Living Rosa | Part 2

Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Living Rosa | Part 2

Unread post by Highlighter »

I know they are locked at home but do we think Lennon actually has contact with other kids over her school program or anything? Just being stuck talking with her sisters all day and her parents who don't bother to correct her (or do anything) isn't helping at all. I get why they kept her home to do online schooling, but also hope that when they do have the chance to send her to school again, they do. Tara and Mandi are a lot better than many parents when it comes to encouraging home learning (even with the horrible amount of TV time), but I think Lennon is definitely one of those kids who is much better off being at school than being home schooled.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

DachshundMama1213
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DachshundMama1213 »

Highlighter wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:53 pm I know they are locked at home but do we think Lennon actually has contact with other kids over her school program or anything? Just being stuck talking with her sisters all day and her parents who don't bother to correct her (or do anything) isn't helping at all. I get why they kept her home to do online schooling, but also hope that when they do have the chance to send her to school again, they do. Tara and Mandi are a lot better than many parents when it comes to encouraging home learning (even with the horrible amount of TV time), but I think Lennon is definitely one of those kids who is much better off being at school than being home schooled.

I know there are districts out there that are 100% remote and I think in those cases, kids do interact over the computer as they are all in the same boat and they follow a group learning format. However, I am fairly certain that Lennon's district has an option for in person learning (I don't know what town they live in but I'm pretty sure we're in the same county given the things they mention and all of the schools here are back in person). Most parents with the choice here chose to do in person learning so I think Lennon's exposure to other kids, even virtually, is somewhat limited unfortunately. The virtual learning programs in my area tend to be very individual, watching recordings and doing some interactive lessons but they don't really involve much peer interaction from what I've seen. I think they do well with the homeschooling as well but I really hope all 3 older girls get to go to regular school next year. I think they'd all do well with it and I hope it will help Lennon's speech along.
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

I can't believe Valentine's countdown calendars are a thing. Of course they got them for the kids

Dallas_Snob
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Dallas_Snob »

Mandi seems much happier now that she’s back at work.
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Dallas_Snob wrote:Mandi seems much happier now that she’s back at work.
It happens every time she goes back to work from maternity leave. Getting out of the house seems to do her a world of good.

deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by deusexwarchina »

Dallas_Snob wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:59 pm
Highlighter wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:15 pm
DachshundMama1213 wrote:The speech definitely needs to be worked on. If they are getting speech and don’t want to share, that’s their business. But I highly doubt it since they always mention Dorothy’s therapies, you would think it would come up if one of the others were getting it.

I’m pretty sure they had the option to send Lennon in person (I’m almost positive I’m in the same county as them and don’t think any districts are fully remote for elementary kiddos) and while I understand fears over exposure, I kind of wish they had sent Lennon in person. I think the differences in her speech would be way harder to ignore if she went to kindergarten in person and she would likely be able to get speech in school.
Lennon's speech has been getting worse and worse for a while. If she is in speech therapy (which I doubt), it would probably have to be very recent.

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk

They’re REALLY doing her a disservice by ignoring her speech issues. There’s literally no shame in having a kid with a speech delay or impediment. She’s clearly super bright, so it makes me sad they ignore it. If they addressed it a year or so ago she’s be improving. The older they get the harder.

I know a lot of parents with this same mindset. If we don’t diagnose or address issues, they don’t exist.
Lennon is a very bright, energetic, outgoing kid. Tara and Mandi continuing to ignore her speech delays is going to make her life hell later on, developmental-wise and with her peers (little kids can be downright cruel).

And I 100% agree about the in-person theory. My little cousin is a year younger than Lennon, and she also has awful speech delays- she also watches too much TV and both her parents and my grandmother are awful at working with her on it. But since she's been going to in-person school, she's slowly getting better and better. She still isn't level with kids her age, but she's catching up. Fingers crossed Lennon can safely go back to in-person learning soon.
butterflyflower
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by butterflyflower »

On their instagram story today:
"Thank you to those of you who like and support our branded content just as much as our other posts. We appreciate you. ❤️"

Also I just noticed they put the kids saying their names back into the intro
lennoxalba7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by lennoxalba7 »

butterflyflower wrote:On their instagram story today:
"Thank you to those of you who like and support our branded content just as much as our other posts. We appreciate you. Image"

Also I just noticed they put the kids saying their names back into the intro
I just checked their feed and their branded content is getting a lot less likes than their non-branded content. They are averaging around 4000 likes on their branded stuff but between 7-8 on non-branded.

