Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Baconsgirl

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Catface2 wrote:The kid sits in his bed so long in the morning probably because he’s pooping his diaper. As soon as he wakes is the time to sit him on the potty..imho
I agree! If they want Brooks to be potty trained then they gotta be proactive. What 2 year old will say “ I’m up, now I gotta go to the potty”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Catface2 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:05 am The kid sits in his bed so long in the morning probably because he’s pooping his diaper. As soon as he wakes is the time to sit him on the potty..imho
I thought they tried that though and he wound up not pooping for like 2 or 3 days. That's when they pulled that tent out and tried to get him to use that (with the potty inside) and that didn't work either. Some kids are just weird about pooping. Maybe having the freedom to get out of the bed on his own and go to the potty by himself (instead of someone having to be there to get him out of the crib to go) will make him want to use the potty? He might just like to have his privacy while going, and he didn't really have that option in his crib? (other than going before he let anyone know he was awake) It will work itself out i'm sure.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

According to Cullen’s IG, Brooks had a toaster strudel for breakfast. Yuck.

Also, it appears Cullen was up with him at 8 am. He was going FAR out of his way to appear energetic in the story. The mania has returned. Perhaps Cullen found a tool to help him handle the earlier mornings with Katie and the kids?

Amanda876
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Amanda876 »

Why does Brooks use a pacifier still? I got my daughter off of hers at 18 months took 3 days for her to forget it.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Amanda876 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am Why does Brooks use a pacifier still? I got my daughter off of hers at 18 months took 3 days for her to forget it.
They said yesterday that he told them he was ready to be done with them. Idk how that's going though.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

wishes wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:04 am
Playsinrain wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:30 am
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:26 am So she was doing public blog posts back when she and Cullen were dating?
Kinda puts the lie to any theories that she wasn't up for YouTube. I can't imagine putting my "journal" online for all to read. I don't imagine anyone would be interested.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Livejournal was a HUGE thing for a few years. Pretty much all my friends and i had one. I posted pretty regularly on mine my senior year of HS and freshman year of college. It was pretty short lived though.. FB and MySpace kinda killed it..
Same, although I feel like LJ was still active throughout many years as they had groups as well one can join based on your interests. Also, I don't think she was technology savvy and knew her journal was public therefore not knowing she could make it private.

I also found her Myspace awhile ago, I need to track that down.
Yeah, back then everyone had an online journal/diary/blog. I'm sure my old MySpace was full of old personal and relationship stuff.

I thought the song lyrics were about them breaking up because the next post mentioning Cullen isn't until January when he moved to Tuscaloosa. If you've watched their "Draw My Life" that seem to be the accurate timeline. Together for two years and he was in Birmingham when they split up and then got back together and he moved to Tuscaloosa. I wonder if he moved there because Katie didn't trust him being so far away?? I wonder if that was when he was living with his sister and doing all the coke...that seems like it might have been the case.

Also, you can't "blame" Brittany, but they were totally bad influences on each other. I imagine Cullen was into drugs almost as much as she was, but she GOT CAUGHT and went to jail. He didn't. I am SURE Brittany was his dealer for pot when she was selling/got arrested.

Looking back on some of the old, old vlogs he definitely appears to be driving drunk or intoxicated. Even last year he was driving the golf cart on regular roads with a drink in his hand—definitely illegal...and Brittany was there and drinking along with him. Brittany is NO SAINT!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

No one said Brittany was a saint, but people are giving Cullen credit for being 10 days “sober” so I’m not about to criticize Brittany’s progress as not good enough when she’s been sober (as far as we know) for months now.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The thing is, it doesn't matter. I haven't had a drink since October 1999. I didn't really get long term recovery until May 2003. I would get laughed out of a meeting if I specified like that or said I was "sober 19 + years but clean 15+". She was still using all kinds of mind altering substances. Hard enough to end up in prison and getting her time extended.
But whatever. I do really hope she's able to stay clean for a long time. I think we can all agree on that. In no way am I hoping she fails.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Crap. I was supposed to be quoting in my last post.
Sorry!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm The thing is, it doesn't matter. I haven't had a drink since October 1999. I didn't really get long term recovery until May 2003. I would get laughed out of a meeting if I specified like that or said I was "sober 19 + years but clean 15+". She was still using all kinds of mind altering substances. Hard enough to end up in prison and getting her time extended.
But whatever. I do really hope she's able to stay clean for a long time. I think we can all agree on that. In no way am I hoping she fails.

