Littlexloves (woman acts as if her baby dolls are real?!)

jsmithsunshine
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Littlexloves (woman acts as if her baby dolls are real?!

Unread post by jsmithsunshine »

I'll answer a few of the questions, but then I will go quiet here not because I can't take the criticism (I deserve that) but because I cannot delve into the specifics. I've done enough harm already. To be clear, I've had NO contact with the family. I was told by someone in authority that death notices are required by law and are always published in newspapers (not a full obit, but at least a death notice with name, DOB/DOD). He was wrong in telling me this. Apparently there are varying laws in different counties and obviously that law does not apply to the county where littlexloves passed. I got adamant that this was a hoax because her death notice did not to show in the Orlando Sentinel. I don't know if Laura's parents are alive or deceased. I can't explain the video discrepancies where she said her father died Jan. 2014, and in another video she said he died May 2012. It might be a step-dad, who knows. I'm done speculating. I have the answer that I spent quite a bit of time seeking. I know that she is passed. That's all I can advise anyone else on here to do. Search, ask, pursue and you will find but don't do it in the way that I did with disrespect to her family and premature accusations. Sadly, the answer I was searching for was not one that I expected to find. I feel terrible today about all of this and wish now that I'd never have gotten involved on this board. I will exit the discussion board soon and stay clear of YouTube. Life is strange on the Internet. I didn't personally know littlexloves, but it felt like I lost a friend when I first heard of her passing. When her death notice couldn't be found and one other on this board that stated she might have faked her death, I got angry. Maybe I also got hopeful to think she was still alive. I'm sure we all might wish it was a hoax if it meant she was still alive. I am embarrassed and regretful of my accusations. That's all I can say. Take care everyone. I'll stay on for just a little while longer, and then I'll be exiting this discussion board with a hard lesson learned, and that is to never jump to conclusions until you have all the facts.
sunflowerfox
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sunflowerfox »

The giveaway video was deleted at the suggestion of those in the community who were close to Laura, to spare her sister any further harassment and stress, and to bring closure to the community with regards to Laura's death. To my knowledge, her sister does intend to send gifts as promised, to honor Laura and to give folks something to remember her by, as well as making her own donations to charitable causes in Laura's name. Her channel will remain up so that those of us who are in the community who loved her can look back and remember what a funny, caring, creative person she was.

I knew Laura personally (outside of YouTube). I have seen zero evidence in the past several years knowing her to support the nasty things said here about her. I know she has been in this hobby a very long time, and perhaps when she was younger she didn't handle everything as she should have, but I think that probably applies to all of us at some point in our lives. She was a good person, she was not crazy and did not believe her dolls were real, and she was certainly not someone who would ever kidnap anyone's child. I feel sad that she will be remembered by some as some sort of mentally ill reborn collector instead of someone who was brave enough to push the boundaries of doll collecting and making videos, and as someone who brought a lot of joy and encouragement to those who followed her. What Laura did on her channel with her dolls is no different than what Jim Henson did with the Muppets. She was a very bright, joyful and loving person in spite of a horribly abusive childhood. These are the things I will remember about Laura. I would caution people not to believe everything they hear, especially from those who have had a falling out with Laura and have nothing but ill will towards her. People like that have their own agenda. Don't be fooled.
MissXWriter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by MissXWriter »

jsmithsunshine: This apology seems much more sincere than your initial statement, which downplayed your previous posts. Those were ridiculously self-righteous, inaccurate & paranoid. That's why I posted my sarcastic response.

I'm not putting myself above the fray re: the circus surrounding Laura's death.
Hell, I questioned the execution of her family's announcement re: the yr-long "Acts Of Kindness" thing. I stated that it didn't appear to be well thought-out, perhaps because they're grappling w/their own grief privately while attempting to honor Laura publicly.
I didn't mean to cause any further pain to her loved ones w/my own remarks, which were insensitive & I apologize.
jsmithsunshine wrote:I won't argue with you, MissXWriter. You're absolutely correct. I shouldn't speak for others, but I'll say it's a teachable moment for me. For what it's worth, I wish it was a hoax. I'd rather be angry at a scammer than the sense of sadness that I feel for causing the family more pain by my posts, and for a young lady who died too young. I'm not writing this to get in the good graces of you MissXWriter. I'll read the backlash that people want to give me, and I welcome it because yes and wow and whatever else you want to say. Give it to me! I was wrong! Can I rewind and replay the past day and my posts on here, or my behavior? No! Can I make things right with a donation? No! All I can do is learn from this and sincerely say I am sorry.
MissXWriter
Wallflower
Wallflower

jsmithsunshine: If you never contacted Laura's family as you claim, why did you post the following yesterday?:

"[…] I asked her so-called sister for proof of death and she said that she can't because of social security number. You mean to tell me that a person can edit those photos for videos, put together a video presentation and can't blur or cover out the personal data so to provide PROOF OF DEATH. She's the smart one folks and she's fooling the heck out of many of you. […]"

Seems odd that you also claimed yesterday that her death was faked because it wasn't recorded in any FL county, yet you're now saying some anonymous 'authority figure' told you all deaths HAD to be published in the newspaper & hers was not, leading to your brilliant conclusion that Laura was alive.

