8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Namm wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:07 am Regardless Kevin provides for his family and the kids love and adore him because he is a funny and good father. About him looking distance isn't unique for him because that's how most husbands and working men act. My boss and his two male colleagues discussed how they hate how much their wives like to talk when they come home. They rather have a quiet moment when they come home because they have to talk so much at work.

Just because Kevin isn't faking it like many other Youtube fathers who do nothing else outside the Youtube world doesn't mean that he isn't present in his own way. Kevin has said that his approach is hands off. Don't know how many of you work full time with children. Working as a teacher where you have to give so much of your self is tiring. He should be able to chill and relax in his own home with or without the camera filming. Some of you are looking to deep in things that are nothing than normal behavior from a working father with six children.
The only thing that annoys me in his fatherhood is that he doesn't put his foot down enough when it comes to how Ruby treats and exposes the children, he just looks the other way.

Concerning their marriage, if something is wrong than Ruby is equally to blame. But from what I've seen they seem to love each other in their own awkward way. It can't be easy to maintain a marriage with 6 children.
My sister and her husband both work and have 3 children under 6. So which one should get to be the "hands off" parent, who gets to relax at home after work like a Mormon man with 6 kids? Who is going to raise the kids if a job is a free pass to bow out of the work and responsibility at home? If you make kids, you are responsible for them. Even if you are tired. Generally, the more effort you invest in them, the better they turn out.

Kevin does not display "normal behavior" based on every other educated working parent of this generation that I know. I feel like people's view of "normal" may be skewed by the mass amount of Mormon vloggers represented on YT. Any family with a working parent is already abnormal in this scenario. Ignoring your child's injuries because they are hard to deal with, is not normal. Not taking a 1.5 hr flight home from Vegas when your toddler is in the hospital with a babysitter, because he is unable to breathe and is not responding to treatment.....is not normal. Ignoring your children's' repeated failures and reprimands at school because they are inconvenient, is not normal.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LilaRose »

anyone still wondering why Eve isn't growing properly?

In today's vlog Ruby mentions again that she and Eve used to go to Reams DAILY. And a few weeks back, talking about this habit, she said that they get the same meal every time. For Eve, it was/is a corndog. So for months, maybe even years, Eve's lunch was a single corndog with ketchup. I just can't believe this woman is considering herself a great mother and is soooo overly confident with her parenting. It's such a basic thing to know that kids need certain nutrients to grow healthily. I can't believe this woman.
Mummyuk
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mummyuk »

LilaRose wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:19 am anyone still wondering why Eve isn't growing properly?

In today's vlog Ruby mentions again that she and Eve used to go to Reams DAILY. And a few weeks back, talking about this habit, she said that they get the same meal every time. For Eve, it was/is a corndog. So for months, maybe even years, Eve's lunch was a single corndog with ketchup. I just can't believe this woman is considering herself a great mother and is soooo overly confident with her parenting. It's such a basic thing to know that kids need certain nutrients to grow healthily. I can't believe this woman.
Ruby has all the signs of being a shit mother by thinking she is the best. A mum that doesn't question herself, her decisions and doubt herself weekly isn't the best mother. All us good mum's question ourselves over everything and hope we did the best we could and dealt with a situation as best as we could and never call ourselves powerfull because we arnt. We all blag it and try our best but always question our decisions. Ruby is self obsessed and believes she is powerful and the best mother ever because the older 2 turned out good. No mother is that confident and continuously tells everyone how great they are at parenting. Not just everyone but over a million people in her channel. She lives in fantasy world. Her book is going to be a joke.
whimsy7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by whimsy7 »

Regarding todays vlog when they break into Kesley's bedroom and root through her stuff.
Way to show your kids how to be creepy and stalkerish. How is this teaching boundaries towards others, respect for others space and belongings and most of all...respecting another persons decision. Yes, I realise this entire thing is a "bit" and a total set up, but to portray it in such a way is disgusting on so many levels.

Oh, your valentine didn't reciprocate? Don't fret, just break into their home, look through their personal things and force yourself upon them. Great parenting, Ruby. It's like serial killer 101. Gives me Joe Goldberg vibes (the obsessive stalker/sociopath/murderer in YOU the netflix series).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mummyuk wrote:
LilaRose wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:19 am anyone still wondering why Eve isn't growing properly?

Ruby has all the signs of being a shit mother by thinking she is the best. A mum that doesn't question herself, her decisions and doubt herself weekly isn't the best mother. All us good mum's question ourselves over everything and hope we did the best we could and dealt with a situation as best as we could and never call ourselves powerfull because we arnt. We all blag it and try our best but always question our decisions. Ruby is self obsessed and believes she is powerful and the best mother ever because the older 2 turned out good. No mother is that confident and continuously tells everyone how great they are at parenting. Not just everyone but over a million people in her channel. She lives in fantasy world. Her book is going to be a joke.
I have said exactly this about Bonnie. I questioned my parenting all the time. The fact that they refuse to believe that maybe they're doing something wrong is suspect in itself. Most moms question themselves daily.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:32 am
Namm wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:07 am Regardless Kevin provides for his family and the kids love and adore him because he is a funny and good father. About him looking distance isn't unique for him because that's how most husbands and working men act. My boss and his two male colleagues discussed how they hate how much their wives like to talk when they come home. They rather have a quiet moment when they come home because they have to talk so much at work.

