Bagwell2018
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by Bagwell2018 »

Playsinrain wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:13 pm
HelloSweetie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 pm Listen to the latest podcast. Cullen is doing his best to dismiss things, but he also says a few more things I think Katie will take issue with. It seems to me hat he’s stuck between his sister’s willingness to be open, and Katie’s need to maintain the perfect image. B comes across as far more authentic than Cullen. He tries to be open, but it’s pretty honest he catches himself and then tries to minimize what he just said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Katie is in the room with them too, i heard some coughs in the background that were not from B or C... maybe he would feel more comfortable if she wasn't there, but i assume after the bombshell last week, she wasn't taking any chances on not being there for what he had to say. This bothers me too. If she's so adamant that this is his story and his struggle and people are only allowed to ask him things, then why is she policing what he says?? She can't have it both ways.

At one point there was clapping for something Britt said and she thanked her friend. She said his name but I can't for the life of me remember it. Cullen did say at one point Katie I'm sorry if you're listening to this and hearing it instead of it coming straight from me so I don't think she was there.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don’t think Katie was there either. I do t think she’s appreciate him pointing out that she knew when he was going to buy drugs and bring them back to the house. I also do t think he would have revealed the info about blocking the drug dealer’s number then if he wasn’t going to be able to tell her before she heard it when everyone else would.

perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

I think Cullen is lying about something. He says he missed the dabbing craze with weed... I did my first dab in 2011. It’s been big for years. If he was smoking weed last week then what does he mean he missed the dab wave of weed smoking? 2016-2018 were huge years for dabbing and that’s when Cullen has had all his usage issues... I don’t know what he’s doing but that was really odd to me.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They are both VERY defensive and angry seeming based on the comments they are reacting too. These weren’t even haters, just comments from previously supportive fans...

They are going to alienate people if they keep the attitude up. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... b10ac0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... d866f9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... 96d938.jpg[/IMG]

Mylifenolimits
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mylifenolimits »

Honestly don’t understand the big hype about smoking weed? Do they realize it’s legal 20+ states... that the reason I think he’s lying. They make it sound like he’s doing pills or hard drugs when it’s just weed?

I mean most people in legal states smoke weed every night! I mean it’s prescribed for insomnia and anxiety. All this hype over weed... someone please help me understand

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Mylifenolimits wrote:Honestly don’t understand the big hype about smoking weed? Do they realize it’s legal 20+ states... that the reason I think he’s lying. They make it sound like he’s doing pills or hard drugs when it’s just weed?

I mean most people in legal states smoke weed every night! I mean it’s prescribed for insomnia and anxiety. All this hype over weed... someone please help me understand

Because he’s trying to dial back the severity so they can return to their “perfect and happy family” image for Katie.

Next Jared is going to come out with his “addiction” to Dr Pepper. Just two wholesome boys recovering together.

The issue is alcohol and maybe pain pills. He can’t come out and say that it’s alcohol though, or people will call he and Katie out for continuing to drink... like in the most recent vlog.

Plus he’s not as bad as his father.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Wow. Never would I have pictured Cullen doing cocaine, but here we are.

I know everyone chooses their significant other for all different reasons but drugs like cocaine? Hard no right there. I wouldn’t even date a guy who smoked regular cigarettes.

Katie knew what was happening and still let him continue (unless I misread)? Yikes...
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cullen uploaded an instastory where he had taken a bite of Gaines' fudgesicle. He said he took a bite "to make sure it wasn't poisoned", and Katie says "Yeah, sometimes parents have to do that". Gaines is at an age where it's hard to tell fantasy from reality. And Katie should know that, being Ms. PhD. Why would they put those thoughts in her head? Once she's a little older, it would be fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I’m just barely caught up on all of these posts. Is he seeking professional medical treatment to detox? Does he have a psychiatrist or some kind of drug and alcohol counselor? If he is an alcoholic, from what I’ve learned, detoxing off of alcohol can become deadly. Cullen has always naturally gotten a high when starting something new. So that’s why I’m wondering - if he’s detoxing and recovering on his own, and maybe with the guidance of his now sober sister, that spells a recipe for disaster.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Thank you to everyone who took the time to recap the latest podcast.

I agree that I would be very surprised if he’s talking about just pot and alcohol currently. It sounds like he will get hooked on anything that is placed in front of him (cocaine, pain pills, etc.), so I think it spiraled out of control, or would have escalated quickly if it hadn’t already. I don’t live in a legal state, but buying pot isn’t exactly the kind of drug that makes you worry about being killed or arrested? And why be so secretive and defensive? They talked about pot and alcohol from the get-go but then seemed very defensive about naming what exactly he is addicted to.