For someone who claims to be her 'fan,' you have an odd way of showing it.

Perhaps you're unaware that your previous posts are still online. I caught you in several lies & inconsistencies in this post alone.
jsmithsunshine wrote:I'll answer a few of the questions, but then I will go quiet here not because I can't take the criticism (I deserve that) but because I cannot delve into the specifics. I've done enough harm already. To be clear, I've had NO contact with the family. I was told by someone in authority that death notices are required by law and are always published in newspapers (not a full obit, but at least a death notice with name, DOB/DOD). He was wrong in telling me this. Apparently there are varying laws in different counties and obviously that law does not apply to the county where littlexloves passed. I got adamant that this was a hoax because her death notice did not to show in the Orlando Sentinel. I don't know if Laura's parents are alive or deceased. I can't explain the video discrepancies where she said her father died Jan. 2014, and in another video she said he died May 2012. It might be a step-dad, who knows. I'm done speculating. I have the answer that I spent quite a bit of time seeking. I know that she is passed. That's all I can advise anyone else on here to do. Search, ask, pursue and you will find but don't do it in the way that I did with disrespect to her family and premature accusations. Sadly, the answer I was searching for was not one that I expected to find. I feel terrible today about all of this and wish now that I'd never have gotten involved on this board. I will exit the discussion board soon and stay clear of YouTube. Life is strange on the Internet. I didn't personally know littlexloves, but it felt like I lost a friend when I first heard of her passing. When her death notice couldn't be found and one other on this board that stated she might have faked her death, I got angry. Maybe I also got hopeful to think she was still alive. I'm sure we all might wish it was a hoax if it meant she was still alive. I am embarrassed and regretful of my accusations. That's all I can say. Take care everyone. I'll stay on for just a little while longer, and then I'll be exiting this discussion board with a hard lesson learned, and that is to never jump to conclusions until you have all the facts.
jsmithsunshine
Amateur
Amateur

MissXWriter wrote:jsmithsunshine: If you never contacted Laura's family as you claim, why did you post the following yesterday?:

"[…] I asked her so-called sister for proof of death and she said that she can't because of social security number. You mean to tell me that a person can edit those photos for videos, put together a video presentation and can't blur or cover out the personal data so to provide PROOF OF DEATH. She's the smart one folks and she's fooling the heck out of many of you. […]"

Seems odd that you also claimed yesterday that her death was faked because it wasn't recorded in any FL county, yet you're now saying some anonymous 'authority figure' told you all deaths HAD to be published in the newspaper & hers was not, leading to your brilliant conclusion that Laura was alive.

For someone who claims to be her 'fan,' you have an odd way of showing it.

Perhaps you're unaware that your previous posts are still online. I caught you in several lies & inconsistencies in this post alone.
I guess you are correct. There were a couple of comment exchanges with littlexloves (whether that was her sister or whoever using her account) on YouTube re: 30 Days video. I asked there for proof of death. That is when she told me that she couldn't show proof of death because of social security number.

This authority figure said that creditors scan death notices daily so that they can file probate on people owing debt before the estate is closed. He said that it's law that death notices must be published in newspapers. He was incorrect. I contacted the county office. Anyone (the public) can go in there and request a basic death certificate which does NOT disclose cause of death. ONLY family or certain eligible individuals can request a copy of a death certificate disclosing cause of death.

I never said I was her fan or friend. I said the Internet is strange. When you watch a person on video and become familiar with their online presence, they feel like friends, so when news of her passing first came out, it struck me emotionally.

I am fully aware my previous posts are still online. You are inquisitive and I don't fault you for that. I wish everyone was online. Have I clarified myself enough for you MissXWriter? I don't believe you caught me in any lies. Do you have any other questions?
Snickedysnick
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Snickedysnick »

sunflowerfox wrote:The giveaway video was deleted at the suggestion of those in the community who were close to Laura, to spare her sister any further harassment and stress, and to bring closure to the community with regards to Laura's death. To my knowledge, her sister does intend to send gifts as promised, to honor Laura and to give folks something to remember her by, as well as making her own donations to charitable causes in Laura's name. Her channel will remain up so that those of us who are in the community who loved her can look back and remember what a funny, caring, creative person she was.

