#stepsaroundourshoebox

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by onbreak »

Popcorn wrote:The uploaded a video called "New Apartment Home Tour." One might think they'd moved into a new apartment? No, it's just a tour of the same shoebox we have seen every last inch of over the past several months that they've been living there. But they thought they'd still do a tour because, in Corbin's words "it's still kinda new."
My love, what should we vlog tomorrow?
This fucking shithole
Everyone is renting rv's .. I watch full-time RV families .. they won't be harassed for living in one, maybe more respected given their travel history

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:They seem to be creating an unhealthy environment when one parent "can't" leave the baby with another parent for a short period of time, and the parent alone with the baby is confined to the apartment just waiting for the other to get home. Corbin could have put June in her stroller and taken a short walk outside to try to stop her from crying. It's good for parents to be able to have alone time, and Kelsey and Corbin clearly are fostering exactly the opposite of this attitude and acting as if they can only successfully cope with parenting when they tag team it. They both need to learn how to be June's sole caretaker for a few hours at a time and not to feel bad for leaving her for a few hours in the other's care.
This is especially important because YouTube is not a guaranteed living. Nothing is, really. Stuff can happen. They need to be able to take care of June for at least a couple of hours alone. This helplessness and not being able to handle things is not endearing. They need to start adulting. They wanted to be parents, and taking care of the kid on your own once in a while, or even all week, if your partner has a job, is part of that. What if YouTube tanks, and Corbin has to get a job? Kelsey needs to be able to cope.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Corbin just has this perpetual victim complex. It was the health insurance company's fault that they didn't pay their premium and almost had their coverage cancelled. He'll just yell and curse at the poor rep who had the misfortune of taking his call until they fix "their" mistake. The food truck employee dared to not have time to make Corbin his Oreo shake. The other hiker joking about a cougar offended Corbin because he was holding a baby at the time. Even Kelsey thought Corbin was complaining excessively about the damn Oreo milkshake and said that the hiker probably didn't realize he had a baby in the carrier. I think she stands a chance of being mostly functional if she wasn't deferring to Corbin all the time and living under his thumb.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Corbin just has this perpetual victim complex. It was the health insurance company's fault that they didn't pay their premium and almost had their coverage cancelled. He'll just yell and curse at the poor rep who had the misfortune of taking his call until they fix "their" mistake. The food truck employee dared to not have time to make Corbin his Oreo shake. The other hiker joking about a cougar offended Corbin because he was holding a baby at the time. Even Kelsey thought Corbin was complaining excessively about the damn Oreo milkshake and said that the hiker probably didn't realize he had a baby in the carrier. I think she stands a chance of being mostly functional if she wasn't deferring to Corbin all the time and living under his thumb.
I'm not even sure that other hiker was joking. First of all, that wasn't even a "joke" that made any sense. Secondly, there have been quite a few cougar sightings just this week in the exact area they were hiking.

I'm guessing Corbin bought Kelsey art supplies for Mother's Day.

I wish Corbin would quit the "Cobin's Crazy Comments" thing. It makes him look so foolish and full of himself.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I find it CRAZY that Corbin was fine to go out drinking all night with his brother and friend last week, but Kelsey can't even go out with her mom for a Mother's Day pedicure without getting a guilt trip and Corbin acting like a baby about the baby??? He's just such an asshole.

Another thing...Corbin hasn't seen his parents since before Christmas - that's getting close to six months!! It's so weird since they even saw them on their road trip, then again in Oregon and the last time in Idaho. I'm SOOOO curious to know what happened behind the scenes!!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Why would Corbin even mention the comment about June being ugly? Is that something he would want to look back on one day? Or have Juniper watch? Some of the comments are mildly funny or just strange, so include those. Don't advertise hateful comments by forever capturing them on the vlog!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I find it CRAZY that Corbin was fine to go out drinking all night with his brother and friend last week, but Kelsey can't even go out with her mom for a Mother's Day pedicure without getting a guilt trip and Corbin acting like a baby about the baby??? He's just such an asshole.

Another thing...Corbin hasn't seen his parents since before Christmas - that's getting close to six months!! It's so weird since they even saw them on their road trip, then again in Oregon and the last time in Idaho. I'm SOOOO curious to know what happened behind the scenes!!
I'm guessing his perpetual victimhood created a rift with his parents. He probably felt entitled to something or additional financial help and they told him to grow up and figure it out now that he's a father himself. I don't think he has held down any one job for more than a few weeks or months at a time, and his parents probably got tired of bailing him out and told him to find a way to support a family long-term. He strikes me as the type that would totally use a baby as leverage.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The thousand dollar Mother's Day splurge doesn't make a lot of sense either considered they're probably earning around $3,200 monthly from YouTube now with 43,000 daily views and dropping. I imagine they are paid a little bit for their BabyLeague videos? That doesn't add up to a comfortable living.

I think they're leasing the car, assuming it wasn't another generous gift from Bryan and Missy.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

HashtagBlessed wrote:The thousand dollar Mother's Day splurge doesn't make a lot of sense either considered they're probably earning around $3,200 monthly from YouTube now with 43,000 daily views and dropping. I imagine they are paid a little bit for their BabyLeague videos? That doesn't add up to a comfortable living.

I think they're leasing the car, assuming it wasn't another generous gift from Bryan and Missy.
In their "Hate Only Hurts" video, Kelsey made it sounds like that they need the sponsorsed video to survive. It obviously seems like it is not the case when they can spend money on expensive items (with handout or not). I hope there will be more backlash on their next sponsored video. They are just couple of lying crybabies.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:The thousand dollar Mother's Day splurge doesn't make a lot of sense either considered they're probably earning around $3,200 monthly from YouTube now with 43,000 daily views and dropping. I imagine they are paid a little bit for their BabyLeague videos? That doesn't add up to a comfortable living.