I didn't take it as her trying to make up a fake sobriety timeline, or trying to dupe people into thinking that she has been 100% clean and sober since then...(bc she went on to talk about doing other drugs after that point) all i took it for was face value. They were talking about doing coke, and she said she had been 15 years clean from that specific drug. That in itself is something to be proud of and something that she would probably use as a milestone in her own head. Just like you know that you have been sober for 19 and clean for 15, in her personal recovery story she has been 15 years clean from cocaine use. I don't think she meant anything more than just that. Congrats btw!! That's a huge accomplishment!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm The thing is, it doesn't matter. I haven't had a drink since October 1999. I didn't really get long term recovery until May 2003. I would get laughed out of a meeting if I specified like that or said I was "sober 19 + years but clean 15+". She was still using all kinds of mind altering substances. Hard enough to end up in prison and getting her time extended.

I didn't take it as her trying to make up a fake sobriety timeline, or trying to dupe people into thinking that she has been 100% clean and sober since then...(bc she went on to talk about doing other drugs after that point) all i took it for was face value. They were talking about doing coke, and she said she had been 15 years clean from that specific drug. That in itself is something to be proud of and something that she would probably use as a milestone in her own head. Just like you know that you have been sober for 19 and clean for 15, in her personal recovery story she has been 15 years clean from cocaine use. I don't think she meant anything more than just that. Congrats btw!! That's a huge accomplishment!
Exactly! Brittany never said she was 15 years clean from everything, so she isn’t being dishonest.

She is more clean than Cullen is. Both have a long way to go, but whatever she is doing does seem to be working. She looks healthy, and doesn’t seem to be using at all.

She has been able to stop drinking for months now, and unless she went through a big detox period we didn’t see, her transition was easy. Her problem doesn’t seem to have been alcohol. We do have reason to believe that this is Cullen’s issue, and it appears he wasn’t able to even last 8 or 9 days before having a drink. That is more concerning at this point as far as I’m concerned, plus this is his board.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's hard to believe Brittany has only been out of jail just barely more than a year (Oct. 2017 and she was using meth while in jail). I also remember how Katie wasn't excited at all she was back in their lives. I think Katie knew Cullen's problems would get worse with his sister around...and I REALLY think they did. Brittany was a HUGE drinker after her release from jail. Her engagement trip was basically soaked in booze between just her and Corey. I thought that was really strange at the time considering her past issues.

I'm sure Brittany's return gave Cullen excuses to drink and smoke pot and get away from Katie/kids more than when she was still in jail. It was just after Brittany's release that Katie and Cullen's relationship problems really started hitting the fan.

Like I mentioned, you can't blame Brittany, but she was definitely Cullen's enabler and former pot dealer.

It's also really telling me something that Brittany is "open" but she's NEVER revealed being in jail for being a drug dealer. Addicts tend to be liars who can't be trusted. I don't really believe her or Cullen.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah it's strange to me that Brittany is willing to reveal her cocaine addiction and how it almost killed her, but not being in jail for dealing pot. Those are two very different crimes in my opinion, and it makes me wonder what it is about her prison time that makes her so unwilling to reveal it. There's something strange there, for sure.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

I watched his podcast again today.

He really seems to think his weed usage is the huge issue and that’s it.

And honestly, weed isn’t the worst thing he could be using. Especially because he’s been self medicating for his ADHD and depression.

I honestly don’t see the issue with being monitored and using a controlled amount of weed at night to help you sleep. (He was mentioning he couldn’t sleep and had horrible sweats)

Though I’m in Canada where MMJ and recreational weed is legal... so I guess my opinion would be different.

I made a comment on the video urging him to address his ADHD and get professional help in general. He seems to be winging it, and you can’t do that with something as serious as addiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:17 pm Yeah it's strange to me that Brittany is willing to reveal her cocaine addiction and how it almost killed her, but not being in jail for dealing pot. Those are two very different crimes in my opinion, and it makes me wonder what it is about her prison time that makes her so unwilling to reveal it. There's something strange there, for sure.
I'm guessing they're still hiding it because they totally hid it for years with LIES about Brittany "living in Colorado" when she was really in jail in the next county over. They just have to keep perpetuating lies, lies, lies...which doesn't seem healthy. I'm also guessing most of their viewers don't know and it would embarrass the family for the "world" to know pregnant Brittany is a felon.

