Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I bet getting a "regular" job would help him stay sober. Granted, I've always been skeptical about how he lost his other two jobs. It seemed really convenient the was "laid off" both times.
LilSeb1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LilSeb1010 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I bet getting a "regular" job would help him stay sober. Granted, I've always been skeptical about how he lost his other two jobs. It seemed really convenient the was "laid off" both times.
I thought about that too. Who knows. But all this coming to light definitely begs the question if drugs/heavy drinking was a part of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

Uh 😳 damn Katie
oldschoolmom39
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oldschoolmom39 »

So in the latest vlog they transition the boy into a toddler bed but he still has that damn pacifier in his mouth. They are home 24/7 and have him potty trained already so why would they not take the paci as well. From the looks of it his teeth and mouth shape are already suffering for it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Theirmom wrote:Katie has never known sober Cullen.

Will they even like each other when/if he comes out the other side of this?

What if he’s a completely different person? What if he suddenly decides he needs more education, or wants to pursue a profession? Getting sober can change everything about a person.

If Katie chose him because of how he made HER feel (ie, she could control him, he chased her, she could feel superior, etc), how will she feel when/if he takes more pride in himself and maybe decides to focus on growth and success?
That's actually a very common reason for divorces in couples where one person goes into recovery. And especially when drinking together was a big part of the relationship.
His being defensive about not trying heroin is proof that he's still got some denial going on. It's a "yet" for him. He needs to accept that there is no difference between him and a street junkie with a needle in his arm. As long as he thinks he's better than that, he'll never stay clean and sober.
And Brittany is just being disingenuous and certainly not practicing "rigorous honesty in all her affairs". But she picks and chooses what works, and I guess rigorous honesty "doesn't work". I'm sorry for sounding judgy. But her sitting there claiming 15 years clean and acting like she's the recovery expert when she was drinking up until she got pregnant, went to prison for selling weed, and doing meth in prison, just rubs me the wrong way. She doesn't have to share that, but she shouldn't be talking like she's Ms Recovery either.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I actually do think Brittany can be proud of her recovery. She DOES seem clean and like she has her life together... unlike her brother.

I mean, he wasn’t sober when they were expecting. I gotta give her props for that.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I actually do think Brittany can be proud of her recovery. She DOES seem clean and like she has her life together... unlike her brother.

I mean, he wasn’t sober when they were expecting. I gotta give her props for that.

But she was getting hammered (and filming herself that way) regularly until she got pregnant. I don't know-- it just seems ballsy to me to upload videos of yourself wasted for public consumption right after getting out of prison for drugs. We'll have to see what happens when she has the baby. I just think it's not right for her to go on about being "clean" for 15 years when she was obviously using other things up until she got pregnant. And people were even making excuses for her using meth in prison here. "peer pressure" "fear of other inmates". How about, she is an addict? And that's what they do.
For some reason, people are really eager to give Katie and her family and extended family the benefit of the doubt.
I know I probably sound really hypocritical. I'm not judging. I'm just not buying that any of them have really good recovery going. Hopefully I am totally wrong about Britany. I really, honestly hope I am, and that she continues to keep it together.
Alcoholism and drug addiction are literally deadly. I have lost so many friends over the years. Those kids deserve to grow up with both parents--together or divorced, but alive and present in the moment and not wasted. No wonder Gaines is getting so bossy. Sounds like the adults in the house have checked out.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I’ve been ALL OVER Brittany for her issues in the past. I listened to the podcasts, and thought she had a lot to say. I didn’t see where she was as shady as everyone saw. I also don’t think her brother’s addiction is her fault, and think that she has probably done more to get him clean that Katie has.

I’m not giving her a pass, but I can’t hide her for going clean because she was pregnant either. That’s what she’s supposed to do. Many sadly, do not.

If she’s using to excess after she has the baby, then I’ll criticize her. For now she seems to be clean, and I think that’s a good thing. She obviously got clean despite Katie and Cullen not doing so. Plus she’s treating the podcast like a real business and taking it seriously, which is a lot more than it seemed like Cullen was doing (she takes notes and has a plan, but he says he rolls in and wings it).

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Brooks is cute!! So happy he’s in a big boy bed.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I’ve been ALL OVER Brittany for her issues in the past. I listened to the podcasts, and thought she had a lot to say. I didn’t see where she was as shady as everyone saw. I also don’t think her brother’s addiction is her fault, and think that she has probably done more to get him clean that Katie has.

I’m not giving her a pass, but I can’t hide her for going clean because she was pregnant either. That’s what she’s supposed to do. Many sadly, do not.

If she’s using to excess after she has the baby, then I’ll criticize her. For now she seems to be clean, and I think that’s a good thing. She obviously got clean despite Katie and Cullen not doing so. Plus she’s treating the podcast like a real business and taking it seriously, which is a lot more than it seemed like Cullen was doing (she takes notes and has a plan, but he says he rolls in and wings it).

