Off Topic Banter Part 7

FLOSSY77

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 7

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

16 hours? Just fly Lizz.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I'm driving with my parents...if my mom or I don't kill my dad it'll be a miracle.
FLOSSY77

So you pay for the rent? What will be your job?
TaylorKnows

Yeah, I'll be paying for rent. It's like $90/wk. I'll be doing "merchandise" which means any of the shops that don't sell food. And I get $9/hr. So it won't be too bad.
FLOSSY77

My daughter asked about doing this when she was older. Looking forward to hearing your experience.
TaylorKnows

Totally. If you have any questions about the application process or anything, let me know. It truly is such a great expierence from what I've heard. Disney owns a lot of stuff...so it opens doors.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

So....I have been going through a pretty rough time these past few weeks. My best friend of two years now and I are...fighting? idk if that's the right word. Basically I am in college and he's in his senior year. We have talked everyday of our friendship, up until this September. He is a huge introvert and only texts people once a week (me being the exception). He told me that talking everyday stressed him out and if we could limit it, and I said of course!
Fast forward to this month and we have hardly talked at all. I went to go see him in the Haunted House (~2 weeks ago?) that the high school put on, he seemed pretty stressed but I just thought "hey he's a senior and it's a busy night he's probably just overworked" so I sent him a huge text about how proud I am of him and how good of a job he did and how nice it was to see him again.
A week later, he texts me saying "thank you for caring so much to send that to me!" but then goes on to say it was me that stressed him out. He said that he could have overreacted but after he saw me he broke down sobbing. Why? Because "seeing me after not talking for weeks was too much" and that when he saw me he just thought about how possessive I was and how I need reassurance from him.
Just for background info, he and I have had discussions in the past about what we want/need our of each other. Two years ago he broke down after a really long night of me having a panic attack, he said that it was too hard for him to watch and that it stressed him out. So I stopped relying on him when I had panic attacks (which is only fair to him obviously). 6 months ago he said that he was tired of giving me reassurance, so I stopped and improved myself. Now that we aren't texting everyday, I will admit I have regressed in some aspects of needing reassurance because when we only text once a week instead of once a day, I tend to ask myself "hey is something up? Did I do something wrong here?"
So I haven't tried to talk to him since because I figure giving him space is the best thing to do right now. It is awful because he is my best friend, and we have always been super close (skinny dipping, talking all night, etc.) and I am so afraid I will lose him. I dont know what to do :?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I wish I could help all of you going through tough times. I really do. I wanna tell you guys it will be okay but I can't even believe that for myself and I don't want to be hypocrite. I am just a wreck. I have spent almost my whole night crying over my ex boyfriend and I haven't even heard from him in almost 2 wks. I am just not doing well at all. :(
#FreeBen
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

LizLee30 wrote:
thegooseiscooked wrote:Nah....I can't go. Maybe if Liz is in NY at the time, she could go down and hold up the Australian flag! ;)
Florida is like 16 hours from NYC. :(

It's 118$ ticket...and a 2.5 hour flight, lol.

Hahaha unless you're talking about driving?

Unread post by Guest »

whatsername_ wrote:
LizLee30 wrote:
thegooseiscooked wrote:Nah....I can't go. Maybe if Liz is in NY at the time, she could go down and hold up the Australian flag! ;)
Florida is like 16 hours from NYC. :(

It's 118$ ticket...and a 2.5 hour flight, lol.

Hahaha unless you're talking about driving?
I've been flying pretty frequently lately and it's not even 2 hrs to Newark or JFK. I'm flying up there in January just for the night for a Broadway show, lol.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

My father is fighting cancer for the 3rd time. He will have to be on chemo pills for his entire life witch have awful side effects. Last night he had to be rushed to the ER his tumor is causing a bleed & will be getting surgery today. How do you even explain death to preschooler? I swear it was his calling to be a grandfather. Better grandfather that he actually was a father. Maybe we as parents learn from the first time around? My father never smoked but will die of lung cancer. Life is short only stress over what & who is necessary. He every so often would bring my kids pancakes & myself coffee. On random weekday mornings after dropping my mom off at work. He sits at my kitchen table & reads them books. We camp with them every weekend in the summer. He plays a fairly big role in my children's lives . I fear for my mother being a widow after over 30 years of marriage. How will she care for a house? Financially do on her own? It's a strange feeling to grieve the loss of a parent before hand. I just have fear of the unknown. Cancer sucks.

All these things weighing heavy on my mind. So many people out there worse off than me. I still have so much to be thankful for. So many people I love are healthy including my children & I personally know people who can't say that. I just hope he gets to make it to my daughters Fall play at the end of this month. He's been looking forward to it. My little girls a squirrel. lol

Just venting I guess sorry if this makes no sense.
TaylorKnows

Good luck Cakey!!!!
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

I had an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday that was really important because he retires in December, I won't see a psychiatrist again until February, and I needed a form filled out for my disability case/lawyer that had to be filled out by MY psychiatrist. I had been freaking out up until this day because I was worried that the doctor wouldn't be there or that something would happen to prevent me from getting this mental health medical source statement filled out.

