8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by lightasfeather »

So was the retreat Ruby and Kevin just went to in fact marriage counseling camp?
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

lightasfeather wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:45 pm So was the retreat Ruby and Kevin just went to in fact marriage counseling camp?
It does look like they have been having issues lately the video with finding her moms trinket and crying all will be well is very telling! Kevin hasn’t been in many vlogs and when in the morning she puts the camera on him he gives her a dirty look. No one can know the dynamic between a couple that have lived so many years together, I would not bare Ruby for a minute but he has found a way to be with her and with 6 children it probably would be better they bare each other a few years more!
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Anyone seen their "how we met" vlog? They talked marriage two weeks after meeting for the first time. No wonder there doesn't seem much love between the two of them. Also: Ruby's mile long list about how her future husband has to be - pinned on her college room door. Looks like she only went to college to find a husband and quit school.

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

LilaRose wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:42 am Anyone seen their "how we met" vlog? They talked marriage two weeks after meeting for the first time. No wonder there doesn't seem much love between the two of them. Also: Ruby's mile long list about how her future husband has to be - pinned on her college room door. Looks like she only went to college to find a husband and quit school.
yes, that is all correct. She said she went to college to find a husband. she even went as far as to schedule her classes according to where in the building they were located. She knew she wanted to have her classes in the engineering building so she would meet a "cute engineer" and as soon as she did, she dropped out of college. Pathetic
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Does Abby even know that boy she gave a gift to? I know they are young but didn't seem to know each other very well. I did find it cute that Breven gave Abby and Julie a rose, that was a nice things to do.. I do wonder about Russell, I don't think it's "funny" that his emotions are being played with, he isn't old enough and his personality doesn't seem like the type to handle these jokes played on him. I feel bad!
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:59 am
LilaRose wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:42 am Anyone seen their "how we met" vlog? They talked marriage two weeks after meeting for the first time. No wonder there doesn't seem much love between the two of them. Also: Ruby's mile long list about how her future husband has to be - pinned on her college room door. Looks like she only went to college to find a husband and quit school.
yes, that is all correct. She said she went to college to find a husband. she even went as far as to schedule her classes according to where in the building they were located. She knew she wanted to have her classes in the engineering building so she would meet a "cute engineer" and as soon as she did, she dropped out of college. Pathetic
Oh my. It sounds crazy. And really sad at the same time. So she wanted an engineer but then didn't want Kevin to go to grad school? I'm glad he put his foot down on that subject. In another vlog she said that she finished high school at age 18 and got married in the same year. I mean it is the person you spent the rest of your life with, why wouldn't you get to know each other a little bit better before committing to staying together forever. It really is sad.
athyker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by athyker »

OMG, How awkward was that Valentine video??? I understand the not dating until 16 but this is getting out of hand. I feel sorry for the younger kids.
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

Has Abby even ever spoken to that boy before. I know younger kids are awkward around the opposite gender sometimes but it honestly seemed like they didn’t even know each other. When someone asked him who he needed to thank and he said ‘her’ it seemed like he wasn’t even sure of Abby’s name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

endof wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:20 pm
lightasfeather wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:45 pm So was the retreat Ruby and Kevin just went to in fact marriage counseling camp?
It does look like they have been having issues lately the video with finding her moms trinket and crying all will be well is very telling! Kevin hasn’t been in many vlogs and when in the morning she puts the camera on him he gives her a dirty look. No one can know the dynamic between a couple that have lived so many years together, I would not bare Ruby for a minute but he has found a way to be with her and with 6 children it probably would be better they bare each other a few years more!
Besides her not having any interest in school or learning while marred to a professor...I think that he's been busy with his profession and she's been busy with her vlogging career that it has stolen time from their relationship for a period of time. She probably doesn't want to do anything when she's not vlogging and he just wants to chill when he is not working so no one is taking care of the other one.
The thing is Ruby doesn't have to vlog everyday so I don't understand why she insist on doing so. She has complained many times that it's demanding and she barely has time for her kids/family. She could vlog once a week and focus on her family the rest of week. Kevin needs to enter back into his life and tell Ruby what's going on so he doesn't continue to outgrow her.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

