ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Pyro1309 wrote:“We don’t know if it took us years to have June or not”. Except it DIDNT! Because Kelsey straight up said they were preventing during that time. Stop acting like you’re struggling with infertility Corbin because as of right now you’re NOT!
Oh, God. Now they're going to jump on the "infertility" bandwagon. Because infertility gets views! Yay! Only it's BS.
Yeah, I don't think Corbin actually understands what he's talking about. Kelsey said they were preventing and Corbin was all "well, we could have gotten pregnant at anytime for YEARS!" and "We have NO control if we get pregnant!" Nope, that's not how it works moron.

i also thought Kelsey was dumb to say it would be "unlikely" to get pregnant with an IUD. Bitch, that's what birth control does!!!
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

lmmomSD wrote:
Pyro1309 wrote:“We don’t know if it took us years to have June or not”. Except it DIDNT! Because Kelsey straight up said they were preventing during that time. Stop acting like you’re struggling with infertility Corbin because as of right now you’re NOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, God. Now they're going to jump on the "infertility" bandwagon. Because infertility gets views! Yay! Only it's BS.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I totally knew this would happen.

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

I found it immature of Kelsey when she said she felt she kissed out on something because she didn’t get to experience getting her hopes up about possibly being pregnant and then getting a negative test. It was so juvenile to say something like that and incredibly insensitive to all of the people who suffer with infertility and all they’ve experienced is that let down.

I cringe whenever anyone talks about fertility and pregnancy like it’s as mundane of a topic as grocery shopping on such a public platform. They usually have little to no self awareness and are flippant and insensitive in what they say. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with Baby #2 for them, but if it doesn’t, they’ll have no privacy to deal with what they may face. These two are both so immature.

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

I see an E+J Mother’s Day style pregnancy announcement then miscarriage video to follow in their future... when it was just an Evap line and a period all along

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Of course Corbin thinks he knows more about Kelsey's body than she does! My husband doesn't really understand how fertility works either, even though I've tried to explain it to him. Unless a woman has not educated herself on fertility at all, or doesn't get any signs (regular periods, CM changes, mittelschmerz, etc.), she has a pretty good idea of when she's fertile and will have a good idea of whether or not she could be pregnant depending on when they've done the deed. My husband used to think any unprotected sex at any time would automatically result in a pregnancy and didn't understand there was only a 20-30% chance each month even if timing were perfect. I'm sure Corbin is the same, he just wants to act like a know-it-all as always.
Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

Juniper singing is cute but dang they could wipe her little face after she eats

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

So they’re at lake Powell. Why not show some of the travel to get there or getting o the houseboat. Another something that his parents are footing the bill for.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They've only had TWO travel vlogs in at least two weeks. The rest have been how-tos, what we eat, routines and FOUR about getting pregnant in the future. LAME.

I didn't even bother to watch today. I honestly don't think June is that cute and they are just using her as filler for a vlog when they don't want to do any work.
queenb8291
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenb8291 »

What is most sad to me is that these are not the only two using pregnancy gossip to grow their channel. In the YouTube world it is just a thing. E&J did it too.. I think everyone sees people like them do it so they give it a try to. I have watched so many take test & say I might be pregnant, it is just a negative test but they act like it could still be positive but they aren’t sure. Like what the heck... get a grip... say your trying, then when it happens say it and if you struggle for a year than maybe talk infertility? I don’t I don’t have kids.. I should shut up. I just hate people having babies for views. We don’t need more messed up kids here.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Punkincookie wrote:Juniper singing is cute but dang they could wipe her little face after she eats

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

That video was cringey and I usually think she’s cute.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