I don’t understand why they went public and then reacted so harshly towards basic questions about what he is addicted to. Just be honest. And being so defensive about never doing heroin…aren’t pain pills opioids? Britany seemed to realize this, but Cullen seemed clueless.

I remember in her Q&A video Katie said that she was moved by the stories people were sharing about growing up in a home with addiction, and how they wanted to avoid that. She very much wants to present the image that they caught this early and are nipping it in the bud so to speak, when it sounds like things have been out of control for some time. They don’t seem to realize that they ARE that couple like Howard and Berry fighting over drugs and alcohol. Cullen is that dad who is an addict. If you’re drinking heavily every night, and your husband is buying drugs and bringing it back to the home you share with your kids, you might be raising children in a house with addiction. I’m sure at least their oldest can pick up on the tension, the difference in dad when he’s high versus when he’s sober, the fact that mom and dad are fighting, that dad disappears for days at a time, etc.

Honestly, it sounds like he’s been dealing with mental health problems and addiction for their entire relationship, and rather than confront him and try to get him help, she was complicit and left him to his own devices. Again, not saying it was her job to “fix” him, having to constantly rein in a grown adult must be exhausting. But she married him and had kids with him? It's very clear to me from Cullen's past why he married someone who was willing to parent him and act like his mother. I still think she needs to take a good, hard look at herself and figure out why she made the choices she did. Hopefully now she is actively telling him to seek professional help (and not just this “Jesus will fix it” stuff) and is prepared to do what is best for her and the kids if he refuses. I just don't think their parent/child dynamic works anymore and they aren't compatible.

I’m not saying they can’t turn their life around and recover, but there seems to be about as much denial and defensiveness as there is candor and honestly in their videos lately. Even Britany, who seems a lot more realistic, is claiming she’s 15 years sober from cocaine, but fails to mention that she was fresh out of prison for selling pot in the mail when she started her channel, and was busted for meth in said prison back in 2015. I actually do find them interesting to listen to when they discuss the past and their addiction on the podcast.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

wishes wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:54 pm Wow. Never would I have pictured Cullen doing cocaine, but here we are.

I know everyone chooses their significant other for all different reasons but drugs like cocaine? Hard no right there. I wouldn’t even date a guy who smoked regular cigarettes.

Katie knew what was happening and still let him continue (unless I misread)? Yikes...
Katie knew he was smoking weed and drinking, and let that continue. Bc she wanted him to be happy and thought that was the answer. The cocaine use was back in the Tallahassee days (and before it seems, when he was still living at home with Britney) and Katie dumped him over it. (About 2 years into their dating) She took him back when he chose her over the drugs. That was when he says “she saved my life”. Bc Britney didn’t stop at that time and became a heavy coke user.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Playsinrain wrote:
wishes wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:54 pm Wow. Never would I have pictured Cullen doing cocaine, but here we are.

Katie knew he was smoking weed and drinking, and let that continue. Bc she wanted him to be happy and thought that was the answer. The cocaine use was back in the Tallahassee days (and before it seems, when he was still living at home with Britney) and Katie dumped him over it. (About 2 years into their dating) She took him back when he chose her over the drugs. That was when he says “she saved my life”. Bc Britney didn’t stop at that time and became a heavy coke user.

Let’s be clear though. He didn’t choose Katie over the drugs. He hid what he was doing... and she is just supposed to believe he never touched cocaine again? Ok. So he’d lie about everything else, but it was ok because it wasn’t that one drug?

Katie knew he was a party boy when she met him. She knew he smoked week, drank to excess, and was willing to dabble in other areas. She didn’t pick Cullen expecting the country club life. I think she picked Cullen because she could control him. This isn’t an addiction that just formed in the last year like she’s saying. He’s always had issues with something. There must be a part of Katie that was drawn to his party boy lifestyle for some reason. Definitely getting harder to argue that Katie wasn’t a part of that herself at some point. I never did drugs, and there was NO WAY I was going to get myself involved with someone who experimented a lot. That world must have been at least a little familiar to her.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 am
Playsinrain wrote:

Let’s be clear though. He didn’t choose Katie over the drugs. He hid what he was doing... and she is just supposed to believe he never touched cocaine again? Ok. So he’d lie about everything else, but it was ok because it wasn’t that one drug?