So of course Ruby needs to embarrass her girls in front of everyone saying the dress thing! The look on Abby’s face was pure embarrassment and are you serious mom!!!
She turns her back and the others awkwardly turn away too so Ruby adds isn’t it fun sharing dresses to which she receives the cold shoulder from everyone! She is such a weirdo!
ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

endof wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:24 am So of course Ruby needs to embarrass her girls in front of everyone saying the dress thing! The look on Abby’s face was pure embarrassment and are you serious mom!!!
She turns her back and the others awkwardly turn away too so Ruby adds isn’t it fun sharing dresses to which she receives the cold shoulder from everyone! She is such a weirdo!

I wasn't going to watch today's vlog, but your comment made me curious. I skimmed through and watched that part, and wow. :? Abby literally turning away from Ruby. Probably all she could think to do with her embarrassment and annoyance without making a stink in front of the other kids and guests (i.e. LeRoy family).

She is clearly the kind of mother that projects her values and needs/wants onto her kids. It sometimes feels like to her the kids are little extensions of herself and her own personality. Like if she would enjoy doing some particular thing at their age or find it fun, then obviously they do too (never mind that they are separate human beings with their own unique interests/feelings).

Reading some recent posts I have to mention that in all honesty, I don't think Ruby is mentally ill or narcissistic like some here have suggested. I think that, for all her flaws (i.e. the above paragraph), she really loves her kids more than anything and wants what she believes is best for them. She just grew up in an odd family dynamic combined with a strict religion/culture that most Americans don't, which has influenced her own thinking heavily as a mother.

I also think she's a much more emotionally sensitive and insecure person than she lets on, despite her increasingly over-confident and obnoxious Powerful Mother™ act on camera and Instagram. I remember the vlog a couple of years back when she was sobbing at the negative comments on Youtube about how poorly behaved some of her kids were and implying she was a bad mother.

And one of the old 'throwback' vlogs to a relative's birthday party when she was 14 or so, and she cried at remembering how grateful and happy she was when the relative (a grandmother/aunt?) told Ruby that this cheap little piece of jewelry she'd bought as her gift was pretty and looked nice (it was all she could afford as a teenager). Going from memory, but I think she said she was extremely anxious when giving the gift and was scared that other family members would make fun of her gift for being cheap and such. Interesting how the memory of that moment clearly had such an emotional impact on her even years later.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I just braced myself and watched almost all of the breaking into the friends' house vlog and I cannot believe that Chad threw a pair of the boy's underwear at his sister's face. That is NOT okay. This family needs to be demonetized. I'm absolutely disgusted.
QueenZenobia240
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QueenZenobia240 »

Chad seems really out of control. If I were Kelsey's mom (or dad) I'd be very worried about them potentially being together in the future..
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

ctx2002 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:16 am
endof wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:24 am So of course Ruby needs to embarrass her girls in front of everyone saying the dress thing! The look on Abby’s face was pure embarrassment and are you serious mom!!!

I wasn't going to watch today's vlog, but your comment made me curious. I skimmed through and watched that part, and wow. :? Abby literally turning away from Ruby. Probably all she could think to do with her embarrassment and annoyance without making a stink in front of the other kids and guests (i.e. LeRoy family).

She is clearly the kind of mother that projects her values and needs/wants onto her kids. It sometimes feels like to her the kids are little extensions of herself and her own personality. Like if she would enjoy doing some particular thing at their age or find it fun, then obviously they do too (never mind that they are separate human beings with their own unique interests/feelings).

Reading some recent posts I have to mention that in all honesty, I don't think Ruby is mentally ill or narcissistic like some here have suggested. I think that, for all her flaws (i.e. the above paragraph), she really loves her kids more than anything and wants what she believes is best for them. She just grew up in an odd family dynamic combined with a strict religion/culture that most Americans don't, which has influenced her own thinking heavily as a mother.

