TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTV - Part 19

nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloorTV - Part 19

Unread post by nickypicky »

Jaeme wrote:Haha, whoever posted this...you're awesome.

Princess Beige is going to end up having an aneurysm.
how many minion's do you think just will not "get" the joke and a flood of "She' s a Girl" will erupt! :rofl:
Nesoi
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nesoi »

And the lies keep coming:
''I actually heard that she is 33 but as they know their audience is mostly tweens and teens they want her more relatable for the audience. My sister who is 32 went to school with her and said Anna was in the year above her. That is why she is so settled. She's just acting her age. :)''
Image]Image Image
I do my best work in the twilight zone.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Nesoi wrote:And the lies keep coming:
''I actually heard that she is 33 but as they know their audience is mostly tweens and teens they want her more relatable for the audience. My sister who is 32 went to school with her and said Anna was in the year above her. That is why she is so settled. She's just acting her age. :)''
what? I'm all for controversy but that sounds like bullshit to me. unless I see proof.

edit: can we find her birth year somewhere? I'm quite curious, I have to admit!
Last edited by geekinthepink on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMZ-xo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IMZ-xo »

How, what age does she claim she is?
Jaeme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jaeme »

IMZ-xo wrote:How, what age does she claim she is?
Think she's 25
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IMZ-xo wrote:How, what age does she claim she is?

proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

Could that person just have said that to irritate Anna? I mean she does look much older than her age, especially with all those fine lines, but perhaps they're just saying it to piss off Anna.
IMZ-xo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IMZ-xo »

Mmm I would've guessed she was in her late twenties but people mostly look older than they are anyway.
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

WHOA WHAT DIRT! 25 OR 33 ??? :D :o
flipflop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by flipflop »

I call BS.
If your sister was in the year below Anna and your sister is 32, it would be absolute certain she is 33, you wouldn't say 'I heard' and then go on to state a fact. If your going to lie, first tip, is to make it sound consistant,!
zombfied
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zombfied »

She sure looks 33 sometimes... :o I am sure its rubbish though, weren't there comments made by girls from the same school before? About how she was a princess in school too, so surely if she was lying about her age they would have definitely said something then! Nothing like getting the truth out there
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

successfully pissed off a minion:

dolliedays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dolliedays »

Not sure if this is the original source for this article on J&A, or if you girls have already seen this but I just ran across it and thought it was hillarious!

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-259206958.html
zombfied
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zombfied »

MrJiminyCrickett (I cant remember which one of you it is) is on FIRE this evening! God the minions are idiotic.

Favorite comment has to be...

"what charity did you donate to?

MrJiminyCrickett: JofattyGymFund Charity "
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

dolliedays wrote:Not sure if this is the original source for this article on J&A, or if you girls have already seen this but I just ran across it and thought it was hillarious!

would have liked to read it until the end but you have to log in to some website. first bit was funny though!
Nesoi
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nesoi »

That wasn't my sister who supposedly went to school with Anna, sorry, I was quoting someone from today's vlog. It may explain a lot. Think how many celebs lie about their age. Am sure someone will find out the truth. :D
Image]Image Image
Nesoi
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nesoi »

:mock: :FU:
geekinthepink wrote:
dolliedays wrote:Not sure if this is the original source for this article on J&A, or if you girls have already seen this but I just ran across it and thought it was hillarious!

would have liked to read it until the end but you have to log in to some website. first bit was funny though!
geek guess what you can HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES MY PRESENT TO YOU, THE ARTICLE IN FULL ENJOY:

Our 'Truman Show'... or just another way of making money on the web?(Sport)

The Mail on Sunday (London, England)
June 19, 2011

Byline: by Catherine Murphy

AFTER five minutes watching and listening to Jonathan Joly, I'm thinking the impossible: there is someone even more annoying than Jedward on the planet. Joly, a 31-year-old Dubliner, has uploaded a video to YouTube that's devoted to slicing and toasting bagels for breakfast. It's not the bagel-slicing that's infuriating, it's the goofy stream of consciousness, the quasi-American accent and impromptu singing that do it. 'What's this drivel?' I mutter indignantly. 'Does anyone ever tell this guy to shut up? Where did he get that accent? What is he talking about?' I appear to be what Joly calls a 'hater', someone who unkindly criticises his video blogs - or 'vlogs' in geek-talk.

I shut down his bagel-slicing session and open another video in which, after a few minutes of yapping, he does the decent thing and tells himself to shut up. It all amounts to what Joly calls displaying his 'inner idiot' for the amusement of viewers and if I don't find it entertaining, thousands of other You Tube regulars do.

