Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by lmmomSD »

woahnow wrote:
cynthiadancer wrote:Has Katie always worn her ring on her right hand? Where's her wedding rings in their most recent sit down? (I have not been watching their videos so maybe she explained already)
Her wedding rings may be too big since she recently lost/is losing weight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I doubt that unless she got them sized up when she was heavier. She was skinny when she married Cullen. So her rings would probably fit fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'm guessing Cullen is only allowed in the garage. :D :D :D

That video said to me: Katie is done and OVER it with Cullen's shit.

I find it odd how many of you defend Cullen when he acts like a SHITHEAD DRUNK 80% of the time. Would you want to be married to that guy? NOPE!
Mommy0912
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mommy0912 »

Did they ever come out and say what he was addicted to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Im gonna play Devil's Advocate in favour of Katie here and everything I say is not neccessarily my opinion but I just want to put a different perspective on some things:

Maybe Katie did want to share the addiction issues but Cullen didn't. She pretty much gave the game away on KOTFS with her book choices.

Maybe Katie getting her shit together is what Cullen needed to see how far from normality he was. He was starting to do a bit of KonMari etc with her wasn't he? Maybe that was the wake up call that showed him what a bad place he was in.....along with something they said did happen last weekend.

Its possible to be a big drinker/partier and not be an addict. While Katie may have been drinking a lot also she was able to stop when she decided she wanted to without needing to go back. In Cullen's head he might be thinking "If im an addict then she must be too because she used to drink lots too".

Perhaps Katie hadn't planned on quitting work completely when Gaines was a baby but had to because Cullen couldn't care for Gaines. Remember Cullen was stay at home daddy at first? well he said in the podcast that he was drinking a lot after Gaines was born so something very well could have happened which meant Katie had to be at home.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If Cullen was drinking so much after Gaines, they shouldn’t have had Brooke’s, moved to a larger house, purchased the new vehicles they did, etc.

A lot of bad decisions were made by both Cullen and Katie. I really do believe she was drinking too. A supportive spouse isn’t going to drink if they want the other to quit. It’s easier to make the house “dry” to limit temptation.

It just doesn’t make sense to me that Katie was trying to support Cullen this whole time and didn’t have issues herself.

woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

After the new vlog I definitely think something happened between him and katie. He took the kids to chuckecheese alone. Meaning he wasnt just away from them because of detoxing. I know they said they took a short break. I'm just so curious as to what happened. At first I was thinking some kind of abuse maybe but I dont think she would let him be around the kids if that was the case. In Katie's video when shes asking for no one to ask for details and says shes still trying to process what happened she gets teary eyed. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... bbcd5f.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Katie is making SURE everyone knows that this is Cullen’s problem. She says “I wanted things to change”, “I’m the outside person”, “this is Cullen’s problem” and then reiterates not to ask HER for specifics. Everything about her holier than thou attitude rubs me the wrong way.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

auntasaurus19 wrote:Katie is making SURE everyone knows that this is Cullen’s problem. She says “I wanted things to change”, “I’m the outside person”, “this is Cullen’s problem” and then reiterates not to ask HER for specifics. Everything about her holier than thou attitude rubs me the wrong way.

Exactly. I don't mind her being angry if he shared things she didn't want to share, and I even understand anger over him having an addiction. It's a normal reaction, at first, anyway. It really messes up the life that you think you're going to have. And she probably blames his addiction for the channel going downhill. She had to have known he had a problem for a long time, though. I don't buy that this is any kind of surprise to her. And being pissed that he shared it, then racing to make her own video and tell her side and throw him under the bus is a bit hypocritical.
I think it's good that Cullen is sharing his "journey". Like Playsinrain said, you never know who might be watching and get help because he shared his story. I'm not going to go so far as to say he's a great guy, because I still think he's a man-child. But he's trying, from what I can see. And Katie needs to figure out if she's angry with Cullen for being an addict, or if she's angry that he dumped out their dirty laundry. Obviously, she is entitled to her feelings either way. But acting like she's better than him isn't ok. Honestly, if they are going to share this, they should _both_ stick to talking about themselves. Neither one of them should be telling tales about the other. There's a saying in AA that when you point a finger, you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

What KOTFS video does she go over books she’s reading? It wasn’t clearly labeled when I went to go check.

