JesssFam: Nip, Tuck & Blowin' Bucks (Part 117)

Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Nip, Tuck & Blowin' Bucks (Part 117)

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

The whole "chore" and earning time on the iPad thing is just a big joke, much like EVERYTHING else Jess says... it'll never last!! Before the summer break she said the kids were gonna stay in a routine and not go to bed late and get up early.....now they're crashing out at 11/12 and getting up at 10:30am. They're gonna have a hell of a shock when they go back to school!!!
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

Sparklingdee wrote:The whole "chore" and earning time on the iPad thing is just a big joke, much like EVERYTHING else Jess says... it'll never last!! Before the summer break she said the kids were gonna stay in a routine and not go to bed late and get up early.....now they're crashing out at 11/12 and getting up at 10:30am. They're gonna have a hell of a shock when they go back to school!!!
I honestly don’t even know how she does it. I tried to let me kids stay up a little late (like 9:00) a couple of times for things because “it’s summer” and they were monsters by 8:30 and still woke up at 6 the next day! I always think of Jess having older kids because of their schedule, but then I realize my daughter is the same age as the twins and I feel so bad for them!

Those poor kids probably have no idea how to self-regulate. The first few weeks of school are going to be awful for them.
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

I just thought, I wonder if she makes lilia earn time on her iPod that has the games on it too. Probably not.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
boymom3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boymom3 »

hopelesslysoulful wrote:
nineteenninety3 wrote:Wonder if her royal Highness princess Lilia will have to touch the lawnmower.

You know she won’t. She’ll have a basic chore like making her bed or something easy and she will complain until Jess makes one of the boys do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think she will have any she stated it's for screen or pretty much fortnite play and she made it clear Lilia isn't into it. So I don't think she will have to do any all on the boyd if they wanna okay fortnite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
boymom3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boymom3 »

lagenialester wrote:
Sparklingdee wrote:The whole "chore" and earning time on the iPad thing is just a big joke, much like EVERYTHING else Jess says... it'll never last!! Before the summer break she said the kids were gonna stay in a routine and not go to bed late and get up early.....now they're crashing out at 11/12 and getting up at 10:30am. They're gonna have a hell of a shock when they go back to school!!!
I honestly don’t even know how she does it. I tried to let me kids stay up a little late (like 9:00) a couple of times for things because “it’s summer” and they were monsters by 8:30 and still woke up at 6 the next day! I always think of Jess having older kids because of their schedule, but then I realize my daughter is the same age as the twins and I feel so bad for them!

Those poor kids probably have no idea how to self-regulate. The first few weeks of school are going to be awful for them.
We have 5 kids and I agree. We have yo keep structure and a schdule otherwise kids are crazy and we are at our witts in. Sure I'd love to sleep in. But I'm up dressed bed made and laundry going BEFORE the kids then I wake them and they get dressed make their beds while I cook breakfast, unload the dish washer. Then they each put their dish in the dish washer. Wash their hands brush their teeth and outside yo play while I clean the kitchen and front room back up...It's way after noon before any screen time and it's limited to 2 hours a day after dinner we take the dogs for a walk do baths and relax and in bed by 9 st the latest. I'm a SAHM so idk how Jess does it I would lose my mind if our house was ran like her. But to each their own I guess

nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

boymom3 wrote:
hopelesslysoulful wrote:
nineteenninety3 wrote:Wonder if her royal Highness princess Lilia will have to touch the lawnmower.

You know she won’t. She’ll have a basic chore like making her bed or something easy and she will complain until Jess makes one of the boys do it

I don't think she will have any she stated it's for screen or pretty much fortnite play and she made it clear Lilia isn't into it. So I don't think she will have to do any all on the boyd if they wanna okay fortnite.

Lilias iPod has games and apps on it(she posted before about musically or something) so that's screen time too. Same rules for all, except not because it's the same but different

Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

Agreed the game doesn’t matter it’s the same thing , my sons have different consoles one is wii u the other Xbox one , there is no difference it’s all screen time ,
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

blipbloop wrote:
hopelesslysoulful wrote:I’m not a parent, so I don’t really know the appropriate protocol in today’s society. But when you have a picky eater, isn’t there a point in time where you should just make your kid eat some veggies and healthy food? I used to be a picky eater as a kid and my parents wouldn’t let me leave the table until I finished dinner (where I would have to eat the veggies is despised).

I have a toddler so it’s a little different but she has her periods of very picky eating. We do all the tricks of sneaking veggies in sauces, smoothies, pasta, etc. We offer a vegetable or a fruit with every meal, but we don’t force her to eat it as per the recommendation of everyone we’ve talked to about it. We simply don’t really offer junk food as filler. She’ll get a cookie or something junky once in awhile (she’s in a wedding today, for example, and getting chicken tenders and fries, which is the kids meal), but it’s really not the norm. I think it’s so much more important to simply not offer junk as anything more than a special treat to be consumed in moderation than to force feed, which is only likely to make her hate vegetables and resent us.

