Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

ewokfan11 wrote:So raising June "gender neutral" didn't even last 5 months. Ears pierced, nail polish, tutus, dressing up as a Disney princess, etc....

Personally, I don't care, but they made such a BIG deal about it and they basically immediately caved to pink, pierced and sparkly! When they move to SoCal it's all over. Missy will be dressing her like the daughter SHE always wanted.
Minus the pierced ears does it really matter? She's a baby with no preference so you can dress them however to suit your style. It's not till kids get older that they start showing preferences. I don't watch because I can't stand them at all. The most I've seen of them is in The bumps latest vlogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:So raising June "gender neutral" didn't even last 5 months. Ears pierced, nail polish, tutus, dressing up as a Disney princess, etc....

Personally, I don't care, but they made such a BIG deal about it and they basically immediately caved to pink, pierced and sparkly! When they move to SoCal it's all over. Missy will be dressing her like the daughter SHE always wanted.
Minus the pierced ears does it really matter? She's a baby with no preference so you can dress them however to suit your style. It's not till kids get older that they start showing preferences. I don't watch because I can't stand them at all. The most I've seen of them is in The bumps latest vlogs.

I don't think it matters in general. If I ever have a baby girl I plan to dress her in girly clothes and she'll probably have a pretty girl nursery. I think the only reason it matter in their case is because they were assholes about keeping everything "gender neutral." She's not even 6 months old yet and they've done a complete 180 on this kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

*pretty girly nursery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

It's just another example of them being hypocritical posers.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Yeah i dont think any of us care if they dress June in girly clothes or gender neutral stuff. Its just the fact that they were so Holier than thou with the attitude, just like they were with the car, and with the apt. and just about everything else they get all preachy about.. and then they turn around and dress her like a typical baby girl. If they want to dress her in bows and tutus then more power to them, but don't act all sanctimommy about it then not 4 months later go back on your views.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yep. Dress her in pink sparkles from head to toe. I don't care. But they were SO obnoxious when planning the nursery, and saying that she was only going to wear gender neutral colors and how they were going to have a gender neutral nursery. And now, she's barely six months old, and she's all pink and princessy and "girly".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

They do this stuff all the time, too! Kelsey with her sanctimommy natural birth stuff was a prime example. She was so uppity about it and was so rude to ppl telling her to go into birth with an open mind because you never know what is going to happen.

This is their trend. They can't stick to anything they say, and they are so rude about it! I don't care that she took pain medicine, and I dont care if she dresses June in pink glitter. It is the snotty attitude she has about it. Ugh... I dislike them soooo much!!!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Exactly! It's that they are SOOOOOO rude to even entertain any suggestions in the comments - and even block people they deem "mean" or "trolls" - then turn around and do EXACTLY the opposite. EVERYTHING! Including: the apartment being too small, getting a car, never taking public transit, not liking living in Portland, birth plan, ignoring the tongue tie, neutral on gender, etc. They are just SO FAKE!

Am I the only one who thinks they should have just named her June?? Juniper is a stupid name and no one ever calls her that - and most likely never will!! I would hate to have basically TWO first names and always having to correct people or worry about legal documents. I would be OK if it were a nickname, like Jenny (for Jennifer) or Ally (for Allison), but June is a REAL first name and not usually nickname.

I'd be pissed if my name was Juniper! (And I'm WAY more of an Oregonian than any of them)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:Exactly! It's that they are SOOOOOO rude to even entertain any suggestions in the comments - and even block people they deem "mean" or "trolls" - then turn around and do EXACTLY the opposite. EVERYTHING! Including: the apartment being too small, getting a car, never taking public transit, not liking living in Portland, birth plan, ignoring the tongue tie, neutral on gender, etc. They are just SO FAKE!

Am I the only one who thinks they should have just named her June?? Juniper is a stupid name and no one ever calls her that - and most likely never will!! I would hate to have basically TWO first names and always having to correct people or worry about legal documents. I would be OK if it were a nickname, like Jenny (for Jennifer) or Ally (for Allison), but June is a REAL first name and not usually nickname.

I'd be pissed if my name was Juniper! (And I'm WAY more of an Oregonian than any of them)
Personal, but kinda funny. My mom's real name was Sally. But my uncle, her older brother was John, and they called him Jack. Someone said that since they had Jack, they had to have a Jill. So, they started calling my mom "Jill" even though her legal name was Sally. I always knew that if someone called and asked for "Sally", that they didn't know her. June is going to have the same issue. Anyone who doesn't know her, will call and ask for Juniper.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think one or both of them started disliking the name Juniper but they didn't want to back track after the name reveal. So they just switched to calling her June all the time. I think it's ridiculous to give a child a unique name and then never use it. Now she's stuck with an unusual first name that her parents don't even seem that fond of given that they never call her Juniper any more.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I think one or both of them started disliking the name Juniper but they didn't want to back track after the name reveal. So they just switched to calling her June all the time. I think it's ridiculous to give a child a unique name and then never use it. Now she's stuck with an unusual first name that her parents don't even seem that fond of given that they never call her Juniper any more.
It's possible, but nicknames also seem to just happen and you don't really decide what you call someone. We almost never call my dog by her real name, but use a couple different nicknames. It just feels natural somehow. Juniper is kind of a clunky name, so I'm not surprised they shorten it all the time. Is Finley called Finley anymore? I don't watch the DBs nowadays, but it seems like they always call him Finn.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