For me, I got so sick of how many branded posts they were putting out there that I decided not to like any of them. I only like their non-branded content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Thank you to Mandi and Tara. Today's vlog was almost an entire vlog of advertising WW. I am going to get more done in my day due to the 2 min I watched of their vlog, so thank you!

**WW must be desperate. They are sponsoring soooooo many vloggers it's laughable....lol!
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

Does anyone here use WW? I can’t imagine that once you’ve entered a breakfast once it doesn’t save it as a “favorite” until you’ve used it enough to truly have repetitive meals. Aka I’m pretty sure that was the first time she used the app to log her food. She also said they don’t have a scale and she isn’t using it for weight loss...aka she doesn’t want to be held accountable for continuing to use it after the paycheck comes. I understand the need for sponsored content but theirs is becoming excessive and not at all genuine.
Liz_444 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 am Thank you to Mandi and Tara. Today's vlog was almost an entire vlog of advertising WW. I am going to get more done in my day due to the 2 min I watched of their vlog, so thank you!

**WW must be desperate. They are sponsoring soooooo many vloggers it's laughable....lol!
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

I think my meals saved after a couple of days from entering them, you might even be able to save it as a favourite right away. I stopped using is a couple years ago.

CoCoPuffy678
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by CoCoPuffy678 »

I’m not one to pick apart a woman’s looks but mandis eyebrows bug me! Since the beginning, am I the only one? 😖
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

CoCoPuffy678 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:18 pm I’m not one to pick apart a woman’s looks but mandis eyebrows bug me! Since the beginning, am I the only one? 😖
Definitely not the only one. I don't pluck or fill in my brows though so I may be biased.
zombieguts7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zombieguts7 »

It seems like they've abandoned the goal to eat more plant-based. As a vegetarian, I was excited for them! But I haven't seen many meat-free meals ever since they tried the impossible burgers a few months ago.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Every time I look at Dottie's legs, I wonder if she'll ever walk normally or maybe even at all. It can't be good for her growing body and joints for her legs to be straight all the time. I'm not saying they've done anything wrong or it's their fault(I know it was from her being breech). I just feel bad for her.
butterflyflower
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by butterflyflower »

GGF1987 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:27 pm Every time I look at Dottie's legs, I wonder if she'll ever walk normally or maybe even at all. It can't be good for her growing body and joints for her legs to be straight all the time. I'm not saying they've done anything wrong or it's their fault(I know it was from her being breech). I just feel bad for her.
Is her therapy just for speech or are they moving her legs around too?
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

butterflyflower wrote:
GGF1987 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:27 pm Every time I look at Dottie's legs, I wonder if she'll ever walk normally or maybe even at all. It can't be good for her growing body and joints for her legs to be straight all the time. I'm not saying they've done anything wrong or it's their fault(I know it was from her being breech). I just feel bad for her.
Is her therapy just for speech or are they moving her legs around too?
It’s physical therapy too. Mandy showed some of her exercises in one of the vlogs.

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

I worry about her legs too. I know she was in a cast for a few weeks after she was born, but her legs are so stiff and she doesn't move them at all. I think she is getting physical therapy and they filmed Tara moving her legs as an exercise. I hope poor Dot's therapy works. Without movement of her legs she won't be able to turn over, sit up, or walk. She should be turning over from her stomach to back now.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Liz_444 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:30 am
I worry about her legs too. I know she was in a cast for a few weeks after she was born, but her legs are so stiff and she doesn't move them at all. I think she is getting physical therapy and they filmed Tara moving her legs as an exercise. I hope poor Dot's therapy works. Without movement of her legs she won't be able to turn over, sit up, or walk. She should be turning over from her stomach to back now.
Yeah, I've never seen her move her legs. They're always just out straight and stiff.
deusexwarchina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by deusexwarchina »

CoCoPuffy678 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:18 pm I’m not one to pick apart a woman’s looks but mandis eyebrows bug me! Since the beginning, am I the only one? 😖
Eh, I don't have beef with Mandi's eyebrows. Tara's, however? Her natural eyebrows look better on her. The way she fills in her eyebrows makes her RBF way worse.

Return to “I-P”