I knew Laura personally (outside of YouTube). I have seen zero evidence in the past several years knowing her to support the nasty things said here about her. I know she has been in this hobby a very long time, and perhaps when she was younger she didn't handle everything as she should have, but I think that probably applies to all of us at some point in our lives. She was a good person, she was not crazy and did not believe her dolls were real, and she was certainly not someone who would ever kidnap anyone's child. I feel sad that she will be remembered by some as some sort of mentally ill reborn collector instead of someone who was brave enough to push the boundaries of doll collecting and making videos, and as someone who brought a lot of joy and encouragement to those who followed her. What Laura did on her channel with her dolls is no different than what Jim Henson did with the Muppets. She was a very bright, joyful and loving person in spite of a horribly abusive childhood. These are the things I will remember about Laura. I would caution people not to believe everything they hear, especially from those who have had a falling out with Laura and have nothing but ill will towards her. People like that have their own agenda. Don't be fooled.
Thank you for sharing this.
MissXWriter
Wallflower
Wallflower

jsmithsunshine: I assumed you were a fan of Laura's because you posted the following:

[…] Life is strange on the Internet. I didn't personally know littlexloves, but it felt like I lost a friend when I first heard of her passing. […]

Since you 'felt like you lost a friend,' I naturally assumed you enjoyed her channel as a fan.

That's all.
jsmithsunshine wrote: I guess you are correct. There were a couple of comment exchanges with littlexloves (whether that was her sister or whoever using her account) on YouTube re: 30 Days video. I asked there for proof of death. That is when she told me that she couldn't show proof of death because of social security number.

This authority figure said that creditors scan death notices daily so that they can file probate on people owing debt before the estate is closed. He said that it's law that death notices must be published in newspapers. He was incorrect. I contacted the county office. Anyone (the public) can go in there and request a basic death certificate which does NOT disclose cause of death. ONLY family or certain eligible individuals can request a copy of a death certificate disclosing cause of death.

I never said I was her fan or friend. I said the Internet is strange. When you watch a person on video and become familiar with their online presence, they feel like friends, so when news of her passing first came out, it struck me emotionally.

I am fully aware my previous posts are still online. You are inquisitive and I don't fault you for that. I wish everyone was online. Have I clarified myself enough for you MissXWriter? I don't believe you caught me in any lies. Do you have any other questions?
jsmithsunshine
Amateur
Amateur

MissXWriter wrote:jsmithsunshine: I assumed you were a fan of Laura's because you posted the following:

[…] Life is strange on the Internet. I didn't personally know littlexloves, but it felt like I lost a friend when I first heard of her passing. […]

Since you 'felt like you lost a friend,' I naturally assumed you enjoyed her channel as a fan.

That's all.
I watched her channel, yes. It felt like I lost a friend, yes. What did the world feel when Robin Williams passed away? You feel like you know the people on the other side of the screen.
saehtex
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by saehtex »

Laura was cremated and I dont believe there was a service. I found the cremation notice online at the crematory site. It was very brief and just gave her name, dob and dod. I saw it. She is dead. Death notices do not have to be legally posted and not all estates are probated.
saehtex
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by saehtex »

Laura Elizabeth Stayner... both her parents are deceased. Debbie Stayner's FB page is still up and it confirms her death and the father's. I saw the crematory notice and Laura is dead. I spent 30 years as a researcher. It was not hard for me to check Laura out. You can take your tinfoil hats off now.
jlynn23
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jlynn23 »

saehtex wrote:Laura was cremated and I dont believe there was a service. I found the cremation notice online at the crematory site. It was very brief and just gave her name, dob and dod. I saw it. She is dead. Death notices do not have to be legally posted and not all estates are probated.
not many people at 29 have alot of savings for a big service, pro the reason, the family would of had to pay for it,
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

