Phil and Alex | Crowdfunding Our Way Through Life | Part 2

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex Crowdfunding our way through life

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Miscarriage is hard but Damn they dragged this one way too long, and I’m not saying by not taking a pill right away or d&c but the way they drug it out on film. Like really. They literally filmed step by step by step over a couple months. They did this to themselves. Not the miscarriage but the waiting to grieve. They seem so strong I’m sure they’ll get through it most Normal couples do every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

I have three children 7,6, and 4. I conceived when I wanted and with ease. I’ve wanted a fourth baby for three years and I’ve had two miscarriages trying. It hurts even when you already have kids I get that, but letting it consume you to this degree is ridiculous. I accepted long ago I may never have another child and I’m even more grateful for the children I have now. Im also adopted and have had to cut family both through blood and adoption out of my life. Biology means nothing to me and I know for a fact had I not been able to have my own children I would be happy and feel complete with adopted children. It really is sad because as an adopted child you already feel different and just want to be loved by your adoptive parents like you were their own biological child.
Schnatterinchen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Schnatterinchen »

sheisonarun wrote:
Itsmyopinionn83 wrote:Does anyone know if they are a registered non profit? I think their non profit needs to be explored. They are obviously not using the money as intended.
According to their website yes.
sweetlace wrote:Can we report them to some sort of organization????? They are technically committing fraud........
The question is where they are registered. There you can report them maybe.
Schnatterinchen
Informer
Informer

Schnatterinchen wrote:Image
Do YOU remember THAT ?

She should change it to - Do I REMEMBER THAT ???

Because we do, only SHE and her husband forgot about them ...

I can´t watch it, it brings my :love2: out of control.
Seems like they read here - title changed to: FLASHBACK: She PUKED ALL OVER me!
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

OK so "all day, every day" they are trying to get Kinsley to stop sucking her thumb. She is 2. She is comforting herself. It is important to her. Emotional health is far more important that tooth placement. You can fix the teeth, you cant fix the psyche. I had 2 strong thumb suckers that went on for years, they outgrew it in their own time. I never mentioned it. It was a non issue. I fixed the teeth later. Kinsley already has an overbite and will most likely need braces anyway. Many, many kids do these days. I don't understand trying to take away a child's comfort. It's mean and insensitive to her needs.

PS Alex, she's not going to give it up, she will learn to hide it from you. Is this what you want her to learn? Hiding who she IS from you? It's an emotional need, not an intellectual understanding.
lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

AuntieEm wrote:OK so "all day, every day" they are trying to get Kinsley to stop sucking her thumb. She is 2. She is comforting herself. It is important to her. Emotional health is far more important that tooth placement. You can fix the teeth, you cant fix the psyche. I had 2 strong thumb suckers that went on for years, they outgrew it in their own time. I never mentioned it. It was a non issue. I fixed the teeth later. Kinsley already has an overbite and will most likely need braces anyway. Many, many kids do these days. I don't understand trying to take away a child's comfort. It's mean and insensitive to her needs.

PS Alex, she's not going to give it up, she will learn to hide it from you. Is this what you want her to learn? Hiding who she IS from you? It's an emotional need, not an intellectual understanding.

Yes! I have a thumb sucker also. Sucking her thumb and holding her taggies made her so happy. No harm done. She grew out of it. Although she still likes silky fabrics. Image

PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

Schnatterinchen wrote:
Schnatterinchen wrote:Image
Do YOU remember THAT ?

Newsflash, Alex, spit up is normal

here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

PinkMoscato wrote:
Schnatterinchen wrote:
Schnatterinchen wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WJmIkSxzlvA/hqde ... JM9G2Gpy5Q[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>ytimg</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vi</span><span>/</span><span>WJmIkSxzlvA</span><span>/</span><span>hqdefault</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>?</span><span>sqp</span><span>=-</span><span>oaymwEXCNACELwBSFryq4qpAwkIARUAAIhCGAE</span><span>=&</span><span>rs</span><span>=</span><span>AOn4CLA6bmEYSz32abaRTn</span><span>-</span><span>FJM9G2Gpy5Q</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
Do YOU remember THAT ?

Newsflash, Alex, spit up is normal

It really is shocking that she is not only a RN but a RN in the neonatal intensive care unit. Her lack of understanding and knowledge related to fertility/conception and basic childhood development is alarming for someone with a background such as hers.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

CountryLove wrote:I really can't with these two anymore. They are exploiting this for popularity and money. It has nothing to with helping other people. The tweets, social post and vlog click baity titles are reeking of "woe is me! we need money!!" So disgusting... I have never know anyone in person or over the internet to act like they do... especially if it was a known fact of miscarriage. it is IMPOSSIBLE to see a yolk sac that is the size of a grain of salt or smaller during a miscarriage with blood, clots and other tissue loss and it is even more impossible to see twins that never grew Image

The bunny thing made me so mad because she is so convinced it was twins/boys when the doctor wasn't even entirely sure. They couldn't cuddle the girls???

