Our Tribe Of Many

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Our Tribe Of Many

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

DoodleBop2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm I'm glad they keep their religion and church life for the most part off their YouTube channel and this is the church's YouTube. It was a wise move. I don't think this was intended to sway anyone it was for their churches usually attendees. There are affirming churches and many Christians don't believe that LGBTQ+ are destined for the fiery pits of hell as some would say. I have no idea what they personally believe and don't plan to worry too much about it because they keep it off their main channel.
DoodleBop, Im just always searching for the person or thing that will make my analytic mind say, "YES! It all makes sense to me, Ill return to church!"
But it never happens. Its easier to believe than not to believe. So I watched the Easter Service HOPING that it'd be the thing to make me believe, cause I adore this family, but it didnt, so Im gonna take a Klonopin with my Medical MJ tonight cause my nerves are maxed out.
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

IHateCilantro wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:54 pm
DoodleBop2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm I'm glad they keep their religion and church life for the most part off their YouTube channel and this is the church's YouTube. It was a wise move. I don't think this was intended to sway anyone it was for their churches usually attendees. There are affirming churches and many Christians don't believe that LGBTQ+ are destined for the fiery pits of hell as some would say. I have no idea what they personally believe and don't plan to worry too much about it because they keep it off their main channel.
DoodleBop, Im just always searching for the person or thing that will make my analytic mind say, "YES! It all makes sense to me, Ill return to church!"
But it never happens. Its easier to believe than not to believe. So I watched the Easter Service HOPING that it'd be the thing to make me believe, cause I adore this family, but it didnt, so Im gonna take a Klonopin with my Medical MJ tonight cause my nerves are maxed out.
Religious holidays can be emotionally taxing for so many reasons and it's hard fora lot of people. I hope you arw gentle with yourself tonight and always.

Sometimes I think it would help if I could believe all the fantastic tales as easily as others seem to. Yet I'm a true Hufflepuff when my heart always goes out to the ones who are not included or feel left out.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DoodleBop2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:39 pm
Religious holidays can be emotionally taxing for so many reasons and it's hard fora lot of people. I hope you arw gentle with yourself tonight and always.

Sometimes I think it would help if I could believe all the fantastic tales as easily as others seem to. Yet I'm a true Hufflepuff when my heart always goes out to the ones who are not included or feel left out.
YESSSSSSSSS!
This is why Christmas irks me. I can afford to buy my son xmas gifts.
But I see kids who for no other fault but what family and socioeconomic box they were born into
GET ZILCH for xmas. And so I think that scars a child. They can be the most kind tender hearted children who get good grades
and do everything right, but "Santa" brings them nothing, and we all know why.
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

IHateCilantro wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:55 pm
DoodleBop2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:39 pm

[ quote ]

YESSSSSSSSS!
This is why Christmas irks me. I can afford to buy my son xmas gifts.
But I see kids who for no other fault but what family and socioeconomic box they were born into
GET ZILCH for xmas. And so I think that scars a child. They can be the most kind tender hearted children who get good grades
and do everything right, but "Santa" brings them nothing, and we all know why.
This is why my husband refuses to "do Santa" because people say Santa got their kid an iPad or a trip to Disney while another kid was lucky to get new shoes or even 1 toy. So we try to focus more on the memories we'll make and less of a focus on the toys and other stuff. Which is working to our advantage now because our kids aren't expecting to do huge easter egg hunts or go on trips.
travelmom19
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by travelmom19 »

I love this channel, I feel that both Sarah and Solo are being totally real when hey film.

Yes, they have a lot of children but they don’t spoil them or talk about materialistic stuff. The kids are all very polite and help out around the house without the parents taking advantage and making the kids do all the work.
I love her large family grocery hauls, I wait all month for them.

She feeds her family “real” food, without having to batch freezer cook up a bunch of “slop and drop” vomit looking casseroles like Jamerrill Stewart. The food they prepare is healthy, looks pretty tasty and most of is doesn’t come 100% from a package, realistically like most moms cook for their families.

I hope this channel stays this way, I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

I've been finding that I haven't been enjoying their vlogs as much lately - is anyone else the same? It's kind of obvious that they are trying to pump out more vlogs for more views (and therefore money) and to me it has lost the appeal of just being a very genuine family channel?
Ld5
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ld5 »

I think the vlogs are becoming redundant. I liked the meal planning and shopping ones but I’m not enjoying the other videos that are being put out. Maybe if she didn’t talk throughout all of them or just have the camera on the kids playing or a glimpse into homeschool... I just feel like every video is narrated by her and only her instead of showing us.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Ld5 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:39 pm I think the vlogs are becoming redundant. I liked the meal planning and shopping ones but I’m not enjoying the other videos that are being put out. Maybe if she didn’t talk throughout all of them or just have the camera on the kids playing or a glimpse into homeschool... I just feel like every video is narrated by her and only her instead of showing us.

