Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I just watched the vlog where Corbin was being weird about Kelsey ordering some baby books online and he referred to it as a "shopping spree." :?

It made me think that Missy really is depositing money into their Amazon account, because Corbin seems like the type who would watch their bank account statement and confront her about any charges that he didn't immediately recognize, and frankly I'd be surprised if Kelsey has her own bank account or credit card of any kind. It almost made me suspicious that Missy uses the Amazon account to funnel money to Kelsey because Kelsey has made comments about Corbin's control over their finances. Kelsey looked embarrassed that Corbin was making a big deal for the vlog about the fact that he didn't know she had ordered a couple books.

Why are they buying a new bed when they're just going to have to move it to Southern California when they move?

LOL at Corbin claiming they're limiting the number of times they eat out. These two eat out more than any 20-somethings I know trying to save money. Eating one dinner out a week doesn't mean much if you're still eating out for breakfast and lunch regularly.

I wonder how much they received for selling their vlog footage to that weird cable network. The producers or whomever didn't contact them at all to let them know that the preview so going live online, and presumably they're not doing any press and don't seem to be all that connected to the final product. They haven't even gotten a copy of the episode. It sounds like they're only being featured in the pilot episode and that one episode will span from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth. Depending on how much they got, that seems somewhat short-sighted. I wonder if they'll plug the YouTube channel at all. Plus, I'd be worried about how it will be edited and how I would come across if I couldn't even see the final product before it aired. This could just attract more criticism to their channel, especially if the focus is on the fact that they're pregnant and living in a van.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I wonder how much they received for selling their vlog footage to that weird cable network. The producers or whomever didn't contact them at all to let them know that the preview so going live online, and presumably they're not doing any press and don't seem to be all that connected to the final product. They haven't even gotten a copy of the episode. It sounds like they're only being featured in the pilot episode and that one episode will span from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth. Depending on how much they got, that seems somewhat short-sighted. I wonder if they'll plug the YouTube channel at all. Plus, I'd be worried about how it will be edited and how I would come across if I couldn't even see the final product before it aired. This could just attract more criticism to their channel, especially if the focus is on the fact that they're pregnant and living in a van.
I'm guessing the TV thing was negotiated via Fullscreen and they just signed on the dotted line and gave over control. I'm sure they were paid a SMALL sum because it's just a pilot on a random cable channel. I'd bet it was MAX $10K and probably less.

It IS funny they won't even get to watch it themselves because they don't have a TV or cable - and it's not something they can livestream. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they go to DBs for a BIG viewing party to celebrate their TV debut and GET MORE VIEWS!! :roll: :roll:

As for the bed frame, they are certainly getting a moving truck, so one one item probably won't make a big difference.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So it must be Missy and Bryan (+ kids? or that other couple?) coming to visit for the eclipse. They don't have ANY other friends and Corbin bought 4 pairs of the glasses. It's also not family from Idaho because the eclipse passes right over them.

I wonder how much DBs are spending on this trip - and where they are staying. Last I heard, renting a car in Portland next week is at least $1200/day and lots of hotels/campgrounds near the best viewing spots have been sold out for MONTHS!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

What in the holy hell was that video I just watched? These two need jobs.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Pency wrote:What in the holy hell was that video I just watched? These two need jobs.
I thought the same thing. They can't even do a five minute vlog with decent content. Why not take the baby outside to do the bubbles. Thought it was strange to blow them inside on their bed.
Kelsey even called that whole thing a skit. That's all their vlogs have become... 5 minute skits
Get a job Corbin and do something with that chapman degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

janem wrote:
Pency wrote:What in the holy hell was that video I just watched? These two need jobs.
I thought the same thing. They can't even do a five minute vlog with decent content. Why not take the baby outside to do the bubbles. Thought it was strange to blow them inside on their bed.
Kelsey even called that whole thing a skit. That's all their vlogs have become... 5 minute skits
Get a job Corbin and do something with that chapman degree.

