Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I really fail to see why on earth she would have another child with that selfish egotistical fuck. She isn't allowed at all to have any mother bonding with her daughter. He claims all June's first for himself and Kelsey gets all the grunt work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by janem »

Every other vlog is going to have something about pregnancy in it. So stupid. Viewers will be bored with it even before she’s actually pregnant. “Trying for baby #2”every time they have sex.

Kelsey should go back and watch some videos from the last time. I think this time will be harder, they have June and Kelsey is driving the trip.

Glad that they finally showed some scenery. That area is beautiful. Their vlogs are almost a week delayed. He showed an IG photo of that food truck last week. She also said that they were leaving Moab the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:Ok they did show scenery today. Good for them. I laughed that the title was preparing for next baby. She still has more regular vitamins to take so why the urgency to buy and show off prenatal vitamins. Oh yeah for views. Finally, I thought her last pregnancy was a surprise. Why was she taking prenatal prior if it was a surprise? Maybe I misunderstood and they were trying for June on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was always told that you should take prenatals for quite some time, like months to a year before you started trying to get pregnant. Basically if you are in your child bearing years and you think you might, or want to get pregnant in the near (or not so near) future you should be on them. To make sure your folic acid levels were good before you even conceived.

Also, June was not a complete surprise. For some reason Kelsey thought it would take her a really long time to get pregnant (no clue why she thought that) and they were kinda trying/not trying the entire trip. What surprised her was how fast she got pregnant once they started trying. I don't think she ever went in to detail about why she thought it would take longer (if she has medical issues or if their was a family history there..).

Kelsey was absolutely miserable the entire time she was on the road and pregnant with June. Why on earth would she want to put herself through that again??
I guess I date myself not knowing Thanks for the info.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:Ok they did show scenery today. Good for them. I laughed that the title was preparing for next baby. She still has more regular vitamins to take so why the urgency to buy and show off prenatal vitamins. Oh yeah for views. Finally, I thought her last pregnancy was a surprise. Why was she taking prenatal prior if it was a surprise? Maybe I misunderstood and they were trying for June on the road.

I was always told that you should take prenatals for quite some time, like months to a year before you started trying to get pregnant. Basically if you are in your child bearing years and you think you might, or want to get pregnant in the near (or not so near) future you should be on them. To make sure your folic acid levels were good before you even conceived.

Also, June was not a complete surprise. For some reason Kelsey thought it would take her a really long time to get pregnant (no clue why she thought that) and they were kinda trying/not trying the entire trip. What surprised her was how fast she got pregnant once they started trying. I don't think she ever went in to detail about why she thought it would take longer (if she has medical issues or if their was a family history there..).

Kelsey was absolutely miserable the entire time she was on the road and pregnant with June. Why on earth would she want to put herself through that again??
I guess I date myself not knowing Thanks for the info.

Well.... my youngest is 13 so my info is probably dated too and they might not go by those guidelines anymore, but that's just what i was told many many moons ago. LOL!!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I was told to at least take folic acid if I was even thinking about trying, and my kids are in their twenties. And I do remember that they were not preventing pregnancy on the Wander Wagon trip. They never explained why they thought it would take longer. But we all discussed here how irresponsible it was. It's kinda hard to get consistent prenatal care on the road.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
aurora85
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aurora85 »

lmmomSD wrote:I was told to at least take folic acid if I was even thinking about trying, and my kids are in their twenties. And I do remember that they were not preventing pregnancy on the Wander Wagon trip. They never explained why they thought it would take longer. But we all discussed here how irresponsible it was. It's kinda hard to get consistent prenatal care on the road.

Exactly how often do you Americans visit your prenatal care provider? Because I literally only went in once a month up until the end where it became every two weeks and finally once a week as my due date drew near. So I fail to see how one cannot get “consistent prenatal care on the road”. You already know when your appt is and you come back for it. Easy for a normal person I would think.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

aurora85 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I was told to at least take folic acid if I was even thinking about trying, and my kids are in their twenties. And I do remember that they were not preventing pregnancy on the Wander Wagon trip. They never explained why they thought it would take longer. But we all discussed here how irresponsible it was. It's kinda hard to get consistent prenatal care on the road.

Exactly how often do you Americans visit your prenatal care provider? Because I literally only went in once a month up until the end where it became every two weeks and finally once a week as my due date drew near. So I fail to see how one cannot get “consistent prenatal care on the road”. You already know when your appt is and you come back for it. Easy for a normal person I would think.

They weren't just travelling a few hours from home though. The first trip was supposed to be across the states, it wouldn't have been feasible to come back once a month to a home base. That was the issue.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
aurora85 wrote:

They weren't just travelling a few hours from home though. The first trip was supposed to be across the states, it wouldn't have been feasible to come back once a month to a home base. That was the issue.
Exactly. I only went once a month to start with too, but they were traveling across the country. She didn't even have a provider. They were way far away from any kind of home base. And they went to stay in some family member's beach condo before moving to Portland before June was born. I mean, obviously June turned out ok, but switching doctors mid-pregnancy isn't exactly recommended.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Could they be moving back into that beach house for the winter? I would think they could rent it from Corbin's relatives fairly cheap as the Oregon Coast is freezing and rainy all winter, so no tourists will be around to rent it. I really can't see them RVing all winter or living with Corbin's parents.

