Schmovies

WonderfulWorld04
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Schmovies

Unread post by WonderfulWorld04 »

I think they bit off more than they can chew with this new house. In the most recent video it took Tim 7 hours to mow their property...the experienced neighbor said it usually takes four so at least once a week one of them are going to have to be outside mowing for 4 hours? Dana already seemed really stressed about having to do it herself while Tim is away.

Not to mention keeping on top of pool cleaning, other yard care and keeping the entire inside of the house clean.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

WonderfulWorld04 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:40 am I think they bit off more than they can chew with this new house. In the most recent video it took Tim 7 hours to mow their property...the experienced neighbor said it usually takes four so at least once a week one of them are going to have to be outside mowing for 4 hours? Dana already seemed really stressed about having to do it herself while Tim is away.

Not to mention keeping on top of pool cleaning, other yard care and keeping the entire inside of the house clean.
If they can afford a big expensive house like that, I'd think they could hire a lawn service to do the job. Or they could spreading the mowing out over more than 1 day. Front yard one day, back yard the next.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

gibberish wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm
WonderfulWorld04 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:40 am I think they bit off more than they can chew with this new house. In the most recent video it took Tim 7 hours to mow their property...the experienced neighbor said it usually takes four so at least once a week one of them are going to have to be outside mowing for 4 hours? Dana already seemed really stressed about having to do it herself while Tim is away.

If they can afford a big expensive house like that, I'd think they could hire a lawn service to do the job. Or they could spreading the mowing out over more than 1 day. Front yard one day, back yard the next.
They must cut most of their property which is crazy. We have acreage, but it is wooded and we don't cut near that much thank goodness. I think the pool will be a lot of work too and could they hire a sitter to watch the kids while Dana paints? Dana seems overwhelmed to me.
goldenmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by goldenmama »

So Dana posted a pic on Instagram a few hours ago of her holding their former nanny’s baby. She mentioned that she and Tim don’t plan on having any more biological children but may adopt in the future.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

goldenmama wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:36 pm So Dana posted a pic on Instagram a few hours ago of her holding their former nanny’s baby. She mentioned that she and Tim don’t plan on having any more biological children but may adopt in the future.
How nice to see Nicole start a family. I hope they, or perhaps just Tim, can be satisfied with the number of children they have now. When you move past having more babies, family life gets easier. Long car trips without the DVD player...not the best idea. :D
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I just watched IG Q&A with Dana and she talked about homeschooling and said she likes public school too. If given a choice or if Tim didn't feel so strongly about homeschooling, I wonder if Dana would look at sending kids to public school with the amount of work involved with homeschooling five children. She doesn't appear to have found the balance with keeping up with kids - housework and I agree with a viewer saying hire some cleaning help. Their pool looks like great fun.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

On Dana's IG today, she showed a glimpse of their property that is beautiful. They are the only channel I've watched that has shown they are doing better over the past two years, whereas, most are downsizing their homes due to a drops in subs/views.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

YTIG60 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 pm I just watched IG Q&A with Dana and she talked about homeschooling and said she likes public school too. If given a choice or if Tim didn't feel so strongly about homeschooling, I wonder if Dana would look at sending kids to public school with the amount of work involved with homeschooling five children. She doesn't appear to have found the balance with keeping up with kids - housework and I agree with a viewer saying hire some cleaning help. Their pool looks like great fun.
I absolutely think she would send some to public if given the choice, she could keep the little ones at home and focus on them while the older ones are at school, I think it's all Tim and his negative hang-ups on public school, somehow he has it in his head that the family has to be together 24/7.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

thenightowl wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 pm I just watched IG Q&A with Dana and she talked about homeschooling and said she likes public school too. If given a choice or if Tim didn't feel so strongly about homeschooling, I wonder if Dana would look at sending kids to public school with the amount of work involved with homeschooling five children. She doesn't appear to have found the balance with keeping up with kids - housework and I agree with a viewer saying hire some cleaning help. Their pool looks like great fun.
I absolutely think she would send some to public if given the choice, she could keep the little ones at home and focus on them while the older ones are at school, I think it's all Tim and his negative hang-ups on public school, somehow he has it in his head that the family has to be together 24/7.
Dana has seemed super negative about homeschooling lately and you can tell she’s trying so hard to convince herself it’s the right choice. I think she thought she’d be totally back on board with homeschooling once her health improved, but even with that she is still hesitant. I agree, it’s definitely Tim forcing the choice. I fear Dana will crack again if she’s forced to keep taking this on.

