E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E & J - So many problems, so few vitamins |Part #125

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Tiger27 wrote:
ba1006 wrote:So now they're putting their kids in commercials. First Disney now whatever this is. Whatever it takes to make money I guess. Exploitation at its finest.
So Ellie can bitch about not wanting to be filmed but signs her boys up for it and is profiting off them. Makes total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least with tv, commercials, movies the parents don’t get to just keep/spend all the money. There are laws that require at least a percentage/maybe all (don’t remember specifics) of the money to be put into a trust for the child. Things that should also be put into place for YouTube kids.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

Personal Story:
When I was four years old the local newspaper came to do an article about the preschool. My mum was a volunteer there and they wanted to have a photo of me and my mum and a couple of other people to go along with the article. For some reason, I absolutely refused. I was usually a pretty compliant kid, but there was no way I was getting my picture taken for the newspaper! I do remember my mother being quite annoyed, but she didn't force me and ended up holding another child for the photo. I think we still have the clipping somewhere of her and this other kid! Point is, that's kind of what you do as parents, you try to honour your child's wishes to not be photographed and displayed in public. The thought of E&J or any of these YouTubers showing any of this kind of respect is absolutely laughable. And also really disappointing.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Her latest IG sort she says Bonnie’s and I’s makeup recording room. I am embarrassed that she represents people from the United States.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Ducklings4 wrote:Her latest IG sort she says Bonnie’s and I’s makeup recording room. I am embarrassed that she represents people from the United States.

Lol that was my first thought too

Gee, I wonder why Tommy is so attached to Jared? Couldn't be that she's gone on trips or the doctors or lying in bed doing Bollie stuff or napping, etc all the time and emotionally unavailable to her kids Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hannah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hannah »

Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:35 am Her latest IG sort she says Bonnie’s and I’s makeup recording room. I am embarrassed that she represents people from the United States.

To all of these ladies - Ellie, Bonnie, Julie, Missy, etc. - (it has been said that they all visit this site)...It's really easy to know which pronoun to use when speaking or writing. Take the other person's name out of the sentence and see which pronoun fits. For example, "Bonnie's and I's makeup recording room"...

"I's" is not a possessive pronoun. It is not a word. The correct form is "My" - My makeup recording room. Therefore, the sentence should be "My and Bonnie's makeup recording room," or just simply say "Our makeup recording room".

When the possessive pronoun is not in the subject of the sentence, the same rule applies. Say the sentence without the other person's name and see which pronoun sounds correct. "The boys gave Jared and I a hug."

"I" is not correct. The boys gave "I" a hug or The boys gave "me" a hug? The boys gave me a hug, therefore, "The boys gave Jared and ME a hug, "is the correct use of the pronoun.

It's simple, ladies. If you are going to speak to millions of people it helps to speak using correct grammar. How you speak contributes to how people perceive you.

This grates on my nerves to listen to other people pretend to be intelligent by using the pronoun "I" for literally EVERYTHING. Stop.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Hannah wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:35 am Her latest IG sort she says Bonnie’s and I’s makeup recording room. I am embarrassed that she represents people from the United States.

To all of these ladies - Ellie, Bonnie, Julie, Missy, etc. - (it has been said that they all visit this site)...It's really easy to know which pronoun to use when speaking or writing. Take the other person's name out of the sentence and see which pronoun fits. For example, "Bonnie's and I's makeup recording room"...

"I's" is not a possessive pronoun. It is not a word. The correct form is "My" - My makeup recording room. Therefore, the sentence should be "My and Bonnie's makeup recording room," or just simply say "Our makeup recording room".

When the possessive pronoun is not in the subject of the sentence, the same rule applies. Say the sentence without the other person's name and see which pronoun sounds correct. "The boys gave Jared and I a hug."

"I" is not correct. The boys gave "I" a hug or The boys gave "me" a hug? The boys gave me a hug, therefore, "The boys gave Jared and ME a hug, "is the correct use of the pronoun.

It's simple, ladies. If you are going to speak to millions of people it helps to speak using correct grammar. How you speak contributes to how people perceive you.

This grates on my nerves to listen to other people pretend to be intelligent by using the pronoun "I" for literally EVERYTHING. Stop.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's not that hard! Would you say "me is going to Starbucks"? No. So then you use I. Missy uses "me" all the time. And these two probably think they are better for using "I" all the time. Image
They want to be seen as #bossbabes, but speaking/writing correctly is an important part of appearing professional. They seem to like to show off their lack of education as if they are like Bill Gates who managed to start Microsoft without a degree. But the difference is that he is a genius, and they are just not...

geezlouise_99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geezlouise_99 »

Hannah wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 am

have they ever commented on a post before
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

geezlouise_99 wrote:
Hannah wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 am

have they ever commented on a post before
No, but they will mention "comments" about things that as far as we know have only been mentioned here.
There have been people defending them that others have suspected were them, but the only one who has ever been _proven_ to read here is Sam from Samika. Shanna Leroy is suspected of having had an account, but it wasn't proven. Sam came looking for help because Tyler from Trixin was reading the forum and accused Sam of spilling tea. So he wanted a poster's help in proving it wasn't him.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Hannah wrote:

Agree mostly, but I’m pretty certain the other person always goes first. So “Bonnie and My ....” which also sounds somewhat awkward but I’m pretty sure is correct :)

Figured if they actually pay attention to a grammar lesson (they won’t) we should make sure to be thorough.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Three seconds on Jennifer’s IG is enough to explain why the Griffith daughter’s have such atrocious grammar and spelling. There’s no point in giving a grammar lesson. People learn from those around them, and in their bubble the way they speak is normal.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:25 am Three seconds on Jennifer’s IG is enough to explain why the Griffith daughter’s have such atrocious grammar and spelling. There’s no point in giving a grammar lesson. People learn from those around them, and in their bubble the way they speak is normal.

