Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Jessica.Amber
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by Jessica.Amber »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:Say... You met him after a dark time in your life that he helped you through. :)

That really sucks about your ex, but hey, you got yourself a golden nugget of a man. :) Rare to find someone like that!
Lol thank you... I definitely hit the jackpot with my lover! I really like that "story". I think it's the winner! :D
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Jessica.Amber wrote:
astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:Say... You met him after a dark time in your life that he helped you through. :)

That really sucks about your ex, but hey, you got yourself a golden nugget of a man. :) Rare to find someone like that!
Lol thank you... I definitely hit the jackpot with my lover! I really like that "story". I think it's the winner! :D

You did! You guys look like a very sweet couple. Are y'all engaged yet? Or do you still have the I Love You rings?
I awed out loud when I read that part :) lol
Jessica.Amber
Talker
Talker

Aw thank you! No, not engaged. We want to live together for a while first. I firmly believe that you need to live together before you truly know each other and are ready to get engaged. I don't want a long engagement, so I'll be planning the wedding shortly after he pops the question. I'm not ready for all that just yet.

Plus his ring keeps women off him at work... he's a bank manager so he sort of has to flirt and be really friendly with clients and potential clients. He often wanders around the local businesses trying to get people to open accounts or sign loans. He gets hit on all the time... the ring has been a pretty good deterrent lol.

Apartments and homes around here are ridiculously expensive! A small one bedroom/one bath is about $1400-1600, so I'm hoping to be moved in by Dec 1st... that's a pretty realistic goal.

What about you? Are you and your fiancé getting married soon or having a long engagement?
Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Littlewaltz »

Awkward meetings are awkward...I am with someone now who I am pretty confident is the "one". He is amazing and I have never felt anything like it before. But....it's long distance (facepalm). I have known him for 8 or so years but fell out of touch during uni, we were both going through med school and just...stopped talking. A few months ago we ended up bumping into each other again and have been inseparable (emotionally and mentally) ever since. It is awkward to explain to people how we met but we don't really care. You met and that is all that matters.

@Ashleigh I feel your pain girl. I was engaged and did the whole dress thing and there wasn't a single trip that I didn't leave bawling my eyes out. I am barely 4'9 and hovering around 70lbs and NO dress looked good on me, not a single style suited me. I tried on over 100 dresses and they never fit me, never sat on my body properly, even then they would pin them to my height it just looked horrible. I ended up finding as someone said earlier, a student and she made me the most amazing dress I had ever seen. It was tailored to me from the get go...I didn't have to stand there and look at myself drowning in meters of fabric. It suited my body perfectly, didn't look awkward or disproportionate at all. I would suggest ditching the boutiques and looking elsewhere. There are some really talented eager people out there.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am and my attitude depends on who you are.

Jessica.Amber
Talker
Talker

Oh, and @astoldbyashleigh_ I just went back and read the older posts on here, and I think that answered my question lol. By the way, I love the style you chose for your wedding. And try not to worry about the size... it's the way you look in the dress that matters, not the number on the tag! Best of luck finding the perfect one!

ETA: What about having a long dress tailored to be short? I think there are more long dresses than shorter ones to choose from and you could make it the perfect length... not sure what it would cost to do that, I've never even tried on a wedding dress as I'm not engaged, but it's an idea.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Littlewaltz wrote:Awkward meetings are awkward...I am with someone now who I am pretty confident is the "one". He is amazing and I have never felt anything like it before. But....it's long distance (facepalm). I have known him for 8 or so years but fell out of touch during uni, we were both going through med school and just...stopped talking. A few months ago we ended up bumping into each other again and have been inseparable (emotionally and mentally) ever since. It is awkward to explain to people how we met but we don't really care. You met and that is all that matters.

@Ashleigh I feel your pain girl. I was engaged and did the whole dress thing and there wasn't a single trip that I didn't leave bawling my eyes out. I am barely 4'9 and hovering around 70lbs and NO dress looked good on me, not a single style suited me. I tried on over 100 dresses and they never fit me, never sat on my body properly, even then they would pin them to my height it just looked horrible. I ended up finding as someone said earlier, a student and she made me the most amazing dress I had ever seen. It was tailored to me from the get go...I didn't have to stand there and look at myself drowning in meters of fabric. It suited my body perfectly, didn't look awkward or disproportionate at all. I would suggest ditching the boutiques and looking elsewhere. There are some really talented eager people out there.
Mine is awkward too :(. So the father of my children and I haventt been together for a year and 8 months. If people remember I was in talks of getting into a relationship with my high-school ex-bf buuut that soon went to shits. He got extremely busy at work and we never actually got to meet up and have a date. Soooo my friend for awhile kept pushing to try online dating website. Soooo I caved. I met the most. Amazing guy evvveer! Shortly after we meet/meet-up he has to move to Arizona :( but we skype and text or e-maill. Like you we are mentally and emotionally inseperable. I'm going down in december so see him for his birthday. Then before he deploys he may meet me in Disney or just fly up to my city. Where ever I am before he leaves for 9 months. Once he gets back then we will be in talks of taking it more serious as me moving in with him. Buuut at the same time this all could change for the worst or better. I'm hoping for better. But we are just taking one day at a time :). I'm glad I met him. Because the feelings I have for him I've never had for anyone. Not even the father of my children. Sad to say but I never wanted or seen myself marrying the father of my children.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Jessica.Amber wrote:So ladies, I didn't really know where to post this.... I need some advice. Recently, my bf and I have been meeting a lot of new people and when they ask us how we met, we don't really know what to say. It wasn't really a romantic story... quite awkward, honestly. Here's our story from another thread...
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 31#p464631