I also think she's a much more emotionally sensitive and insecure person than she lets on, despite her increasingly over-confident and obnoxious Powerful Mother™ act on camera and Instagram. I remember the vlog a couple of years back when she was sobbing at the negative comments on Youtube about how poorly behaved some of her kids were and implying she was a bad mother.

And one of the old 'throwback' vlogs to a relative's birthday party when she was 14 or so, and she cried at remembering how grateful and happy she was when the relative (a grandmother/aunt?) told Ruby that this cheap little piece of jewelry she'd bought as her gift was pretty and looked nice (it was all she could afford as a teenager). Going from memory, but I think she said she was extremely anxious when giving the gift and was scared that other family members would make fun of her gift for being cheap and such. Interesting how the memory of that moment clearly had such an emotional impact on her even years later.
Her upbringing is more than odd, it's beyond and she has done nothing to try to do better for her children. She's in some ways worse than her mom. I don't know if we're watching the same vlogs. Haven't you seen how she bullies Julie and how she's turned the whole family against her own child. Who bullies their own child in front of the world and go on living like every day. It's not cute how she is inconsiderate about her children's personal space. It's obvious that all her kids have anxiety so why push it further and expose their privacy to the world? I've wanted to save Russel, Julie, Abie and Evie so many times because their mother doesn't care when they express how uncomfortable they are feeling. Ruby is not the victim here, she has a choice but her kids who are the real victims don't. Ruby gets off embarrassing her kids, not normal behavior for a parent, who's job is to protect the kids.

Ruby is definitely a narcissistic just like her sisters but she's smarter and more experienced than them. Narcissist are very sensitive and aren't able to handle any kind of criticism but pretend to be confident people so instead of dealing with their own insecurities, they project them and bully other people, especially those ones that can't defend themselves or fight back. I would have agreed with you if we were talking about someone who came from a dysfunctional family but did what they could to break the cycle to do better for their kids.
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

I can barely watch them anymore, so im late to the party. Where did danielle and her family go?
Tmmymcdaniel12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tmmymcdaniel12345 »

natalka81 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 am I just braced myself and watched almost all of the breaking into the friends' house vlog and I cannot believe that Chad threw a pair of the boy's underwear at his sister's face. That is NOT okay. This family needs to be demonetized. I'm absolutely disgusted.
I would love that to happen.Ruby needs to loose her channel.Child protective services needs to be called in.Those parents are getting worse by the day.I feel so sad for the kid.
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

I'm sorry but Shari shoving a huge camera with a mic in her boyfriends face while he's giving her a gift?? wow that's hard to watch it looks so painfully awkward for the poor boy...I guess that's what everyone sees anytime this family goes anywhere? Just seems so strange to be shoving a camera in someone's face while they give you a valentines present...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

lurkerthatposts wrote:I'm sorry but Shari shoving a huge camera with a mic in her boyfriends face while he's giving her a gift?? wow that's hard to watch it looks so painfully awkward for the poor boy...I guess that's what everyone sees anytime this family goes anywhere? Just seems so strange to be shoving a camera in someone's face while they give you a valentines present...
This is outrageous. Poor kid. Could she not have got a sibling to film it for her? There were enough people on attendance surely someone could have held the camera for her. If it was absolutely crucial to film the moment that is. I find gift giving a bit awkward at the best of times. I’m always anxious that they’re going to like it/feel a bit uncomfortable giving it, I could not cope with having a giant camera shoved in my face

freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Isn’t shari 16 now? The whole no dating til 16 thing was bought up again. And was the whole reason for this bizarre family Valentine’s Day. But I could have sworn Shari was 16? Wouldn’t she rather go for a dinner date with her boyfriend without her parents and siblings all over the place

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

He looks like a deer in the headlights! Poor kid. It's a Griffiths thing though. Jared films himself giving Ellie flowers and looks at the camera instead of her. It's so unnatural.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”