Especially since their bubble is literally only their family. And only the Griffith family at that. They rarely interact with anyone outside of their siblings.
Hannah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hannah »

To be taken seriously as entrepreneurs and business owners, they would really benefit from some image coaching. They are trying to break into the fashion business. Their poor or lazy grammar may create or have no effect in Utah or Idaho, but it will certainly tarnish their image when mingling with other people in, let's say, New York. At the very least, they need to listen to other fashion designers or professionals and the way they speak then try to emulate that as much as possible. I'm pretty sure we won't hear Vera Wang say things like, "Tomorrow is Jared and I's appointment." It's hard to be taken as responsible and mature executives when you talk like 10-year-old girls. :?
skeptic
Informer
Informer

Unread post by skeptic »

angelfire89 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 am
Hannah wrote:

Agree mostly, but I’m pretty certain the other person always goes first. So “Bonnie and My ....” which also sounds somewhat awkward but I’m pretty sure is correct :)

Figured if they actually pay attention to a grammar lesson (they won’t) we should make sure to be thorough.
Delurking to concur: I can confirm that the other person always goes first before mentioning yourself in the joint possession AND a good rule of thumb is removing the other person from the sentence to determine which word to use when referencing yourself (I, me, or my). I learned this in high school and confirmed it in English Composition in college. I also worked (for several years) in proofreading/editing business correspondence for an online retailer.

Some style rules vary between regions and establishments, but mentioning the other person(s) before yourself regarding possessions is not one of them. Now, there is some disagreement as to when to use "my" or "mine" (ex: "Bonnie's and my room" vs "Bonnie's room and mine"), but when in doubt, go with "our" if it is joint possession, especially when the latter example (i.e. "mine") may cause confusion as to whether you are referring to a jointly owned room or two separate rooms (i.e. Bonnie's room plus Ellie's room).

Hope this helps for anyone interested. :)
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Hannah wrote:To be taken seriously as entrepreneurs and business owners, they would really benefit from some image coaching. They are trying to break into the fashion business. Their poor or lazy grammar may create or have no effect in Utah or Idaho, but it will certainly tarnish their image when mingling with other people in, let's say, New York. At the very least, they need to listen to other fashion designers or professionals and the way they speak then try to emulate that as much as possible. I'm pretty sure we won't hear Vera Wang say things like, "Tomorrow is Jared and I's appointment." It's hard to be taken as responsible and mature executives when you talk like 10-year-old girls. :?
Please don’t insult 10 year old girls, they sound like preschoolers.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:
Hannah wrote:To be taken seriously as entrepreneurs and business owners, they would really benefit from some image coaching. They are trying to break into the fashion business. Their poor or lazy grammar may create or have no effect in Utah or Idaho, but it will certainly tarnish their image when mingling with other people in, let's say, New York. At the very least, they need to listen to other fashion designers or professionals and the way they speak then try to emulate that as much as possible. I'm pretty sure we won't hear Vera Wang say things like, "Tomorrow is Jared and I's appointment." It's hard to be taken as responsible and mature executives when you talk like 10-year-old girls. :?
Please don’t insult 10 year old girls, they sound like preschoolers.

My grandma has been on my back about grammar since I could speak. This isn’t about age, it’s about ignorance. Unfortunately it seems they continue to be proud of this ignorance.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 am
HelloSweetie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:25 am Three seconds on Jennifer’s IG is enough to explain why the Griffith daughter’s have such atrocious grammar and spelling. There’s no point in giving a grammar lesson. People learn from those around them, and in their bubble the way they speak is normal.

Especially since their bubble is literally only their family. And only the Griffith family at that. They rarely interact with anyone outside of their siblings.
Funny you should say that. Just today, Bonnie said her dad is Joel's best friend. I love my in-laws but they aren't my best friends.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Are they seriously letting the one year old with two teeth eat popcorn? Most pediatricians don't recommend popcorn until age 5! Such a choking hazard and I doubt these idiots know how to save a choking baby!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boymomma123 wrote:Are they seriously letting the one year old with two teeth eat popcorn? Most pediatricians don't recommend popcorn until age 5! Such a choking hazard and I doubt these idiots know how to save a choking baby!

Shit like that is probably why Calvin “just stopped breathing!”

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:Are they seriously letting the one year old with two teeth eat popcorn? Most pediatricians don't recommend popcorn until age 5! Such a choking hazard and I doubt these idiots know how to save a choking baby!

They'll just do a video about it and call his doctor in a couple of days.
It's what they did when Calvin supposedly stopped breathing.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:

They'll just do a video about it and call his doctor in a couple of days.
It's what they did when Calvin supposedly stopped breathing.

Lol. We both had the same thought at the same time Image

Return to “Ellie and Jared”