Seriously. I bet they both took on student debt. And this is what they're doing? If it were me I would never be able to point a future potential employer to this channel as my portfolio. The click bait about pregnancy tests and breastfeeding is embarrassing. They just do lame skits where they use their baby is a prop.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Corbin's hair looks so stupid and all of these skits he's coming up with are ridiculous. I really dislike that man and I am two seconds away from unsubscribing all together. The only 2 things I'm holding out for are their move to California and watching that gorgeous baby grow up. I'm probably going to stop watching until they move.

Speaking of their gorgeous baby, I still can't get over them getting her ears pierced. I really hope she doesn't yank those hoops out, I would never watch them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Turning into a prank channel is a death rattle. They better start job hunting pronto.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Pency wrote:Turning into a prank channel is a death rattle. They better start job hunting pronto.
...Or packing for SoCal. I couldn't even bring myself to "hate" watch their vlogs this week. They are at the bottom of the barrel.

I am pretty sure M&B are coming this weekend, so at least they will have "friends" around. I still find it SOOOOO strange they have ZERO friends in Portland. They are such a strange, co-dependent couple!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

As lame as I think the "prank videos" are and as much as I question how they would be able to pull them off in that tiny apartment without the other one noticing, Kelsey seemed really upset and panicked when Corbin locked himself in the bathroom with the baby. It actually made me uncomfortable. I feel like that's a truer representation of how Kelsey actually feels and interacts with Corbin on a daily basis when the camera isn't on. She's yelling, banging on the door, super agitated and it sounded like she was ready to cry. the way she looked at him and pushed him away once he revealed that it was a prank was very telling as well. The fact that Corbin even thought it would be funny to lock himself in the bathroom with the baby and yell out "oh shit!" and then refuse to let her in is so messed up. I don't think that was funny in the least because of how she reacted, but I also think they don't speak very kindly to each other when the camera isn't rolling, judging by their interactions during these prank videos. I wonder if Kelsey even know that the second camera in the corner was recording, because she pushed him away so fast, told him it wasn't funny, looked like she was ready to cry and scrunched her face up and gave him the meanest, angriest look.
pohtahtoh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pohtahtoh »

HashtagBlessed wrote:As lame as I think the "prank videos" are and as much as I question how they would be able to pull them off in that tiny apartment without the other one noticing, Kelsey seemed really upset and panicked when Corbin locked himself in the bathroom with the baby. It actually made me uncomfortable. I feel like that's a truer representation of how Kelsey actually feels and interacts with Corbin on a daily basis when the camera isn't on. She's yelling, banging on the door, super agitated and it sounded like she was ready to cry. the way she looked at him and pushed him away once he revealed that it was a prank was very telling as well. The fact that Corbin even thought it would be funny to lock himself in the bathroom with the baby and yell out "oh shit!" and then refuse to let her in is so messed up. I don't think that was funny in the least because of how she reacted, but I also think they don't speak very kindly to each other when the camera isn't rolling, judging by their interactions during these prank videos. I wonder if Kelsey even know that the second camera in the corner was recording, because she pushed him away so fast, told him it wasn't funny, looked like she was ready to cry and scrunched her face up and gave him the meanest, angriest look.
Was this in today's video? I try not to ever give them any views but would like to see this.

storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

pohtahtoh wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:As lame as I think the "prank videos" are and as much as I question how they would be able to pull them off in that tiny apartment without the other one noticing, Kelsey seemed really upset and panicked when Corbin locked himself in the bathroom with the baby. It actually made me uncomfortable. I feel like that's a truer representation of how Kelsey actually feels and interacts with Corbin on a daily basis when the camera isn't on. She's yelling, banging on the door, super agitated and it sounded like she was ready to cry. the way she looked at him and pushed him away once he revealed that it was a prank was very telling as well. The fact that Corbin even thought it would be funny to lock himself in the bathroom with the baby and yell out "oh shit!" and then refuse to let her in is so messed up. I don't think that was funny in the least because of how she reacted, but I also think they don't speak very kindly to each other when the camera isn't rolling, judging by their interactions during these prank videos. I wonder if Kelsey even know that the second camera in the corner was recording, because she pushed him away so fast, told him it wasn't funny, looked like she was ready to cry and scrunched her face up and gave him the meanest, angriest look.
Was this in today's video? I try not to ever give them any views but would like to see this.