Joly, from Terenure, works in creative digital media - he runs a studio that makes commercials - and is engaged to 23-year-old Anna Saccone. Born in Baltimore, Maryland, to a half-Irish mother and an Italian father, she has lived in Cork since she was seven (but has retained her American accent) and is forging a career for herself as a stylist, with her website thestylediet.com. The pair have already selfpublished her book, also called the Style Diet, which advises teenage girls how to improve their body image through the way they dress rather than by dieting. It hasn't exactly rocked the book charts, so far selling just a few hundred copies online.

Saccone and Joly, who met at university four years ago, seem an incongruous pair. With his beard, tattoos and slightly dishevelled rocker vibe, he looks like a character from Jackass (without the madcap stunts) or the movie School Of Rock. She's a petite, girl-next-door type with stunning looks.

Every day for over a year, they have uploaded videos of their daily life to You Tube in a show called The SacconeJolys. Their two maltese terrier puppies, Albi and Sina, feature regularly and Jonathan becomes Jofus in the show. With average daily hits on YouTube of between 6,000 and 8,000, the couple have accumulated two million hits all together but are only now gaining media attention in Ireland.

Their viewers, they say, are from all over Europe and America and are aged anywhere between 13 and 60.

One of their most popular vlogs was Jonathan's proposal to Anna, a down-on-one-knee affair that endeared him far more to the viewer than his bagel-slicing babble. The couple will marry in Sorrento in September and yes, of course, they will vlog on the day. It's what they do.

The first impression of SacconeJolys is that it's a kind of Truman Show, like the film in which Jim Carrey's life is turned into a TV show. Second impression is that they're a kind of Dan & Becs, the hapless south Dublin couple in RTE's comedy send-up who recorded their relationship's up and downs in a confessional video diary.

In fact, they're neither.

Jonathan studied in Cork, London and Bournemouth, gaining an MSc in digital media production and a degree in interactive media. He spent some of his formative school years in Terenure College but was moved to a school in Ballsbridge that dealt with, as he puts it, kids with emotional problems. He talks of being bullied at school and his tough childhood.

Anna, the daughter of a respected Italian professor and writer, Eduardo Saccone, dropped out of a degree course in UCC but later studied fashion at the Arts University College in Bournemouth, where she met Jonathan. She cites her dad, who died of cancer, as a major inspiration. Before the SacconeJolys' show ever began, Anna was the top subscribed Irish female on YouTube, with thousands of girls from all over the world tuning in for her regular make-up and style vlogs. As well as their You Tube channels, Anna and Jonathan both have their own websites, which heavily cross-promote. With Anna's model looks, it's no surprise that Jonathan features photographs of her on his professional site. For outsiders the relationship seems as much about business as about love.

well as their You Tube channels, Anna and Jonathan both have their own websites, which heavily cross-promote. With Anna's model looks, it's no surprise that Jonathan features photographs of her on his professional site. For outsiders the relationship seems as much about business as about love.

Certainly, the SacconeJolys is no Big Brother foray into every corner of their household and lives. You don't see inside their bedroom or their bathroom; there's no bad language, arguments or even intimate moments - and no live webcam. Instead, over a period of five or six hours each day, the couple shoot 40 minutes of video and later upload 15 or 20 minutes of edited 'highlights'. Joly refers to their 'daily TV show', their 'network' and their 'channels'. But he admits it's the most mundane, anodyne stuff - choosing between pretzels and nuts at the supermarket, paying a parking ticket, having a cup of tea, making breakfast or walking the dog - that they upload. The sheer banality of what they shoot led one radio presenter to ask Joly during a recent interview: 'How is this entertaining? It's so trivial, why would anyone watch it? Why do you do this?' 'Trivial but genuine' is Joly's defence. He says mainstream media is too packaged, too full of fake celebs and calls his videos 'unorganised media' in which he doesn't censor his inner idiot. But if TV3 or RTE were to come calling? One vlog shows him clearly excited about travelling to Dublin to be interviewed on a mainstream radio station. Currently, he makes his living from his studio job while Anna says she makes hers from her beauty vlog and style consultations. Her vlogs are basic, shot in the kitchen or living room of their modern home in Blackrock, Cork. They're designed to be simple, she says, like a friend giving you advice on how to apply make-up or what to wear on a night out.