The clickbait is just beyond stupid. I thought they were a travel/adventure channel...not a baby clickbait channel.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

They are grasping at straws. Some people are talented at editing vlogs abs understand their audience, most are mediocre but have a loyal following, then there is these guys who are neither talented nor consistent. They need to figure out their brand and put serious effort it or just get out now and spare themselves and their children.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

These breastfeeding videos are not performing well, even worse than their regular videos which were already struggling. Wow.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

ohaudrey wrote:They are grasping at straws. Some people are talented at editing vlogs abs understand their audience, most are mediocre but have a loyal following, then there is these guys who are neither talented nor consistent. They need to figure out their brand and put serious effort it or just get out now and spare themselves and their children.
They really do vlog the most boring parts of their day. I wanted them to explain more about the Navajo tacos, but they just ended the vlog without even closing it out. I do like when they show the scenery, but I wish they'd give more details and not just rely on B-roll with music over it. That's the EASIEST way to vlog EVER! The quality of the vlogs is really terrible now that they are on the road.

This is a great opportunity for them to share facts and information and give travel recommendations/advice, but they are just so lazy. I feel like they film 10 minutes TOPS and Corbin just uses whatever he has. They really don't need to be secretive about where they are when they are so far behind in posting vlogs. They are also in the middle of nowhere.

I've discovered new travel vloggers I really like if you are interested in REAL travel vloggers:

Dane and Stacey engaged couple from New Zealand
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnpMr ... 5MdlghTYqA

Nate and Kara married couple from USA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ijq8 ... x8OH12dUSw
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

These are the people who conceived their first while they were living in a van with no home base/primary provider, no full-time employment and no prenatal health coverage. So I can’t say I’m shocked that they think they’re in a great position to try for baby #2, but the depths of their denial and irresponsibility somehow never cease to amaze me.

I think at this point his parents are full-on enabling his delusions of YouTube grandeur by letting them live in their RV. Imagine if his parents put their foot down, and said they could move in, get jobs, and save for a place of their own? I think if Kelsey and Corbin had to live in his parent’s home in Idaho, they would finally realize the position they are in. Right now, the RV is their buffer and is giving them the illusion that they have their independence, their own space and they can support a second child. I know that his parents run the risk of Corbin cutting them out once again, but without his parents support and without the Lanning’s support, does he really have any enablers left?

I have a family member who reminds me quite a bit of Corbin, expect he’s a narcissist who had the good sense not to get married and start a family. If Corbin is anything like my family member, he will continue to manipulate and mooch off whomever he can, but I don’t think Corbin has the charisma or surface level likability of most high functioning narcissists. They’re usually very good at making friends and then milking those friends for everything they’re worth. Corbin isn’t quite so crafty with how he uses people (his parents are obviously easy targets of manipulation) so he burns bridges fast.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Can they stop with the pregnancy videos?! You are travel vloggers yet you barely show us destinations.

Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

Ducklings4 wrote:Can they stop with the pregnancy videos?! You are travel vloggers yet you barely show us destinations.

Ikr? They aren't even planning to get pregnant for 3 months! Anything pathetic for views.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Oh Lord... enough already ! So now that they have said this... there shouldn’t be anymore baby clickbait titles! Travel vloggers that don’t show travel idiots.

melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

janem wrote:Oh Lord... enough already ! So now that they have said this... there shouldn’t be anymore baby clickbait titles! Travel vloggers that don’t show travel idiots.

They are no travelers. They are just two morons STILL trying to make a living on Youtube by faking it while thinking they are smarter than the viewers....

I suspect they are already back home to Emmett, ID, editing their two week trip in a way to fool us into believing that they are living in the RV fulltime. Their first Lake Powell Houseboat (a timeshare) video in 2016 was posted on Sept, 28, and they were supposeingly two weeks behind.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Did anyone else get the impression that they were “not trying, not preventing” and doing some sort of half-assed fertility awareness method throughout their relationship? And they’re both kind of scratching their heads and wondering why they never conceived during that time until they finally did get pregnant with June. I think they’re worried that they’re going to have to try for a while and that’s part of the haste to get the IUD out and start actively trying, despite their financial and living situation. Corbin asked, “Did it take us years to get pregnant?” Someone well versed in tracking their fertility isn't going to question it like that? Or ask their husband if he even knows how it works?

I wonder if they really are saving any money on this “road trip” thanks to Corbin’s parents letting them use the RV. I sort of got the impression Corbin’s parents were offering them a little bit towards a down payment, but nothing that would get them the kind of house that Corbin has in his mind. So this road trip was an attempt to save a significant amount of money rather quickly. Didn’t Kelsey say that she wanted to buy a house before baby #2? I wonder if that didn’t pan out and now she’s given up on the idea.

I find it funny that she thinks that there’s somehow a “wait period” after going off the pill versus having a copper IUD removed. I get that a copper IUD works by killing sperm and preventing implantation, whereas the pill works by preventing ovulation, but in my experience your cycle comes back rather quickly after going off the pill- like, ovulation within two weeks or so, which is the average length of the follicular phase in a normal cycle. Fertility usually returns to normal (whatever your “normal” cycle is) immediately after you remove the IUD or you complete a pack of birth control pills. I know that this varies from person to person, but I get the impression that yet again these two don't know what they're talking about.
Pyro1309
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pyro1309 »

“We don’t know if it took us years to have June or not”. Except it DIDNT! Because Kelsey straight up said they were preventing during that time. Stop acting like you’re struggling with infertility Corbin because as of right now you’re NOT!

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I feel like my spouse insisting we live in a van like homeless people during the fall and winter, constantly travelling and being super underprepared with a baby because they refused to get a job would be enough for me to leave them. And that's without even touching Corbin's personality or how weirdly possessive he is with June. Am I alone in this? Kelsey seems like she lowkey hates her life right now.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”