Katie knew he was a party boy when she met him. She knew he smoked week, drank to excess, and was willing to dabble in other areas. She didn’t pick Cullen expecting the country club life. I think she picked Cullen because she could control him. This isn’t an addiction that just formed in the last year like she’s saying. He’s always had issues with something. There must be a part of Katie that was drawn to his party boy lifestyle for some reason. Definitely getting harder to argue that Katie wasn’t a part of that herself at some point. I never did drugs, and there was NO WAY I was going to get myself involved with someone who experimented a lot. That world must have been at least a little familiar to her.

Oh I agree completely!!!! She wasn’t as dumb to all this as she wants one to think. And these problems DID NOT pop up in the past year for sure. He admitted to having addiction issues or tendencies all the way back to high school. I was just clearing up what he had said in the podcast. How much of that is true is yet to be known. I was just saying that he wasn’t doing coke (that we know of) and Katie was just ok with it,(in the recent past) in the podcast it was the weed and booze she was letting him get away with.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

I definitely agree she partly chose Cullen because she could control him. My marriage sadly has very similar themes to theirs- and I know it's true for me- the more I've done therapy. For me- I think I needed to fix someone broken I could control because I wasn't able to control my father and his lifestyle choices when I was a child and he ended up dying from type I diabetes when I was 6. I don't know much about Katie's childhood honestly- but there's got to be something there.

I also think she has always been a problem drinker- and being with another problem drinker made her be able to feel more comfortable with her own poor relationship with alcohol.

I actually do think the other reason Katie chose Cullen was she very much adored his personality. I truly believe they genuinely enjoy each other more than most spouses do. They are very natural together compared to most YouTube couples. I think that's really evident in their interactions. If she's anything like me- she is questioning if that amazing connection is worth all she's been through choosing someone with so many demons- and I have to think that the answer to that will be determined by if he truly stays in recovery and gets the therapy he needs. He needs at least 3 years of working through childhood trauma to change his way of coping - if not lifelong therapy for the rest of his life. Which there is nothing wrong with. Therapy is a gift to yourself.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Thanks for clearing that up, Playsinrain!

I don't understand how someone accepts excessive drinking & weed use if they're so against it unless they were partaking as well.
☆彡
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Disclaimer: Let's remember this was 15 years ago and people change over time.

Here is Katie's old LiveJournal from 2004 about her and Cullen's adventures, school/family life and some cryptic posts about being hurt. There are few posts about Cullen's past relationships that she seems insecure about and possibly alluding to his drug use?

If ya'll have time, take a gander: https://katiepie307.livejournal.com/
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

japaluvr wrote:Disclaimer: Let's remember this was 15 years ago and people change over time.

Here is Katie's old LiveJournal from 2004 about her and Cullen's adventures, school/family life and some cryptic posts about being hurt. There are few posts about Cullen's past relationships that she seems insecure about and possibly alluding to his drug use?

It was 15 years ago, but some things never change. So many excuses for everything in that journal. Like having to take the dog to get fixed because she’d had two heat cycles already, and it being the vets fault because they had guessed her age wrong. Ok, so why didn’t you get her fixed right after the. FIRST heat cycle?

Also, Grand Doc and Dolly have gone to wrestling events with them (who knew?)

Katie is sad she didn’t get to do an annual mother/daughter trip with Dolly.

Cullen was a man child that used to invite his friend over to play video games while Katie just waited for him in another room (or she was so controlling she insisted on hanging out at his apartment even though she knew he was busy).

And so much immaturity....

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... 030773.jpg[/IMG]

Sure she was young, but she wasn’t as “country club” as people like to assume she was.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wishes wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am Thanks for clearing that up, Playsinrain!

I don't understand how someone accepts excessive drinking & weed use if they're so against it unless they were partaking as well.
I also don't understand how someone can be ok with excessive daily drinking, but then draw the line at smoking weed... yes i get that weed isn't a legal substance and alcohol is, but how is drinking a case of beer a day while being a SAHF to an infant ok, but having a joint to help you sleep at night not??
(I know he never admitted to drinking while alone with Gaines as an infant, but lets be real here... i think Katie's desire to suddenly quit her job and stay home with Gaines full time was not just bc she missed the baby... )
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Katie has never known sober Cullen.

Will they even like each other when/if he comes out the other side of this?

What if he’s a completely different person? What if he suddenly decides he needs more education, or wants to pursue a profession? Getting sober can change everything about a person.

If Katie chose him because of how he made HER feel (ie, she could control him, he chased her, she could feel superior, etc), how will she feel when/if he takes more pride in himself and maybe decides to focus on growth and success?
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wishes wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:18 am Disclaimer: Let's remember this was 15 years ago and people change over time.

They weren't lying when they said their relationship was up and down from day one!!

Return to “Cullen and Katie”