So why the SacconeJolys? Are they just fame-seeking wannabes? Viewings of their YouTube videos inevitably push up traffic to their websites and, as YouTube partners, the more popular they become, the bigger percentage they earn from advertising revenue. They claim they've signed a non-disclosure contract that doesn't allow them to discuss their earnings from YouTube.

'People think I just want to be famous or become an actor but that's not true,' Jonathan says. 'And it's not about trying to make a fast buck either because apart from a unique few, that doesn't happen. We are literally content developers - we're there to increase YouTube audience figures.

'Our first video was watched by 100 people. It's taken a year to build the figures and it's been a lot of hard work. I'm not going to lie, it would be awesome to be a big success on YouTube but you need 300,000 or 400,000 hits a day to make a lot of money. We're getting 6,000.

'But the potential is there to make a living, to make a heck of a living. Mass media is moving away from mainstream, even TV, to interactive and I want to be part of that.

'When I'm recording, I'm not acting. Anyone who knows me will tell you that's how I am all the time. I'll break into a song if I feel like it. I have a head full of characters. I play the clown and I don't mind being taken for a fool but, obviously, we wouldn't be in this position if there wasn't some thought process going into what we're doing. As far as I'm aware, no one else in Ireland is doing this so I feel I've innovated. A lot of thought goes into how what we're doing can be developed and marketed.' He also claims that a missionary zeal underlies his annoying joie de vivre. As a result of his tough childhood, the bullying and his parents' divorce, his vlogs are often motivational, urging younger viewers to have confidence and make the most of life.

'After leaving school, I was a messup for years. I failed my Leaving because I was too preoccupied with other stuff. I made mistakes but have learned from those mistakes.

So at 26, I went to college, a vocational college in Cork, then later got a degree. I started pursuing the life I wanted, the work I wanted and I got the girl I wanted. There's no bad language or making out with Anna in the show because we're aware that a lot of viewers are younger and we feel a bit responsible for what they're watching.' He's far from oblivious to the criticisms fired at his semi-American accent, his offbeat humour, his sheer banality. 'We get a lot of hate,' he says. 'Not as much as you might expect on YouTube because the more anonymous a site is, the more hateful the comments. But I get comments telling me I'm fat, that I'm a deformed gremlin, that I should get my teeth fixed, that I'm boring - asking what Anna is even doing with me.

'I don't mind what people say - people are entitled to express their opinion. Going through a tough childhood makes you very resilient later on. In fact, Anna is far more open to bitchy comments on her beauty vlog.

'On the plus side, we also get a lot of very nice comments. As someone who was a loner for years, it's been very easy for me to make friends online. If I'm having a bad day, I'll go on the channel and will be cheered up by some of the comments.

'We've had people laughing and crying at our vlogs. I'm 100% honest, I've discussed everything including family disputes. I do the ordinary stuff that everyone does but doesn't want to admit. People relate to that.' Bagels, babble and banality

CAPTION(S):

PET SUBJECT: The couple's terriers feature prominently

MIDATLANTIC: Jonathan and Anna celebrate Thanksgiing

Madcap: The online 'vlog' is relentless in its effort to be upbeat

STRAIN: Tea-making features a lot too - but no lovemaking

CHRISTMAS TWEE: January's snow was a real highlight

LOOKER: Anna Saccone also has her own style advice YouTube channel LOOKER: Anna Saccone also has her own style advice YouTube channel
Image]Image Image
Nesoi
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nesoi »

'AFTER five minutes watching and listening to Jonathan Joly, I'm thinking the impossible: there is someone even more annoying than Jedward on the planet...Does anyone ever tell this guy to shut up? Where did he get that accent? What is he talking about?'' - lmfao

Saccone and Joly, who met at university four years ago, seem an incongruous pair. - Yup

With Anna's model looks, it's no surprise that Jonathan features photographs of her on his professional site. For outsiders the relationship seems as much about business as about love. - VERY INTERESTING OBSERVATION! :D

'But the potential is there to make a living, to make a heck of a living.' - CUE EMILIA KERCHING CHING CHING $$$$

'I get comments telling me I'm fat, that I'm a deformed gremlin, that I should get my teeth fixed, that I'm boring - asking what Anna is even doing with me...As someone who was a loner for years, it's been very easy for me to make friends online.' :fit: :bozo:

'There's no bad language or making out with Anna in the show because we're aware that a lot of viewers are younger and we feel a bit responsible for what they're watching.' - I don't think so
Image]Image Image
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sand and water »

^^ I wonder what that writer would say about them now ;)
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
Valentino
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Valentino »

With Anna's model looks

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”