Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by bootsncats »

GossipMomma wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:35 am Did anyone else's heart break for Brooks when he told his mom, with distress in his voice, that the other boys laughed at his Minions mask? She knew full well based on his tone that they were laughing AT the mask, but she turned it around & said "because it's funny?" Poor Brooks sounded exasperated trying to find the words to explain to her, but just gave up.

Katie.. that's what happens when you scour the internet to find your favorite child the perfectly curated masks, but give your "problem" child the last option left at Walmart. He was already embarrassed by the Trolls mask when it was given to him and now he's being laughed at for the Minions one. (Not to mention he noticed Gaines got 1 more than he did.) START TREATING YOUR KIDS FAIRLY!! There's no reason you can't get him some basic plain colored ones, at the very least! Old Navy has a pack of 5 for $12.50. Don't keep making your kid a target at school.. he's treated poorly enough at home.
YES... my heart broke for him. I KNEW that was going to happen when she showed the masks in the one vlog. She custom ordered a special fox mask for her perfect princess and Brooks just got whatever crap she could find at the last minute. Brooks didn't even know what a Minion was when he saw the mask!!! Why doesn't HE get special things with his favorite characters or animals on them???
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:She's a fucking moron.

I see fb memories of my son and wish that even though he's 15, I could cuddle with that little boy one more time. They grow too quick.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
I miss my son so much. He lives in Montana, and when he visits, we still cuddle (sortof) and watch Dr. Who. I still have a Valentine he made me that says "Mom, you are my sweetheart". I adore my daughter, but my son is a special guy.
Katie will probably never get those experiences, and it's her own fault. I don't know why Cullen doesn't stand up for Brooks. But he's not participating in the finances either, so maybe he'll just cruising along.
I just want to give Brooks all the snuggles he wants. He's such a sweet little guy and I don't understand why they can't see it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

At this point I don't even think Katie actually knows what Brooks loves. I remember a while back she was amazed he knew how to write his name! Clearly she spends absolutely no time with him. She just finds a "boy" mask and goes with it. She just thinks he doesn't care because he most likely isn't as vocal as Gaines.

I just cannot stand when parents treat one child so unfairly.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bootsncats »

I just don't understand how she couldn't at least order a Blippi mask for him or at the very least, find an orange mask since I think Brooks says orange is his favorite color. But ultimately, I think you are spot on... she has no idea what he likes b/c she just doesn't care. He is always just an afterthought.

Did anyone catch the huge montage Cullen posted for Gaines's birthday?? Brooks didn't get a montage.... at this point, Cullen is just as bad as Katie with the favoritism.
Last edited by bootsncats on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

I scrolled through her IG feed and there are way more solo pics of Gaines and pics of just Katie + Gaines. I feel so bad for Brooks because it's only going to get worse for him.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

bootsncats wrote:I just don't understand how she couldn't at least order a Blippi mask for him or at the very least, find an orange mask since I think Brooks says orange is his favorite color. But ultimately, I think you are spot on... she has no idea what he likes b/c she just doesn't care. He is always just an afterthought.

Did anyone catch the huge montage Cullen posted for Gaines's birthday?? Brooks didn't get a montage.... at this point, Cullen is just as bad as Katie with the favoritism.
The montage just set me over the edge with these two and this whole situation. How can you be that blatant with your favoritism of one child. I have had losses and "rainbow" babies and I don't understand how they can treat her as a "miracle" and so special when all children are miracles and special? Brooks is just there, they literally put no effort into making his birthdays special yet Gaines gets perfectly tailored gifts and treatment. Poor kid didn't ask to be born.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

The only thing I'm going to say is, Katie you are disgusting and a disgrace!!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Wow, Katie definitely still reads here! Her Instagram post tonight is of Brooks with nothing negative about him in the description. Hi, Katie!

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I am only to the beginning of the vlog and they are saying they’re in TN. Cullen has his face mask with the valve on it. I just flew from DC to STL and a young man boarded the plane with the similar mask and was refused unless he switched mask, which the airline offered him. Those valves don’t keep your germs to yourselves. I actually had seen that prior to my flight. Honestly, they have been saying that for the past 5 mos when they decided that masks do work. I swear Cullen lives in the smallest bubble and refuses to look into anything. From his own personal finances to public safety.
Yes, I flew, everyone wore a mask the entire flight unless actively eating,drinking or in my case barfing into the barf bag. If someone kept their mask off too long they made a reminder announcement to everyone to keep their masks on. They gave out sanitizer wipes as you boarded and a grab and go snack bag. I know I diverted from the fact Cullen is basically wearing a mask the funnels his germs out to the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Boymomma123 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 pm Wow, Katie definitely still reads here! Her Instagram post tonight is of Brooks with nothing negative about him in the description. Hi, Katie!

It was only two sentences as opposed to a full paragraph for Gaines. And also Grandberry bought it, so I'm sure Katie felt obligated to post since she doesn't buy things he likes.

But hey, baby steps!
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

I think I'm almost at the point of quitting youtube, social media and watching idiots like Cullen and Katie. Most of the content on these platforms is pure trash and toxic for the mind.