Man it felt so strange to read the posts on these last few pages. I saw a few of her videos and not that my opinion really matters, but I had no problem with the way Laura, roll played with her dolls. None of her videos were bizarre or too "out there". I never questioned her sanity and she seemed like a kind person. When people say things like Laura created fake accounts all the time to bully herself, that she was known for selling dolls at much higher cost etc..I get confused. Where did she bully herself? and what information leads these people to believe she did this? How do people know the cost of the dolls and how much she sold them for? Even if it was true that she sold them at higher cost, i still don't see a problem. She sometimes made improvements to dolls after purchasing like new hair, different body etc... Perhaps when she sold a doll, she sent oodles of other things like clothes with the doll. She created a persona of the doll on her channel. So maybe in the "doll world" that counts for something. Maybe some dolls appreciate with time? Even if she did sell he dolls for a higher amt, that would be fine. If a buyer wants THAT particular doll, they are entitled to buy it! She is by no means taking advantage of anyone? Let's say she had put Prim up for 500$ more than she bought her and someone sees the ad. They can certainly buy a Prim like doll for less money. But they like THIS one because of the "personality" (albeit imaginary) that they have come to love. Then fine! That work that Laura put into creating that i think is worth something. I mean heck, buying/selling for profit can be a career if you want to make it such. I don't think there dis anything malicious at all. Anyway, I just don't understand where all the drama came from. Does it stem from having a rather controversial hobby? That she was "into reborns! She MUST be crazy!! Oh my gosh, she faked her own death! oh my goodness the whole family is crazy?" Then "Call the police! Who here is going to do it? We MUST PROTECT THE CHILDREN!" TThere must be more to it . i just don't understand. Just confused. I feel a bit odd asking, but i just want to know where these thoughts about fake accounts/ bullying/ selling for a profit came from. I hope i am not putting fuel on a almost extinguished fire here. I don't want the drama to resurface mostly out of respect for the family. If someone knows the answer, they can pm me. I am just trying to put the pieces together. I am so sorry to her family and friends, and supporters. She did not deserve to die so young.
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bob'sBurgers »

I think the fake accounts thing was when someone faked being JuliesReborns1, a different popular reborn play channel run by a teenager girl and her mother, bullying Laura. A lot of people believe Laura faked that for attention. I dunno there may be more instances that I do not know of.

The thing about her overcharging for dolls is that because of her obsessive following by very young impressionable fans is that they would do anything and nd blow all of their savings just to get their hands on one of her dolls. It doesn't set right with people to see her constantly brings dolls in and sell them for a profit a week or two or a few months later. Laura and Connor have trash talked another less popular but still popular reborn channel for overcharging for her used dolls back when I lurked in on their forum a few years back. I want to say it was rebornhobby16, I think she changed her channel to rebornhobby18 later on down the line.

I don't know the values of the dolls, what they sell for, or how much the kits go for. That stuff bores me. I am sure other people know a lot more about that than me.

As for her hobby being harmless or whatever. What bothers me is that she used to trash talk with her super close buddies like Connor on the forum about other reborn mom's who went all out with the role play. They didn't used to be very open about the roleplaying, it was done secretly and denied about how far they took things to each other in the community years ago. It was two faced, there was a ton of drama. She was a mean girl in the community and was one of the few adults out of a handful of older teens that ruled over children and preteens that worshiped them. They publicly shamed young members constantly and would let thread go pages long of trash talking members they ban on their forums that were children as mods and let people link to their videos slamming each other over little social mistakes. It was petty mean girl and vicious. GG and YTMD had nothing on their forums. It was personal and it cut deep. It was bad enough that I didn't even like lurking on their forums anymore and I am a poster on here so take that for what it's worth.

The whole money grabbing thing with her cat needing surgery thing, collecting money from children and then going on a shopping spree less than a week later. She claimed that her job or school, I want to say it was a dental assistant, gave her a baby store gift card. It was bullshit. You take all of that and you keep in mind and consider how snippy she was with her child fans and I just don't like who she is as a person and I am not the only person who feels that way.

We will never know for sure if what Kate said about Laura was true but the fact that who Laura was as a person made it believable or even for people to entertain the thought that this might of also been a scam says a lot. It's not anyone's fault for being suspicious but Laura's. It terrible that her fans are hurt by her passing regardless of who she really was though. We have no idea if she really changed and became a better person or not but her lasting impression she left of herself was her fault and her doing. How weird and uncomfortable her hobby made people was just icing on the cake of how people felt about her. I don't blame anyone for being paranoid about this whole ordeal. It was an insane rollercoaster that every was swept onto and there wasn't a whole lot of information shared to help make sense of it.

Again I didn't like her as a person but I can appreciate that her videos helped young girls feel the courage to be themselves and to do what they love even if the other kids in 7th grade and on would make fun of them for it. I do think that part is pretty cool, she was one of the first adults in youtube to do those videos.
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bob'sBurgers »

Even though the giveaway video was taken down and was not thought through at all, I hope Shelly still does the giveaways. I think it would be a great thing to pass on the pacifiers, bottles, and hair ribbons on to her fans. It isn't like that stuff can be used for real babies anymore since they have been modified. I am hoping the clothes, blankets, furniture, and diapers get donated but that isn't my call.
Snickedysnick
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Snickedysnick »

Bob'sBurgers wrote:I think the fake accounts thing was when someone faked being JuliesReborns1, a different popular reborn play channel run by a teenager girl and her mother, bullying Laura. A lot of people believe Laura faked that for attention. I dunno there may be more instances that I do not know of.