They've been dropping a ton of $$$ the last two weeks - and on things they WANT, not need. Makes me think they are getting a lot of brand deal money now, on top of what they are getting from Baby League and YT. And we only seeing what they want to show on the videos.

Also, I don't know why he needed the iPad Pro for Kelsey to do "art." Seems excessive...unless he's planning to actually use it more than she does. Although, my guess is she'll use it more for Netflix than "art." I'm going to bet the $100 Apple Pencil will be lost within a week.

Once again, Corbin fails to mention his own mom.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

They stuck the tablet with a paint app open in front of June and as she was slapping her hands all over the iPad Corbin is saying things like
"Aweeee Juneee you're an artisst" "it's your first paaaainting" "are you going to like painting?" "Awe my love she's erasing"

Gag me
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

alyssadt wrote:They stuck the tablet with a paint app open in front of June and as she was slapping her hands all over the iPad Corbin is saying things like
"Aweeee Juneee you're an artisst" "it's your first paaaainting" "are you going to like painting?" "Awe my love she's erasing"

Gag me
I understand how this type of thing could be cute for the parents, but they could have cut it down to a fifteen-second clip because in the end, it's just a baby doing what babies do. But of course, gotta get those set-up clickbait shots.

Now they're looking at houses. How long will it be until they buy or rent a house? You can tell they really don't want to be in the apartment after their lease is up in December. If they do buy, it'll be truly interesting to see how they come up with the money.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
alyssadt wrote:They stuck the tablet with a paint app open in front of June and as she was slapping her hands all over the iPad Corbin is saying things like

Gag me
I understand how this type of thing could be cute for the parents, but they could have cut it down to a fifteen-second clip because in the end, it's just a baby doing what babies do. But of course, gotta get those set-up clickbait shots.

Now they're looking at houses. How long will it be until they buy or rent a house? You can tell they really don't want to be in the apartment after their lease is up in December. If they do buy, it'll be truly interesting to see how they come up with the money.
Sorry, there is NO WAY they can afford a house in Portland. Prices are at CRAZY all-time highs. They would have a hard time staying within an area they like without paying $500,000+. There's always North Portland, which is more affordable, but even houses there are more like $400,000 - and usually older and need work.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm wondering if they are going to try to find a Realtor and look at houses - because that's great clickbait :? - but most Realtors will make you get pre-approved for a mortgage before they waste their time showing unqualified people houses.

If they keep bringing in the YT and related SM money, I bet they move to a rental house by the end of the summer.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So the Dock-A-Tot WAS FREE! The owner of Trending Family, who they are signed with, just had a baby and they were just sent a free one too. Yep, it wasn't "sponsored," but it was some sort of "integrated ad." I guess that's sort of like product placement deal.

FFS, the way YTers describe their #ADs is getting interesting/annoying these days. And most don't even disclose their ads at all. It's all basically lies!

Seriously, watching YT over the past year is like "find the ad they aren't disclosing!" It's really disgusting, but it's true. Some YTers are honest, so you know the others with the same deals ARE LYING! It's just bizarre.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:

Gag me

Sorry, there is NO WAY they can afford a house in Portland. Prices are at CRAZY all-time highs. They would have a hard time staying within an area they like without paying $500,000+. There's always North Portland, which is more affordable, but even houses there are more like $400,000 - and usually older and need work.
Wasn't one of rentals they showed themselves touring before they signed their current lease a small single family home? They didn't like that it wasn't walkable and I think Corbin insinuated it was "low rent" but I wouldn't be surprised if they realized they need more space and a yard and are now willing to sacrifice the "trendy area" for a house rental. They also have a car now, so they don't need to live in a central location. They're definitely not in a position to buy, but I look at houses all the time on Redfin for fun. It doesn't mean I can afford any of them. I definitely don't see them coming up with a down payment, but I could see them renting a house.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I re-watched the video- Corbin said the neighborhood was "sketchy." But at this point I could see them moving to a small two bedroom house in a less than awesome area just for the space and yard. He mentioned it was the most expensive rental they looked at, but it looked super cute so I think if they can swing it they'll be moving to a rental house.

ETA: Gotta love the comments section. Someone is telling them to just do it and buy a house because it's better to build equity than pay rent every month. Hahaha first you have to have a down payment and qualify for a low interest rate.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I find it CRAZY that Corbin was fine to go out drinking all night with his brother and friend last week, but Kelsey can't even go out with her mom for a Mother's Day pedicure without getting a guilt trip and Corbin acting like a baby about the baby??? He's just such an asshole.

I'm guessing his perpetual victimhood created a rift with his parents. He probably felt entitled to something or additional financial help and they told him to grow up and figure it out now that he's a father himself. I don't think he has held down any one job for more than a few weeks or months at a time, and his parents probably got tired of bailing him out and told him to find a way to support a family long-term. He strikes me as the type that would totally use a baby as leverage.
Oh you KNOW that's exactly what happened. Imo Corbin either wanted money so they could buy/rent a big apartment in a hipster area or a car. I'll bet they said hell no, as most people would if their adult son and his wife who both neglected to at least try and find jobs wanted $$$$ to move an expensive city far away just because. June's pretty much the only card he has to play right now and we know how petty Corbin is so he's no doubt punishing them by refusing to let them visit.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I doubt they will buy, not only does it seem they wouldnt be able to afford anything like what they want in that area, but i also don't see them staying in Portland forever.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”