Just because Kevin isn't faking it like many other Youtube fathers who do nothing else outside the Youtube world doesn't mean that he isn't present in his own way. Kevin has said that his approach is hands off. Don't know how many of you work full time with children. Working as a teacher where you have to give so much of your self is tiring. He should be able to chill and relax in his own home with or without the camera filming. Some of you are looking to deep in things that are nothing than normal behavior from a working father with six children.
The only thing that annoys me in his fatherhood is that he doesn't put his foot down enough when it comes to how Ruby treats and exposes the children, he just looks the other way.

Concerning their marriage, if something is wrong than Ruby is equally to blame. But from what I've seen they seem to love each other in their own awkward way. It can't be easy to maintain a marriage with 6 children.
My sister and her husband both work and have 3 children under 6. So which one should get to be the "hands off" parent, who gets to relax at home after work like a Mormon man with 6 kids? Who is going to raise the kids if a job is a free pass to bow out of the work and responsibility at home? If you make kids, you are responsible for them. Even if you are tired. Generally, the more effort you invest in them, the better they turn out.

Kevin does not display "normal behavior" based on every other educated working parent of this generation that I know. I feel like people's view of "normal" may be skewed by the mass amount of Mormon vloggers represented on YT. Any family with a working parent is already abnormal in this scenario. Ignoring your child's injuries because they are hard to deal with, is not normal. Not taking a 1.5 hr flight home from Vegas when your toddler is in the hospital with a babysitter, because he is unable to breathe and is not responding to treatment.....is not normal. Ignoring your children's' repeated failures and reprimands at school because they are inconvenient, is not normal.
There's a lot going on in this family that is wrong but I still see a man who is loved and preferred by his children and he is better than most fathers out there. The kids don't get sad when Ruby leaves and they don't cheer up when she comes home but they run to their fathers arms when he's been gone for a while. I haven't watched the vlog about their Vegas trip so I know nothing about him leaving a sick child. Isn't Ruby suppose to be at home and care for the kids when Kevin is working or traveling?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Kevin is definitely not better than most fathers. He may be better than most YT dads (and that I do still find debatable), but I wouldn’t say he’s better than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

OMG .. Ruby is really doing doing a disservice to those kids. They NEED to be taught boundaries! You DO NOT go into others drawers and touch their personal things! Why is she so dumb? This shit is a big part of common sense. And...fire lighter thingy...WHAT?! A lighter dip! And u left that in a public vlog! Now ppl might think Kesley smokes or something...just what any LDS doesn’t do..or want anyone to know they do. But...the “we’re so cultured” ya, my ass! This vlog was a giant off the rails train wreck! If I were the Leroy’s..I’d run for the hills! This fam is a bunch of literal morons..with zero intelligence or class
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

The woman is so dense! First it looked so staged Chad had no idea until she told him when he came into the car! Sounds like the moms planned it for footage! Second way to go show teens to break into houses like stalkers!
Also someone broke into her room as a child and she thought it was the cutest thing ever because he left balloons! My freaking G is she serious? How creepy and scary how does she even know it was a peer and not some weirdo older person! Is the woman insane to say that to her teenage audience! She needs a police warning me thinks!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

and Eve got a nice confusing lesson on how it is ok to break onto sb house
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Shanna had to be in on it. The moms are pushing their kids together for views. They're already shipping the 11 year olds!
One of my girlfriends was dating a guy who broke into her apartment and left a rose on her pillow. She thought it was romantic. I was stunned. I thought it was the creepiest thing ever. She didn't live on the first floor, either!
Encouraging this isn't cute or romantic. What if he breaks into some girl's dorm room at college and instead of thinking it is cool, she calls the police?

ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

what if one of them breaks into their bf/gf/crush/friends house when they’re older, and they get shot or something - won’t be staged then #mothersarepowerful
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ujvs_ wrote:what if one of them breaks into their bf/gf/crush/friends house when they’re older, and they get shot or something - won’t be staged then #mothersarepowerful
Utah is a "stand your ground" state, after all.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Mothers who encourage their teenage sons to break into their "crushes'" bedrooms are not powerful.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sorry the LV example was from her sister Bonnie's vlog, it was just another example of behavior I would never see from any of the educated & employed parents I know, that seems to be standard practice in the Mormon vlogger world.

