Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by onbreak »

They are probably still deferring the student loans.

Crazy obvious how they both cannot function in the real world. Why is it not coming across to them during editing?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

My son sent me this last night. He wants to buy a van and fix it like this.

Move over, Corbin! .. the next generations here

For a journalist and an artist they should have two small businesses minimum.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

onbreak wrote:

My son sent me this last night. He wants to buy a van and fix it like this.

Move over, Corbin! .. the next generations here

For a journalist and an artist they should have two small businesses minimum.
A journalist? An artist? Meh, they PRETEND to be those things. I've worked in journalism for about 15 years now. Corbin's "career" in journalism is a JOKE. He was a "producer" at a super tiny news station for about a year and just didn't have what it takes to really have a career in journalism. It's a tough job and it doesn't pay much (I definitely know about that, LOL). I can tell by watching the vlogs why he quit—he doesn't want to put in the work. He's lazy! So is Kelsey.

I think he meant that their "small business" is doing brand deals. I'm sure they aren't doing anything else.
Sunshiner
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sunshiner »

Wow...$3000 a month still??? Holy cow. Thays some serious debt to pay off. I bet they're fuming that they've barely moved from 250k subs for a long time now. How can they not see that their 'van life' vlogs are 95% boring??? I literally liked a couple moments like the secret lake I thought was beautiful. (I never like their vids i refuse to help them lol) But then it's sort of tainted with dumb videos like their expenses. Probably because they did nothing all day and had no better ideas!

Poor June. One if not both of them need to find a job! They want to be missy and Bryan so bad but it's unrealistic. No-one can sustain a decent lifestyle living jobless on the road with no savings or income. They must think they need to both be jobless to make videos but if you can't create decent content...sort it out!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I bet their supposed "small business" is peddling other companies' products through their sponsorship deals. They definitely do not run a business, they are just other people's puppets and put in the minimum effort to make money.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

If you guys haven't seen his "I quit my job" video, it's good for a laugh about how irresponsible he has been for years and years. UGH, that "it was taking over my whole life" comment is just cringe.... What a buffoon. I guess building a career should just involve a couple hours of work a week and maybe 3-hour lunches with beers and leaving early and coming in late, etc. Ya know, cause that's "healthy" and working a real job with real hour and requirements is "too stressful" and unhealthy and will obviously KILL YOU! LOL

He's going to need to delete that video when he starts applying for jobs again. No one wants to employ someone with his attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZMCOg73ow

I wonder what Kelsey did when he quit. They weren't living in the same place at the time and she wasn't working either (she was finishing school 300 miles away). I'm guessing a lot of their debt comes from this time—paying two rents alone must have sucked them dry.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

I wonder how they are paying their student loans. Sure, if they are federal loans then they probably are on a deferred or an income driven payment plan but if they have any private loans (which I’m sure they do) it’s not that easy. I know with my private loans, if I wanted to deter I could only do it for a year, I’d have to re-apply for deferment every three months and pay a fee of $150 each time. His parents must be helping them out way more than just providing the RV.

I just don’t get it. How narcissistic do you have to be to continue doing YouTube - especially when it’s not providing for your family - instead of going out and getting a real job? I also think that K&C have been fighting a lot and honestly, I think Kelsey is starting to realize that the whole YouTube thing isn’t going to pan out. It’s too bad Corbin is too self-centered to see past his own nose and Kelsey doesn’t have the balls to truly put her foot down. I hope with them moving closer to family that she finds the strength (and support) she needs to stand up to him. I imagine it going down intervention style lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alyssadt wrote:I wonder how they are paying their student loans.
I have wondered about this too. Corbin went to a very expensive private school (currently $47,000/year) in SoCal and Kelsey must have had to pay out-of-state tuition for her degree (they weren't residents of Oregon for very long, so she wouldn't have qualified for cheaper in-state tuition). I'm guessing they have well over $100,000 in student loans combined. They'll probably still be paying them off when June starts college...scary thought!
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

ewokfan11 wrote:If you guys haven't seen his "I quit my job" video, it's good for a laugh about how irresponsible he has been for years and years. UGH, that "it was taking over my whole life" comment is just cringe.... What a buffoon. I guess building a career should just involve a couple hours of work a week and maybe 3-hour lunches with beers and leaving early and coming in late, etc. Ya know, cause that's "healthy" and working a real job with real hour and requirements is "too stressful" and unhealthy and will obviously KILL YOU! LOL

He's going to need to delete that video when he starts applying for jobs again. No one wants to employ someone with his attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZMCOg73ow

I wonder what Kelsey did when he quit. They weren't living in the same place at the time and she wasn't working either (she was finishing school 300 miles away). I'm guessing a lot of their debt comes from this time—paying two rents alone must have sucked them dry.
Wow. If here was any doubt before what an egotistical idiot Corbin was, that video proves it. He only worked that job for 2 weeks! It was affecting his health! He did say something about family and friends helping them. Wonder if the Lannings were giving them $$$ then.

Really is time to grow up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sunshiner
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sunshiner »

Today's vlog was 4 minutes of pretending how great the campground is. Nice to not see corbin for once though lol. I dunno why it was laid out like an ad...maybe Corbin is bored and wanted to play with his software and camera technique. Is one of you guys Handsy Panda? His comment made me chuckle.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Why bother uploading if you don’t even have 5 min of footage?