Well, I got to the appointment, he filled out the form for me, and I left without looking at it first.

I didn't realize that he had left a section blank and I started panicking and eventually just filled in the blank part by myself... Then just sat there staring at what I had just fucking done to myself. I had just doctored a fucking legal document. At this point, I was panicking more and decided to tell my boyfriend... Needless to say, after arguing all day long, he was furious at me and kept calling me a moron and asking what the hell is wrong with me, which I had no answer to. He then proceeded to RIP THE FORM UP so I wouldn't be tempted to send it in. I spent hours crying.

And then I spent an hour meticulously taping the document back together to try and salvage anything I could.

I made a call to my psychiatrist office and explained to them what I had done... Apparently this happens "all the time." I'm supposed to come in on Monday and bring the form he filled out before (that I taped back together and edited out what I put in) and a blank form so he can just copy down what he had before and fill in the blanks. Then he will bring the form out to me and I can go home. Supposedly. I'm super worried it won't go down like that, but I have to think positively.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not the only dumbass... Because the nurse on the phone said they would have thrown out my doctor's opinion since he didn't finish filling it out anyways.

I just honestly can't believe I did that. I've been working at getting disability for 2+ years... The psychiatrist helped me so much on that form.. You guys don't even know (the disability case that is for gastroparesis/IBS, borderline personality disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and bipolar II). To screw it up now over something so stupid, I would never forgive myself..

(Oh and the nurse wasn't very fucking helpful. He just kept telling me I need to be calm and I'm making this some huge thing when it's not and I need to quit panicking and bring the paper in. I KNOW I'M PANICKING!! That's what got me here in the first place!!)

(NO, I'm not sending in a doctored document. I'm going on on Monday to hopefully get it refilled out fully this time.)

Sorry.. Just needed to vent. :'(
FLOSSY77

Autumn, I am so sorry. That was very touching.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Tomorrow is the day ladies! Wish me luck for my time of the month! Let's pray it comes!!! I've been waiting for this day.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

AnonymousSource wrote:I had an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday that was really important because he retires in December, I won't see a psychiatrist again until February, and I needed a form filled out for my disability case/lawyer that had to be filled out by MY psychiatrist. I had been freaking out up until this day because I was worried that the doctor wouldn't be there or that something would happen to prevent me from getting this mental health medical source statement filled out.

Well, I got to the appointment, he filled out the form for me, and I left without looking at it first.

I didn't realize that he had left a section blank and I started panicking and eventually just filled in the blank part by myself... Then just sat there staring at what I had just fucking done to myself. I had just doctored a fucking legal document. At this point, I was panicking more and decided to tell my boyfriend... Needless to say, after arguing all day long, he was furious at me and kept calling me a moron and asking what the hell is wrong with me, which I had no answer to. He then proceeded to RIP THE FORM UP so I wouldn't be tempted to send it in. I spent hours crying.

And then I spent an hour meticulously taping the document back together to try and salvage anything I could.

I made a call to my psychiatrist office and explained to them what I had done... Apparently this happens "all the time." I'm supposed to come in on Monday and bring the form he filled out before (that I taped back together and edited out what I put in) and a blank form so he can just copy down what he had before and fill in the blanks. Then he will bring the form out to me and I can go home. Supposedly. I'm super worried it won't go down like that, but I have to think positively.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not the only dumbass... Because the nurse on the phone said they would have thrown out my doctor's opinion since he didn't finish filling it out anyways.

I just honestly can't believe I did that. I've been working at getting disability for 2+ years... The psychiatrist helped me so much on that form.. You guys don't even know (the disability case that is for gastroparesis/IBS, borderline personality disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and bipolar II). To screw it up now over something so stupid, I would never forgive myself..

(Oh and the nurse wasn't very fucking helpful. He just kept telling me I need to be calm and I'm making this some huge thing when it's not and I need to quit panicking and bring the paper in. I KNOW I'M PANICKING!! That's what got me here in the first place!!)

(NO, I'm not sending in a doctored document. I'm going on on Monday to hopefully get it refilled out fully this time.)

Why didn't you just tell them you had lost the form?
TaylorKnows

Your boyfriend called you a moron? What the fuck?
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

subject99 wrote:Tomorrow is the day ladies! Wish me luck for my time of the month! Let's pray it comes!!! I've been waiting for this day.
I do wish you luck subject. An unwanted pregnancy is just about the last thing you need right now. "Let the blood run free" (that used to be a very crappy comedy show in Australia about a hospital but the name seemed appropriate).
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

thegooseiscooked wrote:
AnonymousSource wrote:I had an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday that was really important because he retires in December, I won't see a psychiatrist again until February, and I needed a form filled out for my disability case/lawyer that had to be filled out by MY psychiatrist. I had been freaking out up until this day because I was worried that the doctor wouldn't be there or that something would happen to prevent me from getting this mental health medical source statement filled out.

Why didn't you just tell them you had lost the form?
I'm really bad under stress and a fucking awful liar. So I just told the truth.

And I kinda was a moron... I doctored a legal document. I literally could've gone to jail for that. :x
TaylorKnows

And that makes what he did okay? Right...

Return to “Off Topic Archive”