I wish she would talk about it. It would be interesting to hear THE TRUTH...from both of them.
Nolagirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nolagirl »

So I don’t comment on here often, but I do read here daily. Brooks is adorable when he kept saying, “Hey Guys”, I mean the cutest thing!! I know he turned 2, in July. Is how he speaks now normal? To me, he needs a little improvement, but then again how he talks is so cute! I guess it sounds weird to me bc he’s always speaking so fast and stutters when he speaks bc he’s so excited.
Can anyone shed light on his speech? I’m just innocently asking if it’s normal for him to stutter like he does? He’s just the cutest little boy!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Nolagirl wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:35 pm So I don’t comment on here often, but I do read here daily. Brooks is adorable when he kept saying, “Hey Guys”, I mean the cutest thing!! I know he turned 2, in July. Is how he speaks now normal? To me, he needs a little improvement, but then again how he talks is so cute! I guess it sounds weird to me bc he’s always speaking so fast and stutters when he speaks bc he’s so excited.
Can anyone shed light on his speech? I’m just innocently asking if it’s normal for him to stutter like he does? He’s just the cutest little boy!
Personally, I think he may have a stutter that might need speech therapy. I had a stutter growing up and speech therapy worked wonders for me. My son is also in speech therapy for a speech delay so I just really trust the process of getting kids evaluated and getting help when necessary. He could just grow out of it but I have never heard a 2 year old talk like that. Who knows it could be completely normal?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Nolagirl wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:35 pm So I don’t comment on here often, but I do read here daily. Brooks is adorable when he kept saying, “Hey Guys”, I mean the cutest thing!! I know he turned 2, in July. Is how he speaks now normal? To me, he needs a little improvement, but then again how he talks is so cute! I guess it sounds weird to me bc he’s always speaking so fast and stutters when he speaks bc he’s so excited.
Personally, I think he may have a stutter that might need speech therapy. I had a stutter growing up and speech therapy worked wonders for me. My son is also in speech therapy for a speech delay so I just really trust the process of getting kids evaluated and getting help when necessary. He could just grow out of it but I have never heard a 2 year old talk like that. Who knows it could be completely normal?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

If anyone watches Katie’s latest video can they do a recap please? If there is anything interesting said that is...

I’m not wasting 29 minutes of my day watching Katie organize her kids’ clothes when I child be doing the same thing.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:49 pm
RootBeerFloatie wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:17 pm Yeah it's strange to me that Brittany is willing to reveal her cocaine addiction and how it almost killed her, but not being in jail for dealing pot. Those are two very different crimes in my opinion, and it makes me wonder what it is about her prison time that makes her so unwilling to reveal it. There's something strange there, for sure.
I'm guessing they're still hiding it because they totally hid it for years with LIES about Brittany "living in Colorado" when she was really in jail in the next county over. They just have to keep perpetuating lies, lies, lies...which doesn't seem healthy. I'm also guessing most of their viewers don't know and it would embarrass the family for the "world" to know pregnant Brittany is a felon.

I wish she would talk about it. It would be interesting to hear THE TRUTH...from both of them.
there was no reason for Cullen or Katie to tell the world Britney was in jail. It's not their story to tell. If Britney wants to talk about it then so be it, but you can't blame C&K for "perpetuating lies lies lies" for not airing his sisters dirty laundry while she wasn't around to defend herself. That's incredibly wrong. I have been watching the vlogs since BEFORE Britney went to jail and they never once said she was living in Colorado after she left. They always said she was living "out of town" which is not a lie. Colorado was never even mentioned until Britney talked about it. It is NOT Cullen's place to discuss his sisters business on such a public platform. That being said, i do hope with time and the way things are going on DTM that she does eventually talk about her jail time, but she has no obligation to do so until and unless she feels comfortable doing it. It's extremely entitled to seemingly DEMAND someone talk about something they are obviously not proud of. Put yourself in her shoes, would you want your brother and sister in law telling everyone your dirty secrets? And who the hell cares if she is felon? Felons can't have children now? They can't do their time, get out, get a job, marry their long time boy friend who stuck by her this whole time, settle down and have a family? It seems you have a great deal of dislike for anyone who is an addict (from your last post calling all addicts liars that can "never" be trusted... i assume you mean after recovery as well?) or a felon. People change, and sometimes it's for the good. Britney may be no angel, but she seems to have a lot of good things going for her right now and seems healthy and happy... Is she not allowed to have that? Or privacy surrounding things she may be currently ashamed of that happened in her past?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”