The thing about her overcharging for dolls is that because of her obsessive following by very young impressionable fans is that they would do anything and nd blow all of their savings just to get their hands on one of her dolls. It doesn't set right with people to see her constantly brings dolls in and sell them for a profit a week or two or a few months later. Laura and Connor have trash talked another less popular but still popular reborn channel for overcharging for her used dolls back when I lurked in on their forum a few years back. I want to say it was rebornhobby16, I think she changed her channel to rebornhobby18 later on down the line.

I don't know the values of the dolls, what they sell for, or how much the kits go for. That stuff bores me. I am sure other people know a lot more about that than me.

As for her hobby being harmless or whatever. What bothers me is that she used to trash talk with her super close buddies like Connor on the forum about other reborn mom's who went all out with the role play. They didn't used to be very open about the roleplaying, it was done secretly and denied about how far they took things to each other in the community years ago. It was two faced, there was a ton of drama. She was a mean girl in the community and was one of the few adults out of a handful of older teens that ruled over children and preteens that worshiped them. They publicly shamed young members constantly and would let thread go pages long of trash talking members they ban on their forums that were children as mods and let people link to their videos slamming each other over little social mistakes. It was petty mean girl and vicious. GG and YTMD had nothing on their forums. It was personal and it cut deep. It was bad enough that I didn't even like lurking on their forums anymore and I am a poster on here so take that for what it's worth.

The whole money grabbing thing with her cat needing surgery thing, collecting money from children and then going on a shopping spree less than a week later. She claimed that her job or school, I want to say it was a dental assistant, gave her a baby store gift card. It was bullshit. You take all of that and you keep in mind and consider how snippy she was with her child fans and I just don't like who she is as a person and I am not the only person who feels that way.

We will never know for sure if what Kate said about Laura was true but the fact that who Laura was as a person made it believable or even for people to entertain the thought that this might of also been a scam says a lot. It's not anyone's fault for being suspicious but Laura's. It terrible that her fans are hurt by her passing regardless of who she really was though. We have no idea if she really changed and became a better person or not but her lasting impression she left of herself was her fault and her doing. How weird and uncomfortable her hobby made people was just icing on the cake of how people felt about her. I don't blame anyone for being paranoid about this whole ordeal. It was an insane rollercoaster that every was swept onto and there wasn't a whole lot of information shared to help make sense of it.

Again I didn't like her as a person but I can appreciate that her videos helped young girls feel the courage to be themselves and to do what they love even if the other kids in 7th grade and on would make fun of them for it. I do think that part is pretty cool, she was one of the first adults in youtube to do those videos.
I agree this stuff isn't cool. I confess to binge watching Laura's YouTube in the last week or so and I get the sense that she wanted to be a good person. For sure she had a gentle and nurturing side to her.
It's really had to come out of an abusive, traumatic childhood and not be damaged. If you don't have a healthy relationship with your parents, it's hard to have healthy reactions and relationships as an adult. You have to re-learn healthy behavior. Laura said that she was abused by a neighbor for several years. The neighbor promised her flowers for her mom, and she wanted the flowers because she wanted to make her mom happy. Then when it came out in the open, if I remember correctly, her mom didn't believe her. I think considering all of that, plus her getting bullied for being fat, it's no wonder she had anger issues to work on.

And I don't condone making fun of it bullying kids, but if you read comments, some of those kids are so freaking annoying, it's no wonder she would get tired of it at times.
jlynn23
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jlynn23 »

Bob'sBurgers wrote:Even though the giveaway video was taken down and was not thought through at all, I hope Shelly still does the giveaways. I think it would be a great thing to pass on the pacifiers, bottles, and hair ribbons on to her fans. It isn't like that stuff can be used for real babies anymore since they have been modified. I am hoping the clothes, blankets, furniture, and diapers get donated but that isn't my call.
she should have made a video were the stuff went would of boots views. If the baby stuff went to op shops
jlynn23
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jlynn23 »

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

jlynn23 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl5Z5g ... 3FCD2F6YGA

This who got isla Laura baby
Beautiful. Lots of videos on her
woahisme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by woahisme »

Screenshot_2016-03-10-13-00-35.png
Looks like her sister wiped her instagram clean, kinda sad cause laura took a lot of pride in the pics she took of her babies.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Wow why would she do that?
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)

Return to “I-P”