I don't even watch her, but the "Shaming Working Moms" title piqued my curiosity. Both parents were at a fashion convention (with Ruby) going out on the town to Cirque du Soleil and all. Meanwhile, the youngest was in the hospital with croup not responding to several rounds of steroids, another was home with strep and 2 more had to be shuttled back and forth to school. All under a babysitters care. Even if she absolutely needed to look at this specific fashion crap, why couldn't her sisters take pictures/samples? Why couldn't her husband fly home and check on his children? He was simply there for fun, as far as I could tell. I wouldn't trust a babysitter to monitor and make emergency medical decisions, unless I was physically unable to get back to my children. Even soulless corporations would let you go back to take care of your critically ill child. Even some of her fans seemed appalled.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

It definitely seemed staged by the moms, but I can only hope the kids fully understood this and even Julie's rummaging through drawers was scripted by the director. I found it hard to believe anyone thought that Chad wanted "revenge" on his girlfriend and thought that, revenge looked like spending more money, on more gifts, in the form of a "heart attack" decoration scheme. Sounds just like an aggressive, egocentric teen boy!

I thought it was hilarious that "expert minimalist" Ruby was jealous of their "minimalist" furniture and bare walls. Do you think Ruby threw away Rhett's Valentine board, forgot it and lied, or really lost it in her minimalist home?

Also, if Shari got her haircut a week ago, why is everyone only seeing it now? Their timeline confuses me.....4 days of Valentine content so far, but it could be weeks before we see footage from February 14th. Glad to see Kevin forced Ruby to go to an Indian restaurant against her will. It's good for her. She even admitted she was wrong.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:31 am Shanna had to be in on it. The moms are pushing their kids together for views. They're already shipping the 11 year olds!
One of my girlfriends was dating a guy who broke into her apartment and left a rose on her pillow. She thought it was romantic. I was stunned. I thought it was the creepiest thing ever. She didn't live on the first floor, either!
Encouraging this isn't cute or romantic. What if he breaks into some girl's dorm room at college and instead of thinking it is cool, she calls the police?

Totally I wouldn’t care if the bought me a whole forest it is totally unacceptable creeping into someone’s private area breaking in no less! Creepy stalking behavior!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:09 am Sorry the LV example was from her sister Bonnie's vlog, it was just another example of behavior I would never see from any of the educated & employed parents I know, that seems to be standard practice in the Mormon vlogger world.

I don't even watch her, but the "Shaming Working Moms" title piqued my curiosity. Both parents were at a fashion convention (with Ruby) going out on the town to Cirque du Soleil and all. Meanwhile, the youngest was in the hospital with croup not responding to several rounds of steroids, another was home with strep and 2 more had to be shuttled back and forth to school. All under a babysitters care. Even if she absolutely needed to look at this specific fashion crap, why couldn't her sisters take pictures/samples? Why couldn't her husband fly home and check on his children? He was simply there for fun, as far as I could tell. I wouldn't trust a babysitter to monitor and make emergency medical decisions, unless I was physically unable to get back to my children. Even soulless corporations would let you go back to take care of your critically ill child. Even some of her fans seemed appalled.
Truly mind blowing despicable woman what makes it eorse even after the fact she chose to go to Kim than her child that was struggling to keep his oxygen levels in check! Any parent would not have spent a wink that night checking on the child hers was with a babysitter! At Kim she waa super hyper active like an immature 16 year old again knowing her child had suffered a critical episode! Grrrrr!Someone or something seriously needs to slap her hard into awareness!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 am It definitely seemed staged by the moms, but I can only hope the kids fully understood this and even Julie's rummaging through drawers was scripted by the director. I found it hard to believe anyone thought that Chad wanted "revenge" on his girlfriend and thought that, revenge looked like spending more money, on more gifts, in the form of a "heart attack" decoration scheme. Sounds just like an aggressive, egocentric teen boy!

I thought it was hilarious that "expert minimalist" Ruby was jealous of their "minimalist" furniture and bare walls. Do you think Ruby threw away Rhett's Valentine board, forgot it and lied, or really lost it in her minimalist home?

Also, if Shari got her haircut a week ago, why is everyone only seeing it now? Their timeline confuses me.....4 days of Valentine content so far, but it could be weeks before we see footage from February 14th. Glad to see Kevin forced Ruby to go to an Indian restaurant against her will. It's good for her. She even admitted she was wrong.
As soon as Chad got in the car from school you could see he had no idea she edited out the bit she tells him and then he is all revenge! How immature she must be towards her children!? They are having fun because they young but when they mature surely they will question her stupidity!
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Has Ruby always been forgetful/stupid?? I don’t remember how she was at the beginning other than being insanely strict about chores.
Does she think it’s cute/funny/vlog worthy to act like/post this?? Does it really happen?? Not just acting?
I do have a co worker that reminds me a lot like Ruby. It’s NOT fun to work with. Not just work related stuff. Also get to hear stories ( almost feel sorry for the co workers kids)

Return to “8 Passengers”