8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Herroyaldorkness
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Unread post by Herroyaldorkness »

holiday89 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:59 pm According to Ruby, anxiety is a CHOICE.

These mental health videos she is doing have me outraged. I wish it would get the hate it deserves. I left a comment saying something like, "anxiety can also be cause by chemical imbalances and medication helps" and it was deleted! Then from my burner account I posted one saying something like "anxiety can be caused by medical conditions like low vitamin D and a medical professional should always be consulted." Also deleted!!! This is so so dangerous. She is not putting disclaimers, she is not consulting medical professionals, she is claiming to BE the professional. This could have deadly consequences.
madewitty
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by madewitty »

yeah i used to feel bad for ruby and while i do have some empathy for her.. there is a point where you have to take accountability for yourself and your actions. she is straight up ignorant. its unfortunate people live and believe these things. Don't get me wrong, I think you can have your own beliefs and live life how you want to but it comes with scrutiny. being a product of "the environment" is not a valid excuse for people like her. i'm sorry but its just not. it is 2021 and google is free. she posts content that is highly offensive and disrespectful. your beliefs are not an excuse to be a shitty person, and quite frankly that is what she is.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Herroyaldorkness wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:53 pm
holiday89 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:59 pm According to Ruby, anxiety is a CHOICE.

These mental health videos she is doing have me outraged. I wish it would get the hate it deserves. I left a comment saying something like, "anxiety can also be cause by chemical imbalances and medication helps" and it was deleted! Then from my burner account I posted one saying something like "anxiety can be caused by medical conditions like low vitamin D and a medical professional should always be consulted." Also deleted!!! This is so so dangerous. She is not putting disclaimers, she is not consulting medical professionals, she is claiming to BE the professional. This could have deadly consequences.

I wish I could click on a huger and bolder "thank" icon for this comment.
SamPatel99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SamPatel99 »

I think every single piece of advice she has for others is “that is a choice” i.e. her kids being bored is a choice, being sad is a choice etc...

Except when something goes wrong in her life, it’s a matter of circumstance or other forces. Like your company getting flooded in China and giving up on something you’ve invested time and resources into is more of a choice than mental health. This woman is dangerous on the internet, I feel bad for how disconnected she is. Probably felt so powerless at home, making these videos was her next way to feel important...
mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mikaydean »

I thought MS was already from the table? Does Shari has Ms or not?
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

mikaydean wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:31 am I thought MS was already from the table? Does Shari has Ms or not?
No. The vlog was older-in the comment section Ruby said they ruled out MS. It's that intracranial hypertension or whatever it's called.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

I posted on the under the rug video about anxiety and this was Ruby's response to me after I said that anxiety is not a choice.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Having anxiety because a situation you're going into is stressful/scary/unknown is NOT the same as having a medical diagnosis of anxiety. Ruby does not seem to know this or even care to look up the difference.

Actual anxiety can keep you from being able to leave your home, it can cause you to be unable to speak in any social situations, it can make you faint or throw up in regular situations, it can paralyse you.

As someone with diagnosed anxiety, who has to take prescribed medication in order to live a 'normal' life, this is just so offensive. If you are able to recognise your anxiety and attribute it to something that would make any person anxious or scared, it is NOT a mental health issue. It is normal nerves or worry which come with being human. She is sitting here telling her young, very impressionable audience that anxiety is not real, it's just nervousness and can easily be fixed by changing your attitude. How fucking dangerous.

I have disliked the video on both my accounts, and will be reporting it to Youtube. I hope you all will feel compelled to do the same.
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

lurkerthatposts wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:51 pm Having anxiety because a situation you're going into is stressful/scary/unknown is NOT the same as having a medical diagnosis of anxiety. Ruby does not seem to know this or even care to look up the difference.

Actual anxiety can keep you from being able to leave your home, it can cause you to be unable to speak in any social situations, it can make you faint or throw up in regular situations, it can paralyse you.

As someone with diagnosed anxiety, who has to take prescribed medication in order to live a 'normal' life, this is just so offensive. If you are able to recognise your anxiety and attribute it to something that would make any person anxious or scared, it is NOT a mental health issue. It is normal nerves or worry which come with being human. She is sitting here telling her young, very impressionable audience that anxiety is not real, it's just nervousness and can easily be fixed by changing your attitude. How fucking dangerous.

I have disliked the video on both my accounts, and will be reporting it to Youtube. I hope you all will feel compelled to do the same.

It's kinda funny bc the whole Griffith Clan come across as the most anxious people I've seen!

While I can appreciate Ruby is trying to start a career, she has done in the wrong way. She should have gone back to college and had real "professional" oversight in her training, not just the disjointed mishmash she has done.

I agree her message may be damaging to others.
madewitty
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by madewitty »

boychik0830 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 pm I posted on the under the rug video about anxiety and this was Ruby's response to me after I said that anxiety is not a choice.