I agree Brittany has taken DTM a lot more seriously than Cullen which I think is why it has consistently been done unlike other YTers who seem to put one out when they feel like it.
I worry that none of them take recovery as serious and complicated as it is. As many of y’all have said you need to go back to a blank slate no alcohol, illegal drugs or legal drugs. I have friends in recovery, they won’t touch anything regardless if they had issues with it in the past. They tell me they have an addiction personality trait. They would rather err on the side of caution. Brittany cherry picking May find herself in trouble after the baby is born and she finds life not all rainbows and unicorns.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I don't know how much anyone's read Katie's journal, but I found this entry with song lyrics. We know how cryptic she can be with song choices. I'm going to assume it's about his drug use.

https://katiepie307.livejournal.com/14088.html

And another about being betrayed?
https://katiepie307.livejournal.com/12221.html
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I’ve been ALL OVER Brittany for her issues in the past. I listened to the podcasts, and thought she had a lot to say. I didn’t see where she was as shady as everyone saw. I also don’t think her brother’s addiction is her fault, and think that she has probably done more to get him clean that Katie has.

Oh, I definitely don't think anything Cullen did is her fault.
And I didn't mean to sound like I don't think it's great that she's clean and sober while pregnant. It is. Like you said, too many people can't get it together for their baby. I just take issue with her claiming 15 years clean when she was definitely using other substances, and saying that I am taking a wait and see attitude about her actual sobriety until after she has her baby. If she's planning on breastfeeding, that will give her even more time. She may stay clean and sober. I hope so. And like I said, I am in no position to really judge. I relapsed a few times before I got it together.
And I don't mean to sound so harsh. It's just such a serious, life or death thing. People are pretty blunt in meetings, because it will kill you. Jails, insanity and death are the end points for people who can't get sober.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:27 am

Oh, I definitely don't think anything Cullen did is her fault.
And I didn't mean to sound like I don't think it's great that she's clean and sober while pregnant. It is. Like you said, too many people can't get it together for their baby. I just take issue with her claiming 15 years clean when she was definitely using other substances, and saying that I am taking a wait and see attitude about her actual sobriety until after she has her baby. If she's planning on breastfeeding, that will give her even more time. She may stay clean and sober. I hope so. And like I said, I am in no position to really judge. I relapsed a few times before I got it together.
And I don't mean to sound so harsh. It's just such a serious, life or death thing. People are pretty blunt in meetings, because it will kill you. Jails, insanity and death are the end points for people who can't get sober.

I completely agree with you here.. but.. lol
In her defense, she did not claim to be 100% clean for 15 years... she said she has been clean for 15 years "from that" when they were discussing her cocaine use. Not that it downplays anything else she has been doing for those years, BUT she did not claim she was 15 year 100% sober.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Baconsgirl wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 pm Brooks is cute!! So happy he’s in a big boy bed.

When he was trying to get his little legs under the covers.. so FREAKING cute. He was so excited. Good for him!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wishes wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 am I don't know how much anyone's read Katie's journal, but I found this entry with song lyrics. We know how cryptic she can be with song choices. I'm going to assume it's about his drug use.

https://katiepie307.livejournal.com/14088.html

And another about being betrayed?
https://katiepie307.livejournal.com/12221.html
The ex girlfriend thing... i mean everyone thinks their partners ex's are the worst and don't really like them at some point, but Katie seems VERY threatened by the fact that Cullen has ex's. did Katie never really date before him? Her self esteem issues started out at a young age if she was already so upset by Cullen's ex's. It didn't seem like she caught him WITH an ex, just "the thought" of him being with an ex was enough to make her post like this? I completely understand self esteem issues, and not taking someone for granted just bc they are with you. But dang girl... he followed her around the deep south for years before she married him. I don't think she had anything to worry about with the ex's.. the drugs, well it's apparent she was right being upset about that.. but he was (is?) over the moon about her..
woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

Just saw this... referring to the "it's still hard to trust him" part. I wonder if this was something to do with the addiction or maybe ties into the ex post. A few post later she said they had been together for 13 months[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... 97b0b7.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So she was doing public blog posts back when she and Cullen were dating?
Kinda puts the lie to any theories that she wasn't up for YouTube. I can't imagine putting my "journal" online for all to read. I don't imagine anyone would be interested.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:26 am So she was doing public blog posts back when she and Cullen were dating?
Kinda puts the lie to any theories that she wasn't up for YouTube. I can't imagine putting my "journal" online for all to read. I don't imagine anyone would be interested.

Livejournal was a HUGE thing for a few years. Pretty much all my friends and i had one. I posted pretty regularly on mine my senior year of HS and freshman year of college. It was pretty short lived though.. FB and MySpace kinda killed it..
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:30 am
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:26 am So she was doing public blog posts back when she and Cullen were dating?

Livejournal was a HUGE thing for a few years. Pretty much all my friends and i had one. I posted pretty regularly on mine my senior year of HS and freshman year of college. It was pretty short lived though.. FB and MySpace kinda killed it..
Same, although I feel like LJ was still active throughout many years as they had groups as well one can join based on your interests. Also, I don't think she was technology savvy and knew her journal was public therefore not knowing she could make it private.

I also found her Myspace awhile ago, I need to track that down.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

The kid sits in his bed so long in the morning probably because he’s pooping his diaper. As soon as he wakes is the time to sit him on the potty..imho

Return to “Cullen and Katie”