Littlexloves (woman acts as if her baby dolls are real?!)

Tankgirl
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Littlexloves (woman acts as if her baby dolls are real?!

Unread post by Tankgirl »

More than ya think. I know tons of people who are into that kind of LARPing. Usually those ones like dungeons and dragons games, and such.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

I honestly used to think that the whole reborn thing was weird when I first learned about it but after watching some of the videos I actually dont think it's a weird hobby. It actually looks pretty fun but I still don't agree with the breastfeeding the dolls thing. I actually plan on buying me one soon and can't wait!
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
Tankgirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Tankgirl »

Yeah. I think had I not always just had a love for dolls, I would have thought it was a bit strange too at first. But I instantly fell in love with the reborns. I have the cuddles sculpt by Donna rubert, reborned by June jones (eBay), and when I saw her I knew I had to have her. I use to have the cuddles doll when I was about 11 years old and my grandmother made me give all my dolls and toys to my little cousin because she said I was too old for them and my cousin didn't have much. So since that was my favorite doll, I had to get her. I just love her.
https://flic.kr/p/NzAbc2
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

WTF is wrong with these people. I must be living under the rock but I have only just recently learnt about these dolls . Super fucked up and weird. Role playing ? why ? Aren't we done with that while we were kids ? I better stay under the rock. lol.
BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

I can't...stop....watching....what is wrong with me?! Haha. Seriously, I feel awful that Laura passed away because she seemed sweet. I honestly think her love for dolls and caring for them most likely came from her awful childhood. She was molested for years by an old neighbor--like she was a young child and he was in his 40s, and I think she said she was raped in High School. Her mother seemed like a total bitch who didn't care, so, through her dolls she's being the mother she never had. I used to do this too with my dog when he was a puppy lol, and even now because I too had a fucked up mother.

I do think the hobby is odd. Spending ridiculous amounts of money on clothes, furniture, toys, REAL FOOD, for dolls is just absurd. Buying strollers and taking them out, taking them to Target and putting them in carseats...that shit isn't cheap. Honestly if I saw a grown woman pushing around a reborn doll in a stroller and buying clothes for it, I'd think she was crazy. But that's just me.
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I can't...stop....watching....what is wrong with me?! Haha. Seriously, I feel awful that Laura passed away because she seemed sweet. I honestly think her love for dolls and caring for them most likely came from her awful childhood. She was molested for years by an old neighbor--like she was a young child and he was in his 40s, and I think she said she was raped in High School. Her mother seemed like a total bitch who didn't care, so, through her dolls she's being the mother she never had. I used to do this too with my dog when he was a puppy lol, and even now because I too had a fucked up mother.

I do think the hobby is odd. Spending ridiculous amounts of money on clothes, furniture, toys, REAL FOOD, for dolls is just absurd. Buying strollers and taking them out, taking them to Target and putting them in carseats...that shit isn't cheap. Honestly if I saw a grown woman pushing around a reborn doll in a stroller and buying clothes for it, I'd think she was crazy. But that's just me.
Count me in. Super weird.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Just because there are other subjectively weirder hobbies doesn't mean reborn dolls as a hobby isn't weird. It just means it is among other weird hobbies.

Tank, slow down and try again bruh your replies are like
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#FreeBen
itsmemustb
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsmemustb »

I know this thread is old but I just finished reading through the whole thing. It is an interesting study in adult bullying, and is surprisingly not so different from child bullying.

1. find a target.
2. bash the target for things she can't help, such as her appearance and make assumptions about target like her "vag has never been in service" because she is so fat and ugly
3. brag about how much better you are than the target "this is how I do things and I have REAL kids!!"
4. enter a queen bee into the group who shares inside info all from her own point of view of course (Kate)
5. kiss the queen bee's ass into eternity.
6. find some justification for the bullying "the target was a horrible person!" based on someone's accusations who made accounts to visit private doll forums to stalk fans (which is JUST AS CRAZY as pretending dolls are real)
7. Queen Bee fans the flames some more, reveals a horribly slanderous incident which doesn't sound credible she swore she wouldn't, and gets her ass kissed some more with posters automatically taking her word because it's what they want to hear.
8. Queen bee uploads some disgusting video of her husband changing his dirty diaper (ok, so it's not at all like child bullying) and is defended by the hive, claiming "I don't get it, but it doesn't mean they are bad people"...which is something they could have said about the reborn community, hmmm?
9. target dies suddenly
10. there is a brief pause in the bullying before it comes full force again with people accusing her of faking her death, scamming children and trying to kidnap them.
11. target's sister comes on the board just as Queen Bee did about 10 times over. Sister tries to defend her family and is told she has only come to the board for recognition and drama although one person (Kate) was applauded for doing exactly the same thing.

There was a study done where a person walks into a room where everyone stands when they hear a bell ring. Eventually the newcomer begins standing too. Another new person is brought in and starts standing too when they hear the bell. Eventually the room empties out of people who were "in on it" and is full of people standing when they hear the bell who have no idea why. You need to be the one person who says "why are we doing this?" instead of following along with sheep mentality. I'm sure this Laura wasn't perfect, but NO ONE is totally good or bad. I also know this is a gossip forum and I do post on GG but to gang up on one person to bash mercilessly while putting another up on a pedestal is truly acting like children who pick out the one kid who has something different about them to bully while worshiping the popular kid. I guess we never really grow up after all.

It was just an interesting read and I wanted to share my observations as an unbiased outsider. Carry on.
karathrace

Re: Littlexloves (woman acts as if her baby dolls are real?!)

Unread post by karathrace »

Posting on the off chance that anyone here is active or reading this. I have been interacting with Lauren via a dating app and my mind is absolutely blown by what she said to me yesterday, then the following googling and reading with my mouth hanging open this morning.

Thanks. -J

Return to “I-P”