I commented an article written by multiple doctors saying anxiety is not a choice but she deleted my comment lmao shocking
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

madewitty wrote:
boychik0830 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 pm I posted on the under the rug video about anxiety and this was Ruby's response to me after I said that anxiety is not a choice.

I commented an article written by multiple doctors saying anxiety is not a choice but she deleted my comment lmao shocking
I don't have anxiety that often but I know that lots people get it often and it's not something they can control. I would never take any advice from ruby as she doesn't know what she is doing and is not a educated professional.

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

SamPatel99 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:23 am This is going to sound weird but despite all the scrutinizing things I post on here about Ruby I actually do feel terrible for her and also sometimes wonder if she reads these or has begun to because her behavior recently seems to be changing... More on more as time goes on I feel bad for the predicament shes in because kevin is also to blame for 1/2 the issues if not more. Ruby might have not gotten an education but im sure its hard when you have a young child and are supporting your husbands dreams (who is also older) while trying to make ends meet as a young adult and little guidance as shes the oldest of 5. It was ofc her choice but idk I feel some sort of compassion after her scared kevin wouldn't come back comment. Shes told us how she was often asked if she was a single parent and the fact that she brought it up a bunch early-mid covid whenever she talked about grateful to have kevin home, it seems like its something she sort of still holds onto maybe out of spite or self-assurance that shes been through tough times before too? From what she does do (lil or lot) it seems like she handles everything between doctors, clothing, school supplies, cleaning etc., while kevin just cooks from time to time and takes the kids on trips. No wonder she makes comments about how everyone loves kevins food more than hers or how hes always good cop because he literally always comes off to be and then he acts smug about it in front of the kids... Like hes hardly there and then whenever they're like "we like it when dad makes it more" he gets this smirk on thats just so rude. I read this on here sometime last year but kevin literally seems like hes in it for the physical stuff and for the public image in their community (married, lots of babies, a good job, big house etc)...Hes always gone and I think he likes it that way, pretty condescending and idk just looks creepy. I wish he did more than just take the kids on a ski trip now and then and one kid on an international trip once a year...

I also think I like her a lot more when she features in sharis channel because I find Shari WAY worse than ruby. Shari was given every resource growing up and education and still seems as much if not more (for those reasons^) out of touch than her mother. Ruby on Sharis vlog seems real and actually likeable. I did like her advice about her getting longer bangs and glad she spoke up about it lol - she seems less fake or putting on a show and more like the regular supportive mom of teens i guess?

Ive also noticed that they stopped filming school related stuff that makes it into the vlogs, in the classroom but are more in the living room or kitchen - what was the point of buying all that ikea stuff and turning it into a school room for the lil's then? Could have given that space to abby and julie so they could still have separate bedrooms but they all seem happy so thats nice.

Im glad ruby pays her kids for grades - I feel like less than the majority of parents do that kind of stuff (the only ones I know that do are on youtube lol) and it might be her way of giving the youtube $$ back to the kids but in a way where they're striving towards it/earning it? IDK if thats the case and I know the amount she pays them is way less than what they probably make but at least its something and its a good lesson in saving up for college so shes not wrong about that...

I can't stand how ignorant she is about the world around her but as a person I can understand why she makes some decisions she does, a wise ass daughter like shari, absent husband, a temper tantrum thrower in russell and mischievous eve OFC no one told her to have this many kids but she did and it must be hard to do it alone most of the time (people have it way worse im aware). Not to mention she grew up probably having to be the role model or something for the other 4 siblings and her parents seem like they probably were hella overbearing on her...

I hope these subtle changes were seeing in their vlogs and her attitude continue to carry on and one day allow her to see constructive criticism comments as a way for self betterment because I think if she really took a second to step away from her defensive attack dog position, she could find some truth in it.
I actually agree with a lot of this, even though I cannot stand Ruby. Kevin is an absolute disaster of a husband and a father, he's smug and arrogant and horrible. So I agree with what you said about how Ruby has had it hard raising the kids essentially on her own and how the kids show so much preference to Kevin and openly dog on Ruby while Kevin smirks and basks in it. However, Ruby put herself in the situation and is no victim, she too subscribes to the belief that it was her job to raise the kids while her husband earns their living and is out of the house all the time, so I don't feel bad for her for that. And she's raising her kids with the same backwards, sexist values that have made her own life more difficult and unpleasant than it needed to be.

I have noticed as well that Ruby is more likable in Shari's videos. She just seems a little more normal and not hamming it up for the camera like on her own channel. It seems to me that Ruby has gotten a little better now that her kids are older and she isn't so overwhelmed with life and doesn't have to parent as much, because wow she is bad at parenting and has pretty much given up on it by now. But I still think she's a crazy, selfish, dumb bitch, don't get me wrong.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lurkerthatposts wrote:Having anxiety because a situation you're going into is stressful/scary/unknown is NOT the same as having a medical diagnosis of anxiety. Ruby does not seem to know this or even care to look up the difference.