I get the impression Katie's family have come to that conclusion too because we rarely see them in vlogs for the last year or more and I notice Kelley's Instagram has gone quiet too. I wonder will her family bail them out if they promise to quit YouTube and live like normal people.
GossipMomma
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GossipMomma »

Well here we go.. C&K's house status has gone from Active to Contingent.. so they've finally made a deal with some poor sap. Let's see if they actually end up selling the place & where they'll move. This should be interesting..
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I can’t wait to hear her rationalization for the TN trip. Last I heard they were still in debt and were not paying their mortgage. Gaines does not need to have a trip so she can go stay at a hotel for her birthday. What’s wrong with cake and ice cream with her family? The best gift for both of those kids would be for their parents to get their heads out of their asses and get their acts together.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:I can’t wait to hear her rationalization for the TN trip. Last I heard they were still in debt and were not paying their mortgage. Gaines does not need to have a trip so she can go stay at a hotel for her birthday. What’s wrong with cake and ice cream with her family? The best gift for both of those kids would be for their parents to get their heads out of their asses and get their acts together.

Right? My kids get a cake, some pizza, balloons and an afternoon with their family. I hate this whole trend of over the top expensive birthdays. Katie should be trying to make the day special yet spend the least amount of money possible. But I guess they are just going to pretend they aren't in debt anymore. They have completely abandoned their debt series and any talk of budgeting. Must be nice to live in that kind of fantasy world.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

GossipMomma wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 am Well here we go.. C&K's house status has gone from Active to Contingent.. so they've finally made a deal with some poor sap. Let's see if they actually end up selling the place & where they'll move. This should be interesting..
We use different terminology where I live but am I right in thinking contingent is not as favourable as pending and more likely to fall through? I remember the house was contingent before and it fell through.
When do we think they will announce this to the vlogs? I bet they won't disclose anything until moving day.

I may have missed it but it seems Kelley didn't even give birthday wishes on instagram to Gaines whereas she always did say something on other occasions. She could just be completely done with instagram or else things have deteriorated even further. If Katie's parents have offered to bail them out financially (even if there is conditions attached) Kelley might be really pissed off because it could be decreasing what inheritance she will receive in the future.

I said it above but I do get the feeling that once they're done with that house they will be done with youtube too (well Katie anyway). I think her parents are helping financially to get them out of the house but likely on the condition that they will get real jobs soon. The are posting very little content recently.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I doubt Kelley is pissed because it will decrease her inheritance. Most people who are self sufficient would rather have their parents happy and healthy than even think about things like that.

If Kelley is annoyed her parents are helping it’s because she’s pissed that Katie is such a lazy and useless human willing to take advantage of them. I mean, we’re all annoyed and Doc and Dolly aren’t even our family!

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Here is what the listing says.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Ducklings4 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 am I can’t wait to hear her rationalization for the TN trip. Last I heard they were still in debt and were not paying their mortgage. Gaines does not need to have a trip so she can go stay at a hotel for her birthday. What’s wrong with cake and ice cream with her family? The best gift for both of those kids would be for their parents to get their heads out of their asses and get their acts together.

This is so true! Growing up without witnessing their parents on the verge of eviction or digging for loose change just to put gas in the car would be the stable household those kids need and deserve.

Regarding any financial help Katie may be receiving from her parents, my assumption would be that anything they're getting now is directly coming out of her share of any future inheritance. Or conversely, Kelley is getting the same advance from her inheritance to make things equitable, even if she is financially responsible and doesn't need it. I doubt Kelley's issues with Katie stem from her parent's handouts, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jay and Kelley themselves loaned them money and that's a source of friction as they saw Katie and Cullen spending without a care in the world. Katie mentioned personal loans they needed to repay once and then it was never mentioned again.

I still don't think they're helping substantially at this point. If Katie and Cullen were financially dependent on them, I doubt they'd be talking about moving out of state. To me their plans to move sound like a combination of running away, and trying to stick it to her family. Seems particularly petulant towards their kids, who need loving and stable people in their lives between their parents' addiction issues, marital issues, financial stress, ect. Not to mention oversharing on the internet for a quick buck.
GossipMomma
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GossipMomma »

Katie must feel pretty confident in spite of whatever contingencies are on the offer because she alluded to this in her IG stories last night. That's what made me to check the status of the house this morning.

It could be as little as needing to pass the home inspection or as big as a waiting on financing. I guess time will tell.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:40 am I doubt Kelley is pissed because it will decrease her inheritance. Most people who are self sufficient would rather have their parents happy and healthy than even think about things like that.

If Kelley is annoyed her parents are helping it’s because she’s pissed that Katie is such a lazy and useless human willing to take advantage of them. I mean, we’re all annoyed and Doc and Dolly aren’t even our family!

Of course Kelley wants her parents here and healthy but if they were expecting a large inheritance in the future that's now under threat (or perceived to be) then of course she might be furious. It's quite likely Jay and Kelley factored an inheritance into their future planning. They also have 3 kids fast approaching college and probably a mortgage with several years left on it. Obviously a lot of her anger would be purely that Katie is sponging off the parents.

For this to be a real issue Katie's parents would have to be giving significant financial help which we dont know. I will say though that it's been thought here for about 2 years now that they're not making enough to pay all the bills yet they are still somehow above water.....

Return to “Cullen and Katie”