Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Plus the timing for the plugs is bad. Why not later this year when they’ve had a chance to be around more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:11 am Plus the timing for the plugs is bad. Why not later this year when they’ve had a chance to be around more?

Well, if it's a free (or discounted) sponsorship, they probably have to go when the doctor wants them to.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:07 am
queenc13 wrote:
Immom didn’t mention anything about hair plugs or taking time away. Joel can’t miraculously grow hair, but he can prevent himself from gaining weight. So could Bonnie, but she chose not to, then chose not to lose it and got lipo. That’s all the OP was saying.

I think everyone agrees the time away from children is unfair and ridiculous. Had they not traveled so much this year, the week to do his procedure would not be a big deal, same with bonnie’s.
My comment wasn’t just in response to Lmmom, though she has said her position on the lipo enough times for me to know she side eyed it and didn’t see it as self-care.

When Bonnie did hire the trainer, people commented on the time it took away from her kids... Joel runs every morning (and plays all day) and it’s self care. The kids have zero car seat safety and everyone hates on Bonnie and ignores Joel’s involvement.

There just seems to be a double standard when it comes to Joel because he’s the dad and there are less expectations traditionally when it comes to the kids and sacrificing.

Bonnie, who is outspoken, has been the target with negative feedback. Joel remains silent that results in him not receiving hate. Another example of Joel traveling is on Bollie trips with a sick child or children at home on more than one trip. Bonnie had to make a vlog defending her decision to continue working and there was no mention of Joel's decision to stay. It isn't fair Bonnie has taken on all the hate and some of this is because of Joel's silence and editing.
Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

queenc13 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:20 am
Byebyelemons wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm It’s quite unfortunate and insensitive to hear Joel and Bonnie use the terminology ‘short round and bald’ especially since both Joel’s parents are short and round don’t know about the bald!
They are hard working people who raised a wonderful family and did just fine! I am sure some of their viewers may be short round etc. I find it more body shaming than body positivity! I find them more and more disturbing each vlog!
Eh, I half way agree. Joel is admitting he’s already short and balding, and stating that he also doesn’t want to be overweight. Taking care of yourself is body positivity. He never said that that’s the worst thing someone can be or if you are you’re not beautiful, just that that isn’t what he wants for his own body.
I don’t want to be morbidly obese. If someone else does, then that’s their own prerogative and more power to ya, but me stating that I personally don’t want to be obese shouldn’t shame those that are.
Yes to a certain point you are right! I myself am a healthy weight and strive to maintain it, I just can’t help but think how his parents may feel when he says I don’t want to be short and round when both are short and round?!
Byebyelemons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Byebyelemons »

Byebyelemons wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm It’s quite unfortunate and insensitive to hear Joel and Bonnie use the terminology ‘short round and bald’ especially since both Joel’s parents are short and round don’t know about the bald!
They are hard working people who raised a wonderful family and did just fine! I am sure some of their viewers may be short round etc. I find it more body shaming than body positivity! I find them more and more disturbing each vlog!
Eh, I half way agree. Joel is admitting he’s already short and balding, and stating that he also doesn’t want to be overweight. Taking care of yourself is body positivity. He never said that that’s the worst thing someone can be or if you are you’re not beautiful, just that that isn’t what he wants for his own body.
I don’t want to be morbidly obese. If someone else does, then that’s their own prerogative and more power to ya, but me stating that I personally don’t want to be obese shouldn’t shame those that are.
Yes to a certain point you are right! I myself am a healthy weight and strive to maintain it, I just can’t help but think how his parents may feel when he says I don’t want to be short and round when both are short and round?! As well as some of their viewers who don’t have the means to do cosmetic surgery and struggle with weight issues!
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Byebyelemons wrote:
Yes to a certain point you are right! I myself am a healthy weight and strive to maintain it, I just can’t help but think how his parents may feel when he says I don’t want to be short and round when both are short and round?! As well as some of their viewers who don’t have the means to do cosmetic surgery and struggle with weight issues!
These *are* the people who preach being kind and loving but have an entire vlog and professional (!!!) Photo shoot for their clothing line centered around "sad, pathetic single women on Valentine's Day"....things are just not hurtful or unkind unless directed at them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
When Bonnie did hire the trainer, people commented on the time it took away from her kids... Joel runs every morning (and plays all day) and it’s self care. The kids have zero car seat safety and everyone hates on Bonnie and ignores Joel’s involvement.

