Cullen and Katie part 2

FitMom
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie part 2

Unread post by FitMom »

ProSubscriber wrote:Gaines' birthday party looks super tacky. I'm not into their style in the first place, though. I find the clothes they dress her in are ugly too.

Yeah, I don't like most the clothes she wears. Not my style.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I don't care for the clothes they put on MG either - not my style. But what I think is silly is that they usually doll her up in these outfits with hair bows and such while they two of them typically dress dumpy in sweats and tees.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

minmouse wrote:I agree about Katie taping MG when she was upset about the balloons. The poor kid! I kept waiting for Katie to stop filming and pick her up to console her. Or take her out of the store so she didn't have to hear the helium tank. And I thought it was weird to keep sticking the paci in her mouth to get her to stop crying. My kids never used a paci so maybe people do that? She should have given her a hug.
I've noticed they use the paci to get her to stop talking when it's inconvenient also. That kid's gonna be dependent on it. The other morning when Cullen went to get MG out of bed, she had two paci's. He took one out of her mouth and she immediately put the other one in. My goddaughter never really took a paci and I'm hoping my kids won't need one. I know it's nice to get the kid quite for a bit but... I'd rather spend a little extra time cuddling them than having a lifetime of dental issues.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I loved the first birthday montage. It was really sweet. I hated how Bryan was in it though. He did leave out Ollie and Mithy though! I loved Jackson hugging her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I loved the birthday montage too!!! Cullen made me tear up at the beginning and then i was in full on tears by the end. He loves that baby girl so much, they both do, but she's got her daddy wrapped around her little finger and its heart warming and adorable to see. The scenes with his dad really got me. <3
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

bffb3 wrote:Image

I call bullshit.
Also, isn't putting a rug outside the worst idea ever?
that rug is specifically for outdoor use. We have one similar. Its basically one of those grass mats you use at the beach only made from recycled plastic. Its totally water proof and can be hosed down. We love ours.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

So, what did everyone think of the birthday party? I thought it was too much, and tacky, if I'm being honest. Sometimes less is more.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

I thought it was sweet. She is their miracle and they went a bit overboard, but I don't see anyone ever regretting doing too much for their rainbow babies.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:So, what did everyone think of the birthday party? I thought it was too much, and tacky, if I'm being honest. Sometimes less is more.
I thought as a former American Girl employee the baby doll was WAY too much for a 1 year old, they're $50 heads held by a string

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

A one year old can't even play with an American Girll baby doll! It just seems like if they wanted to go overboard, go overboard on age appropriate gifts! Sometimes it seems like they want her to be a little girl asap instead of enjoying her babyhood. It goes so fast-- don't push her to be older than she is!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

When I was like 7-10 I was obsessed with American Girl dolls but they were too expensive, though I did get the magazine every month to look at the cool stuff we couldn't afford lol. The draw of it, for me at least, was that you could design her to look just like you, and all of the accessories to help her match.

It's a very nice present but not quite for a one year old, you could just get her a regular doll, since the fun of american girl is the customization. Waste of money, but maybe seven year old me is just jealous lol
KatB11182014
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KatB11182014 »

I think grandolly got her the American girl doll. She did the same for Madelyn and Emily for their first birthdays too if I recall. It's sort of a tradition for her.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Grandolly got her the Bitty Baby. It isn't a typical AG doll and can be played with right now. Dolly made a comment in another vlog that she had bought Emily and Madeline their first bitty baby and wanted to do so for Gaines as well. I consider it more as a heirloom gift that can be played with, I would rather have that than a silver cup or spoon. My kids all have had BB's before moving up to the full 18" AG dolls and they were just baby dolls to be played with in our house. Very nice, durable, baby dolls. :)

MG's party was darling. I loved it all. I think Katie and Dolly did an amazing job with everything. First birthdays are huge for us and we celebrate huge, I done think it was over the top huge at all. I did want to smack the little girl who kept getting in front of the camera during presents though. Where were her parents? Do people not parent anymore?

I still like K and C. I don't agree with everything they do and say but I relate to them much more than I do with any other vloggers. I also dress my kids the way they dress Gaines, with big ass bows too! We are about the same age and have a lot in common. I don't agree with the asshattery of Cullen but still like them.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Alright, I can understand if it's a tradition then. Rich people, man.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I thought the party was sweet. They deserve to go all out and celebrate - they waited a long time for MG and they adore her. It looked like a nice day with family and friends, a very happy celebration.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

ladymama wrote:I thought it was sweet. She is their miracle and they went a bit overboard, but I don't see anyone ever regretting doing too much for their rainbow babies.

What is a "rainbow baby"?
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
ladymama wrote:I thought it was sweet. She is their miracle and they went a bit overboard, but I don't see anyone ever regretting doing too much for their rainbow babies.

What is a "rainbow baby"?
The rainbow after the storm. A baby after a loss.[HEAVY BLACK HEART]

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:Grandolly got her the Bitty Baby. It isn't a typical AG doll and can be played with right now. Dolly made a comment in another vlog that she had bought Emily and Madeline their first bitty baby and wanted to do so for Gaines as well. I consider it more as a heirloom gift that can be played with, I would rather have that than a silver cup or spoon. My kids all have had BB's before moving up to the full 18" AG dolls and they were just baby dolls to be played with in our house. Very nice, durable, baby dolls. :)

MG's party was darling. I loved it all. I think Katie and Dolly did an amazing job with everything. First birthdays are huge for us and we celebrate huge, I done think it was over the top huge at all. I did want to smack the little girl who kept getting in front of the camera during presents though. Where were her parents? Do people not parent anymore?

I still like K and C. I don't agree with everything they do and say but I relate to them much more than I do with any other vloggers. I also dress my kids the way they dress Gaines, with big ass bows too! We are about the same age and have a lot in common. I don't agree with the asshattery of Cullen but still like them.

I agree with every word of this, from the Bitty Baby, to the party being so freaking cute (although yellow isnt a color i would pick, it completely makes sense and goes with the You Are My Sunshine theme. Its just personally my least favorite color lol) to the fact that i really do like C&K. I am close to their age, live in the same region and totally relate to them (and yes i dressed my daughter the same lol) Cullen can be annoying at times, and i do disagree with some of the things he has said and done in the past, but he is a loving and hands on father that is over the moon about his daughter. Katie is a wonderful mom and she is so grateful for Gaines and it shows.
OH and i was getting ticked at the kids opening her presents for her as well. Note to all parents, do not let that kid be your kid!!!! LOL
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

At my nephews first birthday party everyone was getting upset with me because I wouldn't let my almost 3 year old help him open the presents. I think it's rude and totally judge parents that let their kids do that! My daughter sits in my lap and we talk about what gifts are being opened. After it's done, she is allowed to ask birthday kid (or parents) if she can look and gently play with new toys.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ladymama wrote:At my nephews first birthday party everyone was getting upset with me because I wouldn't let my almost 3 year old help him open the presents. I think it's rude and totally judge parents that let their kids do that! My daughter sits in my lap and we talk about what gifts are being opened. After it's done, she is allowed to ask birthday kid (or parents) if she can look and gently play with new toys.

Those parents are also probably the parents that buy siblings gifts on other siblings birthday's "so they dont feel left out".......... What about the birthday kid? Are they not allowed to feel like the center of attention ON THEIR BIRTHDAY? the one day that should be all about that one kid?? Thank makes me even madder...

Return to “Cullen and Katie”