And doesn't her own sister Ellie claim to suffer from anxiety? Pretty disrespectful. But then again, Ellie and Jared blocked the very mention of Ruby's channel name when Ruby was starting to vlog, so their "close, loving family" narrative is pretty suspect to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

Am I wrong or has Ruby in the past, on multiple occasions, mentioned that Eve struggles with anxiety? Don't remember the exact vlogs but I recall Ruby saying that Eve was having anxiety about the pandemic and there was a vlog where Eve was breathing hard and Ruby was trying to soothe her and talking about her anxiety. So, um, now with her 'anxiety is a choice' bullshit - is she really going to say that her six year old daughter, who doesn't even know what anxiety is, is choosing to be anxious? I feel so scared for those kids if any of them do, or might in the future, suffer from depression, anxiety, or some other mental illness. They will not be allowed to get any kind of help or support and instead will have their mom yelling in their faces lecturing them about how they are choosing to feel that way and need to stop it. I already see it with Chad - he was just 'choosing' to have behavioral issues and it was not at all a reflection of some deeper issue or an unhealthy family environment. Now he himself thinks that he is an evil, intentionally bad child, and not a victim of abuse and exploitation that caused him to act out.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

rulatows000 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:16 am Am I wrong or has Ruby in the past, on multiple occasions, mentioned that Eve struggles with anxiety? Don't remember the exact vlogs but I recall Ruby saying that Eve was having anxiety about the pandemic and there was a vlog where Eve was breathing hard and Ruby was trying to soothe her and talking about her anxiety. So, um, now with her 'anxiety is a choice' bullshit - is she really going to say that her six year old daughter, who doesn't even know what anxiety is, is choosing to be anxious? I feel so scared for those kids if any of them do, or might in the future, suffer from depression, anxiety, or some other mental illness. They will not be allowed to get any kind of help or support and instead will have their mom yelling in their faces lecturing them about how they are choosing to feel that way and need to stop it. I already see it with Chad - he was just 'choosing' to have behavioral issues and it was not at all a reflection of some deeper issue or an unhealthy family environment. Now he himself thinks that he is an evil, intentionally bad child, and not a victim of abuse and exploitation that caused him to act out.
Ruby 100% projects emotions onto Eve and then tries to psychoanalyze her "emotional issues" with her 4 week MLM course. I am not sure she has ever said it was anxiety though. She made her cry when she suggested she was upset that Chad hated hated her and didn't want her in the family, and made her believe she wanted to hurt the new puppy because she missed Nolly. There was also the incident where she was visibly upset she was being forced to stay inside the house without any connection to the outside world via electronics (or otherwise).

Ruby has also implied Chad suffered from mental illness when she said she talked to "other mothers who have children struggling with mental illness". I could probably dig out the vlogs pretty easily if you think they are tied to "anxiety" claims. Or if you remember the situations, but not the vlogs.

The irony of all this, is that Shari, on several occasions has talked about her own mental illness and Ruby has never addressed it. I don't count a video about her reportedly being falsely diagnosed (by an eye doctor) with a debilitating neurological condition. That isn't anxiety, that is natural human reaction. She has only mentioned that Shari was "grumpy" or "difficult", and implied she exaggerated health issues. I believe Shari has used the specific terms depression and/or anxiety though. It wasn't clear if she received any treatment for it, but I doubt it based on tradition to use bishops and other laymen as psychologists. It sounds like they just got her a hedgehog instead, and later implied that she got rid of it because she could no longer relate to his his unpleasant prickly personality anymore, like when she got him. I want to say she might have addressed the depression it in her "Draw my Life" video? Or a least alluded to it there.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I am a little concerned that I can't remember my own phone number, but can remember an entire vlogger family's mental health history.....but here we are.

I saved the video at the point she talks about her anxiety and depression. I kept the part where she blames a back injury for ending her softball career, while Ruby always claimed she ended extracurriculars because she had too many kids. It is interesting that they have never been on the same page about Shari's health.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Hey Ruby. You know what for sure your kids did NOT get to choose? Putting their entire lives on the internet.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Can someone clarify Shari and her health conditions? They post these videos so out of order it’s hard to keep up with. The eye doctor told them that Shari possibly has MS without any further testing beside the eye exam? But we do now know that it actually isn’t MS because of the ER visit?

Do we even know what her issue is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

freshbalsam wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:40 pm Can someone clarify Shari and her health conditions? They post these videos so out of order it’s hard to keep up with. The eye doctor told them that Shari possibly has MS without any further testing beside the eye exam? But we do now know that it actually isn’t MS because of the ER visit?

Do we even know what her issue is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. She's already been to the ER and then Boston since this was filmed, so this video is probably a month old. Ruby click bait.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Ruby blocked me on Instagram probably because of the comment I made on the video with the girls wearing dresses saying you forced them to let you pick out the dresses and that they would lose privileges if they didn't or from my comment on the under the rug video. I can't believe she blocked me which I am guessing is so I won't discover her abusing her kids and not telling anyone about it. None of the other family members have blocked me yet. Does she block people who don't agree with her opinions?

Return to “8 Passengers”