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

That was one of the laziest vlogs I have ever seen. Sorry but your van life is not that interesting even to you apparently when you can't come up with more than 4 mins of material. Their social blade doesn't even support the claim they live solely off of YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:That was one of the laziest vlogs I have ever seen. Sorry but your van life is not that interesting even to you apparently when you can't come up with more than 4 mins of material. Their social blade doesn't even support the claim they live solely off of YouTube.
They never put any effort into their videos, ever since the beginning. Their vlogs are so staged and scripted that they film very little of it and is very easy to edit. They make so many talking head videos because they don't do ANYTHING most of the time and therefore have no adventure footage to post. If they decided to do something on a given day, they split them into three vlogs and post them separetely. They seem to work one day and take the next two off. It is not a recipe for success in any field, let alone Youtube.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

melonyogloo wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:That was one of the laziest vlogs I have ever seen. Sorry but your van life is not that interesting even to you apparently when you can't come up with more than 4 mins of material. Their social blade doesn't even support the claim they live solely off of YouTube.
They never put any effort into their videos, ever since the beginning. Their vlogs are so staged and scripted that they film very little of it and is very easy to edit. They make so many talking head videos because they don't do ANYTHING most of the time and therefore have no adventure footage to post. If they decided to do something on a given day, they split them into three vlogs and post them separetely. They seem to work one day and take the next two off. It is not a recipe for success in any field, let alone Youtube.
That’s exactly what they’re doing... splitting one day into multiple vlogs. Kelsey even said that they had gone someplace the day before but they didn’t show it.

On their expense vlog he didn’t mention the amount of $$ they pay for their storage unit. I would think they’ve got a large one to hold all the stuff from the house rental. I really, really hope neither one of their parents are paying for a lot of this stuff. If they are it’s just enabling their laziness.

So much for wanting to buy a house.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

janem wrote:On their expense vlog he didn’t mention the amount of $$ they pay for their storage unit. I would think they’ve got a large one to hold all the stuff from the house rental. I really, really hope neither one of their parents are paying for a lot of this stuff. If they are it’s just enabling their laziness.
I've been curious about that from the beginning. They never showed a storage unit. I'm guessing everything is actually stored at a parent's house. They have used Kelsey's mom's garage in the past.

My other curiosity is TAXES! They have to pay all their taxes themselves (about 20% of their income) and they should be paying them quarterly. How on earth are they saving for that?? My guess is they are behind on their taxes.

I'm guessing their parents don't know the extent of their financial issues...otherwise I'm sure there would be an intervention or Corbin would be cut be cut off (maybe again).

Carrying so much debt without a regular income isn't ideal in any situation, but they have A CHILD! Corbin AND Kelsey should both get jobs and pay off their debt. Like someone else said, I'd be SOOOOOOOOOO stressed out to live like they do with so many bills and no regular income and a child to take care of. Now I see why they always seem to be running away...they are running away from their bills, debt and problems.
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

I could be wrong but I think YouTube deducts money for taxes. It might not be enough but I feel like I’ve heard that they withhold taxes.

I don’t watch hardly any of their videos so maybe I’m uninformed, have they admitted to all the debt being discussed here or is the debt an assumption? It makes sense - car, school, etc. I’m just asking whether it’s fact or guess.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

justkidding wrote:I could be wrong but I think YouTube deducts money for taxes. It might not be enough but I feel like I’ve heard that they withhold taxes.

I don’t watch hardly any of their videos so maybe I’m uninformed, have they admitted to all the debt being discussed here or is the debt an assumption? It makes sense - car, school, etc. I’m just asking whether it’s fact or guess.

I would be very surprised if they withheld the tax. Technically you tubers are self employed, which means they’re reaonspible for all their own tax. They’re not employees of YouTube.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
justkidding wrote:I could be wrong but I think YouTube deducts money for taxes. It might not be enough but I feel like I’ve heard that they withhold taxes.

I would be very surprised if they withheld the tax. Technically you tubers are self employed, which means they’re reaonspible for all their own tax. They’re not employees of YouTube.
YT doesn't withhold anything—they aren't employed by YT or Google. I know because I've received AdSense checks. They are totally on their own to pay ALL their taxes.

A lot of YTers complain about having to pay their taxes. Carlie Butler didn't even bother to pay her taxes for about 3 years! YIKES. David Dobrik once said on his podcast he owed $1.7M in taxes (he obviously makes a lot more than C&K, LOL).

As for their debts, they've mentioned student loans and credit card debt from even their early vlogs. I think Corbin maxed out his CC for the Europe trip where they got engaged. The car is only about a year or so old, but they bought or leased it new, so that's got to be a big chuck of change each month.

While they haven't given out a number in regard to their debt, they are obviously drowning in debt.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

They mentioned paying for gas, car payments, insurance payments, food, credit card payments, student loans, plus occasional camp grounds. I am sure I am missing something, but they never mentioned taxes.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:They mentioned paying for gas, car payments, insurance payments, food, credit card payments, student loans, plus occasional camp grounds. I am sure I am missing something, but they never mentioned taxes.
I brought up the tax issue because I do a lot of freelance work (aside from my regular job), and I know I need to set aside a certain amount because as a freelancer you HAVE to pay your taxes yourself. It's quite a pain in the bootie, but you have to do it.

Corbin and Kelsey are 100% self-employed, so all their income—YT AdSense, brand deals, sponsorships and even PR gifts—is subject to taxation.

A lot of YTers have accountants because it gets complicated. I hope C&K are being responsible and not just ignoring it and not filing their taxes to pretend taxes don't apply to them.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”