fossilfinger wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I think one or both of them started disliking the name Juniper but they didn't want to back track after the name reveal. So they just switched to calling her June all the time. I think it's ridiculous to give a child a unique name and then never use it. Now she's stuck with an unusual first name that her parents don't even seem that fond of given that they never call her Juniper any more.
It's possible, but nicknames also seem to just happen and you don't really decide what you call someone. We almost never call my dog by her real name, but use a couple different nicknames. It just feels natural somehow. Juniper is kind of a clunky name, so I'm not surprised they shorten it all the time. Is Finley called Finley anymore? I don't watch the DBs nowadays, but it seems like they always call him Finn.
But Finley is also a terrible name. Imagine a grown man named Finley...yikes! Finley and Juniper are just trendy names that will seem odd in a decade or two. I grew up with a girl named Stormy and I always felt bad for her.

I also think Katie and Cullen made a mistake with "Gaines," that's just AWFUL. At least she has an OK true first name.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
But Finley is also a terrible name. Imagine a grown man named Finley...yikes! Finley and Juniper are just trendy names that will seem odd in a decade or two. I grew up with a girl named Stormy and I always felt bad for her.

I also think Katie and Cullen made a mistake with "Gaines," that's just AWFUL. At least she has an OK true first name.
I agree, I actually don't like any of the names that these YouTube couples come up with- Oliver is fine I suppose, but the rest just sound too trendy for my taste, or just regrettable in general.

Obviously it's not for me to decide what these strangers name their kids, if they love it then more power to them. But Kelsey and Corbin seem to have fallen out of love with the name Juniper. Presumably a child's name is something you put a lot of thought into and not something you decide you don't really like anymore after less than a year.

I noticed that Corbin still used the full name pretty regularly on his social media but Kelsey had switched almost entirely to referring to her by the nickname within a few weeks after she was born. I wonder if Corbin picked the name and Kelsey just had to go along with it, and her consolation prize was that she liked the nickname June. We all know that Corbin calls the shots and Kelsey is just along for the ride.
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

They are complete hipster posers. They like to pretend that they love nature. I think they picked a name they didnt love, but it fit in with what they pretend to be. So now they don't love it, anymore because it wasn't really "them."

It's sad that they can't just be themselves. Instead, they are trying to mold themselves into this "cool" counter-cultural couple. It isn't genuine, so it makes them come across as fake posers.

I think Juniper is a beautiful name, but I really like unique names that aren't too weird. I have a super common name that I like, but I hate that I have met at least 20-30 people with my same first and middle name combo... and have heard of many many many more.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I think they picked a name they loved, at the time, but like everything else we have been talking about they change their name often and for no reason and especially like to do 180s on about everything they say sooner than later.

And for whomever said something about Gaines. I know. I hate that name so much. If I saw that name on a resume' I would be shocked to see a dainty girl come in the door. It just doesn't suit her as a toddler but maybe it will later. It just reminds me of "Gainesburger dog food" or a manly cowboy or country singing duo. Brooks and Gaines . Their perogative though and not my business, just my opinion.
:D
shelbyanne
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by shelbyanne »

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:

My sisters name is Stormie and she HATES it.

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Oh I hate the name Gaines, too. It is truly awful. Poor girl. Tell your sister at least her name isn't Gaines hahaha
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

bunny88 wrote:Oh I hate the name Gaines, too. It is truly awful. Poor girl. Tell your sister at least her name isn't Gaines hahaha
If she ever gets chubby, you know what is going to happen. She'll be "Gaines weight" I am so glad not to be the only one! Why they didn't go with Macey, I don't understand. They're just setting her up. Kids are mean.
I actually like Juniper. Reminds me of the song Jennifer Juniper by Donovan.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I know naming a child is very personal and luckily we don't all have the same taste otherwise things would be very boring. But Kelsey and Corbin do not seem thrilled with the name they chose. I don't get using the family surname Gaines for your daughter, especially when she could be taunted as a child and called "Macey Gaines Weight" or whatever. But Katie and Cullen appear to adore the name and at least they gave her a more conventional legal first name to fall back on if she chooses. It's a lot easier to live with a middle name you're not thrilled with than a first name that she may grow up to dislike. Maybe Juniper will love her name and think it's pretty and unique. But if her parents continue to almost exclusively use the nickname June, I think they're expressing a clear preference and she's going to resent her legal first name being unusual and quirky if her parents never actually use it.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Does Juniper have a middle name?

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”