They are irresponsible adults. They are what...30 something? No jobs, no house and 1 vehicle ? with two girls cramped in a small apartment bedroom and all they see for the future is a biological pregnancy funded by nieve followers...who does that? Grow up and realize the world and anyone in it doesn't owe you a damn thing and shame on you both for exploiting something that puts those who suffered a twin or any loss in a bad light because of your greed.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Bravo! I couldn’t have said it better.
missy777
Talker
Talker

Unread post by missy777 »

Well that’s a lovely thing to say Alex. I read this as “Kinsley and Callie are something to hold until the real deal comes along”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

missy777 wrote:Well that’s a lovely thing to say Alex. I read this as “Kinsley and Callie are something to hold until the real deal comes along”
Wow. Those poor girls

Nikier
Informer
Informer

Re: Phil and Alex

Unread post by Nikier »

Phil & Alex: Fund Me Fraud & IVF Fails
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

Phil & Alex: waiting for the real deal to come
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

Phil & Alex: Only Bio Babies Need Apply Here
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

missy777 wrote:Well that’s a lovely thing to say Alex. I read this as “Kinsley and Callie are something to hold until the real deal comes along”

Wow! She is so ungrateful.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

rd_valo wrote:
Wow. Those poor girls

I read it exactly the same way. And her actions confirm it on a daily basis. It's just so hard to actually read that she really does think about it that way. So sad for those girls.
Schnatterinchen
Informer
Informer

Phil & Alex: Go fund our life and a bio child
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Itsmyopinionn83 wrote:Does anyone know if they are a registered non profit? I think their non profit needs to be explored. They are obviously not using the money as intended.
According to their website, LM is a 501(c)(3) organization. Formerly the site said they had applied for that status, so... I tend to think they applied and were granted tax exempt status. The organization in charge of this is the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). If someone wanted to report them, only the IRS is in an oversight position, so I suppose you'd contact the IRS. But they wouldn't be required to launch an investigation or obligated to inform you of any results.

As for fraud, or misuse of funds... Obviously we all have a pretty low opinion of Phil, Alex, and their "charity." Most of us also have an idea of how a nonprofit functions, or what it should do, that seems at odds with the way P+A are using the funds they've raised. But based on the information we have, which paints a picture that's incomplete at best, it doesn't seem like we have a leg to stand on in accusing them of fraud or misconduct. They never said the LM funds would be exclusively used for financial gifts, or even provided a timeline for exactly when ANY gifts might be given. They're allowed to collect a salary. They're allowed to have "encouragement" as a mission. Basically Phil thinks he is a missionary, whose goal is to "encourage healthy families," which he believes he does through videos and social media. Instead of having his expenses paid by a church (which is what I think most people consider standard for missionaries), he is collecting money through LM, which IMO is distasteful, but it is legal.

It's possible there are irregularities regarding the way they disperse money to themselves... Although it's pretty standard to consult an attorney in the planning stages of starting a nonprofit, and even these dingbats probably did cover their asses before quitting their day jobs. Paying themselves - specifically, how to do it legally - would have been on the short list for that meeting's conversation topics. Unless they start bringing in big bucks (millions) and misappropriating it egregiously, their tax status is probably not at risk.

Ultimately what they're doing is a shitty use of donated funds... But the donors are contributing voluntarily, and haven't been explicitly mislead. Though I think P+A may be letting people believe what they want to believe, rather than explaining in detail what contributions to LM will actually be used for. People may very well feel misled in the end. I just doubt it is actionable.

Re: the thumb sucking. I'm probably outing myself as an awful person here, but I think I'd want to discourage it too. I realize little ones have the biological/emotional need to suck, and for this reason I've never been anti-paci. But it sends a cold shiver down my spine to think about Kinsley putting a dirty, soggy, wrinkled thumb back in her mouth. Ugh. Not just her - any kid, any age. When I was a kid, I was friends with a first-grader who thought her thumb-sucking was a secret, and I pretended I didn't know, but touching things after she'd held them was pretty gross (think pencils, crayons, etc). I know it's horrible, and I went into kindergarten already obsessed with dirt and germs, so I guess that just kind of is what it is. My siblings and I all had pacis, and my stepgirl sucked on the corners of her security blanket (which you can bet your ass I washed at every opportunity). I actually have been wondering when/if P+A would address the issue with their viewers, but I definitely thought they would support/defend it as a practice.
katie94
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by katie94 »

Alex's post on her instagram account for infertilty Awareness week is such bullshit! She complains so much about her infertilty, during trying to bring awareness to something.. that is so very painful to alot of their viewers and followers. Yet she is a mother and adopted twice and adopted newborns. There are so many couples who want to become a parent and it isn't possible or adoption fall through or are undergoing treatment for infertilty. I just don't get how she can actually relate to couples who have no childern. I do understand she is hurt but she has two healthy girls. I just don't see the need for having bio kids if it isn't working out. I have infertilty issues myself and it pisses me off she is trying to speak for infertilty awareness when she has childern. Being a parent NOT about blood YET Phil and her act like they are so hard done by. She needs to wake the fuck up and stop acting like spolit brat that she can't become a REAL MOM! She seems like she will only be a real mom if she gives birth.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

katie94 wrote:Alex's post on her instagram account for infertilty Awareness week is such bullshit! She complains so much about her infertilty, during trying to bring awareness to something.. that is so very painful to alot of their viewers and followers. Yet she is a mother and adopted twice and adopted newborns. There are so many couples who want to become a parent and it isn't possible or adoption fall through or are undergoing treatment for infertilty. I just don't get how she can actually relate to couples who have no childern. I do understand she is hurt but she has two healthy girls. I just don't see the need for having bio kids if it isn't working out. I have infertilty issues myself and it pisses me off she is trying to speak for infertilty awareness when she has childern. Being a parent NOT about blood YET Phil and her act like they are so hard done by. She needs to wake the fuck up and stop acting like spolit brat that she can't become a REAL MOM! She seems like she will only be a real mom if she gives birth.
you got that right!

Return to “Phil and Alex”