It's the "baby's first haircut prank" video and continues about half way thru "mom vs dad", both from a few days ago. I don't typically like to give them views either, but wanted to see that after reading here, so went to find it

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yep, looks like it's their only friends B&M coming to visit. Dang, they must be paying a FORTUNE if this is a last-minute trip. Someone mentioned camping, which also seems INSANE considering how many people are coming to Oregon just for this.

SN: Why are they buying pigs feet? Maybe it's a joke, but weird! I took a screenshot, but it won't let me post it here.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Yet another rant. They should save these rants for off camera. It's their problem so keep it off camera. Are they expecting their minions to flood YouTube with complaints?
This is a real joke if the Lumps are coming. Once again it's something "trendy" so they have to do it. Can't see the Lumps camping.
Next few days will be interesting.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

janem wrote:Yet another rant. They should save these rants for off camera. It's their problem so keep it off camera. Are they expecting their minions to flood YouTube with complaints?
This is a real joke if the Lumps are coming. Once again it's something "trendy" so they have to do it. Can't see the Lumps camping.
Next few days will be interesting.
Bryan Instagramed from the plane, so it's totally them. I wonder what they mean by "camping"? Certainly they aren't tent camping with three little kids and four wimpy-ass parents. I'm guessing it's actually a fancy Airbnb/rental cabin somewhere in Central Oregon - that B&M paid for.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I hope they all stay in a car

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
wendigo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wendigo »

Was anyone else rubbed the wrong way about their newest rant? While I agree with them that a video of Kelsey's belly being flagged is stupid, this isn't a new thing. YouTubers (particularly LGBT YouTubers) have had their entire libraries demonetized for being "inappropriate" recently. It's stupid, yes, but they were acting like they were personally targeted. Also, "body shaming pregnant women"- get over yourself Corbin. And Kelsey calling it "our belly" was just uncomfortable.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wendigo wrote:Was anyone else rubbed the wrong way about their newest rant? While I agree with them that a video of Kelsey's belly being flagged is stupid, this isn't a new thing. YouTubers (particularly LGBT YouTubers) have had their entire libraries demonetized for being "inappropriate" recently. It's stupid, yes, but they were acting like they were personally targeted. Also, "body shaming pregnant women"- get over yourself Corbin. And Kelsey calling it "our belly" was just uncomfortable.
Yes, and what irked me the most was how they act as if they are the only ones!! I wouldn't be surprised if "skinny girls in bikinis" (as Corbin called them) are getting flagged too. I think most channels have had problems lately.

I had to :lol: :lol: :lol: when Corbin said he wrote YT to tell them that the henna was a "natural marker to write on her tummy." I hope he phrased it less 2nd grader than that. What a dummy!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They just need to accept that advertisers through YouTube have decided they don't want their ads to run on videos where the thumbnail has a bare stomach. They might not agree with it, but these two don't know how to put those differences aside and accept direction from the entity that enables them to monetize videos and earn a paycheck. I'm not saying it's right or wrong to flag it, but Corbin literally can not take direction and handle being told what advertisers want. It doesn't really matter if Corbin disagrees, he's chosen to upload his videos to YouTube and monetize them. He has to abide by their rules if he wants to use their advertising program, and those rules might be arbitrary at times, just like literally any other employer. They're throwing a fit hoping they can embarrass YouTube and make their audience think YouTube is anti-mom or anti-pregnancy. It's just so petty- can't they change the thumbnails to no longer contain the bare stomachs? And what makes them think that "sexually suggestive" thumbnails or thumbnails of thin women in bikinis aren't getting flagged for de-monetization as well? They act like they're being personally targets and victimized because YouTube hates mothers.

It's also humorous to me that they claim YouTube flagged this video for de-monetization because they dared to criticize them. The thumbnail has a bare stomach in it, the very thing Corbin determined got the other videos flagged by the algorithm.
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Serves them right to be unmonetized since it was cultural appropriation and they shouldn't profit off of that anyhow. But there is no targeting with that it's all automatic and sometimes it's by mistake and they fix it if it shouldn't be flagged. As usual, they aren't special like they think they are

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”