8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I just had a thought as to why Ruby may treat Julie so horribly.

I remember in one of the vlogs, Ruby says that Julie is the "model of the family" and has the best looks and what not. Maybe Ruby is harboring some resentment/jealousy toward Julie for being the "model of the family" while Ruby was a self proclaimed ugly duckling and very awkward growing up. Ruby even said she didn't start to feel beautiful until she started vlogging and people would tell her that in the comments???

I think Ruby's insecurity plays a huge role in the way she treats Julie, whether she realizes it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I just had a thought as to why Ruby may treat Julie so horribly.

I remember in one of the vlogs, Ruby says that Julie is the "model of the family" and has the best looks and what not. Maybe Ruby is harboring some resentment/jealousy toward Julie for being the "model of the family" while Ruby was a self proclaimed ugly duckling and very awkward growing up. Ruby even said she didn't start to feel beautiful until she started vlogging and people would tell her that in the comments???

I think Ruby's insecurity plays a huge role in the way she treats Julie, whether she realizes it or not.

Really?? In my eyes julie is the "ugly duckling" of the family. I hate to even say that because i think she is a sweet girl. But she is definitely not the model of the family LOL i think abby is the cutest of them all.

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

She said that about Julie? That's so weird. I don't agree with that at all.Julie is pretty but Abby is gorgeous with those eyelashes and Shari is really pretty too. What a weird statement for her to make. I hope the kids weren't present to hear her say that? Those are the labels in childhood that can have lasting effects in to adulthood. What does that tell Abby for example. I think comparing of siblings in front of them is a HUGE mistake. No matter what someone ends up feeling like they got the short end of the stick. Besides beauty is subjective and really if you think about it a pretty useless thing to compliment a child on. I'd rather focus on my kids inner qualities that they actually have control over and can hone in on and develop. Even then it's touchy when you start comparing siblings in my opinion. We all have strengths and weaknesses. Is it me or is there an EXCESSIVE amount of focus on outward appearance amoung the whole Griffith clan. The sisters get together and practically scan each other and start commenting immediately on what they see.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

jaynshann wrote:She said that about Julie? That's so weird. I don't agree with that at all.Julie is pretty but Abby is gorgeous with those eyelashes and Shari is really pretty too. What a weird statement for her to make. I hope the kids weren't present to hear her say that? Those are the labels in childhood that can have lasting effects in to adulthood. What does that tell Abby for example. I think comparing of siblings in front of them is a HUGE mistake. No matter what someone ends up feeling like they got the short end of the stick. Besides beauty is subjective and really if you think about it a pretty useless thing to compliment a child on. I'd rather focus on my kids inner qualities that they actually have control over and can hone in on and develop. Even then it's touchy when you start comparing siblings in my opinion. We all have strengths and weaknesses. Is it me or is there an EXCESSIVE amount of focus on outward appearance amoung the whole Griffith clan. The sisters get together and practically scan each other and start commenting immediately on what they see.

She said it in the context of her kids modeling their back to school clothes. They did a little fashion show and all the kids were being uncooperative or goofing around except for Julie who walked towards the camera, posed and twirled around. She really did seem like a natural model. In that context I think that calling her the model of the family was completely appropriate and did not offend any of the children.
mountaingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mountaingirl »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I just had a thought as to why Ruby may treat Julie so horribly.

i agree julie is the prettiest, shari is just plain looking, not blonde, not brown hair, medium plain jane..
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

sasperillo wrote:
jaynshann wrote:She said that about Julie? That's so weird. I don't agree with that at all.Julie is pretty but Abby is gorgeous with those eyelashes and Shari is really pretty too. What a weird statement for her to make. I hope the kids weren't present to hear her say that? Those are the labels in childhood that can have lasting effects in to adulthood. What does that tell Abby for example. I think comparing of siblings in front of them is a HUGE mistake. No matter what someone ends up feeling like they got the short end of the stick. Besides beauty is subjective and really if you think about it a pretty useless thing to compliment a child on. I'd rather focus on my kids inner qualities that they actually have control over and can hone in on and develop. Even then it's touchy when you start comparing siblings in my opinion. We all have strengths and weaknesses. Is it me or is there an EXCESSIVE amount of focus on outward appearance amoung the whole Griffith clan. The sisters get together and practically scan each other and start commenting immediately on what they see.