There just seems to be a double standard when it comes to Joel because he’s the dad and there are less expectations traditionally when it comes to the kids and sacrificing.

In my perspective, there is a big difference in Bonnie working out and Joel working out. Joel wakes up at 5am or some ungodly hour and goes and runs around the neighborhood. Once in a while I think he goes to the gym. No one else in the house is usually awake so it’s not taking any time/attention away from the family.

Bonnie hired a personal trainer to come to the house mid morning (when Boston and Lincoln were both home, awake, needing attention.) She complained about it endlessly, seemingly for the rest of the day each time. So she was taking time from her kids, money from the family (because it can’t be cheap to hire a personal trainer to come to your house,) and was being a miserable bitch the whole time.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Bollievard of Broken Dreams | Part 54

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

angelfire89 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

In my perspective, there is a big difference in Bonnie working out and Joel working out. Joel wakes up at 5am or some ungodly hour and goes and runs around the neighborhood. Once in a while I think he goes to the gym. No one else in the house is usually awake so it’s not taking any time/attention away from the family.

Bonnie hired a personal trainer to come to the house mid morning (when Boston and Lincoln were both home, awake, needing attention.) She complained about it endlessly, seemingly for the rest of the day each time. So she was taking time from her kids, money from the family (because it can’t be cheap to hire a personal trainer to come to your house,) and was being a miserable bitch the whole time.
But then Joel is gone all day playing with Jared.

He isn’t any more involved with the kids. People just don’t expect him to be.

The “taking money from her family” argument is a bit of a reach as well when she’s also the main breadwinner. Is Joel’s gym membership taking money away? How about the toys he’s bought? What does Joel do for the business besides edit?

This isn’t a defence of Bonnie at all, because she’s a shitty parent, but here are some serious blinders on when it comes to Joel imo. You can’t hold Bonnie to one standard, and then give Joel a semi-pass because he isn’t the face of the channel. He’s hiding behind Bonnie, but he’s supporting her because he’s the same.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I think Joel even realizes Bonnie is the main breadwinner or this isn't an equal partnership. Without her, he is back working graveyard shifts and overtime. Is there anything beyond editing we see Joel do since they also have Bri as Bonnie's assistant? Editing a vlog five days a week, with delays and some videos that are filmed on one day is at the most a part-time job. Clintus TV has shown on Twitch what it takes to edit a vlog and he said the length of the vlog = time needed to edit. We watched as he edited a vlog and it didn't look too difficult, but the hard part is finding interesting things to film and coming up with a thumbnail that will catch viewers' interest.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:57 pm I think Joel even realizes Bonnie is the main breadwinner or this isn't an equal partnership. Without her, he is back working graveyard shifts and overtime. Is there anything beyond editing we see Joel do since they also have Bri as Bonnie's assistant? Editing a vlog five days a week, with delays and some videos that are filmed on one day is at the most a part-time job. Clintus TV has shown on Twitch what it takes to edit a vlog and he said the length of the vlog = time needed to edit. We watched as he edited a vlog and it didn't look too difficult, but the hard part is finding interesting things to film and coming up with a thumbnail that will catch viewers' interest.
Yeah, his only job is to edit vlogs and he isn't even good at that. He leaves in all kinds of questionable footage and doesn't even bother to add funny snippets like he used to. Basically his whole existence is to cater to Bonnie and hang out with Jared. I don't know how he can be happy with himself.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

It seems their channel has become an info brand commercial for Hairline King or Bollie. This isn't my personal taste in entertainment and I wished they did the hair transplant videos in a day or two. The Griffith family is keeping the beauty industry busy with numerous procedures they've had done recently.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

angelfire89 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:28 am
HelloSweetie wrote:

There's a difference sure, but there is nothing wrong with a mom trying to fit into her schedule a work out while she has some of the kids, this is a reality for most moms. I think it was more like 8 or 9 am which to me is reasonable. My only complaint about Bonnie's workouts was her crying and carrying on about them. She should have found something that she likes to do. I also have no problem with her spending a pile of money on a personal trainer, I think it's money well spent and if I had the extra cash I'd spend it. Heck, I pay double what I would on a gym fee on my Karate membership because it's what motivates me to go 3/4 times a week and I have to sacrifice lots to do it but to me my health is worth it.
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Most of these family vloggers are so dense. Bonnie thinks just because her channel is named after herself that viewers will watch and be satisfied with anything that showcases her, no matter how boring. She forgets that it’s her cute kids that originally were the draw for viewers. Very few, if any, wants to see Joel’s hair transplant journey or her kids being ignored or neglected. Even the women viewers that looked up to her as a plus-sized role model have been alienated.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

