Samika Part 3

Free
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by Free »

Question! So the youtube change is to protect the kids from the parents that are exploiting them? I have heard "youtube changes" "for family channels" or "vloggers with kid content" so I'm curious what is really going on. It seems like the parents that exploit their kids are screwing over regular vloggers??? A few people have said oh we are not geared towards kids...
"It's Easier to FOOL people than to CONVINCE them they are being FOOLED"
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

They certainly glossed over the falling out with Tyler and Hayli.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

rosie_dalia wrote:They certainly glossed over the falling out with Tyler and Hayli.
They said something like “I’m glad we were able to hash it out and pick up where we left off” and I personally think that’s a pretty mature way of handling the situation. I think it would turn into a game of “he said/she said” pretty quickly if they went into more detail on the video. They obviously were able to work it out between the two couples. I’m pretty nosy so I would love to know what actually happened between them but I don’t see how that would work for a video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Free wrote:Question! So the youtube change is to protect the kids from the parents that are exploiting them? I have heard "youtube changes" "for family channels" or "vloggers with kid content" so I'm curious what is really going on. It seems like the parents that exploit their kids are screwing over regular vloggers??? A few people have said oh we are not geared towards kids...
Not at all. YT doesn't give a shit about the kids being exploited by their parents. That makes them a ton of money. There are already rules in place that are supposed to protect the kids on YouTube, but they aren't being enforced, so people are still uploading videos of their kids sick, hurt and embarrassed. Because they make lots of money.
The changes are because YT was gathering information about kids _watching_ videos. The FTC hit them with a big fine. The new rules mean that channels with content aimed at kids has to identify themselves as kids' content, and they can't run targeted ads. Regular ads still make money, but targeted ads make a lot more. And if they lie to YouTube and say they aren't uploading videos aimed at kids, and the AI YT has determines that it IS kids content, they will be fined, and possibly get in trouble with the FTC.
Here's a blog post about it. You can Google it and find a lot more. I can't wait to see people like Sav and Cole scrambling. I just hope the kids don't suffer from their parents losing the income that they can't replace based on skills and education.

https://vidiq.com/blog/post/ftc-youtube-kids-content/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

madi_b_123 wrote:
rosie_dalia wrote:They certainly glossed over the falling out with Tyler and Hayli.
They said something like “I’m glad we were able to hash it out and pick up where we left off” and I personally think that’s a pretty mature way of handling the situation. I think it would turn into a game of “he said/she said” pretty quickly if they went into more detail on the video. They obviously were able to work it out between the two couples. I’m pretty nosy so I would love to know what actually happened between them but I don’t see how that would work for a video

There is stuff about it in a past thread here. Apparently, one poster was speculating about what was behind Sam leaving Trixin, and hit pretty close to home. Tyler was reading here, and accused Sam (from what was said, fairly aggressively) of spilling the tea. So he asked the poster to help him prove to Tyler that it wasn't him. Having someone who claims to be a friend not take my word for it over something like that would be pretty hurtful, especially for someone who actually has integrity like Sam. And it's probably the reason they glossed over it. Don't want Tyler getting his panties in a wad again.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah, that's what I meant. Tyler seemed to cause the initial problem, so it was definitely nice of Sam and Jenn to take them back as friends. I don't know if I would be so nice/trusting after something like that.

Hayli also seems like a total bratty BEECH, so I don't understand how she and Jenn get along.
Free
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Free »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:57 am
Free wrote:Question! So the youtube change is to protect the kids from the parents that are exploiting them? I have heard "youtube changes" "for family channels" or "vloggers with kid content" so I'm curious what is really going on. It seems like the parents that exploit their kids are screwing over regular vloggers??? A few people have said oh we are not geared towards kids...
Not at all. YT doesn't give a shit about the kids being exploited by their parents. That makes them a ton of money. There are already rules in place that are supposed to protect the kids on YouTube, but they aren't being enforced, so people are still uploading videos of their kids sick, hurt and embarrassed. Because they make lots of money.
The changes are because YT was gathering information about kids _watching_ videos. The FTC hit them with a big fine. The new rules mean that channels with content aimed at kids has to identify themselves as kids' content, and they can't run targeted ads. Regular ads still make money, but targeted ads make a lot more. And if they lie to YouTube and say they aren't uploading videos aimed at kids, and the AI YT has determines that it IS kids content, they will be fined, and possibly get in trouble with the FTC.
Here's a blog post about it. You can Google it and find a lot more. I can't wait to see people like Sav and Cole scrambling. I just hope the kids don't suffer from their parents losing the income that they can't replace based on skills and education.

https://vidiq.com/blog/post/ftc-youtube-kids-content/

So we just went back in time??? This is what TV dealt with. Let's hope someone gets it right. When CDs (that worked on computers) came out a certain music entity got caught collecting data on kids (they were sued and lost). Someone said to me recently talent doesn't matter...if you can steal it from someone else I guess they are right. A lot of those companies are government anyways so It doesn't make a lot of sense in the end.
"It's Easier to FOOL people than to CONVINCE them they are being FOOLED"
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Sam's parents are moving. Wonder where they're headed.
Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

Probably downsizing the house, looking to retire..... Wonder where.... Where does his sister Kristy live?
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Gladys Kravitz I wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm Probably downsizing the house, looking to retire..... Wonder where.... Where does his sister Kristy live?
Parents are off to Kentucky. I'm pretty sure Kristy lived in New York in the past but I'm not sure if her and her family still live there right now
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

His parents will be living in Kentucky near Sam's sister Lindsey. His dad is not retiring, I'm assuming he'll be working under someone rather than opening his own practice again.