She said it in the context of her kids modeling their back to school clothes. They did a little fashion show and all the kids were being uncooperative or goofing around except for Julie who walked towards the camera, posed and twirled around. She really did seem like a natural model. In that context I think that calling her the model of the family was completely appropriate and did not offend any of the children.
Oh got it okay. That is different than what l thought. Image

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

All of Ruby's children are good-looking kids.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Sherri and Eve have huge heads. They are ginormous, it makes them look awkward.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

All of them have flaws but I think most would agree that they are an attractive family, all 8 of them.
ohnogurl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohnogurl »

I feel so bad for Naleigh (is that even how you spell it?) with the way Ruby was talking in todays video. I got so mad when she said "You are one expensive dog!" when mentioning how Naleigh has had to have many surgeries. This woman is horrible. Ruby most likely wanted to prove how much she cares for Naleigh, but I have a feeling she might be considering putting Naleigh down...
Maad_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Maad_ »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote: I remember in one of the vlogs, Ruby says that Julie is the "model of the family" and has the best looks and what not. Maybe Ruby is harboring some resentment/jealousy toward Julie for being the "model of the family"

I got the impression that Ruby was mostly referring to Julie's height.

Anyways - I think that Julie and Abby are both really pretty:) Shari is just average looking. And Eve is still a baby (they are usually cute with those big eyes etc).

I always want to hug their dog when she appears on the screen <3 Such a forgotten dog, you can feel it...
Thewatcherinthenorth
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Thewatcherinthenorth »

Where the heck are julies bedsheets? From when they got the matress until the end of the latest vlog with ruby reading the bedtime story, the bed has been sheetless
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Ruby on Instagram:
8passengers Flu shots deserve a treat. I'm nervous. Every time I get a flu shot I end up being sick all winter. The years I skip my shot are the years I don't get sick. Did you get a flu shot this year?
And then all the comments of people who don't do them saying they are full of crap and it's just for the money, and how they feel better without, families with 4 kids who don't to vaccines.
Stupid attracts stupid.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Vincere wrote:Ruby on Instagram:
8passengers Flu shots deserve a treat. I'm nervous. Every time I get a flu shot I end up being sick all winter. The years I skip my shot are the years I don't get sick. Did you get a flu shot this year?
And then all the comments of people who don't do them saying they are full of crap and it's just for the money, and how they feel better without, families with 4 kids who don't to vaccines.
Stupid attracts stupid.
Ugh, blatantly courting the anti-vaxxers. Gross.
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

Vincere wrote:Ruby on Instagram:
Stupid attracts stupid.
To be fair, recommendations do vary from country to country. And from what we see in the vlogs (unless i missed something) none of them would be in my countrys risk group where it is strongly recommended to get (published by the "permanent vaccination commission"). Flu shots arent really a thing here unless you are in one of the risk groups (medical staff, medical condition,..) so i get comments against the flu shot. Against vaccines in general, obviously not.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Sherri and Eve have huge heads. They are ginormous, it makes them look awkward.
Yes! I've always thought they had a strangreat look with the large heads and short limbs and long torso. Thought I was the only one to notice.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

Kjr123 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Sherri and Eve have huge heads. They are ginormous, it makes them look awkward.
Yes! I've always thought they had a strangreat look with the large heads and short limbs and long torso. Thought I was the only one to notice.
No, I've noticed it too haha

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
ohnogurl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohnogurl »

I usually stick up for Shari but she was just being a complete brat to Julie in the vlog from today. Also, that doctor gives me a weird vibe.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Omg when Ruby had to "act out" the beginning of her "scene" again when she said the wrong kids name at the doctors office. She take vlogging scarily seriously- she has always been an over achiever, I think vlogging was the the first thing in a long time that has satisfied her over achiever A+ personality- having deadlines, brainstorming, creating and so on. I don't blame her for feeling like having a "job" makes her happier- when I went back to work after a year maternity leave I felt so much better about myself and less depressed (not for everyone but I just have that personality). But I feel like she became obsessed - with that comment about how if she doesn't getting her vlogging done in the morning she feels sick to her stomach and how she fears the kids won't "perform" for the vlog.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Shari is entering those awful teenage years where they are just brats and everyone is wrong while they are always right. She needs parenting! My mom would have sent me straight to my room with a smack on the mouth if I ever talked to her the way Shari talks to Ruby. Maybe it's rebelling against Ruby, but she has been increasingly more rude and bratty the last couple vlogs. Not cute.

I get we have all been there, but none of our moms broadcasted it to the entire world.

Return to “8 Passengers”