What would you tell people if you were me?
Save the real story for people you are comfortable with. Just leave some things out for new people. Till you feel comfortable. Nothing wrong with your story. Some of the best romantic stories are complicated. You have a good love story. <3
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

So I'm not going to tell anyone this in real life, but I sort of want a baby in the near future. Not really soon, but a year and a half to two years. Last Saturday, my husband and I got to play with a cute baby for a few minutes, and he told me that he sees me as a "future mommy". Then all of a sudden I really wanted one.

Another thing, I hate my job and want to quit so badly. I am planning on taking a year of maternity leave (and since that doesn't exist in the US, quitting and then finding a new job after a year). I have a pretty substantial savings account, and with a few thousand dollars more it would tide me over for a year. I wish I could quit my job now and just have a baby, but it's not financially possible.

We're planning on moving across the country in exactly a year. My parents just bought a house in the same state we're going to move to (part of the reason we really want to move there), and they're moving there in February or March. We're going to put our house up for sale in March and live in their house until August or September of next year. If everything works out right, that would be at least three or four months of having no mortgage and no electricity/cable bills. I wish I could just have a baby sometime during that time. LOL. But there's no way I'm driving a newborn AND all our stuff AND our dog across the country.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

fossilfinger wrote:So I'm not going to tell anyone this in real life, but I sort of want a baby in the near future. Not really soon, but a year and a half to two years. Last Saturday, my husband and I got to play with a cute baby for a few minutes, and he told me that he sees me as a "future mommy". Then all of a sudden I really wanted one.

Another thing, I hate my job and want to quit so badly. I am planning on taking a year of maternity leave (and since that doesn't exist in the US, quitting and then finding a new job after a year). I have a pretty substantial savings account, and with a few thousand dollars more it would tide me over for a year. I wish I could quit my job now and just have a baby, but it's not financially possible.

We're planning on moving across the country in exactly a year. My parents just bought a house in the same state we're going to move to (part of the reason we really want to move there), and they're moving there in February or March. We're going to put our house up for sale in March and live in their house until August or September of next year. If everything works out right, that would be at least three or four months of having no mortgage and no electricity/cable bills. I wish I could just have a baby sometime during that time. LOL. But there's no way I'm driving a newborn AND all our stuff AND our dog across the country.
Do it! :D

Unread post by Guest »

I got the craft itch again tonight and just spent a few hours making these. I cropped my shop's name out, but one person on here knows where to find them! ;)
Ugh, the first one is too big :(
here's the link http://i.imgur.com/EydnIbE.jpg
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

They're so pretty @ORN !! Does it take long to make them?
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
whatsername_

*secretly plans to buy them whenever they go up on Orn's shop*
Kierstenalexis
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kierstenalexis »

Those headbands are adorable! I wish I was crafty lol

Unread post by Guest »

They are garters initially but can be a headband for a baby for like a photoprop. It takes about 20 minutes or so for each flower to be rolled from ribbon and fabric flowers are even quicker. I use a lot of hand stitches and matching threads and threading needles in and out is what is time consuming.
whatsername_

OhReallyNow wrote:They are garters initially but can be a headband for a baby for like a photoprop. It takes about 20 minutes or so for each flower to be rolled from ribbon and fabric flowers are even quicker. I use a lot of hand stitches and matching threads and threading needles in and out is what is time consuming.

Can you do bouquets? I'm trying to find someone to do a few bouquets for my wedding out of fabric flowers and most people charge over 100$ for like, a 4 flower bouquet on etsy.

If you can do it, how much would you charge?

Unread post by Guest »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
OhReallyNow wrote:They are garters initially but can be a headband for a baby for like a photoprop. It takes about 20 minutes or so for each flower to be rolled from ribbon and fabric flowers are even quicker. I use a lot of hand stitches and matching threads and threading needles in and out is what is time consuming.

Can you do bouquets? I'm trying to find someone to do a few bouquets for my wedding out of fabric flowers and most people charge over 100$ for like, a 4 flower bouquet on etsy.

If you can do it, how much would you charge?
Send me a PM and send a link to something you like. I don't want to self promote on here, so I will only mention it to you since we talked about this before I posted pictures of them! I don't want anyone else knowing my shop name on here haha
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread post by Guest »

I've made a brooch bouquet but that was a few hundred. That sucker alone cost about $150 just in supply alone, haha.
Boorads
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Boorads »

I think I maybe getting old. I had to look up the definition for twerking...and I must say, if my son if ever caught
"twerking" he will be grounded for a month. LMAO

Unread post by Guest »

I made a joke the other day on twitter that went viral lol

"I have been trying to come up with a Miley Cyrus joke, but it's not twerking."
Boorads
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Boorads »

OhReallyNow wrote:I made a joke the other day on twitter that went viral lol

"I have been trying to come up with a Miley Cyrus joke, but it's not twerking."

LOL I am surprised that is the first tweet you made that went viral haha. Too funny.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”