*PERSONAL STUFF IF YOU DONT CARE AND WANT TO SKIP*

It’s been tough reading about the possible misuse of ADHD meds. It’s a sensitive topic for me, as I too am severely ADHD and have been medicated since I was a child.

I think it’s clear he wasn’t always properly treated, I think it was too late. He needed to be on the meds in HS and college before he started all the drinking and partying. There are studies (I think by Russell Barkley) that show if taken in childhood, ADHD meds help change the brain structure and improve ADHD over a period of time?

People with ADHD have a high risk of developing an addiction. We’re impulsive. Our lives are “now” and “not now”. It’s hard to think of the long term effects of our actions at times. We also have issues with dopamine and get that rush from other substances such as alcohol and weed.

I feel as if Katie should be aware of this, she studied child psychology. ADHD is a developmental disorder that usually diagnosed in childhood. So she would have had to known the subject? But I have the feeling neither of them are addressing his ADHD. I think that’s a big thing. Being an addict is complex, being an addict with ADHD just adds to that.

It’s annoying to watch the videos of them beating around the bush. Especially with my adhd haha. It’s a 30 min video of rambling. I have trouble highlighting the important points. (Appreciate the summary posts here)

I stopped watched them years ago. Maybe back in 2015? I only really watched them when they were in DB or EJ cross over vlogs.

But I went back and watched that fish tank video. Omg. That was awful. It was clear there was a huge issue. I don’t even know why they’d post that!

I think it’s sad that fish tank video was almost a year ago and only now has he truly hit rock bottom. I feel for them losing that time. Especially when it comes to the children.

But some part of me feels like a pessimist? Somewhat like ShayCarl’s situation. I don’t feel this is going to be his (Cullen) big comeback. I see this as maintenance to becoming a functioning addict again and he will crash again. I just don’t get the feeling they’re taking this 100% seriously. He needs doctor’s supervision. To go to the meetings daily. A sponsor. And them not understanding the seriousness of alcohol. Yeah guys, it’s legal, but it’s still a mind altering substance!

Idk, I only became aware because this showed up in my Twitter notifications. But it’s giving me mixed feelings for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I wonder if drinking is the only thing they really enjoy doing together? Is that why Cullen is reluctant to say he has a problem with alcohol?

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

After rewatching them both..I believe she is over him. Another poster said the same thing..I agree. It all makes more sense now..her journey to self and revamping her channel. She’s probably getting ready to go nab that man who is a professional whatever to give her the upper class life she feels entitled to. Prob gunna go find a rich Dr or Lawyer.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I don't see them making it much longer if they don't seek some professional help. Honestly I feel like an inpatient rehab facility would be great for Cullen. It's sad to watch how emotionally wrecked he looks. This isn't something they can fix themselves. I feel really bad for the kids, especially Brooks because without Cullen it will be the Gaines and Katie show. I think Cullen has a lot on his shoulders and just cracks under pressure and turns to drinking and his other addictions. I am sure this has been hard on Katie but she is a big part of the problem. She expects the best of everything and I think its telling that according to them a lot of the serious addiction problems started a year and a half ago which was just about when they got the new car and house. All that financial stress and Cullen just cracked. I think Cullen is immature and annoying at times but Katie picked him and knew what he was yet still demanded a lifestyle he couldn't give her. Their old house was perfect for a family of 4 and they didn't need a suburban for two kids. Maybe she is decluttering to prepare for moving to a smaller house. I don't see how they could afford their mcmansion much longer.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I can totally see her hanging out at the country club looking for a second husband...

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:23 am I can totally see her hanging out at the country club looking for a second husband...

Yup..me too
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I sort of blame Cullen's mom more than Katie. Cullen's mom knew her kids were total shitheads (well, Cullen and Brittany) and didn't do anything to curb their literally illegal behavior. Maybe she was overwhelmed by being a sort of single mom, but NONE of her kids even bothered to get higher educations and she's A SCHOOL PRINCIPAL! It's so bizarre to me that she basically let her kids run the show and she allowed it.