Definitely nothing against your parents or anyone else - getting kids to eat stuff that’s good for them is HARD, just also trying to highlight that it’s really not that difficult to avoid giving kids junk food like 90% of the time. And I’m totally a parent that thinks that junk food has its place - just not in the way that Jess seems to rely on it.

My sister in law is trying to get my niece to eat better. She refused to try her French dip last night so my SIL took away the fries. The sandwich sat on the table all evening, my niece watched us eat our dessert. SIL took the sandwhich home with her, my niece finally ate it at 11am. It took 17 hours of tantrums, time outs, and crying for a 2 year old to take a bite of meat off from a sandwhich. 1 bite. SIL just wanted her to take 1 bite and then said she would make her a pb&j but my niece refused. She’s 2.5 and kept trying to tell on her Mom to everyone.
boymom3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boymom3 »

Lolislol26 wrote:
blipbloop wrote:
hopelesslysoulful wrote:I’m not a parent, so I don’t really know the appropriate protocol in today’s society. But when you have a picky eater, isn’t there a point in time where you should just make your kid eat some veggies and healthy food? I used to be a picky eater as a kid and my parents wouldn’t let me leave the table until I finished dinner (where I would have to eat the veggies is despised).

I have a toddler so it’s a little different but she has her periods of very picky eating. We do all the tricks of sneaking veggies in sauces, smoothies, pasta, etc. We offer a vegetable or a fruit with every meal, but we don’t force her to eat it as per the recommendation of everyone we’ve talked to about it. We simply don’t really offer junk food as filler. She’ll get a cookie or something junky once in awhile (she’s in a wedding today, for example, and getting chicken tenders and fries, which is the kids meal), but it’s really not the norm. I think it’s so much more important to simply not offer junk as anything more than a special treat to be consumed in moderation than to force feed, which is only likely to make her hate vegetables and resent us.

Definitely nothing against your parents or anyone else - getting kids to eat stuff that’s good for them is HARD, just also trying to highlight that it’s really not that difficult to avoid giving kids junk food like 90% of the time. And I’m totally a parent that thinks that junk food has its place - just not in the way that Jess seems to rely on it.

My sister in law is trying to get my niece to eat better. She refused to try her French dip last night so my SIL took away the fries. The sandwich sat on the table all evening, my niece watched us eat our dessert. SIL took the sandwhich home with her, my niece finally ate it at 11am. It took 17 hours of tantrums, time outs, and crying for a 2 year old to take a bite of meat off from a sandwhich. 1 bite. SIL just wanted her to take 1 bite and then said she would make her a pb&j but my niece refused. She’s 2.5 and kept trying to tell on her Mom to everyone.
Did she not eat for 17 hours?

Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

I’m the mum that cooks dinner and I try not to cook anything that my family REALLY hates , I try to be accommodating to a point ,
I never make an issue if it isn’t eaten I just clear away , but I don’t offer anything else , it’s not a restaurant,
If a child is hungry I’ll give them a small
snack before bed like banana slices or some cheese crackers , many act up at the table for attention and it makes an issue of food , in my home if you don’t want it that’s fine , they eat a hearty breakfast hahahaha .
kalakala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kalakala »

Lolislol26 wrote:
blipbloop wrote:

That is utterly ridiculous
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

The kids eating habits won't be changed overnight it took years and years and thousands of take-out meals to get them where they are it would take a lot of work to change that around. The biggest thing would be getting Jess and Chris off their own picky eating.
itslove
Informer
Informer

Unread post by itslove »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 5e00b9.png[/img]

Let’s all smile and take Instagram videos while the toddler smears lipstick all over herself Image

Heyyhoe
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Heyyhoe »

itslove wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 5e00b9.png[/img]

Let’s all smile and take Instagram videos while the toddler smears lipstick all over herself Image

Y’all might drag me but am I the only one who hates lilias teeth. When are they suppose to come in or what lol.

boymom3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boymom3 »

itslove wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 5e00b9.png[/img]

I thought it was kinda cute. But my little one puts makeup on every morning when I do mine

blyss680
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by blyss680 »

It is cute and something so many little ones do. Nothing wrong with it at all!
cardboardbox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cardboardbox »

Sorry it this was already asked, but how did Jess and Chris fit 4 kids in the truck when they went to Nevada with the trailer?? I'm guessing one sat up front?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
cardboardbox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cardboardbox »

Sorry if this was already asked, but how did Jess and Chris fit 4 kids in the truck when they went to Nevada with the trailer?? I'm guessing one sat up front?

boymom3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boymom3 »

cardboardbox wrote:Sorry if this was already asked, but how did Jess and Chris fit 4 kids in the truck when they went to Nevada with the trailer?? I'm guessing one sat up front?

His truck seats 6. 3 up front 3 in the back it look like kyson was in the front in the middle

Brook1888
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Brook1888 »

Lolislol26 wrote:
blipbloop wrote:

Such a confusing story.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Return to “JesssFam”