angelfire89 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

In my opinion I don’t think anyone is ignoring Joel’s involvement, it’s not like people are trying to paint him as a saint who does no wrong. I think it has more to do with Bonnie making this HER channel - hence it still being called the Bonnie hoellein channel. So people (myself included) just say Bonnie. I know for myself I know Joel is just as much at fault for the shitty choices they make. I just never feel like saying “Bonnie and Joel”.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Z3phyr wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:28 am Most of these family vloggers are so dense. Bonnie thinks just because her channel is named after herself that viewers will watch and be satisfied with anything that showcases her, no matter how boring. She forgets that it’s her cute kids that originally were the draw for viewers. Very few, if any, wants to see Joel’s hair transplant journey or her kids being ignored or neglected. Even the women viewers that looked up to her as a plus-sized role model have been alienated.
You would think that but the actual transplant vlog has 349,000 views. Ellie and Jared haven't managed that on any vlog they have done lately.

I still say this was a sponsored deal. If not, this doctor charges between 3,000 to 25,000 for the procedure.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Even if I put the kids feelings on their parents being gone so often, and the possible waste of money these cosmetic procedures are in the grand scheme of things, I just have ZERO interest in watching Joel get hair plugs, or watching Bonnie get lipo. Its just not relatable to me and I don't care to watch it.
Id rather have watched Bonnie put the hard work in and change her diet to lose the weight, or watched Joel talk about his thinning hair and what he does to make himself confident in other ways. That's relatable to me. I could stand to lose a few pounds and tone up, my husband has thinning hair, we wont be spending money on changing those things but its always nice to see other people dealing with normal life things, in normal ways, and possibly getting some motivation from them!

A big part of why Bonnie and Joel are losing my interest is because theyre not relatable anymore.

Honestly, without getting too far into comparisons, I think that's why Ruby is doing so well vs. Bonnie and Ellie. Because while she clearly has luxury items and money isn't the issue it once was she still puts out a relatable front. She still markets herself as a forgetful, busy mom of normal kids, her husband still works. Her life seems relatable for the most part.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

sheltiefan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am You would think that but the actual transplant vlog has 349,000 views. Ellie and Jared haven't managed that on any vlog they have done lately.
I still say this was a sponsored deal. If not, this doctor charges between 3,000 to 25,000 for the procedure.
I'd be surprised if it isn't sponsored and while this one vlog did better than others, views went up with the new thumbnail picture. It shows how important a thumbnail and video tags are when enticing viewers to watch a video. A few more days of hair transplant vlogs might not see the same results, but I could be wrong because I'm still surprised their trip vlogs haven't done well. I'd hate to think Joel's hairline could outdo Lady's vlogs. :D
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Z3phyr wrote:Most of these family vloggers are so dense. Bonnie thinks just because her channel is named after herself that viewers will watch and be satisfied with anything that showcases her, no matter how boring. She forgets that it’s her cute kids that originally were the draw for viewers. Very few, if any, wants to see Joel’s hair transplant journey or her kids being ignored or neglected. Even the women viewers that looked up to her as a plus-sized role model have been alienated.
I was thinking about the same thing earlier today. That Ruby's channel is "8 Passengers" and that implies it's about her _family_. Ellie and Jared's channel is at least named after the couple. But Bonnie's is just named after Bonnie. And granted, I enjoyed watching her in the early days when she was relatable, but it wasn't just her. It was the family dynamic that I enjoyed. It was like visiting a friend. And she has completely lost that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

See what I mean... her Mother’s Day pic she just posted on insta/FB is SO nice. She looks great, the kids look good. She’s got a pony in, a real smile and she looks out together. A glimpse at the normal family I used to love.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Z3phyr wrote:Most of these family vloggers are so dense. Bonnie thinks just because her channel is named after herself that viewers will watch and be satisfied with anything that showcases her, no matter how boring. She forgets that it’s her cute kids that originally were the draw for viewers. Very few, if any, wants to see Joel’s hair transplant journey or her kids being ignored or neglected. Even the women viewers that looked up to her as a plus-sized role model have been alienated.
Yes, yes, and yes. I watched her because I was her age when I had four babies. It was sentimental reasons I watched. I have no sentimental reason to watch her get lipo or Joel get hair plugs!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”