I'm sure she just said, "Boys will be boys" and let him get away with everything when she should have TRIED to get him to not be at total asshole teenager—who drank, smoked pot, stole cars, got sent to a "special" school for bad kids, etc. What the eff was happening back then? And Britany was just as bad—and she went to prison for dealing pot and was caught with meth IN PRISON! WTF?!

Whatever Cullen is going through now started a LONG time ago. I think Katie married him too young and expected him to change. I also think Cullen HID a lot of his shady behavior and bad qualities from Katie when they were dating...he even said that in the podcast.

I think Katie is just done.

Also, as much a Cullen claims "Katie drinks too," I don't really believe it. She's been pregnant twice in recent years and certainly wasn't drinking at all! I really only remember her having margaritas at the Friday night dinner with her sister's family.

Speaking of, have they been hanging out with Kelley and Jay at all? Maybe something also happened between the two families. Overall, something really bad happened and I'm dying for the honest details!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I believe Katie drinks. Every-time they have a good night out together and they are IGing they are completely under the influence of something. As someone else suggested, it definitely seems like they need alcohol to have a good time together.

So many YTers develop addictions due to boredom. Katie isn’t immune because she was raised different, or because she’s a mother. Plenty of Mormons age raised completely devoid of drugs/alcohol, but as we’ve seen with Shay it’s easy to become addicted nonetheless. Staying at home and just doing YT leads to a life of leisure (aka boredom). Life is a vacation, and on vacation people use alcohol to relax and as entertainment. This is how so many addictions start. Lotto winners have a high rate of addiction for the same reason. So do many stay at home moms. Alcoholism is rising around women due to the acceptance (promotion really) of mothers drinking wine. I doubt Cullen would have mentioned Katie drinking of it were just the occasional glass of wine.

I also think it’s ridiculous to hold Grandberry more responsible than Katie. GB didn’t realize how bad the situation was until she saw the 32 oz drink. Katie had that information LONG BEFORE GB did. He was motivated to change because his mother called him on it. She did more than Katie did, and we have no idea what happened when he was young. At best Katie and GB were just as responsible for excusing/allowing his behaviour.

oldschoolmom39
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oldschoolmom39 »

I am baffled that only Cullen's addictions are coming out when Katie clearly has some demons of her own. Her shopping addiction for one. I have never seen a family of four that has as many clothes, shoes, accessories and other nonsense as they do. I think he cracked her picture perfect family image and she resents him for it. I would rather these vloggers show their real life and be honest about struggles rather than putting on an act and pulling the wool over people's eyes and acting like they are something they are not. I feel bad for Cullen on this one.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

oldschoolmom39 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:53 pm I am baffled that only Cullen's addictions are coming out when Katie clearly has some demons of her own. Her shopping addiction for one. I have never seen a family of four that has as many clothes, shoes, accessories and other nonsense as they do. I think he cracked her picture perfect family image and she resents him for it. I would rather these vloggers show their real life and be honest about struggles rather than putting on an act and pulling the wool over people's eyes and acting like they are something they are not. I feel bad for Cullen on this one.
Katie's "shopping addiction" is NOT the same. First of all, her mom buys a TON of clothes for her kids and she gets sent free clothes from brands. I don't even think Katie has a shopping problem other than using the free gift cards they are sent. YTers are sent free stuff ALL THE TIME!

Cullen obviously does have a problem, but do I think he'll really get help...100% nope!
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

ewokfan11 wrote: Maybe she was overwhelmed by being a sort of single mom, but NONE of her kids even bothered to get higher educations and she's A SCHOOL PRINCIPAL!!
Why do you keep saying this? Cullen went to college.
:roll:
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Theirmom wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: Maybe she was overwhelmed by being a sort of single mom, but NONE of her kids even bothered to get higher educations and she's A SCHOOL PRINCIPAL!!
Why do you keep saying this? Cullen went to college.
Do we know for sure that he finished and/or what his degree is? At some point I thought we speculated that he went to a community college so maybe he only has an AA/AS? Or maybe he does have a bachelors but in something rather generic (business, liberal studies etc.)

Return to “Cullen and Katie”