with the same group of people at least twice a week, he was and always has been my best friend. One day I just looked at him and it was like everything froze (yeah corny I know) lol I knew he was the one for me, and now we're engaged (: he saved me from an eating disorder and serious depression. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him <3
PrettyGirl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyGirl »

Your youtube but never mind I just saw the date.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:

I've been with my guy for almost 3 years. I was dating another guy when I met him. The other guy was very mentally abusive. I had a horrific childhood and it resulted in me being constantly depressed. I self harmed and eventually attempted suicide. The other guy used to tell me it was "normal" and that I needed to "get over" myself.
I met my fiancé my junior year of high school, and I immediately caught feelings for him. And he had them for me.
It took me about 6 months to end my other relationship after about 2 years of dating.
I don't regret jumping into this relationship because we'd know each other for almost a year at that point.

He and I actually knew each other in elementary school and were in the same band class. I hated him, lol.

I knew he was the one when he first told me he loved me. I waited like 5 months to actually say it back.
And he told me... Probably... 2 months into our real relationship. He had loved me for a really long time and could never tell me because of the other guy.

I love him so much and would 100% not be alive if it wasn't for him. He helped me through so much and even though we don't have a perfect relationship, he's the only person I'm ever going to want.

/dries tears, lol.
What feelings did you have though that made you know he was the one? teehee I shoukd have asked that in the questions. But im glad you found him and he saved you from that bad past.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kierstenalexis wrote:
Well me and Devan met my freshman year through mutual friends. We stayed close and began hanging out with the same group of people at least twice a week, he was and always has been my best friend. One day I just looked at him and it was like everything froze (yeah corny I know) lol I knew he was the one for me, and now we're engaged (: he saved me from an eating disorder and serious depression. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him <3
buuuut how did you know haha I should have asked what feelings made you decided he was the one.
whatsername_

subject99 wrote:
astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:

/dries tears, lol.
What feelings did you have though that made you know he was the one? teehee I shoukd have asked that in the questions. But im glad you found him and he saved you from that bad past.

Feelings?
Hm. Well, when I look at him... Hell, or even when I talk about him... My heart does little flips and I still get butterflies. He makes me laugh with everything he does and he just makes me feel... Warm inside?

Weird, lol.
Kierstenalexis
Talker
Talker

subject99 wrote:
Kierstenalexis wrote:
buuuut how did you know haha I should have asked what feelings made you decided he was the one.
Oh lol well a lot of feelings. But mainly that even after all this time he gives me butterflies like nothing else! And actually feeling loved and cared about, he has a heart if gold and it made me love him even more (:
gossip_lover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gossip_lover »

I'm always on here from mobile, but I actually got on from my laptop today and noticed I've been thanked 11 times :tyvm:
whatsername_

Guys... I'm stressing out.
My wedding is about a year away, and everyone I talk to is asking why I haven't found a dress yet.
But... Whenever I go shopping for clothes, I freak myself out and always end up crying.

I'm comfortable with my body, until I see the number on the tag. And then it literally takes weeks for me to stop obsessing.
I have BDD (body dismorphic disorder) and I'm freaking out.

Anybody have any advice so I could actually stand a chance in finding a dress? :(

Unread post by Guest »

When I wasn't afraid of the idea of marriage and suddenly realized that just being his girlfriend wasn't fulfilling enough, I wanted nothing more than to be his wife. The idea of having his last name and starting a life with him was exhilarating. I still go to bed every night knowing that marriage was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am the proudest wife, and my future became pretty clear when I just knew he was the one.

The saying "when you know, you know" is really true. And there is no explanation for it. It's that simple. When you know, you just...know. No ifs, ands, or buts. There certainly weren't any fears either. I don't fear that we will one day fall out of love. I don't fear that he will ever look at another woman in any form other than a friend or coworker, etc. In his eyes, I hung the moon, or at least he makes me feel that he feels that way.

Baby fever comes and goes, but honestly, I love the nights where we are sitting on the couch watching whatever trash tv or movie is on, dirty dishes piled in the sink from us cooking dinner together, and I look down at my hands and one hand has the beautiful ring he picked out for me and my other hand is in his, with our dog next to one of us, and nothing on the agenda for the night except hanging out and just being "friends" still. I love that we can make spur of the moment decisions to take a mini roadtrip this weekend, or that we were able to just go to the beach on Sunday, that we can stay up late and sleep in on Saturday's, all with no baby whose schedule we have to keep first and foremost. The freedom of just being "us" is a beautiful thing that I don't want to take for granted. We have plenty of time for babies, and once the first one comes, it won't be just "us" until the youngest leaves for school one day, and by then, we'll be older and who knows what situation we will be in.

To be young and selfish, only thinking about ourselves and our marriage right now is absolutely amazing, peaceful, and a beautiful time for us to figure out the kinks in our communication, finances, and the little things that we both may need to work on to keep our marriage strong.

Don't take this for granted, and once you make the decision to have kids, you can't take it back. Not saying you will regret it, but don't rob yourself of this beautiful thing. <3
Kierstenalexis
Talker
Talker

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:Guys... I'm stressing out.
My wedding is about a year away, and everyone I talk to is asking why I haven't found a dress yet.
But... Whenever I go shopping for clothes, I freak myself out and always end up crying.

I'm comfortable with my body, until I see the number on the tag. And then it literally takes weeks for me to stop obsessing.
I have BDD (body dismorphic disorder) and I'm freaking out.

Anybody have any advice so I could actually stand a chance in finding a dress? :(
Those kind of dresses are made sooo different from regular clothes. You'll have to buy it a bit bigger more than likely, just so it fits the way it should. Doesn't mean your big. Things just fit different (: my prom dress was a 14, and I was a size 8 at the time! You have to accommodate certain parts of the body unfortunately /:

Return to “Off Topic Archive”