All I found interesting about that was for people who claim to have an unplugged childhood set for June she would at her age have to watch that movie so much in order to pick that up. I guarantee they put it on repeat so they can have the TV watch their kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Steps_to_STFU wrote:All I found interesting about that was for people who claim to have an unplugged childhood set for June she would at her age have to watch that movie so much in order to pick that up. I guarantee they put it on repeat so they can have the TV watch their kid.
I was wondering about that! You never see them allowing her to watch TV/iPad/laptop/etc., but they obviously do. It's so stupid how they brag about NOT having a TV, but you can get the same shows, channels, movies, sports on most devices these days. It's just weird that they hide it!
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:All I found interesting about that was for people who claim to have an unplugged childhood set for June she would at her age have to watch that movie so much in order to pick that up. I guarantee they put it on repeat so they can have the TV watch their kid.
I was wondering about that! You never see them allowing her to watch TV/iPad/laptop/etc., but they obviously do. It's so stupid how they brag about NOT having a TV, but you can get the same shows, channels, movies, sports on most devices these days. It's just weird that they hide it!
I still remember them having that party and expecting their guest to sit around their laptop and watch the game. Like, they mention watching Netflix etc. I don't have cable I just have a smart TV and hulu, netflix and prime. So why not have a TV instead of straining to see a laptop screen.

As for June, they never show her crying or being a normal 1 yr old either. They edit a lot out and only put in that which makes her look like a genius.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

For sure June watches TV.

As a new mom, I was totally for an unplugged childhood. In theory, it still sounds super romantic and ideal. However, the dark realities of motherhood settled in and I needed a damn BREAK. My daughter watches Sesame Street. She can count to 14, say her ABC’s, learns new words every day, sings, etc. at she’s not even two. She also loves the outdoors and can entertain herself.

I’m proud to have a TV babysitter so I can safely do house chores. I’m also proud to have a little nature baby.

You do you, but lying ain’t cute nor is it relatable.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

FWIW my daughter is the same age as June & doesn’t watch any screens at all. We have two older boys and they do, though. Just saying it can be done but on a perpetual road trip it would probably be a challenge.

Oh also we don’t own a TV but have iPads and it actually helps because we can hide them away and our kids forget. When we had a Tv on the wall they’d ask much more often.

Also disclaimer I’m not judging I just kinda hate TV myself so you do you and parent how you like... and be honest about it (looking at you Corbin)
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I really don’t care if June watches a screen or not, but the lying is absolutely ridiculous! It’s pretty obvious that June watches more tv then they’d like to admit, so lying just makes you look dumb.

Or wait, June is just so smart shes picked up everything from watching once....
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

It’s possible they listen to the soundtrack in the car, but being realistic they also probably utilize the iPad quite a bit on the road to keep her entertained. I don’t find this RV road trip to be nearly as romantic as they want it to sound, I think it’s probably a lot of driving, and sitting in the RV.

The could travel and still work normal jobs and support themselves, while doing YouTube on the side like other channels start off doing. I work for a small non-profit, and we have a pretty generous leave policy. Normal people plan trips like this one or two weeks at a time. That’s what I did with my family growing up, and I’ve been to plenty of national parks. Yeah, working is a drag sometimes, but it’s nice to have a steady paycheck, a 401K, decent health insurance options, a savings account, etc.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

It definitely is possible to go screen free, but do Corbin and Kelsey seem like they could manage? When have they EVER stuck with ANY of their plans? Yeah, they’re not unplugged.
Sunshiner
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sunshiner »

Hmm no new videos for a few days! I guess because they have no internet....or no content! Their subscribers in the last 24 hours I noticed has been an increase by 35....That's not great at all they've been hovering around their 250k milestone for months! I'd feel sorry for them but the content says it all. Not. Relevant. Not. Interesting. It's a pity
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

Sunshiner wrote:Hmm no new videos for a few days! I guess because they have no internet....or no content! Their subscribers in the last 24 hours I noticed has been an increase by 35....That's not great at all they've been hovering around their 250k milestone for months! I'd feel sorry for them but the content says it all. Not. Relevant. Not. Interesting. It's a pity
They want you to think that they are currently vacationing in the houseboat in Lake Powell with no wifi. But in reality, they are already home or close to home. Their main goal is to give the viewers an illusion that they are fulltime RVers but only live in it for a limited amount of time. I was in Utah last year during my extended RV trip. There are way more than three places to visit for a three weeks stay.

I think their trip looks more like this:
1)They probably stayed in Moab for five days, visited Arches NP and Moab in one day, filmed most of the useless fillers for three day, went to Canyonland NP for half a day and made more fillers, then moved to Mexican Hat.
2) Spent a week in Lake Powell and Page.
3) Finally, take a week to drive back to Idaho.

The only way to save money is to stay at their parents' house, not on the road. Make a three week trip looks like seven weeks long is one way to do it.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”