I even found their most recent vlog about sponsoring a couple of kids from Kenya quite forced. I always used to look forward to seeing a new vlog come out from them, but now a lot of the content isn't really work watching?
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

I'm still enjoying them. I thought the last two were great.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Are they moving to Kenya? Im not in the mood to watch that video
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

IHateCilantro wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:50 am Are they moving to Kenya? Im not in the mood to watch that video
They've got into the habit of using clickbait titles sometimes - I'm guessing that it refers to when Solo originally moved to the US? (Not planning to watch it either)
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

IHateCilantro wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:50 am Are they moving to Kenya? Im not in the mood to watch that video
No, for the most part it was Solo talking about his experience moving from Kenya to Nebraska.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Does anyone else watch Camp David Adventures? It's just a small channel, but it's Sarah's brother and sister in law. They seem like really decent people and they have quite a bit about their homeschooling on it.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Anyone watch their latest vlog? I generally like when Sarah and Solo sit down and talk together, but there was way too much talk about god providing and praying for guidance about things like immunisation for me this time. Sarah usually isn't that vocal about their faith?
Pfefferminza
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pfefferminza »

Hyacinth wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:43 am Anyone watch their latest vlog? I generally like when Sarah and Solo sit down and talk together, but there was way too much talk about god providing and praying for guidance about things like immunisation for me this time. Sarah usually isn't that vocal about their faith?
I stopped watching halfway through. I couldn't take the rambling any longer. It really put me off. I used to like her and thought of her as a level-headed powerhouse who did quite a good job in managing and educating her family. But this letting the Lord decide over immunization - I just couldn't. She managed to conceal her fundie beliefs quite well until recently.
pre4
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by pre4 »

Lately I’ve had a real hard time watching any of the videos all the way through. I thought maybe it’s because I’ve lost interest. But maybe it’s something else?

Ld5
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ld5 »

It’s been hard to watch too... there’s just no structure to her videos anymore. And it’s always her talking to the camera. I feel like she’s struggling on what to say or holding back on what she doesn’t want to say. I know she has 10 kids but it’s just chaos when listening to her videos and her trying to talk over everyone.

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Ld5 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:20 am It’s been hard to watch too... there’s just no structure to her videos anymore. And it’s always her talking to the camera. I feel like she’s struggling on what to say or holding back on what she doesn’t want to say. I know she has 10 kids but it’s just chaos when listening to her videos and her trying to talk over everyone.

Her vlogs have become quite aimless - I used to really enjoy all of her vogs, but they have really changed? I came across her first for the grocery hauls (and I still quite like them), but the food prep ones show they they eat 'slop' at times (just not quite at the slop level of Jammerill lol)
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Pfefferminza wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:17 am
Hyacinth wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:43 am Anyone watch their latest vlog? I generally like when Sarah and Solo sit down and talk together, but there was way too much talk about god providing and praying for guidance about things like immunisation for me this time. Sarah usually isn't that vocal about their faith?
I stopped watching halfway through. I couldn't take the rambling any longer. It really put me off. I used to like her and thought of her as a level-headed powerhouse who did quite a good job in managing and educating her family. But this letting the Lord decide over immunization - I just couldn't. She managed to conceal her fundie beliefs quite well until recently.
What I found interesting is that when they have done sit downs in the past she is generally quieter and very much defers to Solo, but in that one she was very animated and vocal about the religion? They are definitely entitled to their beliefs, but the more that I see of the 'real' views, the less I want to watch their channel.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

There's a couple of other things bothering me about this family. Does anyone else think that getting the dog has been a huge mistake? It still isn't toilet trained, but they've had it for months? In the vlog where Belle got her license it was also tied up inside? I also used to think that they weren't the 'typical' family with a lot of kids using the older kids to look after the younger ones, but in that same vlog she admits to having a roster of older kids looking after younger ones in the mornings? Then Juddah drove Mika to the music store or something? I actually like that the older kids take their turn to cooks meals, but I get the feeling that there is a lot of reliance on them? (Which I guess is typical for your 10-kid families, so I don't know why I thought there wasn't)

Return to “I-P”