(I follow Sam's mom on Instagram)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

10PumpsOfVanilla wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:31 am His parents will be living in Kentucky near Sam's sister Lindsey. His dad is not retiring, I'm assuming he'll be working under someone rather than opening his own practice again.

(I follow Sam's mom on Instagram)

Kentucky?! That seems really random. Well, I guess they don't have any kids/grandkids nearby in Chicago and they do seem to be about the retirement age. I'm guessing Sam's dad will only work PT there. I would have thought Arizona would be more ideal. Lots of retirees and Cubs spring training.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kentucky probably has a lower cost of living than Arizona, and not everyone can handle the heat in AZ
If Sam's sister lives there, I can see it. Kentucky doesn't get as hot as AZ or as cold as Chicago.

10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

I think they chose Kentucky because it's still closer and more central than their other kids and seems like more permanent, I guess. Sam and Jenn likely won't be in Arizona forever- and heat was probably a factor. New York is too far from everyone else and wherever Courtney is probably also is temporary so Kentucky is the safest, long term option!

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The vlog of Sam's parents moving was so beautifully done, and dare I say one of their best videos they put out on the channel. It had me so emotional. That right there is talent. This is a video that they will be happy to have and to look back on for a very long time. Wow, it truly left me speechless.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:01 pm The vlog of Sam's parents moving was so beautifully done, and dare I say one of their best videos they put out on the channel. It had me so emotional. That right there is talent. This is a video that they will be happy to have and to look back on for a very long time. Wow, it truly left me speechless.
Yes, it was a good video. It's nice he had so much old footage of the family gatherings there.

I was sort of surprised he threw away (or donated) so many of his childhood items, but I guess that just happens as we get older. His parents must be really downsizing.

SIdenote: I was also happy to see they got rid of the pink/mauve carpet. That was trendy when I was a kid in the 90s. The Griffith grandparents also have the same Pepto-colored carpet. It makes a house look so dated.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:40 am
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:01 pm The vlog of Sam's parents moving was so beautifully done, and dare I say one of their best videos they put out on the channel. It had me so emotional. That right there is talent. This is a video that they will be happy to have and to look back on for a very long time. Wow, it truly left me speechless.
Yes, it was a good video. It's nice he had so much old footage of the family gatherings there.

I was sort of surprised he threw away (or donated) so many of his childhood items, but I guess that just happens as we get older. His parents must be really downsizing.

SIdenote: I was also happy to see they got rid of the pink/mauve carpet. That was trendy when I was a kid in the 90s. The Griffith grandparents also have the same Pepto-colored carpet. It makes a house look so dated.
It really made me sentimental to see all of the old memories in their house- and then I saw them cleaning out his dad's dental office and I lost it again! They're onto the next phase in their lives which means leaving it all in the past, and its pretty incredible to see what they accomplished in Chicago. Anyways, I know a lot of people on here only tune into some vlogs of theirs rather than all of them- but I definitely recommend watching this one.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It was so sweet and so well done. It was sad how they were all crying at the end. But once again, his sister drove me nuts, talking about how her wedding dress was "blessing the house" simply by hanging off the loft railing. And when Sam and his dad were goofing off in the dentist office, she came in and said "Can we go?" or something equally buzz-killing.
I wonder if it was the heat that made them choose not to go to Arizona. Because Sam was saying at the beginning of the video that they should have moved to Arizona.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

One nitpicky question: why were they acting as a though they wouldn't be able to get corn in Kentucky? Is "sweet corn" a special Chicago dish? Because if I remember, living in the south, roadside stands sell amazing corn during the summer. And the signs say "sweet corn". So unless "sweet corn" has some different meaning in Chicago, they won't have to miss it. Deep dish pizza, yeah. I get that. But going on about how they are going to miss sweet corn made no sense to me.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

lmmomSD wrote:One nitpicky question: why were they acting as a though they wouldn't be able to get corn in Kentucky? Is "sweet corn" a special Chicago dish? Because if I remember, living in the south, roadside stands sell amazing corn during the summer. And the signs say "sweet corn". So unless "sweet corn" has some different meaning in Chicago, they won't have to miss it. Deep dish pizza, yeah. I get that. But going on about how they are going to miss sweet corn made no sense to me.

Maybe just an Illinois think. I’ve lived in Illinois my entire life and grew up in a town like Naperville where Sam’s parents lived and the annual sweet corn fest was a big deal. Idk if it’s different, but us Illinoisans, and all the surrounding Midwest states, love corn.

Return to “Q-Z”