I was happy to see them decorating their home. She was right about their last house looking like a bachelor pad...at least with those tiny, junky old couches they had in the living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I agree about the house, it looks great so far and I am happy that they all seem to have a lot of room to move around, it's going to be fun to see it all together!
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I think it is nice kids help in the kitchen, but cooking entire meals seems like a lot. To me, it appears the older ones are missing out on parts of their childhood with how they contribute to the daily home routine. I believe after they quit public school they were going to arrange a couple of after school activities for the older kids and friends visiting their home...I haven't seen this. Instead they are working on a YouTube channel.
WonderfulWorld04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by WonderfulWorld04 »

I don't want this to come off as knocking any religion or that praying is bad, but their latest vlog "Taking Care of 7 Sick Kids" was sooo odd. It started off sort of being about kids being sick, then Dana went on a tangent about how having a healthy dinner is important, then it got really odd when she started talking about how she needs to pray for her kids and it's her job to save their souls through prayer. Ummm what? Why do their souls need to be saved? They seem like really great kids and she sounded genuinely stressed out about finding the time to pray hard enough for her kids.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I turned off the vlog about half way in. She gets WAY too preachy for me. I give them props for putting out content they believe in and not what will make them popular but it’s that sort of hyper religious stuff that is probably why they sometimes struggle to get more than 3000 views on any given video.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Dana is struggling. I honestly do not believe she got real medical help. I truly believe she goes on tangents about healthy food and prayer because apparently that will fix her at times almost crippling anxiety and or PPD. Faith is awesome but the last time I checked prayer cannot make your brain squirt out the right chemicals.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Well looks like we’re about to get a whole bunch more of preaching Dana. I’m guessing these changes have a lot to do with the changes youtube is making. Too bad because I enjoyed keeping up with them but I have zero desire to listen to Dana preach to us for the entire video.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Tiger27 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:12 pm Well looks like we’re about to get a whole bunch more of preaching Dana. I’m guessing these changes have a lot to do with the changes youtube is making. Too bad because I enjoyed keeping up with them but I have zero desire to listen to Dana preach to us for the entire video.

I'm sure the channel change has to do with YouTube changes that I assume Tim with his position has inside information. I'm past raising children, but I did watch one vlog and I didn't find it too bad talking with the other mom in He thinks I am a "Mean Mom." Dana preaching wouldn't be something I am interested in, but the coping as a mom in different situations I would be ok with.
I bet their kids channel's will have to be moved to the YouTube Kid's area. I also wonder how next years YouTube changes will affect Tim's business?
This change Tim encouraged Dana to do and I will be watching to see how long she can maintain this extra job with their channel.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Dana's IG message was about the lost of a friend's spouse and her children. How very sad. I googled what was on her IG and it looks like it was a barn fire accident.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

YTIG60 wrote:Dana's IG message was about the lost of a friend's spouse and her children. How very sad. I googled what was on her IG and it looks like it was a barn fire accident.

Oh wow, what a terrible way to die. Very sad.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I don't know if Dana's new channel is doing well based on their views dropping to less than a thousand. I do think it was a smart move to try this with the upcoming COPPA changes, but at some point I wonder if it will be worth her time?
I also don't know if this is a bad sign for Family Channels who are looking at if their children not being part of their vlogs could result in the loss of their audience? I think viewers followed them partially to see how they were doing, for example, their daughter's eye health or choice with homeschooled....
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

YTIG60 wrote:I don't know if Dana's new channel is doing well based on their views dropping to less than a thousand. I do think it was a smart move to try this with the upcoming COPPA changes, but at some point I wonder if it will be worth her time?
I also don't know if this is a bad sign for Family Channels who are looking at if their children not being part of their vlogs could result in the loss of their audience? I think viewers followed them partially to see how they were doing, for example, their daughter's eye health or choice with homeschooled....
I unfollowed her. I was watching to keep up with the kids and watch Dana handling motherhood and homeschooling. I have zero interest listening to her preach or interview moms about parenthood. That’s just boring to me. She would have been better off doing a podcast. She mentioned in an Instagram post that she didn’t know if she should continue being so preachy in the vlogs but also wanted to do what God was calling her to do. She may feel that’s what God wants her to do but I just don’t see why it’s worth putting in all the effort when hardly 1,000 people are tuning in. I don’t know what the January changes are going to bring but some a lot of people seem to believe it won’t be as bad as predicted. They already kept vlogs very family friendly and not child oriented with challenges and what not. I just don’t think they would have taken a huge hit based on the content they have been putting out prior to the change. Dana already had her own channel, she should have revived that or gone a podcast route.

Return to “Q-Z”